We met Jennifer (photos & stories)

« Older   Newer »

1. sisterchris88
        +1   -1

User deleted

oh no so cos'è l'invidia che provi sai ti capisco benissimo perchè due anni fa c'era Wentworth Miller (che io adoro) sempre a milano e per colpa di un esame non andai a vederlo che rimpianto ç__ç
    Quindi so cosa provi davvero, ma ti auguro di vedere Jen e so che anche li sul momento ti verrà fuori molto piu coraggio di quanto pensi (dopo lo shock iniziale comprensibile ihihhi)

2. psy2222
        +1   -1

User deleted

:littlewar:

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Some brief story of someone who met Jennifer Morrison

paradise_loved:
    CITAZIONE
    Jennifer Morrison went to my high school so I see a lot of her from time to time, but each time I've met her I'm always super scared to approach her.

klr1030:
    CITAZIONE
    I see her at Starbucks pretty often and she's always seemed really friendly and nice. She doesn't seem like she'd be a jerk if you approached her, especially if you have something like an alma mater in common lol.

paradise_loved:
    CITAZIONE
    She's amazingly kind and very personable. My parents saw her at an event at my high school and she sat and talked with them the whole time.

source

4. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

foto di carla78 ovvero

image image image

image image image

image image image

image image image

image image image

image image image

attendiamo suo racconto ;)

5. ~joey
        +1   -1

User deleted

stupende! *_*

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

:tnx:

7. sab_the_cat
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Aleki77 @ 13/2/2010, 10:13)
    http://twitter.com/sab_the_cat/status/9046057319

CITAZIONE
    sab_the_cat - Nevermind the tired freakshow on the right.. that's Cameron right there omfg! (Jennifer Morrison)

Ok so Aleki77 directed me to this forum asking me if I wanted to share something more about my Jen encounter, so here I am. I'm Sabine and I'm from the Italian part of Switzerland.
    I came home from NYC 4 days ago - I went there on holiday for one week - and I had a blast! I went to see the very first preview of The Miracle Worker and it blew me away already... wish I could see it further down in time to see if it can get even better, but in fact I should be glad I could watch it at all! As a matter of fact, I had just finished planning my trip when the news broke that Jennifer Morrison was leaving House MD and would join the cast of that play, so I was truly hoping I could catch it while I was there. I had a huge stroke of luck when they eventually announced the dates... starting 12th of Feb, it barely fit into my week there, which was ending on the 15th, but luckily it did, so I could watch either that or the one on the 13th at the very last...! Needless to say I booked my ticket (at half price to boot) right away!

Truth be told, I'm not as huge a fan as you all are here on this forum, though I did choose to see The Miracle Worker first and foremost because of Jen, being one of the familiar and fresh faces on my TV right now thanks to House MD. As an added value I was also familiar with Abigail Breslin's Little Miss Sunshine and Alison Pill's work in Milk, so it could only be a win-win situation.

Anyway, the play opens right there with Jen and Matthew's [Modine] characters, and I just couldn't take my eyes off her! You see, there's a difference when you see people on TV vs. for real: she looks perfect on TV - well, she's even beyond perfection in real life! I was lucky to be in a super nice seat in 2nd row too, so very very close to the stage.
    The play was really good, very powerful (so powerful, in fact, that in one of the first scenes with Abigail, Jen's dress had a minor dysfunction as two buttons came undone), and by the end of it you were left wanting for more! Jen was good and believable as the mother of Helen Keller, balancing well the genuine wish to do the best for her kid with the frailty of her character as she was facing the fact her kid was more and more bonding to the teacher than herself; Abigail was also very good in that, but - forgive me for this - the best of the bunch was definitely Alison Pill... she put so much soul into her character, and definitely had some very intense and touching scenes, especially with Abigail! Still, a very good performance by them all, and I was glad to see Jen do so well too!

During intermission I asked one of the theatre workers if and where the actors would come out after the play, and I was told they'd come out in the main hall where the box office is. So after I recovered from the powerful ending of the play I waited around for a while. Matthew Modine came out first - almost in stealth mode - and so I started snatching autographs... second was Abigail, who had a long line of youngsters waiting for her. I got her autograph too, but didn't really want to be a creep by asking for a picture... maybe in a few years, lol. Then Jen came out too and soon a small group of people stood around her, waiting for autographs. I moved in that direction and waited my turn. I overheard a few girls saying something nice to her about the House thing (sad that Cameron was leaving and all) but most just asked for an autograph or a picture. When it was my turn she was very sweet, lovely, and, up close, prettier than ever! She asked me whether she had to sign in a specific place (I had used my Moleskine instead of the programme, there were already two autographs on the right page, and none on the left), so I told her she could sign anywhere, and could even use up the full left page if she wanted to - she laughed at that and then signed on the empty page :D I also told her she had been great in the play, but avoided mentioning any House related stuff, then I asked for a picture. The funny thing is I had my good camera with me (DSLR) but since it's so huge and in-your-face I didn't really want to pull it out, hence why I had the picture taken with my camera phone (sigh :(). After that I said thanks, bye and moved to the side to let others have their time with her, too. I still lingered around there for a while, though, catching the last glimpses of her as I started realising and coming to terms with the whole thing.

So that's pretty much it! When I was there I wasn't too much star-struck (though I couldn't come up with anything smart to say other than congratulating her for the performance), but it definitely left a mark afterwards, when it was over.
    Since I couldn't get hold of Alison Pill then (I think she left while I was with Jen) I came back the next day to see if I could get her autograph as well. I did, and while there I saw Jen again, although I didn't go up to her this time. She was busy signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans, still very lovely and all smiles for everyone. Really friendly and nice indeed!

