HIMYM - S06e05 - Architect of Destruction on air 2010, Oct. 18

Discussion post mortem - recaps - reviews - clips - caps Photobucket

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother Press Release: S06e05 - Architect of Destruction

CITAZIONE

TED FALLS FOR A GIRL WHO IS PASSIONATE ABOUT SAVING A LANDMARK BUILDING THAT IS BEING TORN DOWN TO MAKE ROOM FOR HIS NEW DREAM PROJECT, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, OCT. 18

Jennifer Morrison ("House") Guest Stars as Zoey

"Architect of Destruction" - Ted becomes conflicted about pursuing his dream job of designing the new GNB headquarters after meeting a hot girl who's passionate about saving the landmark building that is being torn down to make room for it, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Oct. 18 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Jennifer Morrison ("House") guest stars as Zoey.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted.............................................. Josh Radnor

Marshall........................................ Jason Segel

Barney................................ Neil Patrick Harris

Lily........................................ Alyson Hannigan

Robin ..................................... Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST

Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget

Max.............................................. Geoff Stults

Wendy.................................... Charlene Amoia

GUEST CAST:

Zoey..................................... Jennifer Morrison

Drag Queen................................................ tbd

Trish................................ Jessica Blair Herman

Stoner Guy................................................. tbd

WRITTEN BY: Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, co-creators and executive producers

DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

GENRE: COMEDY

source: CBS

Promotional Still - Promo #1 - Sneak Peek #1 - Sneak Peek #2

How I Met Yout Mother - S06e05 - Architect of Destruction - Clip with Jennifer Morrison

1 of 4

www.megavideo.com/?v=95MSFPRQ

2 of 4

www.megavideo.com/?v=GC3CYYQ7

Edited by Aleki77 - 24/10/2010, 15:17

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

3of 4

www.megavideo.com/?v=LS8MCPR2

4 of 4

www.megavideo.com/?v=RICCIMQB

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Starts her Stint on HIMYM as Ted’s...Love Interest?

October 19, 2010 01:00 AM EDT (Updated: October 19, 2010 01:01 AM EDT)

Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) has a problem. He tends to change his personality when he meets a new girl. He’s been an adrenaline junkie, Reenactment Civil war hero, and wizard, all just to impress really hot women. Yet, Ted claims this time is different. He says he really agrees with Zoey, played by Jennifer Morrison, in “How I Met Your Mother” season six episode five, Architect of Destruction.

Ted doesn’t think the Arcadian building should be knocked down for the new GNB building he’s designing. And neither does Zoey. It really came as no surprise that Ted immediately fell for her, not accounting for the fact that Jennifer Morrison’s recurring guest role has been talked about for weeks.

Zoey is a total architecture nerd, not to mention a bit crazy, even by HIMYM standards. She pursues justice - including saving rabbits from a lab - with more zeal than anyone. Ted falls so hard and fast that he tells Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) he’s off the GNB project, despite Barney’s legen - wait for it - dary interoffice memo.

Barney wants to protect Ted from making a mistake, even after losing the argument that “new is always better.” 30-year old scotch compared to Jimbo Jim’s Scotch? Barney regretfully accepted that “How I Met Your Mother” challenge.

When Barney realizes that snakes in the Arcadian won’t dissuade Ted from his new stance, Barney takes a new tactic. He posts a billboard on the Arcadian proclaiming: Coming soon from architectural wizard Ted Mosby, complete with a photo of Ted wearing a magician’s hat.

Ted still manages to prove his loyalty to Zoey’s cause while retaining his GNB job: he redesigns the building to incorporate the Arcadian facade into the new headquarters. But there’s one slight problem... Zoey is married. Finally Ted realizes, his new ‘cause’ was really about the girl.

Meanwhile, with the rest of the gang, Marshall (Jason Segel) learns a little too much about his friend Max (Geoff Stults). It turns out Robin (Cobie Smulders) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) like to have lots of salty sailor talk about man parts. They liken it to guy’s locker talk, which is apparently a totally false assumption.

