HIMYM - News, spoilers, general discussion

« Older   Newer »

1. pandora1308
        +1   -1

User deleted

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, maybe the writers are giving little hints like:

she's a big romantic....just like Ted.
    In "Desperation Day" she wore yellow and she said she likes the smell of rain (rain, yellow umbrella)

and in the last episode when Zoey and Ted talk...and he asks her if he stole her from the Captain and Zoey answered that sometimes things have to fall apart to make room for better things.
    Maybe that means that Ted will steal Nora from Barney and that act will cause Ted and Barney's friendship to fall apart but that it will have a happy end for all....

Maybe the wedding is not the first time he meets Nora but it's the moment he realizes who she is...aka the "room mate"

Yes, I've certainly thought about it a lot :lol:

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.19 - LEGENDADDY - Press Release

CITAZIONE

BARNEY FINALLY MEETS HIS DAD, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, MARCH 21

John Lithgow Guest Stars as Jerry, Barney's Dad, and Nancy Travis Guest Stars as Cheryl, Jerry's Wife

"Legendaddy" - When Barney finally meets his father, he's surprised to learn how his life turned out. Meanwhile, the gang points out each other's "gaps," something they should know by adulthood but never learned, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, March 21 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. John Lithgow guest stars as Jerry, Barney's dad, and Nancy Travis guest stars as Cheryl, Jerry's wife.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted.............................................. Josh Radnor

Marshall........................................ Jason Segel

Barney................................ Neil Patrick Harris

Lily........................................ Alyson Hannigan

Robin ..................................... Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST

Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget

GUEST CAST:

Jerry........................................... John Lithgow

Betty.......................................................... tbd

Scott..................................... Michael Rupnow

Cheryl......................................... Nancy Travis

J.J................................................ Will Shadley

WRITTEN BY: Dan Gregor and Doug Mand

DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

GENRE: COMEDY

source: CBS

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother' renewed for two seasons

how-i-met-your-mother_l.jpg Image Credit: Eric McCandless/CBSTwo and a Half Men may or may not be back in the fall. But CBS’ How I Met Your Mother ain’t going anywhere (unless, of course Neil Patrick Harris embraces his inner Harold and Kumar alter ego and starts tripping out on the Alex Jones radio show, which seems rather unlikely).

The network has just renewed the hit comedy for, not one, but two more seasons, which will continue to give CBS a great opening act on Monday nights (assuming the show isn’t shuffled to later spot in the lineup).

So the bad news: You’re probably not going to find out who the mother is until at least 2013.
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/04/how-i-me...mother-renewed/

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Appears Close to Leaving 'How I Met Your Mother'

It appears that Jennifer Morrison will leave "How I Met Your Mother" quite soon. In a recent episode, it had started to look like Morrison's character, Zoey Pierson, was very close to becoming a main character on the show. There were certain clues along the way that she might be stepping into the role of the "mother" that has been kept under wraps for a number of years. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that is going to happen after all.

The writers of "How I Met Your Mother" continued to tease viewers with the character of Zoey, making it seem like Ted was getting really serious about her. When they went through the steps of breaking up Zoey's marriage and then getting Ted's friends to try and get them together, it seemed like they were heading down a specific path. That path even included Ted and Zoey expressing that they were in love with each other, basically sealing the deal with what was to come. Or so we thought. That bubble was burst in the Feb. 21 episode called "Garbage Island."

The episode was ending on an innocent note when narrator Bob Saget suddenly announced that Zoey wasn't the mother of the kids to whom he was telling this story. It was a bit of a shock, because it had seemed for so long that Morrison was about to become a permanent fixture on the show. Instead it seems that doom is on the horizon for Ted and Zoey, and that this will turn out to be just another relationship in his seemingly never-ending quest to find the perfect woman.

The tragedy here is that Morrison has been so likable on the show. She was great on "House" for so many years, and the step into this comedic role might have seemed questionable at first, but she has come to own the role. Now it seems as though some sad times are ahead for the show if she leaves, as Ted will once again have his heart broken. It is starting to become a trend for the writers to get him seriously invested in a woman, only to have his heart ripped out once again. Maybe it's time for them to finally stop with the tricks and let the character be happy for a change.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/ustv.asso...met-your-mother

5. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

nice words about Jennifer !

