Once Upon a Time 1st season Spoiler Free

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

March 9, 2011 09:07 PM PST

House's Jennifer Morrison To Star In ABC Pilot

Nellie Andreeva Nellie Andreeva

House alumna Jennifer Morrison has landed the lead in the ABC drama pilot Once Upon a Time.

The project centers on Anna (Morrison), a woman drawn into the small town of Storybrook where the magic and mystery of fairy tales may be real.

Previously, Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love) and Lana Parilla (Swingtown) were cast as Snow White and the Evil Queen, respectively.

Following her co-starring role on House as Dr. Allison Cameron, Morrison has recurred on How I Met Your Mother.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/houses-jenni...r-in-abc-pilot/

2. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks for the pics :)

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Attention please! BIG SPOILER!!!

A reminder: These are early stage scripts that are likely to be revised and, in some cases, drastically change before filming, and only some of which will make it to the airwaves.

Pilot: Once Upon a Time (drama)
    Writers: Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (Lost)
    Network: ABC
    Logline: A woman travels to a town where fairy tales are real.
    Cast: Jennifer Morrison (How I Met Your Mother), Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love), Lee Arenberg, Jamie Dornan, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla (Boomtown, 24, Lost), Raphael Sbarge, Jared Gilmore, Jakob Davies, Mike Coleman, Mig Macario
    Executive producers: Horowitz, Kitsis, Mark Mylod, Steve Pearlman, Damon Lindelof (consulting producer)
    Director: Mark Mylod (Shameless, United States of Tara)
    SPOILER (click to view)
    The characters:
    Anna Swan, late 20s, confident and strong but not completely comfortable in who she is. The daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming who was given up at birth (Morrison).
    Sister Mary Margaret Blanchard/Snow White, Henry's teacher and, well, the fairest of them all (Goodwin).
    Henry the grandson of Snow White and Prince Charming (Gilmore).
    Mayor Regina/Evil Queen, Henry's adoptive mother and Snow White's nemesis (Parrilla).

Considering all the buzz in Hollywood about multiple Snow White projects, including a pair of big-screen films in the works attracting huge names like Julia Roberts, Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron, my money is on this script being the one that stands out among them. Yes, the other two are big-budget feature films and this is just a pilot script for a possible TV drama. But in a word, the script for Once Upon a Time is magical.

Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, who were among the executive producers on Lost, have used their experience with time travel well here.

"Once" revolves around Anna, a twentysomething orphan who spends her 28th birthday as a bailbondsperson until Henry, a 10-year-old boy claiming to be the son she gave up for adoption, shows up on her doorstep. The savvy kid eventually manipulates Anna into driving him home to Storybrooke, a quaint town outside Boston where time has literally stopped.

The script is intercut with the story of Snow White and Prince Charming — starting with when Charming brings Snow back from the dead with a kiss and telling the story of their wedding, Snow's pregnancy and the curse that would see the fairy tale couple send their newly born daughter, Anna, into the "real world" via an enchanted cabinet to prevent a curse from the Evil Queen (Parilla).

There are a ton of characters included in the script — the Seven Dwarfs, Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio and we eventually meet their real-life counterparts in Storybrooke, and it isn't long until their personality traits become evident in the townies Anna encounters after spending a night in the suburban town.

While Anna initially rejects Henry, she eventually begins to believe his story — from a massive book of fairy tales that he believes to be true — that she's Snow White's daughter and can help free the people of Storybrooke (and their counterparts in Fairy Tale Land) from the Evil Queen/Mayor's curse.

The dual storytelling here is inspired. It's also sweet and wholesome while still being mysterious and hopeful. There's plenty of potential for love stories and it's a perfect example of family viewing at its best. Goodwin and Morrison are perfect casting. Let's hope fairy tale characters are the new superheroes.

Pilot Pirate outlook: The sweetest and most interesting use of time travel yet. Quite possibly the fairest of all the pilot scripts.

www.afterellen.com/column/pilot-pirate-8

4. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

I read the spoiler of course !!
    the story is really great
    please ABC...........