None of the boys want to know that Max, who Robin is now dating, has a small penis, least of all Marshall. Even worse, Marshall now imagines Lily and Robin critiquing his every move in bed while they sip cosmos and giggle.

The ending to this storyline wasn’t surprising. While Lily is on the phone with Robin, Marshall gives her a script to use, which Robin sees right through, but Marshall doesn’t need to know that. He’s now a ‘complete stud,’ he thinks, in Robin’s eyes.

But the HIMYM Architect of Destruction storyline that really mattered here was Ted’s. It didn’t end in the usual “How I Met Your Mother” fashion. Just as Future Ted (Bob Saget) muses about whether or not 2010 Ted will ever see Zoey again, his apartment gets egged. Zoey has brought the protesters to his apartment, and they won’t leave until he comes out.

Is this a relationship that will be born out of hate? This is a first in the land of Ted and HIMYM: a love storyline that isn’t simply boy meets girl and falls in love. It was more: boy meets girl and realizes what an idiot he was to fall for her without checking her ring finger. Hopefully “How I Met Your Mother” will keep viewers on their toes, and this relationship won’t happen overnight, even after six seasons of wanting to know who the Mother is.

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticl...281474978613847

4. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother - 'Architect of Destruction' Podcast

Executive Producer Stephen Lloyd and Co-Producer Robia Rashid talk about the behind-the-scenes of 'Architect of Destruction.' How I Met Your Mother airs Mondays at 8/7c only on CBS!

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother' recap: Newer, bigger, better

October 18, 2010 | 10:58 pm

Is new always better, as Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) likes to believe? That was the topic of debate on tonight's episode, in which Ted (Josh Radnor) discovered that The Arcadian was going to be torn down for his new GNB building. The historic hotel was once home to kings and queens, but now it's just home to drag queens, who seem to like Ted. Despite its decrepitude -– and the possibility that the building is infested with snakes, which GNB used to get the residents out -– Zoey (Jennifer Morrison), a little bit “crazy for a good cause” activist Ted meets, is desperate to save the building. And Ted wants to help. It has nothing to do with the fact that Zoey is a hot architecture nerd. Right.

Barney and the gang argue that by not revealing himself as the “Architect of Destruction” and trying to convince GNB to move the construction site, Ted is changing himself for Zoey. Like the time he pretended to be an adrenaline junkie because his date was one, or the time he dressed up as a wizard because “she was really hot." Ted rightfully counters that we all change a little bit for the person we like. Ted goes to join Zoey's protest, but a billboard of “architectual wizard” Ted Mosby outs him as an employee of GNB. To make things right, he presents a new design plan to Zoey that will incorporate the Arcadian's facade into the new GNB building. It's all looking very positive until Ted notices a ring on her finger. In a classic “How I Met Your Mother” twist, it turns out Zoey is married. Maybe she shouldn't have been spending time alone with a random guy in the middle of the night. Just a thought.
    Now that smitten Ted knows the truth, he admits to himself that it is about Zoey, not the building, and tells her it's basically over for The Arcadian. You had to feel for Ted in that moment. Finally, he had met someone who seemed to be his perfect match. Beautiful, smart, passionate, geeky about architecture. Radnor and Morrison made a charming pair, and I'm pretty sure Morrison's smile can be used to light the new building. I also appreciated that Zoey wasn't played by some twentysomething, hot girl of the moment. The beauty of a pairing like Morrison and Radnor is that they look like they belong together and could start a life together. But since Zoey is married, a life together seems to be up in the air. She seems far from out of Ted's life –- she later egged his window -– so will they have more of a love/hate relationship? Will Ted persue her despite the husband or will he pine from the sidelines? Is Zoey lying about being married? I have no idea, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this relationship goes.

