423479140803shot06014v2

516905140803shot020242

300830140803shot01079

565230140803shot04034

719381140803shot05063

694413140803shot07071

820543140803shot08033

663490140803shot09025

mini_423479140803shot06014v2 mini_516905140803shot020242 mini_300830140803shot01079 mini_565230140803shot04034 mini_719381140803shot05063 mini_694413140803shot07071 mini_820543140803shot08033 mini_663490140803shot09025

2. JMO DAILY NEWS
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ok... I'm in love with that photoshoot! Definitely one of my favorite :D
    Jennifer looks gorgeous ♥

3. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

probably my favorite photoshoot :wub:

Jennifer Morrison rules the red carpet

Sometimes Jennifer Morrison underestimates how much of a badass she really is. Take, for instance, the party she was at in a packed bar in Vancouver with the cast of “Once Upon a Time.”

“I saw two guys start to have a bit of an altercation,” she says. So she did what felt natural: She threw herself between them to stop the fight. “No guy is going to throw a punch if a girl is standing between the two of them; that just diffuses it immediately, right?” she laughs.
    “Well,” she admits, “that was my logic at the moment. I might have had a couple drinks.”
    Luckily, someone in her crew pulled her out of danger, and the men were so distracted, they calmed down.

No wonder she’s so good at playing tough on TV. Because while her ABC show is about fairy tales, Jennifer, 35, doesn’t touch a tiara. She plays bounty hunter Emma Swan, who, in a role that’s a little bit Indiana Jones and a little bit James Dean, lives in jeans, boots, a T-shirt and a leather jacket.

“I probably will never wear a red leather jacket in my life ever again,” she laughs.
    In her real life, she goes the opposite: “I rarely wear jeans anymore. I’m almost always in a dress.”

Today, she practically glides into the Chateau Marmont for breakfast, her ankle-length, off-the-shoulder black Etro dress flowing behind her. She’s carrying a Louis Vuitton satchel and has her hair pulled up into a topknot. She says she’s gravitated toward an elegant style since she was a little girl.

“For Halloween several years in a row, I would put mascara and lipstick on and I’d come to the door in my grandma’s furs and necklaces, and they’d be like, ‘Oh honey, what are you?’ And I’d be like, ‘Uh, I’m a fancy lady!’ I didn’t understand why people didn’t know what that was!”

Jennifer was raised in the suburbs of Chicago by two music teachers. She was in her first play at 5, playing Fili in “The Hobbit.” By 7, she was appearing in commercials. Her dad led a nationally competitive high school marching band for 30 years, so in high school, Jennifer joined it, dancing in the color guard and playing clarinet — which, by the way, she can still rock.

“My mom’s a private clarinet teacher, so I’m weirdly good at clarinet,” she says.

Three decades later, she’s still a woman of all trades. She’s been in films like “Star Trek” and “Warrior,” had a hilarious recurring role on CBS’s “How I Met Your Mother” and was a regular on the Fox show “House.” But it took her a long time before she embraced the idea of star style.

“When you’re growing up wanting to be an actor,” she explains, dipping into some plain yogurt, “you’re paying for acting classes and voice lessons. You wait for Lean Cuisine to go on sale. You’re not running off and spending money on clothes.”

But when she needed a dress for the “House” upfront presentation, she laid out her first big bucks for a $90 dress at American Rag in LA.

“I was sweating at the counter, like, ‘Oh my God. I can’t believe I’m going to spend this much money on a dress. This is, like, the fanciest dress ever!’ ” she says.

Now Jennifer is an emblem of style. Working with stylist Jen Rade, she wears Georges Hobeika, Paule Ka and Valentino on the red carpet. In her off hours, she leans toward Alice + Olivia (“I love that kind of preppy feel to things”), Helmut Lang (“Always a go-to in terms of comfort, with great blazers and jackets”) and Elizabeth and James (“They have great basics”).

