Jennifer Morrison's interview - House - The Miracle Worker - and more other

Jennifer risponde alla mia intervista

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison's interview - House - The Miracle Worker - Star Trek - Warrior - and her future project

by Aleki77

House

Aleki77 - In the last 3 seasons (from about half of S3 till the end) we saw Cameron’s character change so much that some people find hard to identify that “new” Cameron with the one in the first three seasons.. also the drastic decrease in Cameron’s scene didn’t really help. How did you embrace this change in your character’s behaviour?

Jennifer - I am glad that Cameron changed over the years. Often times on TV, characters stay the same forever and they can become boring and predictable. After working for House for 3 years Cameron would have naturally changed and grown stronger and more assertive. I appreciate that the writers made that a part of the character. As for the decrease in the amount of scenes… It always seemed that after they brought on the new team, they were never sure how Cameron fit into the hospital anymore. I was no longer on the team because I had grown past that; I was not his love interest; I was not his boss; I was not a close friend. I was no longer in House’s orbit. Since the show is centered around House, that makes it difficult to keep Cameron involved in many scenes.

Aleki77 - This is a question I already wrote in the previous letter, in your opinion why they didn’t give to House and Cameron as pairing a real chance? Even when the show from the start seemed to head in that direction? (“But are you damaged?”)

Jennifer - I will never really know why the writers didn’t give House and Cameron a real chance as a couple. My guess is that since they would be a good pair, it wouldn’t make for very good TV. What is compelling and interesting is conflict. Cameron may have been to accommodating to House for that story line to have panned out. Keeping that tension without resolving it makes the “Hameron” interactions more intense.

MIRACLE WORKER

Aleki77 - Due to my job I relate with a lots of parents whose children have physical or mental problems, in my experience those parents usually react in two ways: on one hand they love their child so much that they suffocate him with attentions or on the other hand they ignore the problems and sometimes they ignore the child’s need too. How do you train yourself as the mother of a “difficult” child?

Jennifer - Playing the parent of a special needs child gave me a very deep empathy for every parent, and especially parents of children with special needs. As Kate Keller, I found that I was always in conflict. One part of me wanted desperately to find and answer for my child. I would have given my life for her to be well and have a good life. The other part of me didn’t want to lose her. The idea of allowing a teacher to be closer to my child than me was horrifying. At times Kate Keller “behaved badly,” as I would call it. She would turn against Annie Sullivan out of her need to feel closer to Helen than Annie. This placed Kate in a constant love/hate relationship with Annie. In the end, Kate is willing to get over herself and let Helen go…let Helen be closer to Annie than herself for the good of her child. She overcame her own maternal needs in order to give her child a better life.

Aleki77 - I read somewhere that you didn’t think to be right person for the role of Kate Keller, why? Had you get to the audition soaked again, without time to straighten out for the audition?

Jennifer - I didn’t know much about Kate Keller when I read for the role. I knew the play, but I did not know Kate’s back-story. Once I researched Kate, I realized that I was right for the role.

Aleki77 - I read a lots of reviews about The Miracle Worker and the critics are mostly about the choice of a circular stage, do you think of it like a limitation or simply as a different kind of approach to the stage?

Jennifer - The only reason the play was done in the round was because there were no other theaters available. I think they did a wonderful job of accommodating ten locations in a very limited space.

THE MIRACLE WORKER, STAR TREK, WARRIOR

Aleki77 - How I already told you in our last meeting, you played a mother role for three time in your career, in your opinion what are the similarities and what are the differences between those three mothers?

Jennifer - Although I do play a mother in all three, my characters in each project are focused on different things. In MIRACLE WORKER, I am focused on finding a cure for my child, or a way for her to function in the world. In STAR TREK I am welcoming a child in to the world and reveling in that miracle, but also losing my husband in the same moment. I cannot give into my emotions because I know he needs me to be strong for him, and I want to remember the beauty of the last words we shared before his ship explodes. In WARRIOR I have 2 daughters and I am focused on keeping the family together during very strenuous economic times. We are struggling horribly financially and I want to protect my daughters from being affected by our financial problems. In all three cases, I play a mother that would give her life for her children. They are three very loving mothers in three very different circumstances.

Aleki77 - The Star Trek movie was well know as for the secrecy surrounding the set, but anyway there were some pics of you in a blue coat, why we can find anything about Warrior? Can you tell me something about your role?

