+1   -1

User deleted

House M.D. - Season 7 - New Title Sequence without Jennifer Morrison

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTW2kF4I3w

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    #HOUSE Producer Katie Jacobs talks2 GMMR abt House & Cuddy’s NAKED TIME. Plus the Season 7 Plan for 13 and Cameron too: http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/...nd-cameron-too/

http://twitter.com/KorbiGirl/status/25058506787

HOUSE Producer Katie Jacobs on House and Cuddy’s Naked Time, Plus the Season 7 Plan for 13 and Cameron Too

September 20, 2010 by Korbi Ghosh

t the end of last season, HOUSE executive producers David Shore and Katie Jacobs made it quite clear that our favorite cranky doc and his boss, Lisa Cuddy, were finally going to give this romantic relationship thing a try.

And, as Jacobs tells GIVE ME MY REMOTE in the interview clip below, that’s exactly what they’re doing.

The seventh season premieres this evening with a lot of “naked time” between the two, which Jacobs is comfortable with, explaining that it feels like the right juncture in House’s life for this to happen. Last season, he battled with his addiction and sort of conquered it, she says.

So getting into it with Cuddy — for real this time — is only natural now, no?

Regarding all the aforementioned nakedness, Jacobs muses: “They need very little beyond each other’s company at this point in the relationship to make them happy. It’s been so long and coming.”

And hopefully, HOUSE’s viewers will feel the same, especially since tonight’s opener focuses heavily on their new union. “The first episode is sort of left of center,” she reveals. “It’s not one of our typical medical mysteries. We get right back to [the show's regular format] in episode 2, but we decided that the audience might want to know, these are not just strangers. They’ve been, you know, thinking about this. How do they exactly come together? And so, the first episode does take place immediately following the season finale [when Cuddy confessed her love] and just the next couple days right after.”

Excited?

Watch the clip below for more from Jacobs on what HOUSE’s other players — 13, Foreman, Chase and Taub — will be up to this year, whether we’ll still be seeing Jennifer Morrison (Cameron) return now that she’s been cast on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER and what happens when Cuddy decides HOUSE needs a new lady doctor on his team.

Will decisions be made differently because they’re now sleeping together?

See for yourself…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmcf-75yxn0

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

review of ep 1 "now what" :

LOBE IT OR HATE IT

We pick up right where we left off last season, which was kind of surprising to me because I just assumed we'd jump in, like, a week or three months later, with Hadley already gone and House and Cuddy's relationship having been consummated and semi-established and left to our imaginations. But no, we instead get to spend this entire episode watching it, kind of like when House went to a mental hospital last season and we had to watch that for two hours. And it was all very out-of-character and deviated from the show's formula in a way that left a bad taste in my mouth. Although a lot of people liked it as much as I didn't, so ... enjoy!

House is still slightly injured from having a building fall on him, so Cuddy's first act as his girlfriend is to check on his shoulder wound. "It's gonna get infected," she whispers. Sexy! She grabs some wound care items as House just stands there, stunned by the turn his life has taken as well as, possibly, how it's suddenly daylight outside. Apparently in the one minute that passed between last season and now, the sun came up. Cuddy takes off House's shirt and cleans his wound and then his still-dirty face with a washcloth. Excellent -- a warm washcloth dabbed a few times on a gaping wound full of, like, concrete dust, asbestos, and bacteria is definitely the best way to treat and prevent further infection. If you're a doctor in the 1800s. Or a doctor who kind of sucks at doctoring, like Cuddy. Then she starts taking off his pants, to which he puts up slight resistance. She feels up his leg scar. "Don't. Don't," he says; "isn't this the show where we have sons die from radiation poisoning accidentally caused by a gift from their fathers? Where parents lose their newborn babies due to a sickness spread by a stuffed animal given out by an ill hospital volunteer? Where people barf shit? What's with the weird cheesy sentimental stuff?" "It's okay," Cuddy says; "I love you." She kisses it. So that's how this episode is going to be. They make out and House carries her into bed and a sex montage. The next morning, he asks: "so ... now what?"

Well, first, it's time for some new opening credits, now with Peter Jacobson and Olivia Wilde and no Jennifer Morrison. And it only took them four seasons to properly update. I'm dating back to when Cameron died her hair back to blonde but was still wandering through the opening credits as a brunette, and then, of course, how Taub and Hadley have been permanent regular characters for the past two seasons.

Cuddy says she doesn't want to talk about their relationship when "everything's good." As for what to do in the near future, Cuddy has to go home and get ready for work. And, uh, see her daughter. Also, Lucas was living with Cuddy and their daughter and she just dumped him, like, last night. So there might be things to work out there. Like, surely he still has to move his stuff out, at least? Or might have reacted to having his heart broken by burning the place down? She should probably check in, is what I'm saying. Also, Cuddy's phone is ringing. It's Cuddy's new assistant, and she temporarily goes insane and allows House to answer it for her. He claims he's Cuddy's nanny, and that Cuddy is ill with some kind of stomach problem and so won't be able to come in today. Assistant says Dr. Richardson has the same stomach bug, since he just threw up all over the OR. House recommends that the assistant send the doctor home, have the ER sterilized, and "use your own brain." Problem solved, I'm sure. Cuddy orders House to take a bath. No more washcloth rubdowns? The romance is gone.

At PPTH, meanwhile, the Cottages have assembled in the meeting room sans their boss. Foreman is concerned, as he was the last person to see House before he left, and House wasn't looking too good then. The other Cottages don't give a shit about House, nor should they. Instead, they want to know about Hadley and her leave of absence, which they all know about despite her best efforts to keep them in the dark. Taub is quick to say that he didn't tell, and Chase admits that he saw the envelope on House's desk and steamed it open to see what was inside. "What's wrong with you? You steam an envelope to keep it secret," Taub says, disgusted with Chase's inability to properly sneak around. Foreman says he just ripped the envelope open when he saw it (apparently, the Cottages spend their nights wandering in and out of House's office, hoping to find something interesting on his desk). He wants to know where Hadley is going. Hadley, of course, refuses to say. I guess before she leaves the show for a while they're going to send us off with another stupid Dr. Hadley, Mystery Woman subplot.

Before House can bathe, of course, he and Cuddy have to clean the bathroom, which is full of mirror shards from last night's temper tantrum/desperate drug grab. "I was in a mood," House explains. Cuddy finds the bottles of pills on the floor and grabs them before House can see, then runs off to answer her ringing phone. House asks her not to answer it. "It could be important," she says. "This is important," House says. Sure. But not as important as CUDDY'S DAUGHTER. What if there's some emergency with her? Although I guess Cuddy isn't worried about her calling since she's too young to use the phone and she's probably unattended in the house anyway.