For those interested here are the autographs from (part of) the cast, Jennifer's included (bottom left)!

Thanks for reading!

Tradurrò in italiano domani... non ci crederete ma ci ho messo più di un'ora a scrivere tutto questo... ora è tardi e purtroppo non sono più nel fuso orario di New York :(
    A presto!

8. essentiel_
        +1   -1

User deleted

congratulazioni sabine, sono molto felice per te.
    Non è necessario che tu traduca, tranquilla. La maggior parte della nostra utenza è straniera quindi in inglese è perfetto.
    Se vuoi presentarti nella sezione ci farebbe piacere conoscerti anche al di fuori di questo splendido incontro. :)
    Ancora congratulazioni :)

9. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hi Sabine, thank you so much for your post

I've read and love it!!! :heart:

10. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sabine, thanks for the account and the picture.

Edited by mvitto - 21/2/2010, 17:31

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

:tnx: Sabine for your post !!!!

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

:tnx: Sabine *hug*

13. Robe
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oh lucky u!!

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ok finalmente pure io posso dire di aver incontrato Jennifer Morrison e di essere soppravissuta per poterlo raccontre :P

Visto che il racconto è lungo ve lo divido in diversi pezzi ... intanto via con la prima decina di foto ... sono quelle dell'iphone, qualità pessima, tanto impegno, ma tremavo come una foglia per l'eccitazione, per la stanchezza del viaggio e per il nervoso per non aver avuto i miei bagagli.

Sono arrivata in hotel ben più tardi dell'orario previsto, per i motivi a voi noti, così mi sono rinfrescata al volo e poi mi sono buttata in metropolitana che è a soli due passi dall'hotel dove alloggiavo, che si trova a sole due fermate dal teatro dove recita Jennifer e dove guarda caso c'è anche un piccolo supermercato che vende anche prodotti per il corpo oltre che "cibo buono" che ti consente di consumarlo in una saletta che guarda sull'ottava ava. Guardo l'orario e vedo che Jen deve essere dentro a recitare, e decido quindi di sistemare prima altre cose come l'avere uno spazzolino da denti e una spazzola per capelli e poi placare la mia sete con il mio adorato pineapple juice!
    Non riesco a mandar giù nulla oltre che il succo e poi mi incammino timorosa verso il teatro chiedendomi se senza biglietto mi avrebbero fatto entrare. Vedo che nella lobby up ci sono alcuni ragazzi e quindi decido di entrare anch'io mescolandomi alla folla ... se non altro per scaldarmi. Mi siedo lungo una delle finestre che guarda le scale della lobby down e aspetto pazientemente. Vicino a me si siede un bel ragazzone di colore ... e lo guardo impacciata, ma lui sorride benevole e io mi rilasso.
    Qualche minuto dopo sento la folla applaudire e così capisco che il miracolo è già avvenuto, ma il mio sta per iniziare.
    Vedo delle persone scendere nella lobby down e con fare timoroso li seguo.
    Mi ritrovo giù, in mezzo a una folla gioiosa e allegra e io non so dove guardare , finchè mi giro e OMG!!! lei è lì a due passi da me nella sua giacca di lana bianca.
    Afferrò l'iphone e con discrezione lo tiro fuori facendo le terribili foto di cui avete avuto un'anteprima qui e aspetto il mio turno, non osando respirare. Poi lei si gira verso di me ... e io ho pensato solamente: "OMG! è lei! ed è bellissima! 1000 volte di più che nelle foto!"
    Io non riesco a parlare tanto sono emozionata ... ma lei mi mette tranquilla ... tanto che riesco ad articolare qualche parola.
    Lei mi sorride e mi ascolta ... mi prende perfino le mani (le mie erano gelate e le sue caldissime) e riesco anche a rallentare la respirazione. Le dissi che ero lì per lei, che avevo tante cose da darle ma che la compagnia aerea aveva smarrito i miei bagagli ... la sua espressione di solidarietà nei miei confronti per il disagio mi ha quasi fatto male al cuore ... perchè sembrava che fosse successo a lei e non a me. La signora che aveva parlato prima con Jennifer si volta ancora interrompendoci e dicendole che era meravigliosa in House ... io prendo la palla al balzo e le dico che il suo fandom è molto arrabbiato perchè lei è fuori da House ... e lei mi dice "Ohh so sorry!"
    Io ho bisogno di qualche istante per capire e poi le rispondo! "Not with you but with the writers! We all love you!"
    Lei sembra rasserenarsi e mi dice "Ohh you're so sweet!" Mi stringe ancora le mani e poi torna a dirmi che lei non avrebbe mai voluto lasciare House, per nessun motivo!
    Poi mi chiede se ho visto lo spettacolo ... e io le dico che lo avrei visto l'indomani bagagli permettendo, le chiedo se possiamo fare una foto (che vedrete nei prossimi giorni) e lei accetta. Io mi faccio da parte e la lascio ad altri fans che le chiedono foto e autografi ...

image image image image image image image image image image image

... poi si scusa dicendo che di sopra ha un amico che la sta aspettando e con rapidi balzi sale le scale per finire tra le braccia del ragazzo di colore che prima era seduto accanto a me nella lobby up!

A più tardi per la prossima parte del racconto ;) e delle foto

SECONDA PARTE

Edited by Aleki77 - 1/3/2010, 14:27

15. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

grazieeeee

la mia foto preferita è questa:

è sempre una meraviglia vederla ridere

e vederla sorridere così, come lei sola fa, in mezzo alla piccola folla di cui tu hai fatto parte... mi riporta alle sensazioni che mi suscitò anni fa a milano... awwww! che ragazza piacevole e carina.

103 replies since 5/6/2009, 11:02   9883 views