The other topic of debate in the episode centered around the question of, “Is bigger better?” Robin (Cobie Smulders) is hitting it off with Marshall's (Jason Segel) friend Max (Geoff Stults). They both love hockey, but Max has a small you-know-what. Marshall is horrified to hear this, as are Ted and Barney, and can't get the thought out of his head. “Max's penis is stuck in my brain like a splinter. Like a splinter-size splinter,” he bemoans. The guys can't believe Lily (Alyson Hannigan) and Robin talk about sex in such detail. Apparently, locker room sex talk is a myth and “Sex and the City” doesn't exist in the show's universe. Marshall is so traumatized, he can't stop overcompensating on Max's behalf during a hilarious, somewhat risque for 8 p.m. double date. When the talk turns to Max's small law firm, including its “small staff,” Marshall comes to his not-so-subtle defense. “I bet it's bigger than he thinks. And thick,” he says. He even pays for the meal because he just wants Max to be happy.

The trauma carries over to the bedroom, where Marshall can't stop imagining Lily and Robin sitting in the corner of the room critiquing his “performance.” With cosmos in hand and pithy, harsh truths, Lily and Robin seemed like lost cast members from “Sex and the City.” But it wasn't Max who should have been worried. In the locker room, he tells the guys he's going to have to break up with Robin because there's some weird thing she likes to do in the bedroom. After a pause, Barney and Ted agree that it's not for everyone. Well, this episode certainly raised a lot of questions about the characters' sex lives. Robin also revealed that one of the guys resembles Winston Churchill down there. Judging by Ted's surprised look, I'm thinking it's Barney.

Readers, what did you think of Morrison's debut as Zoey and her chemistry with Radnor? Were you surprised and/or disappointed that she's married? Did the Marshall/Lily/Robin/Max plot feel like the “HIMYM” of yesteryear (in a good way)? I thought so, although in the past, I think the show would have used an euphemism like it did with "eating sandwiches." Did you find the subplot too racy or was it just true to how real friends would talk?

-- Vlada Gelman (follow my TV musings on Twitter at @stayingin)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...ger-better.html

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

rotfl! I watched again the episde with the english sub ... and LOL :haha:
    Barney says that Zoey is a screwball, but, at the same time, he is also ask how are the boobs of Zoey:

CITAZIONE
    Barney: Cuckoo! Ted, this woman is an anarchist, a sociopath, a lunatic, and for the love of God, boobs?!
    Ted: Solid c-cup, perky bounce.
    Barney: Momentary grudging respect.

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother': Jennifer Morrison gives us Zoey 101

By Mikey O'Connell
    October 19, 2010 12:07 PM ET

If Jennifer Morrison somehow ends up being the missing piece of the "How I Met Your Mother" puzzle, the series sure is trying to lead us astray with an inauspicious start.

Not only was Zoey introduced passively (she just sort of sidestepped on screen), it turns out she's actually married -- which would make being Cindy's (Rachel Bilson) roommate a little difficult for her.

But there was zero speculation in "Architect of Destruction," so we'll defer the looming "Mother" matter for another episode.

Other lessons learned

* Ted (Josh Radnor) doesn't have the strongest fan base among "HIMYM" fans. We usually stand by him, but he's been a pretty big weenie lately when it comes to his career. First wavering in his decision to build the new GNB headquarters and then going back and forth about quitting -- just because a pretty girl doesn't think a landmark should be torn down? You're 30, Ted. Maybe its time to act with a bit more conviction.
    * Marshall (Jason Segal) and Lily's (Alyson Hannigan) sexual escapades in the pursuit of having kids is really becoming one of this season's more engaging plot points. And Hannigan's sound effect for her egg retreating into her fallopian tube, while sort of disgusting, was hilarious.
    * Speaking of sexual escapades, we sort of thought "Subway Wars" was quietly setting Robin (Cobie Smulders) up for a serious relationship with Max (Geoff Stults). Stults is too familiar for just a walk-on. But any long-term hope for the two of them evaporated with this episode. Robin can't end up with "the small penis guy." Prediction: they casually date for the better part of this season before jealousy gets the best of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and they reunite. [Editor's note: "prediction" and "wishful thinking" are really interchangeable terms]
    * Barney needs something to work for, after all. Though they certainly are compensating for his lack of storyline with an exceptional barrage of one-liners. "Boobs?" "I don't recall saying snakes," "Asian girls love them some Jews," and "I want to fill a pillowcase with dead batteries and beat you with it," are all welcome additions to the catalog of Barney-isms.

