User deleted

Once Upon a Time - Episode 1.09 - True North - Press Release

CITAZIONE

EMMA TRIES TO HELP TWO HOMELESS CHILDREN FIND THEIR FATHER BEFORE
    THEY’RE SEPARATED AND PUT IN FOSTER CARE, AND THE EVIL QUEEN COERCES
    HANSEL AND GRETEL INTO STEALING AN IMPORTANT ARTIFACT FROM
    A BLIND WITCH, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Emma Caulfield (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) Guest Stars as the Blind Witch

“True North” – Feeling their pain from having lived through the same experience, Emma desperately tries to help two homeless children find their birth father before they’re separated and put into the foster care system. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale world that was, the Evil Queen coerces Hansel and Gretel into stealing an important artifact from a blind witch (Emma Caulfield, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper.

Guest starring are Eion Bailey as stranger, Quinn Lord as Josef/Hansel, Karley Scott Collins as Ava/Gretel, Nicholas Lea as Michael Tillman/woodcutter, Emma Caulfield as blind witch, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, David Bloom as Mr. “K” Krzyszkowski and Osmond Lloyd Bramble as queen’s guard.

”True North” was written by David H. Goodman & Liz Tigelaar and directed by Dean White.

Promotional Still and BTS

th_OUATS01E09026 th_OUATS01E09025 th_OUATS01E09024 th_OUATS01E09023 th_OUATS01E09022 th_OUATS01E09021 th_OUATS01E09021 th_OUATS01E09020 th_OUATS01E09019 th_OUATS01E09018 th_OUATS01E09017 th_OUATS01E09016 th_OUATS01E09015 th_OUATS01E09014 th_OUATS01E09013 th_OUATS01E09012 th_OUATS01E09011 th_OUATS01E09010 th_OUATS01E09009 th_OUATS01E09008 th_OUATS01E09007 th_OUATS01E09006 th_OUATS01E09005 th_OUATS01E09004 th_OUATS01E09003 th_OUATS01E09002 th_OUATS01E09001

th_OUATS01E09027 th_OUATS01E09028 th_OUATS01E09029 th_OUATS01E09030 th_OUATS01E09031 th_OUATS01E09032 th_OUATS01E09033 th_OUATS01E09034

th_OUATS01E09035 th_OUATS01E09036

Edited by Aleki77 - 18/1/2012, 00:58

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time Episode 9 Recap: If You Go Into the Woods Today...

Written By Clarissa

Emma had to confront her own past in this week's episode of Once Upon a Time. After two children (Ava and Nicholas) tried to shoplift some food, Emma was called in by the store owner. She drove the kids home and quickly realized that they were squatting inside the basement of an abandoned house. As it turns out, their mother had died a while ago and the children were on their own, not knowing who their father was.

Emma brought the children to Mary Margaret's house and told her that she wanted to track down their father so that the kids didn't have to go into foster care. But Regina interceded and said that Emma needed to bring the kids to separate homes in Boston. More determined than ever to find their father, the kids gave her a compass they believe belonged to him. She asked Mr. Gold for help and he said that he sold it to a man named Michael. Michael was Ava and Nicholas' father, but he was also a down-on-his-luck mechanic who said he wasn't ready to be a father. With no other choices, Emma prepared to drive the kids to Boston. But after the car stalled on the road, she called the garage for a tow trunk. After seeing his children, Michael agreed to take on the responsibility of being their father.

On a more personal note, Emma told Henry about his father in this week's Once Upon a Time. She told him that he was dead and had died saving a family from a burning building. But she later admitted to Mary Margaret that she had lied and that Henry didn't need to know the truth about his father. Emma also told Mary Margaret about Henry's storybook and how he was convinced everyone in town was a fairytale character. She said Henry believes Mary Margaret is Snow White and that Emma is supposed to be her daughter. The two shared a chuckle over it and Mary Margaret seemed to dismiss it. At the end of the episode, a mysterious stranger rode into town.

Meanwhile, the Once Upon a Time writers had a bit of a twist on the Hansel and Gretel tale. While chopping wood in the forest, their father disappeared and the children came across the Evil Queen. She told them she would help them find their father if they stole something from a blind witch. Unfortunately, despite the Queen's warnings, Hansel ended up eating something in the house and the witch woke up and captured them. Fortunately, Gretel was fairly clever and the kids were able to escape.