Jennifer - WARRIOR is going to be released on September 17th… There will be several interviews about that character closer to the release date.

FLOURISH

Aleki77 - A lots of your fan really were astonish by the realism of the movie Flourish and your role was so different in comparison to the sweet and caring Doctor Cameron or Leslie the girl-next-door of Table for Three, characters we’re used to watch you play, what you liked about this script to move you not only to play Gabrielle but even to participate in the production?

Jennifer - I only started playing the girl next door on screen. On stage I have played much darker roles over the years. I enjoy both, but creatively my intention is to continue playing as many different types of women as possible. Just as you saw Cameron grow over the years on House, I have no interest in playing the same character over and over again. Different is good.

FUTURE PROJECTS

Aleki77 - Last December, Ausiello wrote in his column “a source tells me that Morrison has been taking pilot meetings” , is it true? Will we see you in some new tv show next year?

Jennifer - I am not doing a TV show next season. The play made me unavailable for pilot season this year.

Aleki77 - After Flourish’s experience as a producer, have you ever think about some other project behind the scene as director, producer or screenwriter?

Jennifer - I continue to produce and write. I am one of the producers that found GLEE and brought it to Ryan Murphy. I did not stay involved creatively, but I am credited as an associated producer on the first season for my involvement in finding it and helping to get it into the right hands. I am working on pitches for other projects of my own as well.

CHILDHOOD

Aleki77 - After interpreting a baby hobbit as a child, do you remember what was you next role? How do you become the artist that you are today?

Jennifer - My next role after Fili in the children’s version of the Hobbit was Jane in Mary Poppins.

-----------------

Special Fan's Questions

When your fans have read on twitter about this chance you gave me for interviewing you, they asked me a special thing:
    - Did you receive/enjoy the bag that CottonCandy Forum passed to Lisa Edelstein at 2009 FOX UpFront?
    - Did you receive/enjoy the fanbook about House and Cameron from German fans sent to you through FOX on last Fall?
    - Did you enjoy the bag that I gave you on February in the theatre?

Jennifer - No, I did not receive the bag that was given to Lisa at the upfronts.
    Yes, I very much appreciated the gift bag and scrapbook that the JMO love forum sent. The scrapbook is beautiful and very humbling. Thank you!

http://bit.ly/atzfp7

Thanks so much to Mad and Vitto :tnx:

Thanks Jennifer for your awesome kindness

Edited by Aleki77 - 11/4/2010, 02:51

2. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

So

Thank you for posting the questions

you really asked the right questions, thank you so much. You would make an excellent reporter, better than Ausiello and Kristin.

And now I wonder what Lisa did with Jen's bag, is it because it had House/Cameron manips plastered all over it?

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (briteen @ 11/4/2010, 02:39)
    And now I wonder what Lisa did with Jen's bag, is it because it had House/Cameron manips plastered all over it?

honestly? I don't know, maybe she forgot it into the Seppi's resturant. I didn't see the bag into Lisa's hand when she went out from the resturant.

thanks for the compliments, but I only asked what every fans wanted to know about her ... I have more questions for Jen ... next time? ;-)

4. MissisMad77
        +1   -1

User deleted

She's so lovely... I just want to hug her!

and wow to that:

CITAZIONE
    I am one of the producers that found GLEE and brought it to Ryan Murphy

even if I hate Glee, it's one of the great success of the season! Good for her!

CITAZIONE
    WARRIOR is going to be released on September 17th… There will be several interviews about that character closer to the release date.

several interviews!!!!

:tnx: Ale, Vitto and Jen!

5. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks, so this year we'd probably have only Warrior stuff on late summer and something from House guest appearances... sad.
    I hope to have many interviews for the movie and for her producing role ^^

interesting answer for HCam question (very good one Aleki)!!!

6. Angie B
        +1   -1

User deleted

Soooooo sweetie!!!... Thanks for the interview girls!!!

Latter a post some decent coment! *so happy*

7. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Wow you interviewed her?!?!? Wow!!! Hope u can do it some time again...she is nice!! Great interview!!!

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (tiuchis @ 8/4/2013, 07:41) 
    Wow you interviewed her?!?!? Wow!!! Hope u can do it some time again...she is nice!! Great interview!!!

Woah! it seems to have happened a century ago. Yes, I too hope I can do it again

7 replies since 10/4/2010, 23:23   2090 views