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

EXCLUSIVE: Will 'How I Met Your Mother' End in 2013? Co-Creator Carter Bays Tells All

by Maureen Ryan, posted Mar 10th 2011 6:15PM

'How I Met Your Mother' has always enjoyed paying homage to 'Lost.'

Since the comedy began in 2006, it has, like the ABC island drama, used season-long arcs and structurally ambitious episodes to tell its story, and this season creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays even cast 'Lost' alumni Jorge Garcia in a prominent guest role.

So when the news broke this week that 'HIMYM' had been renewed for not one but two additional seasons, I had to ask: Are the producers going to pull a 'Lost' and set an end date for the show now?

In the interview below, executive producer Bays talked about whether he and Thomas have set an end date, he addressed whether they'll stay with the show beyond the current sixth season, and he talked about whether the show's cast has been locked in for the seventh and eighth seasons as well. He discussed where all the characters are going, and how the mother of the title fits in.

We got used to 'Lost' executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse saying they had a plan for the show's endgame, and for some time now, it's Bays and Carter's turn to say that too. But Bays added that they're not going to necessarily unleash that endgame in the upcoming seventh and eighth seasons. The show could go beyond that, Bays said, and if it does, he and Thomas are sticking with it as day-to-day showrunners.

Below is a transcript of our Thursday conversation. It has been edited and slightly condensed. There are a couple of small spoilers but you'll get warnings before you come across them.

Maureen Ryan: You guys are obviously huge fans of 'Lost.' Are you going to set an end date for your show?

Carter Bays: We knew this question was coming. We're not, no. We [understand] the reasons 'Lost' did it and certainly it made sense for them. Right now we're contracted to go through season 8, and at that point, there is every chance that that's the end of 'How I Met Your Mother.' If that's the case, then that's our end point. But we are open to doing this as long as we feel we have stories to tell, and, of equal importance, as long as people want to watch it. If it still feels exciting going into a season 9, then we'll keep doing it.

Would you and Craig still be the showrunners and actively working on this show day-to-day as long as it's in existence? Or could it conceivably go on without you at some point?

I can't imagine handing off this show to anybody. I think that goes for Craig too. This show is our baby, it's the thing that we've turned down other work to keep doing. I think the one thing we wouldn't do is ease up on it creatively. If we did a ninth season or a tenth season, it would be because Craig and I have a story to tell and we're really invested and still want to do it.

And it would be you guys doing it? Sometimes a show will continue and the creator will still be in the mix but not actively in charge of the show from day to day. But you perceive being hands-on as long as the show is in existence?

Yeah, very much so. I think this is something that our agent probably doesn't want us to say, but yeah, we are more than happy with our single thing that we focus on. There's plenty of work and I think we are still, even six years in, in the honeymoon phase with this show. We can't imagine creating another vessel into which we can pour our creativity that would fit us as perfectly. It's the show we want to write.

We shot a pilot last year and we've talked about developing again, but for the time being, this show's our baby and this is our calling right now.

Is the cast also locked in for seasons 7 and 8?

Yeah. All the actors are booked through season 8. Everyone has a lot going on. It's been cool this past year seeing Josh [Radnor's] movie, and Coby [Smulders] got cast in the 'Avengers' movies. It's very exciting. That will complicate it even more when we do reach that crossroads at the end of season 8, but at the same time, it's not PR [spin] to say that everyone loves it here. We have a lot of fun on the set. There's a huge feeling of gratitude on this show. When you have that, it's hard to imagine letting go of that.

Well, Neil Patrick Harris is so busy doing... everything in the world, that I thought you might want to have Charlie Sheen come by and mix it up on your show.

[laughter] I will just say, the news events of the past month have made me so happy to work with the five actors I work with and to enjoy working with them as much as I do.

Let's say at the end of season 8, you were going to lose an actor or two. When you think about that scenario in your mind, would losing cast members upset the balance of the show too much?

Yes, it would be very hard to do this show with just four of them or just three of them. That's a decision we luckily don't have to make yet and if we did, that would be a difficult one. I think we would probably try to accommodate a reduced schedule for whatever actor didn't want to return. But luckily that decision is still a ways off.

Was it a surprise that they wanted to lock the show down for two more seasons?

