HIMYM - News, spoilers, general discussion

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Done deal: Jennifer Morrison hits the 'Mother' lode

by Michael Ausiello

Former House doc Jennifer Morrison is joining the cast of How I Met Your Mother as Zooey, Ted’s new love interest.

And she’s not just any love interest. Zooey’s “the biggest female character we’ve maybe ever added to the show in Ted’s life,” exec producer Craig Thomas declared to EW.com last month. “This is a big arc—a huge arc. It’s going to be a little less date-of-the-week for Ted, which season 5 was.”

So, who exactly is Zooey? As I teased yesterday, she’s a rabble-rousing activist who’s hell-bent on saving the Arcadian, an old New York hotel that’s scheduled to be torn down to make way for the Goliath National Bank tower—which Ted just so happens to be designing.

Cue fireworks!

Thomas describes the Ted-Zooey dynamic as “very complicated and interesting.” Adds fellow EP Carter Bays: “This is going to be a big saga for Ted. [It's] going to be a big overarching story that will take Ted on a journey that we’re really excited about.”

Although Thomas doesn’t come out and ID Morrison as the titular mama, he does concede that season 6 gets “back to the fact that Ted is the ‘I’ in How I Met Your Mother. There’s going to be a huge push forward for Ted on that search.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/09/jen...our-mother-ted/

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Welcomes HOUSE Star Jennifer Morrison

September 9, 2010 by Korbi Ghosh

Back in July, GIVE ME MY REMOTE was eager to tell you about the new lady entering Ted Mosby’s life this season.

As HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas explained, Ted will get a call from Goliath National Bank, asking him to take another stab at designing their new headquarters. However there is a catch: He’ll have to destroy one of New York’s historical buildings in order to erect his masterpiece and, for Ted, a lover of nostalgia with respect for such things, he’ll be conflicted. The conflict will change shape, though, when he meets a woman whose passion in life is to preserve and protect this building. Said Thomas, she’s someone who would picket the destruction and she and Ted will become bitter enemies.

Today, CBS confirms that HOUSE alum Jennifer Morrison has signed on to play this very significant recurring role, which will no doubt take a romantic turn for Ted.

Morrison’s character, Zoey, will be in at least five episodes this season, though she may stick around for several more.

So, thoughts?

How do you HOUSE fans feel about J Mo’s jump to comedy?

www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/...nifer-morrison/

CITAZIONE
    Today's News: Our Take

Is Jennifer Morrison How I Met Your Mother's Mother?

Sep 9, 2010 06:28 PM ET
    by Natalie Abrams

Jennifer Morrison may be taking on the mother of all roles.

The former House star joins the cast of How I Met Your Mother as Zooey, a new love interest for Ted (Josh Radnor), according to Entertainment Weekly.

Fall TV: See where we left off with all your favorite returning shows

Described by executive producer Craig Thomas as "the biggest female character" ever added to Ted's life, Zooey is an activist trying to stop the destruction of a building that will be replaced by one of Ted's designs.

There's no word yet on how long Zooey will be sticking around, but producers told EW it will be a "huge arc" this season.

www.tvguide.com/News/Jennifer-Morrison-Mother-1022807.aspx

CITAZIONE

It's Official: Jennifer Morrison Lands Guest Arc on 'How I Met Your Mother'

by Jean Bentley, posted Sep 9th 2010 6:30PM

Jennifer MorrisonTed's getting a new love interest on 'How I Met Your Mother' in the form of 'House' veteran Jennifer Morrison, The Ausiello Files reports.

Morrison will play Zooey, "the biggest female character we've maybe ever added to the show in Ted's life," executive producer Craig Thomas told EW.com. So, uh, is she the mother?

We don't really know. All Thomas would say is that "This is a big arc -- a huge arc. It's going to be a little less date-of-the-week for Ted, which season 5 was."

According to Ausiello, Zooey and Ted's relationship will be an opposites attract situation. Zooey wants to save an old New York hotel from being demolished so a fancy new bank tower can take its place, and Ted's the one designing said tower. Drama!

The exact length of Morrison's stay on 'HIMYM' is unknown. Deadline Hollywood reports that it could be as few as five but as many as 13 episodes.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/09/its-offi...on-how-i-met-y/

CITAZIONE

Jennifer Morrison on How I Met Your Mother

Will this be the season that we meet the “Mother”? It is still unclear as the season has not yet started, but for those of us who have been following the journey from the beginning, I think a little skepticism is a good thing.

