HIMYM - News, spoilers, general discussion

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Will It Be Two Years Before We Learn 'How I Met Your Mother'?
    By Kim Daugherty

Millions of fans tune in to watch "How I Met Your Mother" each week not just for some of the best prime time comedy on TV today but also to truly learn just how Ted (Josh Radnor) met his children's mother and also who their mysterious mother is. Every few episodes, the narrator (Bob Saget) chimes in to tell us that the last few hints have just been fun stories that did nothing more than taunt us with the possibility that the woman Ted was interested in at the time was actually their mother. In actuality, though, that woman was not their mother after all.

Now, currently Ted is dating the beautiful Zoey (Jennifer Morrison), and there was some hope that Zoey would turn out to be Ted's future wife and the mother of his kids. However, even this hope was squashed in a recent episode where the narrator stated that he and Zoey did break up and their relationship did not end well at all.

So now that it has been revealed that Zoey is not the mother of Ted's future children, fans are now still scouring scene after scene in search of clues that will tell us just who this mysterious future love of Ted's life is. This unique twist to the show's format certainly adds a unique flair to the show that other prime time comedies just don't have, and this may be one of the reasons why the show is so immensely popular.

"How I Met Your Mother" has, in fact, been nominated for numerous People's Choice, Teen Choice, Emmy, and Golden Globe Awards since its first season, and this includes a most recent win in the People's Choice Awards (Neil Patrick Harris for the 2010 Favorite TV Comedy Actor). The show's popularity with the fans along with its numerous nominations and wins in various award shows over the years made it obvious that the show would be renewed for a seventh season. However, CBS went one step further and renewed the show not just for a seventh season but also for an eighth season, too!

So while fans have much to be happy about, this does likely mean that it will be two seasons before we learn the identity of Ted's future wife and the mother of his children. Some of the show's writers and producers have hinted that the future mom may eventually be introduced as a recurring character, but with two full seasons (at least) still in the works for this show, these comments by the writers and producers may have just been hooks to keep us on the line.

Tune in to "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS on Mondays at 8pm ET.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/ustv.asso...met-your-mother

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother Mystery Deepens: Is Robin Marrying A Cylon?

That noise you hear is the sound of How I Met Your Mother‘s marital mystery plot thickening.

A spokesperson for the CBS comedy confirms that ex-Battlestar Galactica toaster Michael Trucco will guest star in the April 18 episode as Robin’s longtime crush.

The news, first reported by TV Guide magazine, adds another possible couple combination to the sitcom’s season-long wedding conundrum — or does it? As of now, Trucco isn’t slated to appear in any additional episodes beyond the one on April 18 — and that includes the May 16 season finale when the bride and groom are slated to be unmasked.

Casting further doubt on the Robin/Crush knot-tying argument is the fact that Trucco is currently a series regular on the USA drama Fairly Legal.

A much likelier scenario — next to the ever-popular Robin/Barney theory, natch — has Barney walking down the aisle with new crush Nora. Unlike Trucco, Nazanin Boniadi is slated to appear in the May 16 finale.

Which duo do you think HIMYM will marry off at season’s end? Cast your vote in the comments section below!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/how-i-met-yo...trucco-wedding/

3. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother': The women in Ted's journey

Zoey (Jennifer Morrison)
    (Monty Brinton / CBS)

"Zoey and Ted are a highly flammable couple. They're poised on opposite sides of a huge issue. Not the sturdiest foundation on which to build a relationship – half-assed architecture pun most definitely intended! – but hey, since when was love logical? Their enmity on the issue of the new GNB Tower versus the Arcadian will definitely continue to complicate their relationship as Season 6 progresses. We went out on a limb and told the audience through our narrator that this relationship will end badly. You could argue that knowing that kills the suspense. But it also whets one's appetite to see a truly grand train wreck of an ending. If you're a fan of horrible breakups – and really who isn't?! – stay tuned!"

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...82.photogallery

not cool.........

4. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (aurore @ 28/3/2011, 22:25) 

'How I Met Your Mother': The women in Ted's journey

Zoey (Jennifer Morrison)
    (Monty Brinton / CBS)

"Zoey and Ted are a highly flammable couple. They're poised on opposite sides of a huge issue. Not the sturdiest foundation on which to build a relationship – half-assed architecture pun most definitely intended! – but hey, since when was love logical? Their enmity on the issue of the new GNB Tower versus the Arcadian will definitely continue to complicate their relationship as Season 6 progresses. We went out on a limb and told the audience through our narrator that this relationship will end badly. You could argue that knowing that kills the suspense. But it also whets one's appetite to see a truly grand train wreck of an ending. If you're a fan of horrible breakups – and really who isn't?! – stay tuned!"

www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...82.photogallery

not cool.........