House says they are "more important" than anything that could be happening at PPTH, so he thinks they should turn off their phones. Cuddy agrees to this because she's a terrible mother. She leaves the bathroom to turn off the phone/dispose of the pills, but it's not enough for House, who accuses her of being "distracted" when she returns. Cuddy apologizes, saying there is a lot going on at PPTH right now: the Clinic's funding is possibly being reduced by the state (no big loss. Let's face it: the Clinic sucks. Go to the infinitely better St. Sebastian's), Nurse Jeffrey, who will never be Nurse Brenda, is filing his 12th HR complaint (ha ha ha, Nurse Jeffrey thinks PPTH has an HR department. Idiot), and Dr. Richardson is a little miffed about essentially being kept prisoner at PPTH for the last week. Hmm. Cuddy's real problem, from what I can tell, is that she isn't very good at running a hospital. PPTH is a disaster. The mention of Richardson gets House's interest, and Cuddy explains that he's the only neurosurgeon PPTH has right now, and so he must stay on the premises at all times or PPTH will not be allowed to function as a Level 1 Trauma Center, thus shutting down the ER and ICU. House cuts her off with a shoulder massage and a promise of a "magical bath" with "transformative powers." He also quotes a Lucky Charms commercial, which is awesome. He says he must work in privacy on this bath, kicking Cuddy out of the bathroom. She totally falls for it. House calls Chase.
    "If we don't have a neurosurgeon, all the puppies in the world will choke to death on all the babies," House says. He's being sarcastic, but in the case of Cuddy's baby, that's probably true. No doubt she's wandered off into the woods by now and is currently being either eaten or raised by wolves. He orders Chase to be PPTH's neurosurgeon for the next day or so. "I'm not a neurosurgeon," Chase says. Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure we've seen him perform neurosurgery before, back in seasons four and five when the writers didn't know what the hell to do with him so they just made him the Chief of Every Kind Of Surgery. Meanwhile, House's magic bath consists of whatever he can find in his bathroom cabinet, mainly Old Spice and Listerine. House tells Chase he won't actually have to do any neurosurgery -- they'll just divert any brain or spine traumas to a different, much better hospital. "It's an administrative problem, not a medical one," House says. Well, yeah, until someone at PPTH desperately needs emergency neurosurgery. Then you're all screwed. Actually, I'm wondering how things are going for whoever Dr. Richardson was operating on when he got sick in the first place. Surely, they need someone to go in there and clean out the puke chunks Richardson left in his cranial cavity. Chase doesn't agree to any of this, but that's enough for House to assume he'll take care of it and hang up on him.

Hadley, meanwhile, is playing pool in the doctor's lounge while she waits for her worried co-workers to give her some much-needed attention. Enter Foreman, who says he knows she's going to Rome, thanks to the flight information she left in her locker that he broke into. Not only that, but she's leaving tomorrow. Hadley "jokes" that she's going because she heard they were tearing down the Colosseum to build a karaoke bar. Foreman thinks it's because a prominent hospital there is doing a Huntington's trial. It's still in the very risky beginning stages, though, so Foreman doesn't think Hadley should be doing it. I agree with him, only because the last time Hadley did a Huntington's trial, she got a brain tumor in like one day. Hadley gets all pissy about Foreman prying into her personal life and refuses to tell him anything.

House and Cuddy bathe. House ruins the moment by asking Cuddy how to define their relationship and throwing out the word "open." "You think I want to see other people?" she asks. House says they were both emotional last night and their hooking up was "impulsive," so he'd understand if she didn't want to be in a serious relationship immediately. Way to totally pretend you weren't angling for a threesome, House. Cuddy tells him to stop analyzing and enjoy the moment. Yeah, that's going to happen. The conversation really picks up as Cuddy says that House's magic bath is "burning [her] ladyparts." "How do you think my anus feels?" he responds, really setting quite the mood. They agree it's time to get out of the bath. Cuddy doesn't seem to wonder why it smells like aftershave and mint.

Foreman and Chase approach Cuddy's assistant, who is calling all over the state to try to find a neurosurgeon. So far, he's been unsuccessful. Also, he reports, Cuddy's phone keeps going straight to voicemail. "I'm a neurosurgeon," Chase says. Despite the very serious look on his face, the assistant knows he's lying, as Cuddy smartly made him research House and his team as soon as he started working there. So he knows that while Chase did a neurosurgery residency, he is not board-certified. Also, Chase looks about 13 years old, so even if he was an actual neurosurgeon, no one would ever be able to take him seriously. And finally, Cuddy's assistant totally looks like Mr. Bean.

House, the perfect boyfriend despite his earlier comment about wanting an open relationship and the fact that his magic bath gave his girlfriend chemical burns on her private area, has prepared breakfast for Cuddy: cornflakes and something he calls "assorted exotic breakfast meats in a chili sauce reduction." He did not, apparently, make anything for himself, so he won't be eating anything for breakfast. Much like Cuddy's daughter, who is no doubt currently starving all alone in her cold, dark home. Cuddy claims she's happy she stayed in and likes the breakfast House made for her. House says she's lying, and he can always tell when she's lying. "I slept with my freshman roommate," Cuddy says. House knows that is a lie. He says she has a "tell," but won't say what it is. Cuddy then demands that House tell her something she doesn't know about him. This conversation is boring. I'm more concerned about Cuddy's corn flakes getting soggy because she's waiting so long to eat them than anything they have to say. House's revelation is that he had an "intimate relationship" with a photo of Cuddy. Ew. Cuddy knows exactly which photo he's talking about, remembering when he took a picture of her as Sleeping Beauty on Halloween. "Why else would you take that picture?" she reasons. Maybe he wanted to immortalize your lame costume? I mean, Sleeping Beauty? Is that really the best you can do, Cuddy? "I have to pee," House says, getting up as quickly as his leg will let him. He then says he was lying and Cuddy didn't realize it -- "I actually have to poop." That House knows just what to say to make a girl feel sexy.

Of course, House doesn't have to use the bathroom at all. He's just answering his cell phone. It's Chase, letting House know that Cuddy's assistant not only didn't believe that Chase was a neurosurgeon, but he also notified the Department of Public Health that there's no neurosurgeon on the premises, as he's legally required to do. That doesn't mean Cuddy won't fire his ass when she gets back, though. Chase says there's nothing more he can do -- as soon as the DPH shows up, PPTH's ER will be shut down. House annoyingly tells Chase he's looking forward to him solving this problem and hangs up on him. He makes sure to flush the toilet on his way out so Cuddy will believe his lie about having to use the bathroom. Although if she can hear a toilet flush, then certainly she heard him talking on the phone, right?

The Cottages continue to look for another neurosurgeon. Why do they care? This is Chase's problem, and it's not really even his problem. Hadley had the right idea playing pool in the lounge. In fact, Chase actually says that this isn't their problem, pointing out that it isn't House's problem either, so he's not sure why House is on their asses to fix it. Foreman then wonders where Cuddy is. But no one makes the connection between House not being at work and ordering them to do Cuddy's job and Cuddy also not being at work. Foreman says they can either do nothing and let the DPH shut half of PPTH down or try to cover it up and risk the DPH finding out and shutting the entire hospital down. Hadley has a third way: they get Richardson up and running. Chase, Taub, and Foreman shoot to see who has to go with her. Chase gets the short end of the stick.

Back at the House of Love, Cuddy is now wearing House's bathrobe. House is wearing a totally different outfit than what he had on before. And he has another surprise for her: a sword with which he intends to open a bottle of champagne. "You might want to stand behind me for this," he says. Yeah. She might want to stand in another room for this. Sure enough, he completely obliterates the bottle, which tends to happen when you strike a breakaway bottle with a sword. I'm pretty sure that, while the bottle was supposed to break, it wasn't supposed to completely shatter like it did, so House and Cuddy's reaction (along with the camera moving around and going in and out of focus as if the cameraman was expecting the director to cut the scene) wasn't intentional. But Hugh Laurie is such a professional that he just keeps the scene going, saying "yeah. I think I may have done that slightly wrong. Well, good thing I got a case," still with his American accent. And then Wilson knocks on the door and the scene continues. Even though Lisa Edelstein totally snorted when she laughed. House hopes that if he ignores Wilson, he'll leave. Because that happens.

After the break, House and Cuddy are hunkered down on the couch, still waiting for Wilson to give up and leave. House suggests they have sex to pass the time, only for his cell phone to ring loudly. "You turned on my ringer?!" he whisper-yells to Cuddy, which is pointless now that the sound of the ring has negated any reason for keeping his voice down. Also, I love how Cuddy turned House's ringer on but not her own, even though she has a daughter. Wilson, stationed outside House's door, says he knows House is in there because he heard the phone. Cuddy thinks House might as well let him in, but House instead answers the phone and pretends to be his own voicemail message, adding that if Wilson is calling, he should know that House is "fine, not suicidal, not on drugs, coping very well with the loss of my last patient." "Beeeeep!" he concludes. For some reason, Wilson doesn't fall for it. He tells House that he can't just skip work. "What's Cuddy gonna say?" he asks. Oh, please. Like Cuddy doesn't already let House do whatever he wants. Also, how awesome would it have been if Wilson had added "she's such an uptight bitch. I hate her and I'm sick of pretending I don't just because she's my boss." House says Cuddy gave him the day off. "And tomorrow," he adds, pushing his luck. Off an outraged glance from Cuddy, he changes his day off to just today. "I'm fine. Now go away. Beeeeep!" Wilson gives up, threatening to come back tomorrow if House isn't at work. Talking to Wilson turns House on, so he makes out with Cuddy.