Once Upon a Time Episode 9Later, they returned to the Queen and it was revealed that she had asked them to steal the poisonous apple that she would later use on Snow White. She admired their cleverness and spunk and offered to let them live in the castle. But they were determined to find their father and refused. We also learned that she kidnapped their father so that she could use the children to steal the apple. At the end, she let him go, but we don't know whether he and the kids were reunited.

A few final things:

-Mr. Gold clearly knows more than he's letting on. When Emma came into his shop to find out the name of the compass owner, he consulted a piece of paper. But it turns out that the paper was blank, leading me to believe he knew exactly what was going on with Ava and Nicholas.

-How interesting that the Queen had to steal the poisonous apple from the blind witch. I can't wait to see how she actually gives it to Snow White.

-Do you think that Hansel and Gretel's were reunited with their father?

-Who is the mysterious stranger who arrived in town at the end of the episode? Any thoughts on his fairytale counterpart?

-I haven't really gotten a good look at the fairytale dwarfs, but it seems clear that the store owner is Sneezy.

-Who else thought that Mary Margaret might remember her fairytale past when she smelled Emma's blanket? Because I did.

-What could be the truth about Henry's father? Do you think we'll see him anytime soon?

A new episode of Once Upon a Time will be airing next week on January 22.

http://www.tvovermind.com/once-upon-a-time...ue-north/117691

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time Review: Blind Faith

January 16th, 2012 4:28 AM by C. Orlando

Hansel and Gretel wandered through the fairy tale forest this week, as "True North" focused on the plight of all of the Once Upon a Time orphans.

In one world, the Evil Queen was rocking some seriously cool outfits when she stumbled across this pair of iconic kids. The wayward children had lost their father and the queen was offering her help. We all know that's never a good thing, though.

Hansel's darn lucky to have Gretel around or he'd be shish kabob. The queen was right. That girl's smart and spunky.

The blind witch, meanwhile, was beyond creepy. I wished we'd gotten to spend a little more time with her, even though she might give me nightmares for the next month. I'm not sure I'll ever view butter or gravy the same way again.

Back in Storybrooke, Emma was scrambling to keep Ava and Nicholas out of the foster care system because apparently it didn't work out so well for her. She even went so far as to visit Mr. Gold who surprisingly asked for forgiveness in return for his help. She offered tolerance instead and he accepted pretty quickly. It made me wonder why he wanted to be back in Emma's good graces so badly.

As Emma struggled with her own long lost parent issues, Henry wanted to know about his biological father. I knew Emma was lying the moment she began the story. I half agreed with her that Henry shouldn't know the gory details. I doubt the real story was something she'd want to share with a 10-year old, but sooner or later the truth will come to light. One can only hope it won't be any time soon.

I loved that Emma finally shared Henry's theory about her being Snow White's (aka Mary Margaret's) orphaned child. Even though they don't believe in the curse now, I have to believe they will eventually. It will be fun to see if they start to view one another any differently from here on out.

It looked like the Evil Queen's issues followed her to Storybrooke. Neither she nor Regina could understand the concept of unconditional love. Of course, this is a woman who keeps a collection of hearts in boxes so...

Obviously, things are changing in Storybrooke. Hansel and Gretel found their happy ending. But will anyone else? And who is the new mysterious stranger?!? See what's in store for him now via this promo for next Sunday's new episode.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/01/once-upon.../#ixzz1jcsNFvh1

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time': A sticky, sweet situation

This week on "Once Upon a Time," we get the tale of Hansel and Gretel, along with a wonderful guest-starring turn by Emma Caulfield as the Blind Witch.

Fairytale Land

Hansel and Gretel lose their father, a woodsman, and are found by the Queen and her soldiers. The Queen uses them to break into the home of the Blind Witch and steal something kept in a black, leather satchel. They are instructed not to eat anything.

But of course greedy little Hansel picks a cupcake up like five seconds in, which wakes up the Blind Witch. She imprisons them and is super creepy while she does it. But they manage to slide her into her own oven and escape with the satchel.

They give it to the Queen and inside is the poisonous apple meant for Snow White. And then the Queen wants to adopt them as their "reward." But Gretel tells her off and the Queen puts them back in the forest. Turns out the Queen has the woodsman imprisoned too.

She questions him to find out why the children would refuse her. He says it's because they're a family and family always finds one another. So the Queen lets him go and magics him into the woods, where the father and children have to find each other.