Not that we ever take any of this for granted, because it's so awesome to have this opportunity, but 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Two and a Half Men' both got two-season pickups, so there was a little element of "It'd be nice if we got that." And we did. I think everybody's happy with how the deal shook out and it's a great working relationship we have with the studio and the network. In this business, everything is being shaken up all the time, so to have a modicum of stability -- we're just over the moon to keep getting to do this.

So I have to ask you about the whole mother thing.

'The Whole Mother Thing.' That will be the title of my memoirs.

I know I've asked you this before and so have many other people, so sorry to be repetitive, but would you ever just introduce her and have her be part of the mix for a season or two? Or do you not want to lock yourself into that?

Theoretically, we're open to everything. We do have a story blocked out that we want to tell, and I can't say whether it involves meeting her or not, but it's a question that I still continue to not be able to answer. As much as people may complain about it on Twitter or whatever, that's the show. [The reaction] is interesting. I get it, and I understand why people go to the reaction, 'Just show us the mother already!' I take a little bit of enjoyment in, like, we have this little piece of information -- in this day and age where every bit of information is available to everyone all the time, it's kind of nice that there's this one thing about our show that you just don't know. Not that we want to torment anyone with it, but it does feel like there's a lot more to the show than this one question.

I agree, but I just think, at times, it threatens to become a distraction. I do think the show is so solid that I'd almost rather not have this lingering piece of the mythology hanging out there.

Yeah, I know, I know. We made our devil's bargain by calling the show 'How I Met Your Mother.'

[The next paragraph contains plot information about the movie 'The Godfather']. I watched 'The Godfather' recently, and it made me think, if they had called 'The Godfather' 'How Michael Killed His Brother,' you'd hate the whole movie until the end of the second one.

But yeah, it makes people not want to enjoy the journey as much as if it were 'The Ted Show.'

I think part of it is, you show things like that wedding at the start of the season, you put these markers in the show, big clues about when Ted might meet the mother. I think what happens is, people want to see if that leads to anything substantial.

Yeah.

So what can you say about that in terms of this season or beyond?

It's not up to us to say how well we're [revealing] it, but we have all the information. We're not dropping hints that we don't know [the answer to]. With something like the goat, we don't know [what the entire story is there] and that's just a fun writer's game for us because we have to figure out how to do a goat story.

The bigger stuff --the how and the where and the when of [the mother] -- we know all that. We don't have the exact time frame, we know that it's probably two years, maybe three years, maybe four years. It's somewhere in that ballpark, so we do need to figure out how quickly or slowly we reveal the information that needs to be revealed and how quickly we have the dominos fall that lead you to that event.

So there's a template for that, but you are looking for a place to slot it in?

It's not even speaking about the mother, per se, but how the series ends. There are elements to it that don't have to do with the mother, and in that sense, it's a matter of pacing yourself and figuring out how long it take you to get there and not making it boring along the way. Luckily I think we have a story crafted for these next two seasons that has a lot of twists and turns and hopefully is a real journey for all the characters, not just Ted.

Is it reassuring to know you don't have to sweat out the next couple of renewals and you have at least that time frame to plan things out?

Yes, absolutely. That's really exciting. Every year we look at the big empty whiteboard and break it into 24 little boxes. Now it's 48 little boxes. We can have much more of a macro view. We've always done that in the past, but it's maybe been foolish naivete, planning that far ahead with a sitcom in this day and age.

Last summer, you and Craig said that this season there'd be a lot more emotionally grounded stuff, and I think that's definitely happening, kind of more with Marshall and Lily and Barney. That was by design, I presume.

Yeah. Certain characters emerge and recede in the series. There have been stretches where we weren't giving Marshall much, we'll totally cop to that. There were a number of reasons we did this story line, but one was, 'We've got this movie star Jason Segel, let's give him some acting challenges' and it's been exciting to see him do it.

Marshall has definitely been a star this season, and Barney, and there's more interesting stuff for Barney coming up as well. Looking forward, there's going to be a lot of Robin next season. A number of exciting things are going to happen in the finale that will set the tone for season 7 and pretty much define the story of season 7.

So the finale will once again have a big impact on the story lines?

Yeah, definitely, on a number of fronts. We're starting to break the first episode of season 7 and there are a lot of threads to pick up.