Exactly put, aurore, this is very not cool! This Monty Brinton person seems to discredit anyone who thinks differently about horrible breakups. :angry:

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.21 - Hopeles - Press Release

CITAZIONE

BARNEY TRIES TO BOND WITH HIS FATHER, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, APRIL 18

John Lithgow Returns as Barney's Father, Jerry

"Hopeless" - When Barney tries to bond with his father, he asks the gang to help make his life seem more exciting by lying about their own lives. Meanwhile, Robin runs into a guy she has a crush on, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, April 18 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. John Lithgow returns as Barney's father, Jerry.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted.............................................. Josh Radnor

Marshall........................................ Jason Segel

Barney................................ Neil Patrick Harris

Lily........................................ Alyson Hannigan

Robin ..................................... Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST:

Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget

Zoey..................................... Jennifer Morrison

GUEST CAST:

Jerry........................................... John Lithgow

Young Barney................ Riley Thomas Stewart

Penny........................................ Cristina Rosas

Crush...................................... Michael Trucco

Mindy.......................................... Kelly Curran

Mrs. Perkins...................................... Jill Basey

J.J................................................ Will Shadley

WRITTEN BY: Chris Harris

DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

source: CBS

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

@jenmorrisonlive
    My last day on HIMYM! I'm so sad! I love it here! I'm going to miss everyone so much!
    http://twitter.com/jenmorrisonlive/status/53857558624075776

so sweet !!

@jenmorrisonlive
    @fmkarim I was only contracted for one season. These things aren't my choice. Zoey was always only going to be in ted's life for one season.
    http://twitter.com/jenmorrisonlive/status/53874798887059456

she's in the finale :D
    someone knows if she's in the 6x22?

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

the number 22 is "the perfect cocktail" ... so she is also in the season finale! yeahhhhh

CITAZIONE
    MARSHALL AND BARNEY ARGUE OVER THE DESTRUCTION OF THE ARCADIAN HOTEL, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, MAY 2

"The Perfect Cocktail" - When Marshall and Barney argue over the destruction of the Arcadian Hotel, Robin and Lily try to mix the right combination of cocktails that will force them to make up. Meanwhile, Ted plans a romantic weekend away with Zoey, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, May 2 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted.............................................. Josh Radnor

Marshall........................................ Jason Segel

Barney................................ Neil Patrick Harris

Lily........................................ Alyson Hannigan

Robin ..................................... Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST

Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget

Zoey..................................... Jennifer Morrison

Arthur....................................... Bob Odenkirk

GUEST CAST:

Ben......................................... Thomas Fowler

Kristen............................... Katierose Donohue

Kent................................................ Jeff Braine

Carl................................................ Joe Nieves

Beat Boxer............................ Chase Stockman

Beth................................... Elizabeth J. Carlisle

WRITTEN BY: Joe Kelly

DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

source: CBS

8. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

sorry I meant in the 6x23 but she can't be in that one since she was in Vancouver
    so 4 more episodes with her !
    that's great :D

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ohh! it's difficult she is also in that episode. She is in 12 episodes, 2 more that what she wrote us.

All the dates and times of the upcoming How i met your mother episodes of season 6.

CITAZIONE
    11 April – Episode 6.20 The Exploding Meatball Sub (episode with Jennifer Morrison)
    18 April – Episode 6.21 Hopeless (episode with Jennifer Morrison)
    2 May – Episode 6.22 The Perfect Cocktail (episode with Jennifer Morrison)
    9 May – Episode 6.23 Landsmarks
    16 May – Episode 6.24 Challenge Accep-ted – Season Finale (episode with Jennifer Morrison)

www.how-i-met-your-mother.nl/

10. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

So it looks like Ted and Zoey might not break up until the finale, unless they do so after their romantic getaway the episode before. I'm excited she'll be in so many more episodes, but WOW she is busy! I know she is ready for a break once all this filming is complete.

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

I think Ted and Zoey will break up in the episode 22, while in the last episode they will show us how they are ten years later and what it was wrong between them ... it's just my speculation ;)

Edited by Aleki77 - 2/4/2011, 02:22

12. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 1/4/2011, 19:52) 
    I think Ted and Zoey will break up in the episode 22, while in the last episode they will show us how they are ten years later and what it was wrong between them ... it's just my speculations ;)

Ohhh I like that idea! There's also going to be that wedding in the finale. I wonder how that will play into the Ted/Zoey storyline.

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Aleki77
    @jenmorrisonlive you'll be in the season finale of #HIMYM, right? You said you'd been in 10 episodes, but I've counted 12. Am I wrong?
    13 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/Aleki77/status/54034067586424832

CITAZIONE
    @jenmorrisonlive
    @Aleki77 yes I ended up in more than my contract. Its either 12 or 13 total and I am in the season finale!
    2 minutes ago via ÜberSocial

http://twitter.com/#!/jenmorrisonlive/...036559778947073

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother 6x20 promo 'The Exploding Meatball Sub"

Monday :rolleyes:

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

OMG!!! Jennifer is amazing! Can't wait to see this episode!
    Thanks Aurore

485 replies since 10/9/2010, 01:46   22264 views