How I met your mother and House are direct competitors

www.youtube.com/watch?v=otEHfdjiPUY

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

* How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.01 - Big Days - Monday, September 20

- Press Release:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    TED RUNS INTO AN OLD FLAME WITH WHOM THINGS DIDN'T END WELL, ON THE SIXTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, SEPT. 20

Rachel Bilson ("The OC") Returns as Cindy

"Big Days" — When Ted and Barney argue about who has "dibs" on a hot girl, Ted realizes that she is there with Cindy, a girl he previously dated who is also the roommate of his future wife. Meanwhile, Robin is heartbroken over Don, and Marshall can't keep quiet about his desire to start a family, on the sixth season premiere of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Sept. 20 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Rachel Bilson ("The OC") returns as Cindy, Ted’s former flame and the roommate of his future wife.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted Josh Radnor
    Marshall Jason Segel
    Barney Neil Patrick Harris
    Lily Alyson Hannigan
    Robin Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST

Narrator Bob Saget
    Marvin Sr. Bill Fagerbakke
    Daughter Lyndsy Fonseca
    Son David Henrie

GUEST CAST:
    Cindy Rachel Bilson
    Girl Kaylee Anne Defer
    Delivery Guy Michael Edwin
    Co-worker #1 Peter Katona
    Co-worker #2 Brian Jones
    Co-worker #3 James Ryen
    Guy Daniel Kash
    Bob Lou George
    Gertrude Bette Rae
    Bill Aaron Takahashi

WRITTEN BY: Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, co-creators and executive producers
    DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/how-i-met...l#ixzz0zKLM28hf

* How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.02 - Cleaning House - Monday, September 27

- Press Release:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    BARNEY LEARNS THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS FATHER WHEN HE HELPS HIS MOTHER PACK UP HIS CHILDHOOD HOME, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, SEPT. 27

Wayne Brady ("Lets Make a Deal") Returns as James;
    Frances Conroy ("Six Feet Under") Returns as Loretta;
    And Tony Award Winner Ben Vereen Guest Stars as Sam

"Cleaning House" — When Barney convinces the gang to help his mom move out of her home, they quickly learn that she has been very protective of Barney and lied to him about events throughout his life. Meanwhile, Ted gets upset when Robin oversells him to a blind date, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Sept. 27 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Wayne Brady ("Lets Make a Deal") returns as Barney's brother, James; and Frances Conroy ("Six Feet Under") returns as Barney's mother, Loretta. Tony Award winner Ben Vereen guest stars as Sam.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Ted Josh Radnor
    Marshall Jason Segel
    Barney Neil Patrick Harris
    Lily Alyson Hannigan
    Robin Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST
    Narrator Bob Saget
    James. Wayne Brady
    Loretta Frances Conroy

GUEST CAST:
    Sam Ben Vereen
    Doctor Paul Schackman
    Young Barney Riley Thomas Stewart
    Post Master General Michael Earl Reid
    Coach David Haley

WRITTEN BY: Stephen Lloyd

www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/how-i-met...l#ixzz0zKJmgsWV

* How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.03 - Unfinished - Monday, October 4

- Press Release:
    SPOILER (click to view)
    BARNEY TRIES HIS BEST SEDUCTION MOVES ON TED TO TRY AND CONVINCE HIM TO TAKE A JOB, ON “HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER,” MONDAY, OCT. 4

“Unfinished” – When Ted declines Barney’s offer to design the new GNB building, Barney ties to woo him by using all of his best womanizing tactics. Meanwhile, Robin is still not over her relationship with Don and drunk dials him, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Oct. 4 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Ted………………………………………. Josh Radnor
    Marshall…………………………………. Jason Segel
    Barney………………………….. Neil Patrick Harris
    Lily…………………………………. Alyson Hannigan
    Robin ………………………………. Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST
    Narrator…………………………………… Bob Saget

GUEST CAST:
    Rachel……………………………. Tara Erica Moore
    Chrissy………………………………. Malea Mitchell
    7-year-old Clint Eastwood…………….. Jude Will
    16-year-old Clint Eastwood…… James Lanham

WRITTEN BY: Jamie Rhonheimer

GENRE: COMEDY

www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/how-i-met...l#ixzz0zKJGuMg7

* How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.04 - Subway Wars - Monday, October ???

- Press Release: ???

www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/how-i-met...l#ixzz0zKNufL8N

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Has HIMYM Found "The Mother?"
    Jennifer Morrison Joins the Cast as "biggest female character"

Amy Goodman

Jennifer Morrison is joining How I Met Your Mother.