Hadley and Chase have arrived at Richardson's house, and the guy looks miserable, so pale he's gray and clinging to his toilet. Damn, if I felt as bad as Richardson looks, I probably wouldn't leave the hospital -- I'd have myself admitted. Although maybe I wouldn't if that hospital was PPTH. That place is a death trap. I mean, they don't even have a neurosurgeon on the premises! Hadley unsympathetically orders Richardson to "suck it up and go back to the hospital." Wow, just because you have Huntington's, doesn't mean everyone else's illnesses are small peanuts. Also, if I were Richardson, I'd be laughing at the idea of these young punk fellows trying to boss me around like that. And then I'd call the police to remove them from my home. Oh, and an ambulance to take me to any hospital except PPTH.

All Richardson says, however, is he won't leave the room without his precious toilet, as if PPTH doesn't have any of those for him to use. He says he ate bad sushi and is suffering from food poisoning. Chase offers to give him some anti-nausea medicine, as if that ever actually does anything for nausea and that even if it did, that would be all Richardson needed to feel better. Food poisoning makes everything feel horrible all the time. Get rid of the nausea and you still feel like you want to die. In any case, Richardson already took anti-nausea meds and they clearly aren't helping. Hadley wonders if Richardson isn't suffering from food poisoning after all. Chase says that whatever he does have (as he's now assuming that Hadley is right based on ... uh ... nothing), it has apparently damaged the lining of his stomach, so they have to heal that before anything they give him will actually work. Somehow. Hadley suggests giving Richardson a bunch of drugs for his nausea and assumed damaged stomach lining. Chase asks what to give him for his underlying condition, but Hadley says they don't have to worry about that: "who cares? He's not our patient. The hospital is." "I can hear you," Richardson moans. Well, I guess he should have thought about this when he agreed to work for a hospital with only 3 neurosurgeons on staff. By the way, how does that work? Do they do 8 hour shifts seven days a week? If one of them goes on vacation or gets sick, then the other two have to work 16-hour shifts every day until he returns, right? You'd think if having a neurosurgeon there at all times was this important, they'd have, like, sixteen of them. Hadley asks Richardson if he'd be willing to take a "fairly risky drug" in exchange for feeling much better. Feeling much better isn't going to do you much good if the drug gives you a heart attack, though.

Cuddy and House collapse on the bed, naked and sweaty and breathing hard. So were they having sex while hovering in the air above the bed? Standing up on the bed? That can't be good for House's leg. Cuddy totally ruins (or possibly enhances) their post-coital bliss by asking House why he didn't let Wilson in the apartment. "You were thinking about Wilson while we were having sex? That's so cool! So was I," House responds. Huh. But while House may have been thinking about Wilson's body, Cuddy was thinking about House's motivation not to let Wilson in. "You were hiding me from him. Why?" Cuddy demands. House says he was simply "protecting [Cuddy's] privacy." This from the guy who once announced to the entire PPTH lobby that he was having sex with her. "Why would we be doing all this if I wanted to be private?" she says. Um ... because it's more fun that way? Oh, and because everyone at PPTH will surely think less of Cuddy for dating an asshole like House? Or maybe because someone is bound to call children's services just in case House comes anywhere near Cuddy's child? How about the fact that, as of yesterday, Cuddy was engaged to another man? There are so many reasons. Then it occurs to Cuddy that perhaps House isn't ready to go public about being with her.

Chase and Hadley play chess in Richardson's bedroom (apparently, he doesn't have a living room) while they wait for the drugs to hopefully take effect. Chase mentions that the drugs they gave him are kind of dangerous, but Hadley says since she hasn't heard him collapse on the floor, she's going to assume he's still "quietly puking" and not dead. Does anyone with food poisoning (or whatever we're supposed to think Richardson has) puke quietly? Hadley reminds us all that she doesn't care what happens to Richardson as long as PPTH has a neurosurgeon, then chides Chase for being too much of a "girl" to make his chess move. And then, because it's all about Hadley, she asks Chase when he's going to lay into her about going to Rome for the Huntington's trial. He says he won't, although he would like to ask her to sleep with him.

You see, Chase has been slowly trying to woo Hadley, but now that she's suddenly leaving tomorrow, he has to take the fast, direct approach. Let's see, how many things are wrong with this? First of all, stop sleeping with your co-workers, Chase. This isn't Grey's Anatomy. Second, don't sleep with your co-worker's ex-girlfriend. Third, stop making Hadley seem like God's gift to everything. The fact that she's attractive shouldn't mean much to Chase by now, seeing as he's known her long enough to know how much her personality sucks. But I guess they have to do this so Hadley's transition into Cameron can be complete. Cameron who? Exactly. Before Hadley can respond, Richardson pops into the room looking and feeling much better. He says he's fit enough to return to PPTH. Also, "that lamp is shiny." The lamp in question is not shiny. Chase assumes Richardson is feeling side effects from the drugs Hadley gave him, one of which was apparently LSD. Hadley doesn't care as long as they get Richardson to PPTH.
    House has a fabulous idea on how to prove to Cuddy that he isn't afraid to go public with their relationship: a sex tape. They can send it to Wilson, who, as we know, has some experience with those. Some noise in the kitchen alerts them to the fact that someone is trying to break in. As if that could be anyone but Wilson. And yet, House is ready to defend himself and his lady with his nearby sword. If the burglar is a breakaway champagne bottle, it had better watch out.

Sure enough, it is Wilson trying to break in. Unfortunately, his pear-shapedness has gotten him stuck halfway through House's window. House greets him by sticking his sword in Wilson's face. Wilson doesn't seem to mind that too much. House decides to enjoy having Wilson stuck in his window and makes himself some tea. Despite his compromising position, Wilson lectures House on his behavior recently, saying that of course it would lead Wilson to assume that he was back on drugs. House begs to differ, saying he's having sex with his girlfriend. For some reason, Wilson doesn't believe him. And so, House assists him into his apartment to prove it. He says that he is not spending the day with a hooker, but with a real girlfriend whose name "begins with 'C' and ends with 'Uddy.'" That could be anyone, from Cathy Buddy to Colleen Fluddy, but Wilson assumes that House is talking about Cuddy. And that he's having more Vicodin hallucinations. House walks him to his bedroom to show her off, only to find it empty. For a second, I thought maybe House was hallucinating again and how that would be kind of cool in that it was unexpected, but also lame since the writers have already done it. Both House and Cuddy's out-of-character behavior would have made more sense that way, though. Anyway, while we wonder what's going on, Wilson holds his "I knew it!" disappointed parent expression for like twenty minutes before we go to a commercial.

