Once Upon a Time 1st season Spoiler

Season 1

« Older   Newer »

1. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Great comments about the pilot and Jennifer (I don't know if I can post that here???) :

YOU GUYS. I just. You don’t even KNOW how amazing “Once Upon A Time” is. I watched it for my third time today and it is SO. GOOD.
    WELL DONE ABC. WELL DONE. the casting is flawless it LOOKS beautiful there's such a sense of where it's going as a series PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT

YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED!!!!! it’s so. effing. good. even a friend of mine who came over to watch it today had read the script and didn’t think it was all that good, and when we finished watching the pilot she goes “…okay that was fantastic.” it’s just AMAZING. and Jennifer Morrison is fantastic as the lead. Then, let us talk about how sexy Jamie Dornan is, please.

You guys, I wish I could convey how AMAZING this pilot is. PLEASE BE A BREAKOUT HIT.

I just watched it again. adore. And can I just say the sheriff is really hot. I would like it to be september now.
    SO MUCH LOVE. unf jamie dornan is ridiculously attractive. He’s exactly my type which is problematic if I’m supposed to be paying any attention to what is going on in the scene lol. September really does need to get here SOON.

Yes!! I dunno if you’ve see the miniseries “The 10th Kingdom” but it reminded me a bit of that, which automatically got me so much more excited. It’s oddly enough really grounded well in reality, where you don’t feel like you’re watching a completely ridiculous and very campy show. It’s just REALLY well done. Hopefully there will be a trailer tomorrow after ABC’s upfronts so you all can see what I’m talking about lol

A:eeee! you finally saw it?!?! ISN'T IT AMAZING!? I was so impressed with the quality and the story and just EVERYTHING. I know two writers who are going over to work on it and I'm like PLEASE MAKE IT LIVE FOREVER. I just cannot even handle how amazing it is. I've watched it 4 times already lmao.

B:OMG AH.MAZ.ING!! I admit I cried quite a bit. I adored Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison and the little boy and the witch. Basically everything about it. Going into it I wasn’t sure how they’d do the mix of fairy tale and now, but it was perfect. please America, please please please watch the show. I’m going to watch it a billion times tonight.

It’s going to kill me all summer, I want to see episode 2!!!

A:gah this was too long to reply with lol
    Same here! I totally got all emotional with the baby parts. Jennifer fit her role SO WELL, I was so impressed. That's exactly what I tell people: they have a perfect balance, and really ground it in reality SO well. I am trying to tell EVERYONE to watch it!! I'm so into it, have you seen the miniseries The 10th Kingdom? It reminded me of that, which was my FAVORITE thing for so long. I am dying for more!! and did you see who is writing on it? JANE ESPENSON, Liz Tigelaar, and a writer from my show, as well! I'm just so excited, they are going to have SUCH an incredible team, I want it to live FOREVER. gah, I just hope America watches it, because it's so different, and so quality.

B: Totally impressed with her. And when the prince is still alive. I’ll be really interested to see how much of the fairy tale world we see in every episode. I’m sure there is a lot more interesting backstory there. I havn’t seen 10th kingdom but this does remind me a bit of higher budget syfy miniseries like Tin Man.

I saw that Jane Espenson and Liz Tigelaar are writing on it, so cool! I’m going to tell everyone i know to watch. And I’m going to got watch a million more times and try and find the pilot script.

http://fatherdowling.tumblr.com/ and http://beckyfuller.tumblr.com/

2. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

wow I can't believe it sounds so good :clapper:

thanks aurore :zi:

3. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Merci, Aurore, for posting these observations and comments. We all want them to be right....but who are these people , and how do they get to see the pilot over and over? :huh:

4. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

they are journalists,bloggers,editors,random people for a survey....

5. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (aurore @ 23/5/2011, 19:32) 
    they are journalists,bloggers,editors,random people for a survey....

I understand, Merci. :)

6. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I guess the question that I was going to ask has been answered because I was wondering who was the lead, Jennifer or Ginnifer, but I just read above and it says Jen is the lead. Ginnifer is just mentioned more often though.

I'm happy to hear it's getting so many good reviews, when will they start shooting the series? and is it going to be in Vancouver?

7. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

no idea for the" when and where "

We’ve seen ABC’s new fairytale show Once Upon a Time

Can a show about fairytale characters in the real world keep you wishing upon a star every week? ABC is hoping you'll want to get to know Snow White and a host of fairytale characters in Once Upon a Time.

We were lucky enough to watch the pilot of Once Upon A Time in advance, and here are our early thoughts. With absolutely no spoilers, beyond what's in ABC's trailer and official synopsis. Click your heels three times, and click through to read more!
    Full sizeFirst of all, a caveat: As usual, what we've seen was an early not-for-air pilot, that was released to press people. There's a strong chance that the show will change drastically before it ever airs on television. And this is just our early gut reaction after watching the pilot — we'll be posting a proper review closer to the airdate, and of course we'll be recapping this show week to week.

Once Upon a Time hails from two Lost producers, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, with Lost's Damon Lindelof involved as well.

Full sizeThe rap on Once Upon a Time is that it's going to be like a television version of Fables, in which fairytale characters come to "our" world and live among us. But the actual show is nothing like Bill Willingham's great comic book, at least if the pilot is anything to go by. The concept is totally different, and the execution, also, is totally unlike Willingham's approach.

Here's how ABC is describing the show:

From the inventive minds of "Lost" executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis comes a bold new imagining of the world, where fairy tales and the modern-day are about to collide.

And they all lived happily ever after - or so everyone was led to believe. Emma Swan knows how to take care of herself. She's a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything starts to change. Henry is now 10 years old and in desperate need of Emma's help. He believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world and is Snow White and Prince Charming's missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen's curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Of course Emma doesn't believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It's a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close... where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don't remember who they once were. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.

Full size"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin ("Big Love") as Snow White/Sister Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison ("House MD") as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle ("The Full Monty," "Trainspotting," "SGU Stargate Universe") as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham, Jared Gilmore ("Mad Men") as Henry, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie. "Once Upon a Time" was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, who are also executive producers, along with Steve Pearlman (ABC's "V"). The pilot is directed and executive-produced by Mark Mylod ("Entourage"). "Once Upon a Time" is from ABC Studios.

So as you can tell from the ABC synopsis, the fairytale characters living in the town of Storybrooke have forgotten who they really are. They think that they're just ordinary people living in a curious little town, and they don't seem to notice that they're "frozen in time." So in a nutshell it's another "people trapped in a small weird town" show, not unlike The Prisoner and countless other shows. Except that Once Upon a Time is pretty fun never gets too dark or weird.

The good news is, Jennifer Morrison is totally engaging as Emma Swan, the bail bonds collector who may be the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. She has an early set piece that totally wins you over to her side, and you immediately start loving her resourcefulness and self-reliance. In fact, the cast is great in general — especially Big Love's Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White, who totally sells you on some scenes that could look a bit silly otherwise. And Stargate Universe's Robert Carlyle looks like he'll be fascinatingly demented.

The conceit that these fairytale characters have forgotten who they really are means that Once Upon a Time finds a way to put fairytale characters in the real world without much incongruity. And long stretches of Once Upon a Time feel like they could come from any other TV show about cute schemers and lost souls in a vaguely suburban environment. And then you switch over to the events in Fairyland, which feels a bit like a Disney pastiche at times.

Once Upon a Time seems like a fun show — it has several engaging characters, who are introduced nicely in the first episode. The overarching plot of the Evil Queen's curse is pretty compelling, and there are some good interpersonal conflicts in the "real" world that could develop in an interesting way.

The two worries I have, after watching the pilot, are: 1) Will the cuts between a fairly realistic "real" world and the somewhat cartoony fairytale world get too jarring after a while? (And for that matter, will the fairytale scenes be just too ridiculous for people?) 2) How on Earth is this show going to sustain its fairly simple setup over the course of dozens of episodes?

But if the show can get past those two concerns — and both things depend a lot on the second, third and fourth episodes — then it could become a pretty fun show. Once Upon a Time has a strong enough cast that if they're given strong scripts to deal with, it ought to be a fun ride.

Bottom line: Once Upon a Time is fun and zippy show, with occasional jaunts into a somewhat Disneyfied-feeling fairytale world. The show airs Sundays at 8 PM on ABC this fall.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/once-upon...w-of-pilot.html

8. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

So so to read this

The good news is, Jennifer Morrison is totally engaging as Emma Swan, the bail bonds collector who may be the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. She has an early set piece that totally wins you over to her side, and you immediately start loving her resourcefulness and self-reliance. In fact, the cast is great in general...

9. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

it's the best part :D

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    ONCE UPON A TIME – SPOILER – GINNIFER GOODWIN!
    June 2, 2011 | Posted by tvedge
    TV Guide’s Kecks Exclusives has the latest Once Upon A Time season 1 spoilers from Ginnifer Goodwin herself:
    ”You’re going to meet the Evil Queen, Pinocchio, the Blue Fairy and Rumpelstiltskin,” she teases. “And we’re telling the story [with flashbacks], so I look forward to finding out how Snow met Prince Charming.”

www.tvedge.net/?p=5518

11. Miss Base
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ginnifer Goodwin
    Once Upon a Time (ABC)
    HER CHARACTER After spending five seasons in Big Love's polygamous household, Ginnifer will now be living with seven little men as Snow White and also play a nun in an alternate, modern-day universe. Like Snow, who's mourning the loss of her Prince Charming, Ginnifer isn't letting her recent broken engagement stand in the way of her fairy-tale dreams. "I'm a hopeless romantic. I have to say Snow White is a little more cynical than I am."

www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Theyre-1033750.aspx

12. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

KATIE COURIC: You’re playing Snow White in a new TV show. What can you tell us about it?

GINNIFER GOODWIN: It’s called Once Upon a Time, and the only thing I think they’re letting us really say about it is that it’s about a woman, played by Jennifer Morrison, who comes to a small town in Maine where she learns that fairy tales might just be real. I can also tell you that I was obsessed with Lost. I’ve never smoked crack. I’ve never done most things, drug-wise. But I assume that the experience I had watching Lost is the experience that crack addicts have smoking crack. The script in which I was being offered the role of a Snow White was written by two of the most lauded writers from Lost. It plays with time, and how it overlaps and stuff, which I love—I’m a science geek.

KATIE COURIC: That sounds interesting.

GINNIFER GOODWIN: It’s bad-ass. [Laughs.]

http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2011/06/gi...y?currentPage=5

13. Miss Base
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time - From the Script

Take a sneak peek at a line from the pilot episode!

EMMA: Kid, I'm not fighting any battles.

HENRY: Yes you are. It's your destiny. You're gonna bring back the happy endings.

http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/buzz/778182

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dueling 'Snow Whites': This battle isn't pretty

In ABC's Once Upon a Time, created by Lost writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, Snow White (played by Ginnifer Goodwin of Something Borrowed and TV's Big Love) is shown both in modern day as a school teacher nun and in flashbacks as her usual fairy-tale princess self. The premise involves a curse on storybook characters that can be broken only by Snow White and Prince Charming's long-lost daughter.

The pair have a theory for why Snow White and other such fantasy characters endure. "We love fairy tales for the same reason we buy lottery tickets," Kitsis says. "They offer hope for a life change. 'I'm no longer sweeping the floor for my stepsisters. I'm at the ball.' Lost was a series about redemption. This new show is about hope."

She’s no delicate flower

What the series shares with the two films in production is that Snow White is far from the naive damsel in distress popularized in the Disney animated feature. Says Horowitz: "She has very strong opinions and desires on how to handle crises in life, including her relationship with Charming."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2...ng-movies_n.htm

15. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time
    Episode 1.02

Sydney, otherwise known as 'The Magic Mirror' is being cast, and in the real world is a reporter for the local newspaper The Daily Mirror. However in Fairytale land he is a vaporous visage trapped within the Queen's magic mirrors. Described as always truthful as 'The Magic Mirror,' his character in the real world is anything but, planting evidence and spinning stories for his own agendas... This is a definite recurring guest star role!
    Also entering the show in the early stages is the 'Queen's Valet' who is tender and timid and described as the only voice of reason in the Queen's life. He may not be evil but he will go to extraordinary lengths for his Queen.
    Watch out for Maleficent, a witch able to stand up against the Queen... powerful and cruel she is more reasonable and less vengeful than the Queen. This role is a potentially recurring role!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/adams-tv-...ita-dexter.html

286 replies since 17/5/2011, 22:24   22070 views