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Aleki77
    @jenmorrisonlive Prince Charming and Snow White eh?Whenever I find more detail about Once Upon a time, I think the story is more interesting
    27 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/Aleki77/status/54017962004332544

CITAZIONE
    @jenmorrisonlive
    @Aleki77 the script is hard to explain, but so amazing. It is one of the most incredible pilot scripts I have ever read. its truly special!
    22 minutes ago via ÜberSocial

http://twitter.com/#!/jenmorrisonlive/...019055304183808

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time
    Logline: A drama set in small town Maine centering on a female character in a fairy tale-inspired world.

Cast: Lana Parrilla, Ginnifer Goodwin, Robert Carlyle, Jennifer Morrison

Creatives: Adam Horowitz, Eddie Kitsis (writers), Mark Mylod (director)

Thoughts: I haven't read a great many pilots this season, but I did read this one. It's VERY strong script, and the opinion of many I've talked to is that it's ABC's best pilot script, if not one of the best of the entire pilot season. I'd be shocked not to see this make the lineup.

http://thebitterscriptreader.blogspot.com/...part-1-abc.html

Edited by aurore - 4/4/2011, 20:28

7. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (aurore @ 4/4/2011, 14:00) 
    Once Upon a Time
    Logline: A drama set in small town Maine centering on a female character in a fairy tale-inspired world.

Cast: Lana Parrilla, Ginnifer Goodwin, Robert Carlyle, Jennifer Morrison

Creatives: Adam Horowitz, Eddie Kitsis (writers), Mark Mylod (director)

Thoughts: I haven't read a great many pilots this season, but I did read this one. It's VERY strong script, and the opinion of many I've talked to is that it's ABC's best pilot script, if not one of the best of the entire pilot season. I'd be shocked not to see this make the lineup.

http://thebitterscriptreader.blogspot.com/...part-1-abc.html

I read his blog...very interesting! I'm so excited about the prospect of seeing Jen as a lead on a primetime show! This blogger didn't mention anything about Amaury's pilot getting picked up...it sounds like about 25 pilots have been ordered by ABC with only 7 or so slots, so it will be interesting to see what happens!

8. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

there is a good chance that ABC picks up "Once Upon A time"
    I would be very disappointed if they don't...
    and the lead role means that we'll see her in every episodes,itw,photoshoot....(unfortunately I think they'll shoot in Vancouver)

for Amaury's pilot....I don't have good vibes

9. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I asked him about Work It, and here's what he said:

I've not heard any buzz, but I think the concept for "Work It" sounds terrible and I'd be stunned if a good show resulted.

I want nothing but success for Amaury, but I'd have to agree :(

http://thebitterscriptreader.blogspot.com/...c.html#comments

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

unfortunately I agree with him too....

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

and I asked him about OUAT :D

CITAZIONE
    so you think there is a good chance that ABC picks up "Once Upon A time"?

CITAZIONE
    If I had to bet on ONE show on ANY of the five networks for a pickup, it would be ONCE UPON A TIME. There are probably going to be a few good shows that get passed over but between the script, the cast, and the buzz - if this doesn't get ordered then either the execs don't know what they're doing, or something went VERY wrong during production.

http://thebitterscriptreader.blogspot.com/...740672956276781

I hope he's right !!!

another comment:
    CITAZIONE
    Having read ONCE UPON A TIME, I can say that it's a shoe-in for pickup. I can see what ABC is trying to do this season, and that is reinvent themselves. They have gone out of their way this time around to go outside the norm, something I am really grateful for.

http://thebitterscriptreader.blogspot.com/...740672956276781

Edited by MVitto - 4/4/2011, 22:54

12. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

it gets more and more interesting :) fingers crossed!

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

The cast of Once Upon a Time is filming today out of Maple Ridge (2 hours from Vancouver downtown).

14. pandora1308
        +1   -1

User deleted

Anyone know when they make the decisions? When will we know which shows they pick up? When this season is wrapped up?

15. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

in May
    I read it somewhere but I don't remember where :unsure:

166 replies since 25/3/2011, 23:46   7612 views