After the break, Wilson finishes up his physical exam of House, reporting that everything seems fine. If he's not on Vicodin right now, then, he wants to know why House lied to him about Cuddy. House says he was trying to shut Wilson up, as if that's possible or that claiming he's sleeping with Cuddy would do the trick. Apparently, though, it's enough for Wilson this time, and he offers to hang out with House if he wants company. House says he doesn't, but Wilson doesn't get the hint, saying that House shouldn't be alone after what he went through last night. House says he'll call a hooker over if he feels lonely, and apparently that's consistent enough with how Wilson expects House to behave that he leaves him alone. House finds Cuddy hiding in his closet. So yes, we can assume that she is real and not a hallucination after all. I'm still not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

While Cuddy's assistant watches, Hadley and Taub tend to Richardson in a Clinic room. Richardson sings their praises, as well as those of the fluorescent lights overhead. Cuddy's assistant suspects that Richardson is not up to performing surgery, but Taub (who really should be better at deceiving people) stammers that he's just suffering from high blood sugar and will be fine once they pump him full of fluids. Cuddy's Ass says he'd better be, since the DPH guy will be there in twenty minutes. With that, he runs out of the room, and Taub asks Hadley what Richardson's real problem is. Hadley says Chase is doing labs right now, but their top two candidates are hepatitis and a peptic ulcer. Huh? I had an ulcer once and I don't remember ever feeling awesome or seeing light trails during the weeks I was suffering from it. Although, oddly enough, I did have a conversation with Robert Sean Leonard about whales during that time. Taub finally asks Hadley about her leave of absence. She says she's flying out tomorrow and doesn't know how long she'll be gone. Which is great news, because that means forever is still on the table, right? Hadley expects Taub to discourage her from this, but he says he thinks she should go for every possibility to get better that she can. I agree. Especially since it means her not being on the show for a while.

After the break, Wilson finishes up his physical exam of House, reporting that everything seems fine. If he's not on Vicodin right now, then, he wants to know why House lied to him about Cuddy. House says he was trying to shut Wilson up, as if that's possible or that claiming he's sleeping with Cuddy would do the trick. Apparently, though, it's enough for Wilson this time, and he offers to hang out with House if he wants company. House says he doesn't, but Wilson doesn't get the hint, saying that House shouldn't be alone after what he went through last night. House says he'll call a hooker over if he feels lonely, and apparently that's consistent enough with how Wilson expects House to behave that he leaves him alone. House finds Cuddy hiding in his closet. So yes, we can assume that she is real and not a hallucination after all. I'm still not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

While Cuddy's assistant watches, Hadley and Taub tend to Richardson in a Clinic room. Richardson sings their praises, as well as those of the fluorescent lights overhead. Cuddy's assistant suspects that Richardson is not up to performing surgery, but Taub (who really should be better at deceiving people) stammers that he's just suffering from high blood sugar and will be fine once they pump him full of fluids. Cuddy's Ass says he'd better be, since the DPH guy will be there in twenty minutes. With that, he runs out of the room, and Taub asks Hadley what Richardson's real problem is. Hadley says Chase is doing labs right now, but their top two candidates are hepatitis and a peptic ulcer. Huh? I had an ulcer once and I don't remember ever feeling awesome or seeing light trails during the weeks I was suffering from it. Although, oddly enough, I did have a conversation with Robert Sean Leonard about whales during that time. Taub finally asks Hadley about her leave of absence. She says she's flying out tomorrow and doesn't know how long she'll be gone. Which is great news, because that means forever is still on the table, right? Hadley expects Taub to discourage her from this, but he says he thinks she should go for every possibility to get better that she can. I agree. Especially since it means her not being on the show for a while.

Meanwhile, Cuddy just found a way to turn a fun game of Boggle into another statement about her and House's new relationship. He didn't see the word "love" in there and she did, so now she wants to know why he never told her he loved her after she told him. House turns Cuddy's earlier words against her, saying that he's just trying to let things be "nice" and not over-analyze everything. "Words don't matter. Actions matter," House says. True, although it's always nice to hear "I love you." I don't think it needs to be within the first 24 hours of embarking on a new relationship, though. Especially since at this time yesterday, Cuddy was probably saying "I love you" to Lucas. In the end, House manages to sort of say it to Cuddy by spelling it out in Boggle tiles. He couldn't find a "V" though, so she'll have to make do with "I lobe you." That seems to shut Cuddy up for now, but it's obvious she'll want more soon.

PPTH clears out its ER and ICU under the watchful eye of DPH guy, a.k.a. Mr. No Sense of Humor. Chase reports back to the Cottages that Richardson's labs came back negative for everything they tested him for. Hadley doesn't see why that matters now, seeing as how they weren't able to save PPTH from the evil DPH. Yes, but now Richardson is kind of insane, and that's your fault. So you should probably fix it, as Chase points out, adding that Richardson is once again trying to take his clothes off. While Taub tends to that, Chase remarks that Richardson should be "coming down" by now. Foreman pipes up to say that maybe Richardson's behavior is not from the drugs they gave him, but a symptom of whatever's wrong with him. They're able to rule out environmental causes immediately, since Richardson spent the last five days trapped in PPTH and no one else is sick. Richardson admits that he snuck out to attend a "Seafood Festival at the Convention Center." Well, that can't possibly be a good idea. "We're screwed," Hadley says. She just isn't even trying today. Like, it's almost hostile how little she cares about making Richardson better. Did he personally insult her once or something? Chase tries to narrow it down, asking Richardson what he ate at the festival of food poisoning. "Whatever looked good," he says. Of course, it's Hadley who comes up with the epiphany because she's just that amazing. She asks if he ate any little tiny eggs. "Nummy," Richardson responds. That's a yes. "Toad eggs will cause nausea and they can get you high," she says. THEN WHY SERVE THEM AT A SEAFOOD FESTIVAL. TOADS AREN'T EVEN SEAFOOD. Maybe they should get the DPH guy out of PPTH and over to that stupid festival. Fortunately and conveniently, the antidote to toad egg poisoning is fast-acting and apparently readily available at PPTH.

House and Cuddy are naked in bed again. House has only a laptop covering his crotch. Fortunately, it's a large laptop -- it looks like a 17" Macbook Pro. Unfortunately, certain models have had problems of overheating to the point of burning people in the past. So, watch out, House's crotch! Apparently, Cuddy is telling House about her dream vacation spot. It's in France, though, so ... yuck. Also, she can't remember the name of it. House does, however, as he once noticed that she had a picture of it as her screensaver years ago and stowed that away in his mind. This does not bode well for me if I ever get a boyfriend with a photographic memory and amazing observation skills, as the picture on my laptop is that big grassy hill that comes with Windows XP. It looks nice and all, but I don't think I'd ever want to vacation there.

House has already made travel plans to Mont Saint-Michel -- all Cuddy has to do is click "ok" and they can be in France tomorrow. Incidentally, a quick Wikipedia check on Mont Saint-Michel says its population is just 41, so if House were to go there, he could very well manage to piss off the entire community in less than five minutes. Cuddy says she can't just up and leave. House assumes that she doesn't want to be away from work (where, by the way, you usually can't just announce you'll be on vacation starting tomorrow and not expect to get fired. Same goes for requesting a leave of absence, effective immediately), but Cuddy reminds him that she kind of has a daughter and stuff. Way to think of the kid, Cuddy! It only took you all day to remember that she exists. House says the kid can come too, or be dropped off at Cuddy's mom's house. "This is crazy," Cuddy says. "So you break off your engagement but you won't adjust your schedule," House says, all hurt about the fact that Cuddy doesn't love him enough to abandon her career and daughter. Cuddy says she may not be able to go to France immediately, but they could definitely take a weekend trip in two weeks. Yeah, a weekend trip to Europe. That's simple. I went to England once for a three-day trip, and by the time I was settled in and recovered from jetlag, I basically had to turn around and go back to the airport. Although this was not for a romantic weekend away, but for a funeral, so maybe that's different. Oh, and I got in trouble at work for leaving for a few days on such short notice and I was a Subway Sandwich Artist, which I'm pretty sure is less essential and easier to replace than the Dean of Medicine at a hospital.

Hadley administers the antidote to Richardson. While they're waiting for it to take effect, Foreman apologizes to Hadley for prying into her personal business, then asks if she's going to Rome with someone. "Is that your passive-aggressive way of asking if I'm seeing somebody else?" Hadley asks, because it's all about how desirable she is. Foreman says he just doesn't want her to go through something like this alone, because it must be terrifying. And if Hadley had human emotions, then yes, she probably would be. But she doesn't. He offers to fly over for a few days just so she'll feel like she has a friend around. Man, Lastminutetickettstoeurope.com is getting crazy hits right now from the greater Princeton-Plainsboro area! Hadley says she appreciates Foreman's offer, but declines. They shake hands because they are Friends now. Richardson joins in, because he's awesome.