Michael Ausiello reported that Morrison will join the cast as Ted’s new love interest, Zooey. Zooey is described as, “a rabble-rousing activist who’s hellbent on saving the Arcadian, an old New York hotel that’s scheduled to be torn down to make way for the Goliath National Bank tower- which Ted just so happens to be designing.”

Executive producer Craig Thomas says Morrison’s character is, “the biggest female character we’ve maybe ever added to the show in Ted’s life. This is a big arc- a huge arc. It’s going to be a little less date-of-the-week for Ted, which season 5 was.” Executive Producer Carter Bays says, “This is going to be a big saga for Ted. [It’s] going to be a big overarching story that will take Ted on a journey that we’re really excited about.”

While there has been no actual confirmation that Morrison will be the “Mother” in How I Met Your Mother, Thomas does say that season 6 is getting back, “to the fact that Ted is the “I” in How I Met Your Mother. There’s going to be a huge push forward for Ted on that search.”

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/has-hi..._medium=twitter

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    himymprod

Happy Monday, all! Just started production on #HIMYM 605 - Table Read with @jenmorrisonlive! She's feisty, Ted - you'd better watch out!!
    5 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/himymprod/status/24405845361

:please:

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother': 5 things to know about the Season 6 premiere

By Mikey O'Connell
    September 13, 2010 1:55 PM ET

SPOILER (click to view)
    "How I Met Your Mother's" new season kicks off Sept. 20, and, as expected, we can confirm there's a wedding in the first episode back.

And though we can't spill on the identity of the groom -- and couldn't tell you about the bride if we wanted to -- we can say that "Big Days" lives up to its title. Ted (Josh Radner) inches closer to his mate in two of the series' different time-lines.

So what can be dished on the episode without walking all over the code of spoilers? Let's break it down by character:

Ted: The episode does show a "big day" in our protagonists' life, but it's not the one you're probably expecting. "HIMYM" goes out of its way in the flashbacks and flash-forwards to keep two huge revelations a secret until the very end. (Though, we have note that when all is said and done, the mother count is still at "0.")

Robin: In Robin's (Cobie Smulders) grubby grief over Don, she warns Ted that her recovery time will likely include aggressive solicitations for sex -- which seems like a red herring planted to distract from a bigger development planned for Scherbatsky and another ex.

Marshall: Telling his father, and everyone in Manhattan, about his plans to conceive a child abruptly halts Marshall's (Jason Segel) scheduled coupling with his wife, which wouldn't be such a bad thing if he hadn't been abstaining from a certain practice for over two weeks.

Lily: This isn't a casual baby-making. Lily (Alyson Hannigan) has a regimented schedule so the couple can get pregnant ASAP, and, oddly enough, it involves banjo music.

Barney: It's Marshall's close relationship with his father that triggers Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) longing for a dad of his own, hinting that the paternal investigation will likely continue after the second episode's confrontation with Mrs. Stinson.

If the latter character tidbits seem less intriguing than Ted's, there's a reason for that. The series is definitely going back to its original concept. After long arcs focusing on Marshall and Lily and Barney and Robin, expect a Ted-centric Season 6 -- or start taking it all in now with this new clip.

http://www.zap2it.com/videobeta/16212fe1-f...ason-6-premiere

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ho fatto un po' (un bel pò a dirla tutta) di full immersion in HIMYM e così sono andata a leggermi che cosa è stato detto sulla MADRE e ho trovato un blog che ha fatto al caso mio:

CITAZIONE

How I Met Your Mother Theories – Tracey, Yellow Umbrella, and more

In honor of the upcoming finale and the promise that the show’s title will be addressed I think it’s worth rehashing some of the popular theories to see which are viable, which are debunked, and what we actually think is going to happen.

Much of this data is gathered from the great How I Met Your Mother FAQ on IMDB.
    The Tracy Theory

The “Tracy Theory” is based on the concluding scene of the Season 1 episode “Belly Full of Turkey,” where Ted meets a stripper who introduces herself as “Tracy,” upon which Future Ted’s narration chimes in, “and that, kids, is how I met your mother.” The kids react with shock, and Future Ted quickly reveals he’s kidding.

Fan consensus, however, is that there’s nothing that definitively establishes the mother’s name as Tracy, and the “Tracy Theory” is typically disregarded:

* We know what we see and hear on the screen isn’t necessarily what Future Ted tells verbatim to his kids, unless we actually hear Future Ted say it (one example: Ted and Victoria’s last day together in “Cupcake”). In other words, just because we heard the stripper say “I’m Tracy,” doesn’t mean that Future Ted told his kids, “She said her name was Tracy.”
    * The kids’ shocked reaction in that scene would’ve happened regardless of whether Future Ted mentioned the mother’s real name or not. Future Ted defused the situation before the kids might’ve uttered something like “but her name’s not Tracy!”
    * Considering the series’ previous “contingency mothers” (people who would’ve been the mother had the show been canceled at particular times) were Victoria and possibly Stella, the creators are certainly open to a mother who wasn’t named Tracy.

