2009 - GLEE (Producer)

« Older   Newer »

1. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

A high-school Spanish teacher becomes the director of the school's Glee club,
    hoping to restore it to its former glory.
    www.imdb.com/title/tt1327801/

Series Produced by
    Ian Brennan .... co-executive producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Bradley Buecker .... supervising producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Dante Di Loreto .... executive producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Brad Falchuk .... executive producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Alexis Martin .... producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Ryan Murphy .... executive producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Michael Novick .... producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Zachary Woodlee .... co-producer (14 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Jennifer Morrison .... associate producer (12 episodes, 2009-2010)
    John Peter Kousakis .... co-executive producer (9 episodes, 2009)
    Kenneth J. Silverstein .... producer (7 episodes, 2009-2010)
    Thomas Kuehl .... associate producer (2 episodes, 2009)

www.imdb.com/title/tt1327801/fullcredits

CITAZIONE
    Aleki77 - After Flourish’s experience as a producer, have you ever think about some other project behind the scene as director, producer or screenwriter?

Jennifer - I continue to produce and write. I am one of the producers that found GLEE and brought it to Ryan Murphy. I did not stay involved creatively, but I am credited as an associated producer on the first season for my involvement in finding it and helping to get it into the right hands. I am working on pitches for other projects of my own as well.
    intervista 2010 - https://jmolove.forumfree.it/?t=47410188

2. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks briteen

GLEEK HIGH
    By KATE JACKSON, TV Features Writer
    Published: 10 Apr 2010

IN the school library is a 1997 Year Book containing drama pictures of a teenager called Ian Brennan.

Until recently, few would have taken much notice of these snaps taken at Prospect High School, in Chicago.

But that boy grew up to create the Golden Globe-winning drama series Glee, which has acquired a cult following worldwide.

If follows a high school glee club - or show choir combining singing with dancing - under the directorship of Spanish teacher Will Schuester.

Around 1.4 million UK viewers were glued to the first season, and fans even have their own nickname, the Gleeks.

The characters' performance of Don't Stop Believin' helped send the Eighties hit back into the UK top 10 - with both the Glee cover and the original by Journey charting last winter.

And Glee: The Music is currently number four in the album charts.

So to coincide with the return of Glee to our screens, with new episodes starting on E4 on Monday, April 19 at 9pm, and the release of the DVD, we went to the real school in Mount Prospect that inspired the hit show.

Ian, 31, who pens the series with Nip/Tuck's Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, says that even in "suburban normal and plain" places like Mount Prospect, "there's this desire to shine. That's fascinating and funny to me, especially when people try to accomplish this through show choir - which, to me, is inherently a little ridiculous."

Ian was in the school's show choir but it is his old theatre director, John Marquette who inspired the character of Will, plus his mum Charman. Will is charged with restoring the glee club, called New Directions, to its former glory.

There's no shortage of teen drama with characters such as Quinn Fabray, who is pregnant by her boyfriend's best friend, and flamboyant Kurt Hummel, a gay male soprano.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/featu...l#ixzz0ldSJ6JAR

There's also Sue Sylvester, who coaches the Cheerios cheerleading squad and is determined to destroy the glee club.

At Ian's old high school, where one in four of the 2,200 pupils are involved in performing arts, Ian's name is now spoken in the same breath as other celebrity alumni including House actress Jennifer Morrison and current American Idol finalist Lee DeWyze.

Director of the mixed show choir, called Mixed Company, Jennifer Troiano, says Glee is a huge hit with pupils. But she adds: "On Glee, they get a new number to sing and they've learnt all the words and moves in a day. If only that could happen!"

At a rehearsal this week, Ian's father, John, popped in - to rapturous applause from the pupils.He says: "Everyone asks, 'Is the show true to life?' Ian would quickly say 'No, it's fictional.' It's exaggerated and it's tongue-in-cheek, which is quite British in its humour."

Judging by the vast number of trophies, it's clear the kids at Prospect take their performances just as seriously as Ian's Glee club.

Associate Principal Greg Minter says: "Our kids, the parents and the community expect excellence."

With her model looks, and terrific dance moves and voice, it's easy to compare talented soloist Tricia Parenti, 18, to fictional lead vocalist Rachel Berry.

Tricia says: "One of my idols is Lea Michele, who plays Rachel. I also love Kurt Hummel, played by Chris Colfer, because he has such a flamboyant personality."