Speaking of Barney, everyone loves the inappropriate man-child, but Neil is so great at playing the emotional moments as well. Do you want to have him grow to the point that he could be in a committed relationship again?

Yeah. There were reasons we took him out of that relationship with Robin but one of them was not that Barney's not funny in relationships. It'll still be Barney. And just like there are only so many times Barney can dress up in a scuba suit to pick up a girl, in real life, there's only so many times we can do that on the show before eventually it's like, we've done that, it's time for something new.

[The next sentence contains mild spoilers for the next episode of 'HIMYM,' which airs March 21.] I don't think it's a secret that John Lithgow plays Barney's dad. [The episode] is going to be a real excavation of who Barney is and why he's the way he is.

It's going to be kind of like a big therapy session for Barney, in a really good way, that I think will kind of leave him different and kind of a better guy. There will be a new journey for Barney once this is done.

So the last five episodes will ramp up the stories you've been telling this season?

Yeah. Everything that's sort of been simmering for the last 19 episodes is going to come to a boil in the last five.

Ted and Zoe, that comes to a boil?

I don't want to give away spoilers but there's some pretty clear conflict there that will get resolved between them.

Fun bonus fact: Maybe fun isn't the right word, and maybe this is something you already knew, but Bays and I got to talking about 'Bad News,' the episode in which Marshall found out his father died. Bays mentioned that Jason Segel's reaction was shot in one take, and Segel improvised the line "I'm not ready for this."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/03/10/whats-ne...r-mother-HIMYM/

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

From HIMYM Production

CITAZIONE
    himymprod
    Great Monday morning Table Read with @John_Lithgow & @jenmorrisonlive!! Re-run tonight (sad) but only a week until a brand-new #HIMYM!
    4 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/himymprod/status/47353504016240640

8. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

so she's not in the final episode....or they don't shoot the episodes in order (she's in Vancouver next week).... or she has one more episode :D

9. chandlerbing
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dipende da che ep stanno girando adesso.... se ho ben capito jen sara' a vancouver dal 21 marzo all'8 aprile.... quindi se girano il season finale dopo quella data lei potrebbe esserci......

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

himymprod
    This week's episode is #622 - which means we only have two left to shoot after this! Our last day of production is April 1st.
    http://twitter.com/himymprod/status/47370993785782273

well she's not in the final :(
    her last episode is the #22

11. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (aurore @ 14/3/2011, 14:03) 
    well she's not in the final :(
    her last episode is the #22

Are you saying this because she will be in Vancouver the next 3 weeks? I guess it's possible that she shot some things ahead of time??? It also sounds like some things could have changed since she was originally hired...for example, I think her number of episodes changed too.

12. chandlerbing
        +1   -1

User deleted

peccato!!! pero' fa niente, in fondo mi sembra evidente che se jen ha firmato per il pilot di un nuovo show i produttori di HIMYM le hanno gia detto che lei non sarebbe comunque stata nella prossima stagione per cui.... speriamo almeno che le diano un bel finale....e poi un grazie ai produttori di HIMYM....

13. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

yes !
    himymprod said they shoot the episode 22 this week and after Jen is in Vancouver for 3 week
    so unless she shot some things ahead of time (like you said) it's impossible that she's in the final

sorry Chandlerbing I don't know a single word in italian :unsure:

14. chandlerbing
        +1   -1

User deleted

purtroppo io non parlo inglese... non e' che qualche anima pia potrebbe tradurre quello che ho scritto???

15. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Will How I Met Your Mother End in Two Years? Our Burning Questions Answered

In 2007, ABC gave Lost a multiyear pick-up and set an end date for the series. Last week, CBS renewed How I Met Your Mother for two years, but made no mention of a series finale for the mystery-laden sitcom.

How I Met Your Mother gets two more seasons

The order is not surprising: Mother is a solid hit, the cast was already contracted through eight seasons, and Carter Bays told TVGuide.com in the fall that he and co-creator/executive producer Craig Thomas had plotted out the rest of the series beyond its current Season 6. But now that the pick-up is official, will the next two seasons also be its last two?

Bays answers our burning questions about the show's future, why he doesn't feel pressure to introduce Mrs. Ted Mosby, and what's in store for the rest of the season.

