2010 - THEATRE - The miracle worker

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

the Miracle worker - Meet the stars

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl4KY4s7t4w

CITAZIONE
    See what the stars of THE MIRACLE WORKER, Abigail Breslin, Alison Pill, Matthew Modine, Jennifer Morrison and Elizabeth Franz, had to say about the first-ever Broadway revival of Helen Keller's true-life story! Performances begin February 12, 2010 at Circle in the Square Theatre on Broadway!

http://twitter.com/miracleworkerny/status/8551864755

Transcript by miracleworkeronbroadway.com

CITAZIONE
    Matthew Modine: I was flabbergasted by how I didn’t know the material when I read the play. Because, while it’s still very much a story about a teacher and a student, it’s much more a story about a family dealing with a crisis in the house.

Jennifer Morrison: Upon re-reading it, I just realized how complicated all the relationships in the story were, and how beautifully developed all the characters were. It’s not one of those stories where the two main characters are developed and everybody else is just there to help. Every single character has real depth.

Alison Pill: This story is well known, but the details have been kind of fudged around the edges. It’s a really incredible thing that they did, and to not take for granted that any of it was possible.

Kate Whoriskey: We’ve been doing two hours of physical training with Abigail and Alison every day, so that they can, particularly Abigail, get a sense of how to communicate if the body is all she has, and what she’s been finding is really extraordinary.

Abigail Breslin: The difference between doing film and doing Broadway, is obviously, in film you can get as many takes as you need. In this you don’t. You get one take every night, that’s it.

Matthew Modine: The miracle in this play comes when Annie Sullivan finds a way to communicate through letters in Helen Keller’s hand. There was no way they were going to make Helen see again or hear again, but they made Helen to see and hear in a different way, so it’s a story about communication. That’s a very contemporary story.

Elizabeth Franz: You’re going to go out very “hope-filled,” and you’re going to see that obstacles in life can be overcome. You have to fight; you have to fight for life.

Jennifer Morrison: People in general, based on the circumstances in the country right now, at this very moment are going to really relate to what this family is going through, and find hope. This family is ultimately able to get through the adversity, and is able to come together to find a solution for them to move forward.

Abigail Breslin: We really just go through a lot of emotions in this play, and I really just think that it has a million different “colors” to it.

Kate Whoriskey: If you’re willing to go with us through the journey of it, you’ll actually have something at the end. I think the story is triumphant.

Alison Pill: It’s an inspiring and incredible story. There’s not going to be another chance to see this cast in the round, as close as we are. It’s a Broadway house, but it’s tiny, and so much of what we get to do is so near and so raw. I think it’s going to be a really exciting night at the theatre. You will walk out of it changed.

Edited by Aleki77 - 17/2/2010, 08:05

2. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

jen mi fa morire a volte... dal 0.40 si vede sullo sfondo e lei è là bella agitata tutta entusiasta che gesticola come una matta... presa dal nuovo progetto...

:haha:

totally adorable

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

THE MIRACLE WORKER Featured in Vanity Fair and New York Magazine

February 10, 2010 - by NYC News Desk

VANITY FAIR - March 2010 issue

Little Miss Miracle

After a 49-year absence, William Gibson's The Miracle Worker, about the afflicted young Helen Keller and her teacher, Annie Sullivan, is returning to the Great White Way. The revival, directed by Kate Whoriskey, who last year directed the Pulitzer Prize-winning Ruined, by Lynn Nottage, stars Abigail Breslin, the 13-year-old Academy Award nominee from Little Miss Sunshine (2006), and Alison Pill, a ripe 24, who received a Tony nomination for her work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore in 2006 and is best known in film for her performance as the young activist Anne Kronenberg in Gus Van Sant's Milk (2008).

To see the Vanity Fair portrait of the young stars and read the rest of the feature, pick up a copy of the March "Hollywood" issue, on stands now.