To begin with, Morrison will have a 5-episode arc which could lead to a full 13 episodes. All of those episodes, of course, have the potential to lead to what the viewers have been waiting for all along. However, that has yet to be confirmed.

EW is reporting that the execs are planning to take How I Met Your Mother back to its roots and and get down and dirty in remembering that Ted is the I in How I Met Your Mother. They expect that Morrison’s character will take Ted on a much deeper journey and really take him back to his real mission: finding his future wife.

http://shamelesstv.wordpress.com/2010/09/0...et-your-mother/

Edited by Aleki77 - 10/9/2010, 03:51

3. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

I couldn't be more happy these days!!!

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE

'How I Met Your Mother' Brings In Jennifer Morrison

September 10, 2010 06:05:47 GMT

The former 'House M.D.' star will be taking a huge bite out of the sixth season with her character Zooey.

Jennifer Morrison has just been announced as the latest guest on "How I Met Your Mother", and the question is, "Will she be the mother?". First clue, she will be Ted's new love interest named Zooey and second, she is not just any woman in Ted's life but "the biggest female character we've maybe ever added to the show in Ted's life" exec producer Craig Thomas said.

The character Zooey has been teased by Thomas since last month. She is an activist who is trying hard to sustain the old New York hotel called Arcadian which is about to be torn down to make room for Goliath National Bank tower. Ted happens to be the one designing the new building.

Although seeming at opposite ends, the relationship is "very complicated and interesting". Thomas' exec producer partner Carter Bays added, "This is going to be a big saga for Ted. [It's] going to be a big overarching story that will take Ted on a journey that we're really excited about."

The casting news did not come with a detail of when Zooey will appear. However, Thomas confirmed to EW that Morrison will be seen in more than an episode, saying "This is a big arc - a huge arc. It's going to be a little less date-of-the-week for Ted, which season 5 was."

"How I Met Your Mother" premieres the sixth season on September 20 with Rachel Bilson returning as Cindy.

www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00035327.html

CITAZIONE

Jennifer Morrison nella sesta stagione di How I Met Your Mother!

Ieri era in competizione con altre due attrici, oggi è la sola vincitrice: Jennifer Morrison apparirà nella sesta stagione di How I Met Your Mother, nel ruolo - dal quinto episodio - di interesse amoroso di Ted, una stramba e contorta attivista ‘verde’ che si scontrerà con il protagonista per evitare la demolizione di un edificio storico, l’Arcadian. E se non volete spoiler sgraditi….godetevi le foto promozionali della premiere Big Days!

Non sappiamo se Jennifer Morrison sarà la misteriosa mamma di How I Met Your Mother, ma l’ex Cameron di Dr House apparirà in 13 episodi della sesta stagione nel ruolo di Zooey, personaggio che si scontrerà con Ted quando questo vorrà demolire un vecchio edificio di New York, lo storico Hotel Arcadian, che dovrà far posto alla nuova torre della Goliath National Bank.

Zooey è il personaggio femminile “forse più importante di cui abbiamo mai parlato, non solo nello show ma anche nella vita di Ted“, come aveva anticipato il produttore Craig Thomas il mese scorso, e sarà protagonista di quel “grande arco narrativo che porterà Ted ad avere meno appuntamenti a settimana come fu nella quinta stagione“.

Il personaggio della Morrison sarà “molto complicato ed interessante“, e se nei giorni scorsi Thomas aveva anticipato come la sesta stagione sarebbe stata “molto incentrata sul fatto che Ted è l’io di ‘Come io ho conosciuto vostra madre‘”, secondo Carter Bays, l’altro producer, “questa sarà una grande saga per Ted, una storia importante che porterà Ted a fare un viaggio di cui siamo molto fieri”

I produttori hanno trovato anche il tempo di parlare del fatto che Jason Segel vuole andarsene alla fine dell’ottava stagione; significa che lo show chiuderà? “Quella frase è diventata una storia gigantesca - ha spiegato Thomas - ed è divertente perché tutti i nostri contratti scadono all’ottava stagione, anche se mi piacerebbe superare quel punto“.

http://www.televisionando.it/articolo/jenn...r-mother/31971/

5. alli_152
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yaaaaaaaaaay! I'm so happy for her!
    Looks like the finger crossing worked!

6. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for putting all these articles in one place...very helpful!

7. lovehousemd_frv
        +1   -1

User deleted

*jumps*Yay!i'm really excited and her character sounds like really interesting woman^_^

8. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Just in case you want to leave a message on the Jennifer Morrison joins HIMYM Official Thread on the CBS boards

www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/131141.page

let the producers know we appreciate her getting the role :D

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE

Jennifer Morrison guest star in How I Met Your Mother

notizia a cura di Sonja Della Ragione

L'attrice ha firmato un accordo per un importante ruolo ricorrente che la vedrà protagonista della vita di Ted nella prossima stagione.

La bella dottoressa di Dr. House, Jennifer Morrison, farà parte del cast di How I Met Your Mother - E alla fine arriva mamma! per la prossima stagione in un ruolo ricorrente e importante nella vita di Ted. Attenzione! Invitiamo i gentili lettori a non proseguire nella lettura dell'articolo per non conoscere ulteriori dettagli sulla trama inedita.

Il produttore Craig Thomas ha dichiarato che Zooey, il personaggio di Jennifer sarà "la donna più importante nella vita di Ted fino ad oggi e il suo arco narrativo sarà molto esteso, ma non è detto che sia lei la 'mamma' che stiamo aspettando". Zooey è descritta come una donna forte e determinata, un'attivista impegnata a salvaguardare i palazzi storici di New York, cosa che la vedrà scontrarsi con Ted per quanto riguarda il vecchio hotel Arcadia, che sorge sul lotto di terreno su cui verrà eretto il nuovo edificio per la National Bank disegnato proprio dal nostro romantico architetto. La Morrison ha appena terminato di lavorare con Nick Nolte e Gavin O'Connor nell'action-drama Warrior.

http://www.movieplayer.it/news/14119/jenni...et-your-mother/

CITAZIONE
    Jennifer Morrison da “Dr. House” a “E alla fine arriva mamma!”

E alla fine arriva… Jennifer Morrison! L’attrice cambia “House” e approda nel cast della sitcom “E alla fine arriva mamma!”.

Dopo il ruolo della dottoressa Allison Cameron che le ha regalato il grande successo in Dr. House - Medical Division, la 31enne Morrison è ora pronta per una nuova parte sul piccolo schermo, stavolta nella serie comica trasmessa da Italia 1 e Joi che vanta tra i suoi protagonisti Neil Patrick Harris (vincitore di ben 2 premi agli ultimi Emmy Awards) e l’ex Willow di Buffy, Alyson Hannigan.

Ma che ruolo avrà la bella dottoressa Cameron nella sesta stagione di “E alla fine arriva mamma?” La Morrison sarà Zooey, un’attivista che diventerà il nuovo interesse amoroso di Ted (Josh Radnor); non si tratterà però di una delle sue fidanzate usa e getta che durano una puntata, bensì sarà destinata a diventare la sua relazione più duratura nell’intero show, cosa che le garantirà una presenza come guest-star in 13 episodi (su 22) della nuova stagione.

Per questa parte la concorrenza era molto agguerrita: la Morrison è infatti riuscita a battere attrici come Minka Kelly (star di “Friday Night Lights”) e Jacinda Barrett (vista in “The Last Kiss” e “Che pasticcio, Bridget Jones”). Oltre a “E alla fine arriva mamma!”, per lei ci sarà poi un altro ruolo da guest-star televisiva, stavolta nel nuovo crime Chase, in cui reciterà al fianco del suo attuale boyfriend Amaury Nolasco (Fernando Sucre in “Prison Break”).

http://www.onetivu.it/10/09/2010/jennifer-...e-arriva-mamma/

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE

‘House’s Jennifer Morrison Nabs A ‘Mother’ Of A Role

by Matt Webb Mitovich

Is she… or isn’t she?

Frankly, I gave up long, long ago on suggesting/intimating/teasing that the latest Pretty Actress Of A Certain Age to land a role on CBS’ ‘How I Met Your Mother‘ will turn out to be the titular progenitor.

But damn if the evidence isn’t pointing to ‘House‘ alum Jennifer Morrison having been cast as, yes, that girl.

For one, Deadline.com says that Morrison’s ‘Mother’ run is set to last at least five and perhaps as many as 13 episodes.