Storybrooke

The kids are Ava and Nicholas Zimmer, and have no parents. Their mother Dorie died a few years ago, so Emma starts looking for their father so they don't have to go into the foster system. She takes Ava's compass, which their mother said belonged to their father, and shows it to Mr. Gold, who gives her a name.

Michael works as a mechanic and accepts that he's the father once he sees the compass, but says he can't take them in because he can't handle it. So Emma loads them up to go to foster care in Boston, but naturally they can't leave Storybrooke because nobody can. The Sheriff's car stalls and she calls Michael to come fix it.

She convinces him to get to know his kids, as inside the car the compass has spun wildly and pointed at him. It's nice he decides to keep them, if a little implausible of an ending.

When Emma gets back to Mary Margaret's, Emma tells MM Henry's theory about the magic wardrobe and that MM/Snow and David/Prince are her parents. They have a chuckle, but then MM sees the baby blanket Emma has hung onto.

And in the end, a stranger roars into town on his motorcycle, giving Emma all sorts of inscrutable looks.

Thoughts & Tidbits

It was nice to see the Queen wield some magic in Fairytale Land. There isn't enough of that.
    What do you guys think about Emma lying about Henry's father? Obviously, that will come out at some point. I hope we don't have to wait long.
    It was great to see Anya from "Buffy" back on our TV screen as the Blind Witch, she was great in that role. Very creepy.
    I was a bit surprised when they said Hansel and Gretel were twins. First of all, I don't remember that from the story. And secondly, Gretel/Ava looked a lot older than Hansel/Nicholas.

What did think, "OUAT" fans? Frankly, I can't wait for next week. The previews looked really good.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...-situation.html

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ratings News - 16th January 2012

SUNDAY 1/15/12 METERED MARKETS

Household
    Rating/Share
    Fox 14.0/21
    NBC 9.8/15
    CBS 6.4/10
    ABC 4.2/ 6

-Percent Change from Year-Ago Evening – 1/16/11:

----------

-Winners:
    NFC Divisional Playoff (Fox), The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards (NBC), The Simpsons (Fox)

-Honorable Mention:
    Undercover Boss (CBS)

-Losers (excluding repeats):
    America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC), Pan Am (ABC)

----------

-Ratings Breakdown:
    NBC aired The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards, but the approximate 7-8 p.m. portion of the NFC Divisional Playoff Game led Fox to Sunday overnight victory. The New York Giants vs. Green Bay went through the roof, so to speak, with a 29.1 rating/45 share in the hour. That lifted lead-out The Simpsons to a season high 10.2/15 (#2) at 8 p.m. followed by the series-premiere of animated Napoleon Dynamite at a 6.0/ 9 at 8:30 p.m. Comparably, Napoleon Dynamite finished fourth in the overnights at 8:30 p.m., with retention out of The Simpsons of 59 percent. While the retention could have been better, Napoleon Dynamite was indeed sampled.

Next on Fox was Family Guy at a 5.5/ 8 (#3) at 9 p.m., followed by a second episode of Napoleon Dynamite at a 4.5/ 7 (#4) at 9:30 p.m.

Over at NBC, aforementioned The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards led the 8-11 p.m. block, with a solid 11.7 rating/18 share and the half-hour breakdown as follows:

The 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards (NBC)
    8:00 p.m.: 11.2/17 (#1)
    8:30 p.m.: 11.5/17 (#1)
    9:00 p.m.: 11.3/17 (#1)
    9:30 p.m.: 11.5/17 (#1)
    10:00 p.m.: 12.8/20 (#1)
    10:30 p.m.: 12.1/20 (#1)

For a listing of all the Golden Globe winners in television, scroll down to Network Short Items. Earlier in the evening on NBC was the Golden Globes Red Arrival special at a third-place 3.8/ 6 from 7-8 p.m.

In season-premiere news, Undercover Boss returned on CBS with a second-place 7.3/11 in the overnights at 8 p.m., which is certainly respectable given the competition. Comparably, that was equal to the 7:30 p.m. portion of 60 Minutes and it is expected to build considerably among adults 18-49. Overall, 60 Minutes finished second from 7-8 p.m. with a 6.7/10.

Also on CBS was older-skewing The Good Wife at 9 p.m. (#2: 6.8/10) and a repeat of CSI: Miami at 10 p.m. (#2: 5.0/ 8).