So while there’s no ruling out “Tracy,” there’s nothing definitive about it either.

Christine Scott Bennett is to blame for this theory gaining popularity lately. She has been cast as a woman named Tracey in the season four finale “The Leap”. Is this a hint toward the mom? Are the writers aware of the fan theories and just messing with us? What do you think?
    St. Patrick’s Day Theory aka “Bump Girl”

“Bump Girl” is the nickname fans have given to the character played by Nicole Muirbrook Wagner in the third season episode “No Tomorrow.” Her entire scene amounts to Ted accidentally bumping into her while walking through a nightclub, Ted briefly apologizing and her graciously dismissing him. This was discussed immediately after the episode when fans, myself among them, noticed this girl.

Because Ted earlier notes that the Mother was in the nightclub that night but that he didn’t meet her, some casual fans have jumped on the theory that since the scene is pointless otherwise, Bump Girl must be the mother.

However, most of the more seasoned fans have come to the consensus that Bump Girl is simply a red herring; HIMYM has a recurring habit of subverting fiction tropes, often tied in to Future Ted’s recurring theme of “that’s not how it is in real life.” In real life, people don’t get over a broken heart overnight right after a seemingly healing epiphany; in real life, people don’t triumphantly push a dead Fiero to 200,000 miles; in real life, friends don’t always do the smart and thoughtful thing and tell their friends that purchasing an expensive apartment despite a horrendous interest rate and huge credit card debt is a stupid thing to do.

The trope that “Bump Girl” is riffing on is that of The Conservation of Information, also known as “Chekhov’s Gun“–you don’t show something if it’s not important. The writers are aware of this, and know that sparking a discussion is always a plus when it comes to the show. Bump Girl was thrown in to inspire that discussion, but one needs to keep in mind that “that’s not how it happens in real life,” and while she’s not technically ruled out as a candidate for “Mother,” knowing the life lessons HIMYM puts forward, it’s not a path that the writers are likely to pursue.

Stella saying she was at a St. Patrick’s Day party only contributes to this theory considering her inclusion in the general storyline surrounding the yellow umbrella (which Ted picked up from the bar after that party.)
    Is Robin/Victoria/Wendy the Waitress/Coat-check girl the mother?

No.

Really, no.

As for Robin, we learned it in episode one. “That’s how I met, your aunt Robin.” Radnor and Smulders chemistry is so good that fans have kept trying to figure out ways to justify her being the mother.

No, “Aunt Robin” doesn’t necessarily mean he’s married to Robin’s sister. Future Ted also refers to “Uncle Barney,” “Uncle Marshall,” and “Aunt Lily,” meaning that his kids employ the custom of referring to their father’s close friends as “aunts” and “uncles.”

Further proof that Robin is not the mother is in “Something Blue,” where Future Ted’s closing narration not only establishes that he had not yet met the mother at the time of Marshall and Lily’s wedding, but also that Robin and the mother are two separate people.

In “No Tomorrow,” Ted and Barney go to a club where (Future Ted tells us) the mother is attending the same St. Patrick’s Day party; Robin spends that same night with Marshall and Lily.

As for other girls from past episodes of the show, it’s not possible.

* At the end of “Lucky Penny,” Future Ted wraps up the story by saying that the firm he was interviewing for hired someone else, and that person had to move to Chicago three months later. He points out: “Kids, funny thing about destiny; I thought I was destined to get that job. But I was wrong. My destiny was to stay in New York. Because if I hadn’t, I never would’ve met your mother.” Aside from strongly suggesting that he meets the mother in New York, it clearly means that he had not yet, at the time of “Lucky Penny” (and some window of time afterwards, prior to when he would have moved to Chicago) met the mother.
    * At the end of “Something Blue,” Future Ted closes the story with this revelation of his and Robin’s futures: “And as hard as it was at the time, in the end we both got what we wanted. She did eventually go on to live in Argentina, and Morocco, Greece, Russia, even Japan for a little while. And I? Well, I met your mom.”

So anyone Ted can be construed to have “met” before the events of “Something Blue” can be definitively ruled out as the mother, including Victoria, the coat check girl, the Slutty Pumpkin, Wendy the Waitress, Trudy, and most other female characters Ted has personally significantly interacted with from Seasons 1 and 2.