Now add to that what exec producer Craig Thomas told EW.com about Morrison’s character.

A historical preservationist type who protests the destruction of an old hotel to make way for the GNB tower designed by one Ted Mosby, Zooey is “the biggest female character we’ve maybe ever added to the show in Ted’s life,” Thomas says. “This is… a huge arc… a big overarching story that will take Ted on a journey that we’re really excited about.”

Anvil alert!

So I ask you: Is she, or isn’t she? (Or did you lose interest in the yellow umbrella-toting mother a season or so ago?)

'HIMYM” premieres its sixth season on Monday, September 20, at 8/7c.

www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/...ther-of-a-role/

CITAZIONE

'How I Met Your Mother' casts Jennifer Morrison. Finally, a real love interest for Ted!

by Margaret Lyons

I am so ready for fall TV to be in full swing. Among my most anticipated returns? How I Met Your Mother. And now with news that Jennifer Morrison has a long-term arc on the show? Well, be still my heart. Anyone who could make the judge-y, uptight Cameron on House as lovable as Morrison made her can definitely win over Ted Mosby, architect.

Last season of HIMYM was a mixed bag, and one thing the show has had a hard time with as of late was making Ted the romantic hero we’ve longed for him to be. Early on, the show gave us reason to believe that Ted really would be a good husband and father — Victoria? Robin? These seemed like lucky ladies. But we haven’t seen enough of that side of Ted recently; his relationship with Stella and subsequent jilting never felt fully earned, and his flirtation with Rachel Bilson was more frustrating than anything else. I’m officially ready to root for Ted in a romantic capacity. Really, really ready.

What about you, PopWatchers? Do you think Morrison is up to the task? What do you hope happens this season on HIMYM

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/10/how-i-me...comment-1260855

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

@jenmorrisonlive: we're excited to have you on the show! Can't wait to meet you next week!!! :)
    http://twitter.com/himymprod

she'll be on the set next week

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

This is FANTASTIC NEWS !!!! I am so happy for JMO. No matter how many episodes she's in, it will be so grand to see her in a sit-com.

Thanks to everyone on this Forum for the good vibes/prayers that--I'm sure--made this come true. And many thanks to the savvy contributors who posted all of this valuable information. Briteen, I WILL send a post to that CBS official site, thanking the producers for making our dreams come true.
    :D

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

a little sample of HIMYM to prepare us for Jennifer Morrison apperance in this wonderful sit-com:

How I Met Your Mother - Premiere Sneak Peek

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aONLMOVUrOM

14. lovehousemd_frv
        +1   -1

User deleted

Really BIG thanks for the Sneak Peek!
    I just see him watching his back and i stop to breath and my heart start to beat crazy.I not know what i will do when i really see her as Zooey@HIMYM
    *writes at her notebook"i will faint@morning or night of 21st September.Must call Hospital before to start to watch HIMYM"*

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Per chi gradisce qualche spoiler sulla sesta stagione di HIMYM ... ovviamente sotto spoiler ... tanto per prendere il filo e il ritmo con quello che ci aspetta nei prossimi mesi:

SPOILER (click to view)
    How I Met Your Mother 6, primi spoiler. Torna Rachel Bilson (e Neil Patrick Harris potrebbe ritornare in Glee)
    pubblicato: giovedì 29 luglio 2010 da Paolino

How I Met Your MotherGiunto alla sesta stagione, “How I Met Your Mother” si è ormai guadagnato una fetta di pubblico fedele, curioso di sapere chi sarà la donna che Ted (Josh Radnor) sposerà nel futuro. Nei nuovi episodi, il mistero rimarrà, ma ci saranno importanti rivelazioni. A dirlo sono i creatori della serie, Carter Bays e Craig Thomas, che hanno anticipato qualche tema della nuova stagione.

Vedremo ancora, ovviamente, Alyson Hannigan (Lily), Jason Segel (Marshall), Cobie Smulders (Robin) e Neil Patrick Harris (Barney, candidato anche quest’anno agli Emmy come miglior attore non protagonista di una comedy). Proprio quest’ultimo è in lizza anche per comparire nella seconda stagione di “Glee” nei panni di Brian Ryan, nemesi di Will (Matthew Morrison) già vista nella prima stagione. Ryan Murphy ha detto che non c’è nulla di certo, ma il fatto che entrambi gli show siano prodotti dalla 20th Century Fox potrebbe aiutare.

