Once Upon a Time 1st season Spoiler Free

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ABC exec: 'Once Upon A Time similar to Lost'

Tuesday, May 17 2011, 15:33 BST
    By Catriona Wightman

ABC's president Paul Lee has suggested that there are some similarities between the network's new show Once Upon A Time and Lost.

Once Upon A Time stars Jennifer Morrison as Anna, a young woman with a troubled past who moves to a small town where the magic of fairytales appears to be real.

Speaking at a press conference after the release of ABC's 2011-2012 schedule, Lee explained that he was impressed by the "power of the storytelling" in the show.

"We have a story here with Once Upon A Time that was brought in by the writers of Lost that was simply so ambitious and so interesting," he said. "It's completely unlike Lost but in some ways it's like Lost.

"It's about a group of people that are trapped - Lost was an island and this is a small town in Maine. And the sort of flashbacks that Lost used to have. This flashes back to the fantasy world that they came from."

However, Lee explained that "the power of the pilot" was what ensured Once Upon A Time's spot in the schedules.

"Strategically we thought at the beginning, 'These are times when fairytales play strongly, when monsters play strongly, when yearning for the glory days plays strongly and [another new show] Pan Am plays into that'," he said. "But what really gets it onto the schedules is, 'Watch the pilot'. Because that pilot is so powerful. What's clever about it is I think you can get an idea of the strength of the fairytale world in there - just beautifully realised - but the modern day is full of deep emotion. It's really a story about a mother whose son finds her and just a really moving plot."

Morrison has previously described the project as "very special".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a320...ar-to-lost.html

2. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

The truth is that the trailer looks amazing, I don't know why but it reminded me a bit of an old series called "American Gothic", it only run for 1 season, but it had potential. I mean there's something dark in the air and you can smell it. I just don't see the similarities with Lost

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Can 'Once Upon a Time' compare to 'Lost'? ABC's ambitious new drama

By Carina Adly MacKenzie

At the 2010 Upfront presentation, ABC invited "Lost" alum Matthew Fox on stage to introduce two dramas that it referred to as "event television," suggesting that they would fill the space left behind by the beloved island castaways.

Those two dramas were "My Generation," which was canceled after two episodes, and "No Ordinary Family," which was not picked up for a second season.

Oops?

At this year's 2011 Upfront press conference on May 17, ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee once again made the "Lost" comparison - this time with "Once Upon a Time," an ambitious new drama starring Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin.

The series will tell the story of Emma Swan (Morrison), a rough-edged bail bonds collector who is sought out by Henry, the son she gave up ten years ago. When they return to his home of Storybrooke, Maine, he tells her that he believes she comes from an alternate universe where she is actually the missing daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming.

"It's a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close; where fairytale characters are alive, though they don't remember who they once were," reads the press release. "The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell."

"We had a story there with 'Once Upon a Time' that was brought in by the writers of 'Lost,' that was simply so ambitious and so interesting," Lee says of his decision to pick up the show. "It's completely unlike 'Lost,' but in some ways it's like 'Lost,' because it's about a group of people who are trapped. In 'Lost's' case, it's an island, in this case, it's in a small town in Maine. And the sort of flashbacks that 'Lost' used to have - in this case, they're flashing back to the fantasy world that they came from."

We'll see the characters both in their modern setting, where the story will revolve around Emma's reconnection with her son, and in the fairy tale realm, which Lee describes as a "powerful cinematic world."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...-new-drama.html

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

I really, really like the Jennifer's outfit but ... isn't it too much similar to that Tom Welling? same costume designer?

5. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (briteen @ 17/5/2011, 15:12) 
    Here’s the fall lineup:

SUNDAY:
    7:00 p.m. “America’s Funniest Home Videos”
    8:00 p.m. “Once Upon a Time”
    9:00 p.m. “Desperate Housewives”
    10:00 p.m. “Pan Am”

Source: EW

I don't know about this time slot. Early on Sunday nights is better than later, I think. A potential problem, though: OUAT will have to go up against a CBS powerhouse – THE AMAZING RACE. :unsure:

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

@anthonyocasio
    Skipping around different pilots. Jennifer Morrison is kicking some butt in ABC's Once Upon A Time.

http://twitter.com/anthonyocasio/status/70968966973095936

7. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 18/5/2011, 02:03) 
    I really, really like the Jennifer's outfit but ... isn't it too much similar to that Tom Welling? same costume designer?