Cuddy finally gets ready to go home. She gets to the doorknob, and I was hoping that when she opened his front door, Wilson would come tumbling in because he'd been leaning against it listening all this time. Instead, she pauses and looks at House's rather forlorn expression. "What's the problem?" she asks. "This isn't gonna work," he says.

After the break, Cuddy asks what makes House so sure they won't work. Um, how about everything? House says that in time, Cuddy will remember all the horrible things House has done and he'll start doing them again and she'll be forced to admit that he is "an insane choice for someone who has a kid." I don't know about that, actually. I mean, the fact that he realizes that makes him that much better parenting material than Cuddy. He says that soon, she'll realize that being with House was a big mistake. Damn, he probably should have told her all this before she dumped her fiancé.

Dr. Richardson, now fully-clothed and normal, is re-introduced to the DPH guy. "I'm sorry that we met under such trying circumstances. I hope you restore our rating as a Level 1 Trauma Center and re-open the ER and the ICU immediately," he says. Hadley explains that Richardson has been treated for his "accidental poisoning" and is now perfectly capable of working again. DPH guy asks Richardson to perform a few simple tasks to prove his competence and allows Cuddy's Ass to re-open everything. Well, that was easy. Chase says that Cuddy's Ass will be up late tonight getting everything up and running again, and it's his own fault for being a responsible citizen and employee and reporting PPTH to the DPH in the first place. With that, Chase invites Hadley to her own going-away party, as planned by Taub. "I never should have flashed him," Hadley mutters, once again assuming that people only like her because of her physical appearance. Which is probably true. In fact, they're probably only throwing a party for Hadley to celebrate the fact that she's leaving. I know I am. Chase once again extends his invitation to Hadley to have sex with him. She tries to let him down easy again, but he still doesn't get it, so she says "no. No. No no. No." She then asks if that's ever worked. "At least once," he says. He's talking about Cameron, of course, although I believe it was her who offered to have sex with him. Also, aren't we all supposed to forget that she ever existed? Hadley gives Chase a consolation prize hug. She attempts to emote over his shoulder.

And now, after avoiding the Real Issue all day long, Cuddy and House have no choice but to Talk About It. Cuddy decides to make lemonade out of lemons, saying House is just "afraid" because he's "happy." "You just don't expect it to last," she says. "Because it doesn't," he says, knowing the writers of this show so well. "You don't know that," Cuddy says. House again says he's done "horrible things" to Cuddy in the past and is apparently planning on doing them again in the future, and Cuddy is naïve to think he's changed. "I don't want you to change," Cuddy says. She somehow fell in love with who he is, "the most incredible man [she's] ever known." And it ain't like Cuddy's perfect, by the way. At least House is aware of his faults. She kisses him and says she's going home. House holds her hand and says "I love you." And they can both hope and even believe that that will be enough.

Meanwhile, despite the presence of a "Happy Bar Mitzvah, Ephraim" cake, Hadley has not shown up to her going-away party. Does this mean things got mixed up at the cake shop, and poor Ephraim has a cake that says "Happy Experimental Huntington's Trial, Thirteen!" He must be very confused. Foreman says he doesn't think Hadley is going to Rome after all -- he called the hospital there and they had no record of her. And her phone lines have been disconnected. "She's just gone," Foreman says. HOORAY!!! And way to leave on such an asshole note, Hadley, putting PPTH in a bad position by suddenly depriving it of a staff member and causing all of your co-worker friends to worry about you because you love being so mysterious that you won't tell them where you're going.

"It's gonna be great," Cuddy promises House. He smiles and closes the front door in her face. As soon as she's out of his apartment and he's left alone, though, their hopeful smiles fade into worry, leaving them and us with the same question with which we began: now what?

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/...at_2.php?page=1

thanks to greenescrubs

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Diagnosing ‘House’: How Can The Show Heal Itself?

by Sara Bibel
    Sep 30th, 2010 | 7:59 AM |

‘House‘ is in serious condition. Once Fox’s most watched scripted series, this season the show is faltering. The Season 7 premiere’s ratings declined 34% from the sixth season opener (6.1 million viewers versus 4.1 million among Adults 18-49), and this week’s episode was down another 10%, to 3.8 million. It’s a case that’s suited to House himself: Why did the popular, critically acclaimed show take a sudden nosedive?

The obvious explanation is that the audience is disappointed with this season’s focus on the romantic relationship between House (Hugh Laurie) and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein.) After years of simmering sexual tension, they finally slept together in the season premiere. In fact, the majority of the season premiere consisted of two of television’s least sentimental, toughest, most defensive characters cuddling and talking about their feelings. It was pretty much the opposite of why most people, with the possible exception of those who write Huddy fan fiction, tune in to see the show.

Wrote Fancast commenter Katie, “Of all the relationships they teased for House over the six seasons of the show (Cameron, Stacy, Wilson, Cuddy, Cate and Lydia), I thought that Cuddy was the least plausible and the only one which would force House to change who he is in order to put them together. House/Cuddy scenes work when it’s about sex but not when they try to move it to a realistic relationship level even without the purple prose of kissing his scar.While it’s gratifying to see that I was right about this being a huge mess, the cost is the loss of the show I once loved.”

But House has drilled into his residents heads that the obvious explanation is almost always wrong – or at least incomplete. If done right, allowing two characters to act on their sexual tension should not be a show killer. ‘House’ succeeded by following a simple formula: Dr. Gregory House was a modern Sherlock Homes who used his superior intellectual and observational skills to diagnose unusual medical problems. His brilliance allowed him to get away with misanthropic behavior. Each episode focused on a patient with a mysterious ailment, but the show’s chief pleasure came from watching House berate, belittle and mock everyone around him. He got away with it because he really was the smartest person in the room and because the audience was privy to his inner demons, particularly his drug addiction. They are what made him one of the most fascinating characters on television. Unfortunately, they no longer exist.

Last season, House conquered his drug addiction. He went through rehab and became a more functional human being. Granted, this was realistic character growth after six seasons. But it changed House’s personality. Unfortunately, a functional House is a less entertaining House. House’s lack of respect for everyone around him is what made him so interesting.

In this week’s episode, House ended up altering the way he planned to treat a patient out of deference to Cuddy’s wishes. The House that people know and love would not have let his personal life affect the way he does his job. Said commenter Amber, “Silly me for thinking I was watching ‘House,’ a medical procedural centered around a genius diagnostician. I can’t handle all this Huddy pimping.”

The show has also been impacted by a routine TV disease: Changing Supporting Cast Syndrome. Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) was written off the show. Thirteen is out for much of the season due to Olivia Wilde landing several film roles. Kal Penn, who played Kutner, left at the end of Season 5 to work for the White House. A revolving door never helps a long-running series.

As every House fan knows, there is always a way to save the patient. The show can get itself back on track by returning to its roots. House can still terrorize his coworkers even if he is spending every night with Cuddy. In fact, it will make their relationship more interesting if he continues to treat her as a sparring partner at work.

The mysteries on the show used to be surprising and thought-provoking. After seven years, it’s difficult to come up with new ailments, but it is still possible to come up with great puzzles. ‘Law & Order’ has proven it’s possible. The show can experiment with longer medical arcs or more innovative takes on the formula like the classic episode “Three Stories’ which delved into House’s past while remaining focused on the mystery. Bring back Cameron to fill the void left by Thirteen’s departure. Give Huddy the same level of importance that it had before they got together. Their relationship should be a C-storyline, not the main plot of the show.

Finally, there needs to be more focus on the most important relationship in House’s life: his friendship with Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard.) They are the true loves of each other’s lives.