And she finds inspiration everywhere. When she was staying at the Chiltern Firehouse in London, for instance, she was struck by the style of everyone on-staff.

“I was drooling over their uniforms,” she says. “It hurts me to even call it a uniform, because I would wear most of what they were wearing on a red carpet!”

In fact, Jennifer wore a dress from that designer, Emilia Wickstead, soon after at an event in Australia.

And ever since she began filming in Vancouver, she says, “hats are my little black dress.” It started functionally because of all the rain in that northern city, but once she discovered the Goorin Bros. Hat Shop in Yaletown, she began working them into her outfits.

“I found these black tuxedo Phillip Lim shoes I’ve been wearing nonstop with a black hat,” she says. “It’s great. It’s cozy. It’s easy.”

Beyond her ABC show — the fourth season of “Once Upon a Time” debuts Sept. 28 — Jennifer plans to produce and direct more personal projects. She certainly has a knack for it.

A few years ago, she helped high school friend Ian Brennan shop his screenplay about a high school choir around Hollywood. But because people were thrown by what to do with the music in the script, she says, “We needed to find someone who understood show choir.”
    Modal Trigger

The pair discovered that screenwriter Ryan Murphy had been in show choir — “it was randomly listed on the Internet somewhere” — got it into his hands, and “Glee” as we know it was born.

Jennifer has since directed a 12-minute short film, “Warning Labels,” that she plans to submit to festivals soon. And after her friend, “Warrior” writer Anthony Tambakis, saw a rough cut of the short, he asked her to direct his next script, an indie take on the crazy great lengths we go to for moments of human connection.

As for her own human connections, Jennifer’s been in a couple of high-profile relationships. At the end of 2006, she got engaged to her “House” co-star Jesse Spencer at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. That fairy tale hit a bump when, less than a year later — just after she appeared on the InStyle Weddings cover — the couple amicably called it off. In 2009, Jennifer began dating “Prison Break” star Amaury Nolasco, a relationship that lasted more than three years.

“I’ve been engaged,” she says, “but I don’t want to settle for what’s not quite right for my life. I think because I was raised around a lot of ‘forever’ kind of love, I’m very aware of when it isn’t a ‘forever’ kind of love. So I’m okay with walking away from it when it isn’t quite right.”

She’s keeping mum on her current dating status, but she’s optimistic about love.

“My parents have been married nearly 40 years and they truly love each other,” she says. “I’ve seen it work. I know it’s tough, and I know it’s rare. But my fundamental values in life and my ideas about love and relationships are always going to be rooted in what I was raised in.”

For now, it’s a little difficult for Jennifer to plant roots while she’s living in three cities in two countries. While filming “Once Upon a Time” in Vancouver, she’s been using her LA house as home base. But she also has an apartment in Gramercy Park.

“There’s an energy to New York that I really respond to,” she says. “You’re surrounded by so much stimulation at all times; I think some people get overwhelmed by that, but I thrive on it. I feel like it’s a city where anything’s possible.”

The little girl who used to dress up like a fancy lady and had big acting dreams, then grew up to be a movie star, has proved that, yes, anything is.

http://nypost.com/2014/09/10/jennifer-morr...the-red-carpet/

4. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

I really like the idea even if i can't stand the shoes they chose and the cover... it is too photoshopped!

my fave pics are: 3, 4 and 7 :heart:

5. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks I liked pretty much the pics, but she jumped a lot for them I bet!!

6. MelinaSM
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hey Guys!! I'm back i was without computer, but i got one now! Thanks for the pics! :kisses:

7. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

"WOW"!
    That necklace in shot # 1 (cover shot?) states it all for me. :wub: And the hair! :wub: :wub:

The Post got the right woman for this fashion spread. Jennifer is smashing! I enjoyed the article, and -- did I mention that I love her hair? :lol: ;)

Thanks very much, Aurore, for making this available for us. Bon travail! :D

6 replies since 10/9/2014, 17:50   979 views