2011 - Knife Fight

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Knife Fight is sex, drugs and money; it's about how politics is really played-a knife fight in a telephone booth, where blood is spilled, low blows are common and the best candidate is not always the best person. It's a world where the noblest ends are used to justify the darkest means.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1931466/plotsummary

Knife Fight will be released in 2012

2. RebeccaJ
        +1   -1

User deleted

I can't wait to see it, it sounds amazing! :)

3. JMHBSK
        +1   -1

User deleted

There is an international trailer for the movie. You only see Jennifer for a few seconds but it looks funny. She first appears at the 1:34 mark and has about a 10 second scene.

For some reason it won't let me post the link to the video. I've tried reading the rules and still don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

It can be found on youtube on the Knife Fight Movie channel. The easiest way to find it is to search Knife Fight International trailer.

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

you are AMAZING!

great! thanks a lot!

Knife Fight - International Trailer

http://youtu.be/4rc9Uq4I5AA

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

very quick caps!

KnifeFight1

KnifeFight2

KnifeFight3

KnifeFight4

KnifeFight5

KnifeFight6

KnifeFight7

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks for the vid and the caps !!

7. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

8. RebeccaJ
        +1   -1

User deleted

Can't wait now, looks amazing!!!

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Political consultant Paul Turner (Rob Lowe) is a wheeling, dealing tactical genius who is called in when the ranking politicians of the day are caught, sometimes quite literally, with their pants down. But although Paul's dealings may be cutthroat, his motivations are surprisingly pure. In fact, he feels a moral imperative to put and keep the best person in office - but sometimes, considering the boneheaded and scandalous shenanigans of his high profile clients, that's not such an easy thing. Jamie Chung will play his assistant, who already has a savvy sense of how to spin a negative story. Julie Bowen will play an ambitious TV reporter who has no problem sleeping with Lowe's character for scoops. Connie Britton will play an earthy-crunchy liberal who runs a free clinic and is looking to run for public office. Titus Welliver will play a private investigator on Lowe's payroll. Rebecca Mader will play a masseuse and sometime prostitute who's trying to blackmail a Senator, while Jennifer Morrison will play one of her classmates.

www.featurefilmauditions.com/2011/0...nife-fight.html

10. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

This movie is going to debut at the Tribeca Film Festival next week (a festival I have always thought would be crazy fun to attend in person). :) There's a page with more information about the movie on the Tribeca website along with a video trailer. It sounds really interesting! I wonder if Jen will attend the screening next week. :)

Link: http://www.tribecafilm.com/filmguide/knife...ml#.T5C-qtmQkTk

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

knifefight

knifefight1

IN THEATERS: JANUARY 25, 2013
    ON DEMAND & DIGITAL: JANUARY 28, 2013

About Knife Fight

If a political candidate is personally flawed, but stands to make a positive difference in millions of lives, would you help him win? That question looms over the life of “true believer” Paul Turner (Rob Lowe), a savvy strategist sharply maneuvering politicians out of scandal and into public office. With the help of a bright young assistant (Jamie Chung) and a seedy operative (Richard Schiff), Turner spins every news cycle and a shrewd reporter (Julie Bowen) on behalf of his clients: a philandering Kentucky governor (Eric McCormick), a blackmailed California senator (David Harbour), and an idealistic doctor turned gubernatorial candidate (Carrie-Anne Moss). When the ugly side of Turner’s work begins to haunt him, he learns that even in the bloodiest of battles, sometimes you have to fight clean.

KNIFE FIGHT is a smart, crackling, comedic “inside look” at what happens behind closed doors in modern American politics. Two-time Academy Award-winning director Bill Guttentag teamed with renowned political consultant Chris Lehane to create this political story for the new century. As the November election approaches, KNIFE FIGHT pulls back the curtain on the “real truth” of the political process.

www.ifcfilms.com/uncategorized/knife-fight

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Many thanks, Aurore, for finding this good intel. I've been waiting so long for pertinent info on any of Jen's movie projects, and this one has been so long in coming. Her role, of course, will be of brief duration, but it will be so gratifying to see Jen on the big screen again. Bonne annee. :)

13. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

And the performances crackle too. Lowe, as rakish and charming as ever, is adept at tough but good-natured characters — slipping a knife into someone’s ribs with a smile. He has a surprisingly engaging rapport with Chung, who is also quite good, and it’s surely a credit to Guttentag — a winner of two Academy Awards for his documentary work — that actresses like Crew and Jennifer Morrison shine in their small roles. Well put together and dinged only a smidge by an ending that could have used a few more smudges, “Knife Fight” puts a lively face on contemporary politicking. That KT Tunstall’s cover version of “Battle Hymn of the Republic” ends things is yet another reminder that certain core American traditions endure, but also always serve themselves up for changes.

www.shockya.com/news/2013/01/29/knife-fight-movie-review/

14. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once again, "Inspector" Aurore comes up with a gem of intel. ;) I don't know how you, Aleki, Sammy, and all of the other hard-working contributors keep finding these golden nuggets, but we're all so fortunate that you do.

This is the first positive review that I've seen for Knife Fight, so I read it all and enjoyed it. I have held off from viewing this movie on-line because I'm cheap and I don't want to pay the money that so many sites are charging these days, and because Jennifer's scenes are so brief. However, after reading this summary, I will probably succumb and sign on.

Oh, and thank you again, Aurore, for the latest info about Some Girl(s) under that thread. According to that project's website, the trailer should be out soon. :D

15. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Video

Thanks to @MelinaSM

Edited by aurore - 2/3/2013, 00:33

17 replies since 7/7/2011, 17:41   2370 views