What do you think ‘House’ needs to do to get back on track?

source and vid

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Keck's Exclusives: Amber Tamblyn's in the House

William Keck
    Oct 3, 2010 08:57 PM ET
    by William Keck

With House's Thirteen MIA while Olivia Wilde shoots back-to-back films (she's expected to return to Princeton-Plainsboro before season's end), House has tapped Joan of Arcadia's Amber Tamblyn to fill the void as med student Martha M. Masters. "Considering how horrific House is to doctors, just imagine him being your first mentor," says exec producer Katie Jacobs. "Her first challenge is: Can she stay on House's team?"

It's Cuddy who "insists House hire a woman, because she feels there's way too much testosterone on the team," Lisa Edelstein says. "Cuddy picks Masters and sort of shoves her on House."

Amber's debut in Episode 6 finds Dr. Masters treating an underhanded political campaign manager (Heroes' Jack Coleman), who develops hepatitis C. "I'm the case of the week, so I worked with almost all the doctors, including Amber, who was fantastic," reports Jack. "I think people are going to love and relate to her role — a socially awkward kid who was always a little ahead of everyone else."

Jacobs says it's too soon to pair up Masters romantically, even with randy Dr. Chase (Jesse Spencer). Jesse agrees that they wouldn't be a good match. "She's too uptight for him and too much like what [ex-wife] Cameron [Jennifer Morrison] used to be," he says. "She comes in all wide-eyed and moralistic, and Chase loves watching House devour her. He takes her to the cleaners and it's hilarious."

By the way, Jennifer tells me she wishes Amber good luck in the role. But as for returning to House, Jennifer says she hasn't been in recent contact with anyone from the show. When she left, "they guaranteed me three more episodes — if they write them. So if they do, I'll, of course, make myself available," she says. (No easy task since she's now on CBS' How I Met Your Mother). "But if they decide not to, they still have to pay me."

www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-House-1023936.aspx

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

House - Episode 7.08 -Small Sacrifices - Promotional Pictures

image image image

www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/house-epi...l#ixzz12ELoaLYe

:haha:

7. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

@GregYaitanes you recently said you have the whole season planned, is Jennifer Morrison coming back for an episode?

http://twitter.com/stephmck/status/27474341325

@stephmck not allowed to say.

http://twitter.com/GregYaitanes/status/27474651714

Same old, same old...but he didn't say no...I think she'll be back.

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Tonal transition: Why House is having a creative resurgence in its seventh season

By Cory Barker on November 15th, 2010

In its seventh season, the general consensus on FOX’s House is that it is a series way past its prime, one that’s a shell of its former self and one that’s basically no longer interesting on a week-to-week basis. If you would have asked me, a long-time fan of the series, my opinion on House just last season, I would have said exactly the same thing. In fact, I’ve voice my frustrations with the series multiple times over the past few years, most notably in a my former podcast and this post near the end of season six last spring. I don’t think I was as critical as some of the major critics have been, but I could definitely see where their frustrations stemmed from.

However, as the title of this post suggests — and if you’ve kept up, most of my S7 reviews have noted — I’ve changed my tune on House this season. With this post, I hope to sketch out some of the issues I’ve had with the series in recent seasons and examine why a number of those issues have been expunged throughout the first half-dozen episodes of season seven. Most of these points have been scattered across the aforementioned podcast, blog posts and reviews, but I felt it necessary to compile them all into one overarching argument for your reading pleasure.

Anyway, let’s talk about House.

Tonal transition: Why House is having a creative resurgence in its seventh seasonThe way I see it, the series has had three main periods in its six-plus year life-cycle, each of which have seen the series transition in tone. We all know and love the first period, those first three seasons. At that point,House was an intelligent medical mystery with an extremely strong lead character at its center. It was a procedural in sheep’s clothing in a lot of ways, as Hugh Laurie’s performance as House helped raise the series above the normal medical procedural fare, giving it a presumed air of quality that it rightfully deserved. At that point, House was the glowing beacon for why procedurals weren’t the scourge of television; bad procedurals were the scourge of television. In those first three seasons, the series was sharp, witty and also willing to explore interesting philosophical issues — or at least do so on the surface.

If we go back to the end of the third season, the original team was dismantled, a decision that probably still haunts the creative team to this day. At the time and honestly, now, I still find it to be a daring and partially genius move by David Shore and company. The production team was well aware that House was a procedural with one awesome character, but to continue on at the same rate of success, it needed to present the idea of freshness, the idea of newness. A new team, especially a new team brought together in a reality show-like fashion, was a genius way to keep the series humming along with new characters who could bounce off of House, which is really the most important element of the series. At that point, the series tended to tie its generally interesting patient stories with the team’s lives, to varying results of success. And because of those varying degrees of success, perhaps it made sense to Shore and company to bring in new people to thematically tie to patient stories. In short, of all it was done out of fear of stagnation, and I get that.

Season four served as a transition point between what my self-appointed first and second periods of House‘s life cycle, and in my opinion, is still the most enjoyable to watch back on DVD because of how House reveled in the reality competition for the fellowships. It probably also benefited from being shortened by the WGA strike too, but that’s another matter.

Anyway, season four’s two-part finale, “House’s Head, Wilson’s Heart” is absolutely the series’ best moment, but it also served as the catalyst for the second period in the series’ life cycle and the number of problems that came with that new life cycle. The emotional effectiveness of that finale stemmed from the fact that it destroyed the lives of people we actually cared about in House, Wilson and Amber, but also apparently gave the writers ideas for how to transition the series past just reconfiguring the team.

Thus, when season five arrived, House was much more interested in telling character-centric stories about the members of the team, which then pushed the medical mysteries to the background in a lot of ways. Again, that seems like a smart approach because viewers are eventually going to be bored by the formula because, well, it’s a formula.

However, a few important things were lost in this second era of House. First of all, because the series’ writers had been primarily writing medical mystery procedural stories with occasional beats of character focus, they weren’t really sure how to smoothly transition to an opposite approach. Secondly and similarly, the writers were so used to writing twist-heavy episodes that they began to apply that kind of approach to their character-centric episodes as well, leading to a number of “shocking” moments that existed only to shock and lacked any build-up or much analysis in the aftermath (see: the lack of follow-through on the House-Wilson complications in season five, Chase and Cameron getting married, Chase killing a guy for Cameron, Kutner’s suicide, House’s imagination making up his relationship with Cuddy). And finally, just as the writers decided it was time to focus on the characters, they sidelined the characters they were already familiar with and could write for and replaced them with characters they couldn’t really figure out, so they just applied base tropes to them (One’s a lesbian! One’s a nerd! One’s a cheater!).

Thus, in the second cycle of the series’ life, the writers seemed to think that the only way to tell “character” stories is to make all the people miserable. If you look back at the stories from seasons five and six, things are particularly dark, both in content and even in visual style. The cinematography from S5 and S6 are especially dark, bleak and cold, replacing the generally bright and sleek look from early seasons.

To survive, the writers of House tried to turn the series into a makeshift version of Grey’s Anatomy, but they kept only the pretentious and insufferable parts of the ABC’s formula and forgot to add in the charming, sometimes witty parts. And despite a mostly solid arc for House in S6, the series was generally lost. It had mostly abandoned the idea of telling an interesting medical mystery in favor of melodramatic nonsense between the team-members, but the writers never figured out exactly how to do that either. It was a series without a storytelling identity aside from “Let’s let Hugh Laurie do his thing” and at that point, I don’t blame anyone for jumping ship.

At the end of last season, it didn’t really look like this version of the series was ever going to change. Sure, I really liked the finale “Help Me” and wanted to see House and Cuddy together, but the way in which the series put them together? Ridiculous. The way in which Cameron and Chase got separated? Ridiculous. And the way in which Thirteen left? Out of nowhere, in traditional House fashion.