Fourth overall for the evening was ABC, meanwhile, with its combination of America’s Funniest Home Videos (#4: 2.9/ 5), which took a hit opposite football on Fox, freshman hit Once Upon a Time (#3: 6.1/ 9), Desperate Housewives (#3; 5.3/ and failed recent entry Pan Am (#3: 2.9/ 5). As a reminder, new drama GBC debuts in the Sunday 10 p.m. hour on March 4.

Source: Nielsen Media Research

Source: Marc Berman@TVMediaInsights

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Updated TV Ratings Sunday: 'Golden Globes' Down Slightly, FOX Animation Scores Big After Football, 'Once Upon A Time,' 'Housewives,' 'Good Wife' Fall

Written By Bill Gorman - January 16th, 2012

As is typical every year, the ~ one hour overrun and huge lead in from the Giants-Packers NFC Divisional playoff game will lift FOX on top the adults 18-49 ratings on the night. Last year it was CBS being lifted on top by an hour of the AFC Divisional game.

Update: Football overran until 8:12pm, so all Fox's numbers below are subject to adjustment, as are FOX's nightly averages. The rest of the night on FOX got a predictable huge updraft from the NFL game. The Simpsons 6.8 adults 18-49 rating was up 296% vs. a 2.3 last week. The two episode series premiere of Napoleon Dynamite did a lot better than Allen Gregory's 2.4 adults 18-49 premiere rating (thanks Eli & Aaron!) drawing a 4.6 adults 18-49 rating at 8:30 and a 3.6 at 9:30. That was about the same as the 4.5 adults 18-49 rating for the premiere of Bob's Burgers on a football playoff night earlier in January last year. Sandwiched between those Napoleon's, Family Guy had a 4.4 adults 18-49 rating, up 42% vs. a 3.1 last week.

Update: In the time zone adjusted ratings The Golden Globes drew a 5.0 adults 18-49 rating, down 4% vs. last year's 5.2 adults 18-49 rating and 16.8 million viewers vs. last year's 17.0 million viewers. I have updated the table below. Note that the Golden Globes Red Carpet Special ratings below are not time zone adjusted. The metered market ratings for the Golden Globes Red Carpet Special were down vs. last year's telecast (3.8 HH rating vs. a 4.5 HH rating last season).

After a nice jump on its 2012 return, Once Upon A Time had a 3.3 adults 18-49 rating, down 11% vs. a 3.7 last week. Desperate Housewives drew a 2.7 adults 18-49 rating tied a series low and was down 10% vs. a 3.0 last week. Airing out the string of ordered episodes, the canceled to all but the delusional Pan Am had a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, even with last week's series low 1.3. At 7pm, America's Funniest Home Videos drew a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, down 14% vs. last week.

Without a huge Tebow pumped NFL lead in the entire CBS line up predictably crashed. 60 Minutes' 1.5 adults 18-49 rating was down 69% vs. last week's 4.8. Undercover Boss had a 3.0 adults 18-49 rating in its Sunday premiere vs. a 3.4 on the Sunday vs. The Golden Globes last season (not its premiere). The Good Wife's 1.9 adults 18-49 rating was down 30% from last week. CSI: Miami was a repeat.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/1...fe-fall/116567/

Edited by Aleki77 - 22/1/2012, 16:27

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

In this episode, I loved the gingerbread house. The cupcakes, the cakes and the other things, were laid out as a confectionery, were a great temptation.
    Even in this time I loved the parallel stories whose main theme was the father and that one hidden, the mother.
    The white lie of Emma to not hurt Henry, I think it has multiple meanings. Emma feels really Henry's mother and then she tries to protect him from everything, but in the long run I think that Henry will suffer for this lie and he's going to lose trust, in at least part, in Emma.
    The search for the father of Hansel and Gretel is passing by the suffering and the hope to Emma to find her parents. She still does not believe that Mary Margaret is her mother, but for a moment it seemed to perceive "ther hope" that was so.
    Mary Margaret, who sniffs the baby Emma's blanket, I think it's my favorite moment.
    The special effects are still a far cry from the Matrix but they are definitely getting better.
    Who will be the foreigner just arrived in town? That is the same child who found Emma 28 years ago? I'm waiting for the next shiny pebble.

ps: I love the fact that ultimately every (or almost) stories are linked between them.

6 replies since 23/12/2011, 22:46   611 views