Each member pays an annual fee of £433, and most pupils take weekly vocal lessons at £15 a time. There are three-hour rehearsals once or twice a week plus a week-long boot camp in the summer.

Meggie Kania, 15, says: "We enter four or five competitions a year and on those days, we get up at 5.30am to get the bus to wherever it is. We do our hair and make-up on the journey and don't get home until 3am next morning."

But Jennifer says her school is nowhere near as competitive as others.

She says: "Some schools go to 10 competitions a year and their girls will be caked in make-up. They'll spend so much money on their shows, with smoke machines and light panels."

While Glee couldn't be more politically correct, with a student in a wheelchair, an even ethnic mix and, shock horror, a fairly portly girl, there's no such obvious tokenism here.

Catherine Lee, 16, says: "We are pretty much a white school and that's because of the area."

There are, however, athletes, just as Glee has Finn Hudson.

Scott Diebel 17, says: "My parents signed me up for a choir and I thought it was stupid. Then I realised I was good at singing.

"When I came here, I said I was never going to go for Mixed Company because of the dancing. Then I realised they were normal, fun people."

And the one thing every Gleek wants to know? Is there a real-life Sue Sylvester.

The name Brent Pearlman came up. As head football coach, it's his job to bark orders at his team, but he assures us he doesn't hold Sue's hatred for show choir.

He says: "We have had a lot of kids who play football and are in the choir. I actually took singing lessons myself and I wish I could play a musical instrument."

Crikey! Sue would have this guy out quicker than he could say quarterback.

Glee: Road to Sectionals is available on DVD from April 12 courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/featu...ation-Glee.html

3. -ELY-
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thaaanks!!!

Glee (insieme a Modern Family) è il miglior telefilm prodotto quest'anno secondo me! :D

4. chandlerbing
        +1   -1

User deleted

Scusate, forse sono io che sono un po' tonta... ma che cosa centra il nome di Jen con lo show glee della fox? sorry...

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dovresti leggerti l'intervista che ho fatto a Jennifer. Alla domanda se la vedremo ancora in veste di produttrice lei ha risposto che è una delle produttrici associate di Glee in quanto è lei che l'ha scoperto e lo ha fatto arrivare nelle mani giuste. Aggiunge anche che non ha proseguito nella collaborazione, ma che per riconoscenza è stata inserita tra i produttori associati per questa prima stagione di Glee.

6. chandlerbing
        +1   -1

User deleted

Si scusa, in effetti l'ho letta di fretta ed e' per questo che non ci avevo capito un granche' anche perche' ho fatto la traduzione con google ma l'italiano del pc e' piuttosto approssimativo.... grazie comunque per la spiegazione...

7. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

figurati... ;) e poi chi l'avrebbe mai detto?! :P

son proprio contenta che creativamente si dia da fare anche nella produzione (dopo l'esperimento intrigante di FLOURISH) e chissà che non capiti l'occasione di fare la guest magari nelle prossime stagioni!!!

suonare e cantare non saranno un problema sarei molto curiosa di vederla in questa specie di musical!

8. chandlerbing
        +1   -1

User deleted

Lo sai che ho pensato la stessa cosa!! Io non ho mai visto glee ma mi incuriosirebbe molto vedere Jen in questo show, che ha conquistato pubblico e critica se non sbaglio... per cui sarebbe perfetto per lei.... ma Jen ha fatto solo la produttrice in flourish, oltre naturalmente che recitare?

9. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

a quanto ne sappiamo... sì ^^

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Although Jennifer Morrison receives associate producing credits for Glee, she has no input or current association on the show in any way. Jennifer was one of the first to run across the initial idea for the show and saw the potential for an amazing show. It was then that Jennifer contacted friend and producer Ryan Murphy who agreed and proceeded to pick up the concept and create the show. As they say the rest is history. Ryan Murphy has shown Jennifer his gratitude by giving her associate producing credit on the show. I don't know if the credit will continue for the duration of the show, but she received credit to the last episode shown.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_jennifer_morr...roducer_of_glee

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    stephmck
    @jenmorrisonlive in the credits of Glee, it lists "Jennifer Morrison" as producer. Is this you, or another jennifer morrison? :)
    5 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/stephmck/status/17616150313566208

CITAZIONE
    jenmorrisonlive

@stephmck that's me!
    4 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/jenmorrisonlive/...630470321733634

10 replies since 20/4/2010, 10:57   1185 views