There are, of course, subsequent statements that nonetheless establish Ted as not having met the mother yet:

* “No Tomorrow” – Future Ted makes a point of the fact that he learned years later that the mother attended the same St. Patrick’s Day 2008 party that he did, but did not meet her there.
    * “The Three Days Rule” – after telling the story of how things with Holli went, Ted mentions that when he met the mother, he didn’t hesitate to call her back as soon as he got her number, strongly implying that this event has not happened yet in the timeline.
    * “Right Place, Right Time” – Ted implies that the sequence of events that lead to his running into Stella “changed his life forever,” further implying that these events were crucial to his meeting the mother (and that Stella is going to be a key factor in this path). Take that all together and it means he hasn’t met the mother yet.

Finally

Carter has said in phone interviews that the reveal of the mother will not take advantage of a loop hole or clever twist. That promise further debunks many of the above theories.

http://have-you-met-ted.com/2009/how-i-met...rella-and-more/

... ricapitolando:
    1 - Al momento attuale Ted ha solamente visto i piedi/caviglie della Mother (è stato il momento in cui lui le è stato più vicino.
    2 - Lei ha già visto lui (considerandolo un idiota) quando sbagliò aula.
    3 - Erano alla stessa festa di St. Patrick, ma lui lo seppe solo anni dopo
    4 - Ted prese l'ombrello giallo della Mother per ripararsi dalla pioggia dopo il party di St. Patrick.
    5 - La Mother riottiene il suo ombrello poco dopo che Ted vede i suoi piedi/caviglie.
    6 - A detta di Cindy, compagna di stanza della Mother, tutti si innamorano della Mother tanto che lei soffre di un complesso di inferiorità.
    7 - La Mother suona il basso (cosa che Ted ha sempre desiderato facesse la sua compagna per la vita) e suona in una band
    8 - La Mother dipinge un unico soggetto: dei robot che fanno sport (acquerello di robot che fa pallavolo è nel soggiorno del Ted del futuro)
    9 - La Mother fa cantare colonne sonore ai dolci della colazione (tema di Cats cantato da un muffin ... è amata dal Ted del futuro).
    10 - La Mother ascolta i The Unicorns (che piacciono a Ted)
    11 - La Mother legge T. C. Boyle
    12 - L'autobus giallo alle spalle dei figli di Ted che si trova nell'appartamento di Cindy è ... ovviamente della Mother.
    13 - Non appena Ted ha avuto il numero della Mother, l'ha chiamata (non seguendo la regola dei tre giorni).

... altro??? Non ho trovato i riferimenti ai capelli come ha detto Vitto, ma posso essermi persa qualcosa ... suggerimenti?

7. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    The table read for HIMYM was great! I am very lucky to be a part of this show!
    about 5 hours ago via ÜberTwitter Retweeted by 17 people
    http://twitter.com/jenmorrisonlive/status/24436220685

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    jenmorrisonlive

I am loving HIMYM! I think you guys will like it! Its a great character and the cast and crew and everyone there is amazing!
    7 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

http://twitter.com/jenmorrisonlive/status/24585606784

9. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

the title of her first episode (6x05): "Architect of Destruction"

source

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

WOW!!! it's the title of Jennifer's episode!

thanks a lot

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Everyone's talking about Jennifer Morrison's debut on How I Met Your Mother's fifth episode as a love interest for Ted (Josh Radnor), but someone else in that episode is finding love too. Big love, you could say.

Robin (Cobie Smulders) will meet a man named Max (as in Maximum), played by familiar TV face Geoff Stults (Happy Town, October Road, 7th Heaven). Here's what Cobie told me about Geoff's character: "He's very well endowed. She shares that with her friends and I believe the word 'gherkin' might be used."

What a pickle! But is that what ruins their date? Well, you know what they say about too much of a good thing...

source

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Question: I know TPTB on How I Met Your Mother have said that season 6 is going to be more Ted-centric, but do you think there is even the slightest glimmer of hope for Barney and Robin? —Jessica
    Ausiello: “No comment,” responds exec producer Craig Thomas. Adds fellow EP Carter Bays: “We can’t say one way or the other. But we, like everyone, love them together. There is chemistry there that is undeniable.”

source

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE

LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 16: Jason Segel, Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders and Alyson Hannigan arrive at the CBS Fall Season premiere party on September 16, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    himymprod

Holy moly, it's Friday! Last day filming episode 5, episode 6 Table Read was this morning...and only 3 DAYS LEFT until we premiere!!
    2 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/himymprod/status/24780274346

15. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

the girls are both wondeful, so sorry that JMO missed the first chance to appear near to her new coworkers... but we can wait a bit more :D

485 replies since 10/9/2010, 01:46   22266 views