Ok, we can't totally ignore Zoey. What did you think of her debut -- and is there any hope of her sticking around?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...s-zoey-101.html

8. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 19/10/2010, 00:23)
    "All I knew about Jennifer Morrison was this audition that she gave that was really funny and cute," Bays said. "She and Josh did a chemistry read together and they were fantastic. ...[After her guest role was announced, there was a huge reaction], 'Jennifer Morrison's on "How I Met Your Mother"!' I think only then did I realize how much of a fan base she has."

so true :D

I watched the episode ! She's amazing :heart:
    Zoey is really funny (and a little crazy)

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (aurore @ 19/10/2010, 19:34)
    CITAZIONE (Aleki77 @ 19/10/2010, 00:23)
    "All I knew about Jennifer Morrison was this audition that she gave that was really funny and cute," Bays said. "She and Josh did a chemistry read together and they were fantastic. ...[After her guest role was announced, there was a huge reaction], 'Jennifer Morrison's on "How I Met Your Mother"!' I think only then did I realize how much of a fan base she has."

so true :D

I watched the episode ! She's amazing :heart:
    Zoey is really funny (and a little crazy)

The chemistry between Jen and Josh is great!

Zoey only little crazy?? :blink:

I think she is very crazy :XD: , but I'm already in love with Zoey

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

ok really crazy .....but cute crazy :P
    the last scene was so funny xD (and I love when she learns that Ted works for the ennemy and she gets mad :D )

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (aurore @ 19/10/2010, 20:16)
    ok really crazy .....but cute crazy :P
    the last scene was so funny xD (and I love when she learns that Ted works for the ennemy and she gets mad :D )

yes, you're right, but cute crazy!

Jennifer's facial expressions are fantastic, she makes me to think about Jim Carrey's facial expressions

image image

(find on twitter http://twitter.com/dreamingahead/status/27853140396 )

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: ‘Architect of Destruction’ Introduces Jennifer Morrison

October 19, 2010 by Korbi Ghosh

For years, we’ve known Jennifer Morrison as the serious, young doc they call “Cameron” on HOUSE.

She’s got a super passionate fanbase.

She’s pretty damn hot.

And she can do drama.

But can she pull off comedy?

After last night’s episode of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, in which Morrison’s new character Zoey — a quirky activist chick who is adamantly against the destruction of this old New York building which is supposed to be torn down so that Ted’s new design of the GNB headquarters can be erected — was introduced, I would say, yeah, job well done.

You too?

Zoey and Ted facing off for weeks to come — show co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas have promised they’ll become bitter enemies — opens a whole slew of hilarious storyline possibilities — I really hope they pull some shameful pranks and tricks on each other.

And, after it’s all over, maybe they’ll make out too.

What do you think?

Yes? No? Would you even want to see that?

Speak to me…

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/...nifer-morrison/

13. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

uhm... my brother hasn't just enjoyed JMO perfomarce too much...
    because JMO is too cute and too upper-class for the activist role that Zoey is. A militant hasn't perfect hair and look... uhm... he also hasn't see a big partecipation of JMO in Zoey soul... I think he doesn't know if JMO is Zoey.

I can agree on this thing. Zoey is funny and JMO is good but I'm not sure of the final result. I need to see more of her in the next eps.

:mucca: :mucca: :mucca:

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (mvitto @ 19/10/2010, 20:52)
    uhm... my brother hasn't just enjoyed JMO perfomarce too much...
    because JMO is too cute and too upper-class for the activist role that Zoey is. A militant hasn't perfect hair and look... uhm... he also hasn't see a big partecipation of JMO in Zoey soul... I think he doesn't know if JMO is Zoey.

I can agree on this thing. Zoey is funny and JMO is good but I'm not sure of the final result. I need to see more of her in the next eps.

:mucca: :mucca: :mucca:

Zoey comes from a wealthy family, don't forget this!

15. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'll tell him... he doesn't know that he'll see Zoey again ahahahah!!! :P

25 replies since 19/10/2010, 04:41   875 views