Let me get this out of the way: When will we meet the mother?
    Carter Bays: [Laughs] Where is she?! I'm the worst. We can't really reveal anything just because we don't want to give the mystery away until it's time. If the next two years are our last two, then it will be some time in those 48 episodes.

Since you have a roadmap, will we meet her and see her and Ted (Josh Radnor) date, or will we meet her and it's cut to black?
    Bays: I can't say because that would be a huge spoiler. You can't please everyone, but I hope fans will like our story. We're not going to try to leave people unsatisfied. I appreciate people's antsyness. If I were a viewer, I'd probably be right there with them. I wouldn't say we feel pressure. This is one of those stories that just takes a long time to tell and is hopefully a lot of fun along the way. We have a road map of how we're going to reveal this and we're trying to stick to the plan.

Does that plan fit perfectly within a two-year time frame?
    Bays: Because we had the actors signed for eight seasons and because eight seasons of a sitcom seems like a great length, if it ends up being eight, that's terrific. We have a plan that ends the series in May 2013. Within that, there's some flexibility. If we find ourselves in a situation where we have more stories to tell and we still love it — no one is feeling like, ugh, enough of this job — we could expand the story beyond where we originally planned to end it if we're lucky enough to have a ninth season. If we have a 10th season, the kids will be born. [Laughs] It'll loop over.

Watch clips of How I Met Your Mother

How early would you need to know about a ninth season?
    Bays: Pretty early. It's not like we have 48 locked scripts, but still. And certainly no one has had a conversation about this yet because we just got this pick-up and we're enjoying that, but I definitely feel like we need some time. It'll be nice to know when we're going into the last season, but right now, there is no hard end date. We have an endgame, but no end date. A year from now, maybe, we'll start having that conversation.

Since Zoey (Jennifer Morrison) isn't the mother, what role does she play in Ted meeting her?
    Bays: That's going to unfold with the last five or six episodes. There are going to be some big resolutions to some of the stories we've been telling over the season. There's a conflict and we will see why she's not with him 10 years from now.

Will we see Rachel Bilson again this season?
    Bays: No, not this season. I think we can officially say that.

There is a lot of speculation that Nora (Nazanin Boniadi) is the mother.
    Bays: I saw that. I try to let the Internet police itself and let the logic police come in to explain why she is and isn't. She has a very strong point of view where she wants marriage and children as soon as possible. That puts her right in the Ted Mosby strike zone. That's not a story for right now, but I can see why people would see that.

The fake-out of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) not going into the restaurant to get her back was brutal.
    Bays: I know! ... He's not there yet. That's his story this season: Can he ever get there? The thing that set Nora off in his mind was her wanting kids and him grappling with, "Could I ever be a father?" He's great with kids in a position of no responsibility. Having come from an environment where his dad was the worst father of all time, it's a big deal. ... That ties in with him meeting his dad [played by John Lithgow in next week's episode].

Check out photos from How I Met Your Mother

When will Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) have a baby?
    Bays: That's sort of off the table for now. The baby was something they wanted before [his dad died]. Now it's about becoming the person he wants to be [an environmental lawyer]. It's him realizing that life is short and that he's not the guy he promised his dad he'd become. ... We're going to see him make good on his talk. A baby would affect this group as it would a group in real life, which is no more bar. It lowers the chance of crazy adventures, which is our bread and butter. That's why we've put it off for as long as we have.

I'm glad Robin (Cobie Smulders) finally got a job that isn't ridiculous. Is there anything on the romance front?
    Bays: It was nice seeing her grow up that way. There's something we might be teasing in the last five [episodes] that might lead to something much bigger in Season 7. Possibly a long-term relationship. She's due. She had her thing with Don awhile ago, but I think there'll be a big love story for her coming up.

The season finale goes back to the wedding in the premiere and it's raining. Will the yellow umbrella make a reappearance?
    Bays: I cannot confirm or deny. [Laughs] I can't say whose wedding it is, but ... it explains why everything you saw in Episode 1 and Episode 24 leads up to that moment at the wedding. ... We're going to find something out about that wedding that motions the events of Season 7 and explains how Ted ends up meeting the mother. The cliffhanger is a pretty big one. There is a framing device in Season 7 in the same way the wedding [was the one for Season 6].

www.tvguide.com/News/HIMYM-Carter-Bays-1030652.aspx

485 replies since 10/9/2010, 01:46   22264 views