New York Magazine - February 15, 2010 issue, currently on stands
    Looking for a Fight: Alison Pill on playing Annie Sullivan-fiercely

You won't hear anyone accusing the Tony-nominated actress Alison Pill of chewing scenery. But destroying it? Definitely. Piper Perabo still vividly remembers the first rehearsal of reasons to be pretty, the 2008 Neil LaBute play in which the two co-starred, when a stage direction called for Pill's character to slam a door in the midst of an argument. "It was one of those prop doors in a frame," Perabo says. "She pulled the thing off its hinges. That told me something about her right off the bat."

"I've broken a lot of sets," the actress-who is about to start previews as Annie Sullivan in The Miracle Worker, opening March 3-admits with a shrug, recalling her handling of a breakaway ashtray in pretty that "got obliterated. I mean, it was dust. And they're like, Maybe we can just give you a normal ashtray. I guess I don't know my own strength."

To read the rest of the profile, CLICK HERE http://nymag.com/arts/theater/features/63639/

Directed by Kate Whoriskey (Ruined), THE MIRACLE WORKER stars Academy Award(r) nominee Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) as Helen Keller and Tony Award(r) nominee Alison Pill (The Lieutenant of Inishmore) as Annie Sullivan, along with Golden Globe(r) and Emmy Award(r) nominee Matthew Modine ("And the Band Played On," Short Cuts), Jennifer Morrison (Fox's "House MD," Star Trek), Tony Award(r) winner Elizabeth Franz (Death of a Salesman), Tobias Segal, Daniel Orsekes, Michael Cummings, Simone Joy Jones, Yvette Ganier and Lance Chantiles-Wertz.

THE MIRACLE WORKER will be staged in the round for the first time at Circle in the Square Theatre, where is will open officially on Wednesday, March 3, 2010.

Get a special behind-the-scenes sneak peek of THE MIRACLE WORKER with the new teaser trailer, featuring interviews with the stars and director: www.miracleworkeronbroadway.com/.

Set in Tescumbia, Alabama in the 1880s, THE MIRACLE WORKER tells the story of the young Helen Keller, who became blind and deaf after a childhood illness, and the extraordinary woman, Annie Sullivan, who taught her to communicate with the world.

THE MIRACLE WORKER is produced by David Richenthal, Eric Falkenstein, Randall L. Wreghitt, Barbara & Buddy Freitag/Dan Frishwasser, Joseph J. Grano, Jr., Mallory Factor, Cheryl Lachowicz, Martha Falkenberg, Bruce J. Carusi & Susan Altamore Carusi, Lynn Shaw, David & Sheila Lehrer; in association with Connie Bartlow Kristan, Jamie deRoy/Remmel T. Dickinson and associate producers Rosalind Productions, Inc. and Patty Baker/Anna Czekaj.

For tickets and schedule information visit www.miracleworkeronbroadway.com

http://cityguideny.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=22152

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

THE MIRACLE WORKER—Twitter and Facebook Q&A With the Cast!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lnNErF0x8Q

5. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

Alekiiiiiiiiiii nostra c'è! :cool:

io rinuncio

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

la mia bimba bella *__*

7. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

she's awesome !!!
    love the end

great question Aleki !!

8. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Here are a few comments about the Miracle Worker previews

http://tempe.broadwayworld.com/board/readm...?thread=1011338

Jennifer Morrison was good as the mother in her Broadway debut and is absolutely beautiful.

There is a little too much focus on the parents and not enough on Anne and Helen. (YESSSS!, that means Jen has more scenes)

Another one says: "For me, the beginning was the weakest part, I felt Helen's parents were pretty one-note in the first act " :(

I'd say that it looks promising :D

9. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

nuovo video di interviste ^_^

YouTube Link

CITAZIONE
    Forty years ago, The Miracle Worker won the Tony award for best play, and Anne Bancroft took home the Tony for best actress. The play is making its way back to Broadway, and we talked to the actors who will be performing the production.

Source

Edited by MissisMad77 - 14/2/2010, 17:50

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

:please: :please: Sto "quasi" facendo indigestione di tutti questi video interviste *___* (vietato smettere! ho detto QUASI!!!)

11. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Mathew Modine was on The Today Show

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/35479530#35479530

is this Jennifer as Kate Keller?

12. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

yes! she is!!!

thanks briteen :please:

13. briteen