And yet, as the first six episodes of this season has proved, those decisions ended up changing the series for the better, leading to the third era in House‘s run.

In a lot of ways, this House is a lot like the House we have seen in the past two years, but in a lot of ways, it’s like the House we saw in the first four years as well. The medical mysteries are only slightly better this season, but an improvement is an improvement. But more importantly, something has happened with the writers’ ability to craft nice character stories this season and that’s the primary reason why the series is having a creative resurgence.

I’ve been trying to figure out the reasoning for this change, and I think there are a few. First of all, for whatever reason, this batch of characters really works for the writers. I do think it says something about the staff that they’ve always struggled with writing interesting women and not that there’s really only one woman on the cast, they’ve figured some things out, but stripped of their melodramatic relationships, Chase and Foreman have come alive in a way that reminds me of the earlier seasons. Throw in Taub and there’s this playful, almost frat boy atmosphere between the three of them where the patented House psychoanalysis is mostly playful and harmless. It might make the series feel more like a general procedural where we don’t really discuss these characters’ personal lives, but if the writers can’t figure out how to do those stories, I’m absolutely fine with this approach.

Secondly, I’ll give the writers more credit than that: I think they figured out how to write for their characters more this season, particularly House and Cuddy. If we disregard some of the frustrating things that led to House and Cuddy getting together and just look at how their relationship has been handled this season, it’s been fantastic. From the premiere onward, the series has been serious in its intent to explore how these two screwed up people would make a relationship work, both at home and at the hospital, and the writers have worked in small, but realistic issues into each episode without it seeming too overwhelmingly to the plots of individual episodes. This series has never been interested in exploring long-term relationships aside from the one between House and Wilson, but even when they had problems in S5, the writers got bored with that pretty quickly.

But with House and Cuddy, they’re nailing it. The characters are still acting like themselves, but with slightly different shadings and motivations, just how they would act in the various situations that have come up. House hasn’t been completely neutered and Cuddy hasn’t turned into a ridiculous lovesick idiot either. It’s been both emotionally successful and oftentimes funny to watch these two people figure out a mature relationship when neither of them has really handled it in the past.

Therefore, it feels like a lot of melodramatic weight has been lifted from House. There’s no one on the team or at the hospital that’s particularly miserable — except for Foreman, but he’s always like that — there’s no overly dramatic issues between any of them and thus, things feel breezier and more fun to watch. The medical mysteries are never going to be consistently good again, but they’re fine this year and at least serving some purpose for House, Cuddy and the other team-members. There’s still a focus on the characters, but just in a fun way that emphasizes how they interact with one another, not their melodramatic problems at home.

Listen, I understand why people don’t want to keep watching House after the last two messy seasons and especially if they’re big fans of the medical mysteries. I don’t particularly think the series is as good right now as it was during season two, but House has evolved to something different that is ultimately enjoyable again on a week-to-week basis in a way that it hasn’t been over the past few seasons. If the series is still going to be around, this is the version of it I want to watch and enjoy.

http://www.tvovermind.com/fox/house/tonal-...th-season/38846

9. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    But I’d imagine there must be some fun in not knowing because you get to discover this character as you go.
    LE: Yeah, it is fun. The whole time, it’s been like — I remember when Cameron was in love with House and I was jealous. [Laughs] I was like, “Wait a minute!” I mean, not jealous in a terrible way, but it’s like, “Cameron and House are kissing?” [Laughs] It’s funny, I told Jennifer [Morrison (Cameron)] that and we had a good laugh.

LE complete interview:
    http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/...ice-nomination/

10. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

Olivia Wilde Happy To Be Back To Work On “House”

Fresh from doing promotion for Disney’s ‘Tron: Legacy,’ Olivia Wilde reveals that she’s enjoying being back to work on ‘House.’ That being said, how will Wilde’s film career effect the series in the long run?

When Olivia Wilde’s character Thirteen surprisingly exited House and embarked on a mysterious journey, fans have been when wondering when the numerically-labeled physician would be making her triumphant return to the hit Fox series.

During a press junket for the highly-anticipated Tron: Legacy, Wilde spoke to us about finally returning to the halls of Princeton-Plainsboro.

“Since doing Tron, I’ve been able to go back to House and have [had] a lot of fun doing that.”

Additionally, when asked whether she’ll be back on House for the long run or whether this is just a one-off to wrap up her character’s storyline, Wilde said:

“Oh, yes, I’ll be back on House. I’m blessed to be a part of a show that has allowed me to do these films while doing the show; it’s unusual and they’ve been very gracious.”

A refreshing revelation for House fans, no doubt. With Cameron’s departure from the series, Thirteen was left to battle the ominous cane wielding diagnostician on her own. While Cuddy often helped serve as proverbial backup, there’s nothing like having a strong female character in the room with House, Taub, Chase and Foreman while they’re doing their differentials on the patient of the week.

With the introduction of Amber Tamblyn’s character, Martha Masters, she managed to surprisingly fill many of the character gaps left by Thirteen when she abruptly exited. In the end, Masters proved to be a wonderful addition to the series with the perfect mixture of House and Cuddy all wrapped up in one genius med student.

Of course, while Masters was a terrific character that provided much fodder for House’s cannon and someone that could easily become a permanent member of his team and subsequently the show, her character was socially paralyzed and often failed to emotionally connect with the familiar physicians in the way that Thirteen was able to.

Although, with David Shore being so supportive of Wilde’s constant comings and goings, one has to ask whether the famed creator has given up one of the characteristics that he has stood by since the series beginning.

When Jennifer Morrison was leaving House, she stated that Shore has always been very true to the writing of the characters and what he believes them to be. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that Shore has lost any creative credibility, but when someone who writes what’s true to the character is met with filming schedules from Tron: Legacy and Cowboys & Aliens, that doesn’t exactly lend itself to fit within those creative boundaries of being able to tell the true story of those characters’ journeys.

Ultimately, as always, you either work with it, or…. there’s a mysterious suicide all of a sudden because one of your actors decided that he wanted to work at the White House, only to quit after several months. Weird.

While no specific date has been announced for Thirteen’s return, with Wilde currently back on set, one can estimate that you’ll be seeing her on House sometime in January/February.

http://screenrant.com/olivia-wilde-returns...ouse-aco-89016/

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'm not sure it's the right place:

House Season 7, Episode 8, "Small Sacrifices"
    By M.L. Costa
    Published Nov 23, 2010

On Monday November 22, 2010, Fox aired the eighth episode of the seventh season of its hit medical series, House.

The episode, entitled “Small Sacrifices,” focuses on a patient, who believes that annually reenacting the crucifixion has miraculously saved his young daughter from cancer.

Of course, this awakens Dr. House’s very verbal anti-religious zealousness, and when the patient refuses the treatment that will save his life because it is religiously controversial, House tricks the patient in allowing the team to proceed with the treatment.

Meanwhile, the hospital staff also prepares to attend the wedding of their overall boss, where Wilson intends to ask his first ex-wife to remarry him, despite House’s objections.

Taub is unnecessarily worried that his wife is having a love affair. He soon discovers that she has joined an online support group for the spouses of cheaters, where she has made a new friend, but since she is confiding in the new friend things that she does not feel comfortable to share with Taub, he still feels that she is cheating.

House’s own romantic relationship with Cuddy is jeopardized by crawling and a battle about honesty. Wilson advises House to apologize, even if he does not mean it. Following an enlightening conversation with his patient, House does apologize to Cuddy, but he later claims to Wilson that he was lying by apologizing.

The underlying themes explored in the episode are trust and the nature of faith.

Cast of House Season 7, Episode 8, “Small Sacrifices”

Hugh Laurie stars as the title character of Dr. Gregory House, and Lisa Edlestein stars as his love interest, Dr. Lisa Cuddy.

Robert Sean Leonard portrays House’s longtime friend, colleague, and sometimes enabler, Dr. James Wilson, and Omar Epps, Jesse Spencer, and Peter Jacobson play the members of House’s regular medical team.