Tornando alla sit-com, la premiere ci fornirà un interessante nuovo punto di vista sulla moglie di Ted, regalandoci qualche indizio su chi potrebbe essere, ma portandoci inevitabilmente anche verso una conclusione dello show. “Se HIMYM fosse una commedia in tre atti”, ha detto Carter, “la scorsa stagione sarebbe stata la fine del secondo atto, e quest’anno sarebbe l’inizio del terzo. Stiamo iniziando a portarci verso il finale della serie”. Dopo il salto, spoiler sulla sesta stagione.

Inoltre, rivedremo Marshall e Lily alle prese con i tentativi di avere un figlio. “Ci saranno scontri nel modo con cui faranno un bambino, ma non nel modo che vi immaginate”, ha ammesso Thomas.

I nuovi episodi torneranno ad essere un po’ come quelli delle prime stagioni, assicura Thomas:

“La quinta stagione è stata molto divertente; abbiamo realizzato alcuni tra i migliori episodi… Ma non c’è stato questo arco narrativo emozionale che c’era nelle altre stagioni. Abbiamo voluto rallentare la storia dopo aver raccontato la relazione tra Barney e Robin, quindi l’abbiamo riaperta nel mezzo della stagione e realizzato degli episodi a sè stanti. Non abbiamo fatto girare la palla in campo così come nelle scorse stagioni”.

E non mancheranno i grossi colpi di scena, che Thomas anticipa così:

“La sesta stagione sarà incredibilmente entusiasmante perchè ci sarà così tanto sangue e budella. Somiglierà molto di più alla prima o alla seconda stagione. Ai personaggi succederanno un sacco di cose…”

Alcune di queste, però, richiameranno al passato dei protagonisti. Ad esempio, Ted si ritroverà a lavorare per la Goliath National Bank, dove lavorano Barney e Marshall. “Avranno un po’ di soldi in più e decideranno di costruire ancora”, anticipa Thomas. Ted sarà chiamato per questo lavoro, ma dovrà decidere di abbattere un altro edificio storico di New York. Per questo, s’imbatterà in un’attivista che diventerà la sua nemesi, ma di cui Ted potrebbe innamorarsi.

Per quanto riguarda Barney, si tornerà a parlare di suo padre. “Finalmente lo incontrerà”, ha detto l’autore. “E’ illuso che sia Bob Barker (il conduttore della versione americana di “Ok, il prezzo è giusto”, ndr), ma degli indizi gli diranno che non è così. C’è un vero padre, e Barney lo cercherà. Potete immaginare le possibilità che abbiamo coi casting”. Si preannuncia qualche importante guest star?

Di Robin, invece, sapremo qualcosa di più della sua carriera canadese come cantante ed attrice adolescente. In un episodio “prequel”, infatti, vedremo una giovane Robin (sempre interpretata dalla Smulders) alle prese con uno show per ragazzi. A condurlo con lei, un ragazzo di nome Glitter. Il nome dello show sarà “Sparkles and Glitter” (letteralmente “scintille e sbrilluccichii”). I due autori stanno pensando a qualche grande nome da inserire, come Alanis Morrisette, che effettivamente aveva partecipato, nel 1986, ad un varietà canadese dal titolo “You Can’t Do That on Television”.

Così come per l’episodio musical dello scorso anno, inoltre, si sta pensando di realizzare una puntata speciale, questa volta interamente girata a Manhattan e Brooklyn.Vogliamo fare un episodio in stile ‘La corsa più pazza del mondo/Amazing race’ in cui i nostri personaggi correranno per tutta la città”, ha detto Thomas. “Sarebbe qualcosa che di solito non si fa nello show. Sembrerebbe più come un piccolo film fuori di testa, la cosa più divertente da fare”. A decidere se si farà o non l’episodio, la casa di produzione, con cui i due autori stanno contrattando.

Infine, le guest star. Tornerà il fratello di Barney, James, interpretato da Wayne Brady, così come Rachel Bilson, che abbiamo visto nel centesimo episodio della serie nei panni di Cindy, coinquilina della futura moglie di Ted.

http://www.tvblog.it/post/20908/how-i-met-...tornare-in-glee

485 replies since 10/9/2010, 01:46   22263 views