I can understand the similarity....One is a SUPERWOMAN, two is a SUPERMAN. ;)

8. Sky_Angel
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jane Espenson and Liz Tegelaar Join ABC Fairy Tale Drama ONCE UPON A TIME
    by Brendan Bettinger

Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (Lost) are talented men. But with the fairy tale drama Once Upon a Time, they’re tackling an ambitious premise that revolves around a young female heroine (Jennifer Morrison), so any help from fellow talent is welcome. According to THR, ABC has wisely hired Jane Espenson and Liz Tigelaar as producers the drama. With credits on Torchwood, Game of Thrones, Battlestar Galactica, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Espenson is the go-to girl for genre fare. Terrific hire — Espenson will be a co-executive producer.

Tigelaar’s resume — Life Unexpected, Brothers and Sisters, What About Brian — isn’t quite as impressive to geeks. But she has the experience to inject some heart into a series which could easily fall into the trap of cold, calculated mythology. I’m always in favor of casting a strong female role at the center of a series — this works better when you support the actress with a few strong female voices behind the camera.

Ginnifer Goodwin, Robert Carlyle, and Josh Dallas also star. Read the official synopsis for Once Upon a Time after the jump.

source: http://collider.com/jane-espenson-liz-tege...n-a-time/93929/

Sounds like the show is in capable hands. :)

9. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

BTVS and BSG fans like me love Miss Espenson :heart: she's a great writer!

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    On Thursday 2nd June 2011, @jenmorrisonlive said:

RT @CTV_Television: Imagine finding out you're the daughter of Snow White & Prince Charming. @jenmorrisonlive is just that in CTV's #ONCEUPONATIME #CTVUpfront

www.twitlonger.com/show/arq0cb

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Filming Start Dates - Various Shows

The Finder - 15th August - TBA
    Eureka - April 7th - August 31st
    Psych - March 25th - Sept 30th
    Once Upon a Time - July 19th - TBA
    Secret Circle - July 18th - TBA
    Sanctuary - March 1st - 1st August
    Supernatural - July 6th - March 21st 2012

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/filming-s...ious-shows.html

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    @Aleki77
    @leearenberg Hello :D How are you? when are going to begin the shooting of #onceuponatime ? and where? in #Vancouver?
    2 hours ago via Power Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/Aleki77/status/80360048798343168

CITAZIONE
    @leearenberg
    @Aleki77 mid July in Vancouver
    50 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

http://twitter.com/#!/leearenberg/stat...390212240424960

13. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Useful information on the shooting schedule start, and the location. Vancouver it is. Great work, Aurore and Aleki. ;)

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Fall TV: ABC Premiere Dates

Sunday, October 23
    8 pm Once Upon a Time

www.tvline.com/2011/06/fall-tv-abc-premiere-dates/

:(
    Do you think we'll have a full season ?

15. khan81
        +1   -1

User deleted

ABC just announced the premiere dates for their shows. Once Upon A Time will premiere October 23. I'm not sure why it is starting so late if they begin filming in July though. That worries me a bit :unsure:

:lol: Just posted the same thing. The late start date worries me. I've read a couple of rumors and now I'm worried that they are true. :unsure:

QUOTE (aurore @ 27/6/2011, 19:01 ?t=54757937&
    st=105#entry461024726)
    Fall TV: ABC Premiere Dates

Sunday, October 23
    8 pm Once Upon a Time

www.tvline.com/2011/06/fall-tv-abc-premiere-dates/

:(
    Do you think we'll have a full season ?

166 replies since 25/3/2011, 23:46   7613 views