During the absence of Olivia Wilde, Amber Tamblyn has also joined cast depicting the medical team.

Kuno Becker appears as the patient, Jennifer Crystal Foley appears as Mrs. Taub, and Cynthia Watros appears as Wilson’s former wife, Dr. Samantha Carr.

The series has always waded in the waters of debating faith and religion, and the series has consistently explored the subject interestingly.

It is unusual for a modern American television series to continually respectfully and entertainingly debate this subject, and House is commendable for how it handles the matter as a consistent theme within the other well-interwoven aspects of the characters and storylines.

However, while House is still superior to average, the scripts and plots have marginally declined from the series’ earlier cleverness and insightfulness. It is unsurprising that after several seasons, it must be more difficult to produce new and interesting material, but the series is increasingly utilizing obvious, cheap, or simply ineffective filling material that is beneath the genius of the show.

The multi-talented Hugh Laurie and the other regular cast members continue to give very good performances, and Amber Tamblyn shows potential. However, the absence of Jennifer Morrison is still noticeably unfortunate.

Nonetheless, with seemingly no prospect of Morrison returning to the series, Tamblyn is more effective as part of the team than Olivia Wilde was as Thirteen. As a character, Thirteen could have been interesting, but the series made the mistake of allowing the character to either drag-down or overshadow the well-balanced group dynamic that assisted in keeping all the episodes, characters, and storylines intriguing.

Sadly, Wilde is expected to return to the series, but her boring character’s absence has only improved the series.

www.suite101.com/content/house-seas...rifices-a312601

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Edelstein 'wants all-female House ep'

Monday, December 20 2010, 15:46 GMT
    By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

House star Lisa Edelstein has admitted that she would like to feature in an all-female edition of the show.

In an interview with Movieline, the actress complained that she rarely films scenes alongside her female co-stars.

"The women of House never get to spend that much time together," she said. "I don't know [why] but I've had very few scenes with [former star] Jennifer Morrison, very few scenes with Olivia [Wilde] and now very few scenes with Amber [Tamblyn]."

Edelstein suggested that an episode focusing solely on the medical drama's female characters "would be amazing".

Discussing her newest co-star Tamblyn, she added: "Amber is amazing and has been acting since she was about an inch [tall]. She is very confident and witty and intelligent. She is a blast to be around and a perfect addition to the cast."

She also claimed that "it was time" to explore House and Cuddy's romantic relationship in the show's current seventh season.

"I don't think our show is about House and Cuddy," she argued. "It is about House and his trials and tribulations, and his inability to cope while having an incredible ability to solve problems. Giving him a relationship is an important part of that journey and this one has been building for many years."

House returns to Fox on January 17.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s58/house...e-house-ep.html

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

HOUSE Creator David Shore Talks Huddy, 13 and Cameron

January 17, 2011 by Marisa Roffman

After a painfully long winter break, HOUSE is finally back!

Tonight’s episode introduces fans to Cuddy’s mother (played by Candice Bergen) and you can just imagine how well House handles that. And yes, this is the episode that features the infamous dinner scene Lisa Edelstein (Cuddy) teased late last year.

I caught up with HOUSE creator David Shore and we chatted about the future of House-Cuddy, 13′s return and if we might see Jennifer Morrison’s Cameron reappear.

Take a look…

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzT0FBf3OeE

David Shore talks about Jennifer Morrison and her (not) return in House for this moment at minute 1,27

www.givememyremote.com/remote/2011/...13-and-cameron/

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Question: Is there any possibility of Jennifer Morrison returning to House this season? —Isabela
    Ausiello: The possibility definitely exists, but Shore says there’s “nothing in the works at this time.”

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/ask-ausiello...lee-true-blood/

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TWoP 10: Actors Who Should Return to Their Shows

by Angel Cohn February 18, 2011 6:08 AM

The internet recently went wild with the news that Michael Rosenbaum (a.k.a. Lex Luthor) would be returning to Smallville for the season finale. Now, for the first time in years, we're genuinely excited about an episode of that show. So with that in mind, we got to thinking about some other actors and actresses who we wish would find their way back to their former series for at least a guest appearance, even if they've already moved on to new roles.

10. Joe Manganiello, How I Met Your Mother
    He's currently giving a hair-raising performance as Alcide on True Blood, but that's a summer show and we need a year-round Manganiello fix. Particularly since this former pal of Marshall's was one of the few friends outside the regular group we actually liked. Hey, he even took a punch in the face from Barney! If he can survive that, a return trip to MacLaren's should be no problem.

9. Mandy Patinkin, Criminal Minds
    When last we saw Patinkin's Jason Gideon, he had taken off after a tough case, leaving his badge at a cabin. It's been years since then, so he should be done with his soul-searching or whatnot by now. Let him come back so we can at least get some resolution on what happened with the character. Or bring him back for a tough case that only he can crack.

8. Jennifer Morrison, House
    We haven't seen Cameron since she returned to Princeton-Plainsboro to get her divorce papers signed by Chase (and subsequently had some breakup sex with him) and that's a shame. Perhaps some hospital higher-up will finally see how wildly inappropriate House and Cuddy's relationship is and hire back Cameron to take over Cuddy's job, especially now that she's got more backbone than when she temporarily took the gig the first time.

7. Yin Chang, Gossip Girl
    Much as we'd love to see the crazypants known as Georgina Sparks again, we most desperately miss Nelly Yuki. Could she get a job at W and make Blair's life a nightmare? Or something? Anything? This show is in desperate need of an injection of some truly cliquey behavior. It's been a while.

6. Stephen Tobolowsky, Glee Sandy Ryerson sure was fun -- until they completely forgot about this possible child molester/avid shopper/musical theater maniac/drug dealer. So much potential, and we're still curious about exactly why he was in Rachel's "Run, Joey, Run" video. What's the story there?

5. Eric Millegan, Bones
    Zack's technically still institutionalized after that whole accessory-to-murder thing that baffled us and mostly soured us on the entire show. But every once and a while, he pops up in a flashback or in a fantasy sequence. We'd like to see some more of that so we can remember Zack as a sweet guy instead of as a serial killer's right hand man.

4. Dean Winters, 30 Rock
    Because you can never get enough of New York's last beeper salesman. He's gross, kind of a mess and a complete manchild. We're still not sure why Liz Lemon doesn't think that qualifies as good dating material.

3. Paula Abdul, American Idol
    Live to Dance is presumably dead, so Paula needs something to before she starts collecting MC Skat Kats and giving them all cute names and ending up on Celebrity Animal Hoarders or something. Let her come back to Idol as a guest judge, because while it was disgusting to see her and Simon playfight, it would be a whole new level of horrifying to watch her in a diva-off with J.Lo while trying to flirt with Steven Tyler. And by horrifying, we mean awesome. (No, she's not officially an "actor" like everyone else on this list, but we would like to think that her on-screen persona is at least a little exaggerated. For her sake and ours.)

2. Dana Delany , Desperate Housewives
    Katherine Mayfair was possibly one of the best things to happen to this show in a long time and, of course, just when things got interesting, she up and moved off Wisteria Lane. Her ostensible reason was that she was running away with her lesbian stripper girlfriend Robin, but really, she left for Paris because she was afraid of the judgmental Housewives. Hopefully, by now she's learned to stand up to those bitches and can come back.

1. Bryan Batt, Mad Men
    God, we miss Mr. Salvatore Romano. When he was fired from Sterling Cooper for not having sex with a client, it really sucked all around. We wish that he and his adorable little beard of a wife could find a way to return to the show so they can host many more intensely awkward dinner parties. Perhaps Sal could get a job at another agency and have a run-in with Don? Or maybe he could crash Don's sure-to-be horrible wedding.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/telef...should-retu.php

48 replies since 18/5/2010, 07:29   3353 views