Once Upon a Time: Interview to Jennifer Morrison

« Older   Newer »

1. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Wow!! I wonder if she has already the movie, but seeing her in the 50's all rock n roll or Lucille Ball style would be soooo great!!

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time’s Jennifer Morrison Talks About Resisting Hook’s Charms

Posted by: Craig Byrne in Interviews, KSiteTV News, Once Upon A Time October 7, 2013

Last night on Once Upon A Time, Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) had to face who she truly was in order to get a lead on where to find her son, Henry. Emma and her allies are searching for Henry in a dangerous place -- Neverland -- where they have so far been tormented by Peter Pan and his Lost Boys.

Upon A Time provides audiences with adventure, but there are others who tune in for another purpose: romance. Specifically, the group of "Captain Swan" "shippers" who want to see Emma hooking up with Killian Jones, better known to the audience as Captain Hook. Hook is trying really hard to get Emma's attention -- will he soon have any success? We spoke with Jennifer Morrison at the Vancouver studio of Once Upon A Time to get answers.

"He is trying really hard," she confirms. "It takes her a while, surprisingly, to notice that he is trying really hard. The audience is in on it more than Emma, because the audience gets those lovely close-ups with the little glints in his eye, and extra looks that she doesn't know! Actually, when we were live tweeting during the premiere episode, I said something like 'oh! Hook looks really relieved I didn't die!' I didn't know that happened! I was busy not dying! So I had no idea that he had that moment! So, the audience is a little more in on that than Emma is, initially."

"What I've always said about Hook and Emma is that they are kindred spirits," she continues. "They're survivors. Emma is a pirate in her own way. She's had to sort of go from one family to the next, or one group of people to the next, and find her own way to survive, and her own way to not let life get the best of her. So they're definitely kindred spirits, and I think what Emma finds surprising on the island is that he exceeds her expectations in terms of his kindness and his help. She is someone who makes very educated decisions on people's previous behavior. For example, she has to team up with Regina because she knows that Regina wants to save Henry too. So, she has to sort of brush under the rug the fact that she tried to kill her whole family, and her, and has killed thousands of other people and all of those other things, and just deal with the fact that she really does want to save Henry, and start from that common ground, but still make educated decisions from that point forward. With Hook, she knows what he is capable of, but he continues to surprise her by doing something different from what she expects. That is an interesting dynamic, that does play out," she reveals.

Ultimately, it is Henry that is Emma's top priority in Neverland, and a love life is not on the list of Emma's priorities at this time. "She's in an interesting situation in Neverland, because really, all she cares about is getting her son back," Morrison says. "Ultimately, that is the forethought in her mind, is 'how do I save Henry' and 'how do I make sure that he's okay?' And then what's coming around that is that she hasn't had a time to deal with what she believes is Neal's death. She's not processing the idea of romance when her son's life is in danger. There are a lot of different things coming at her while she's trying to stay focused on getting to Henry. There will definitely be some interesting ups and downs," she hints.

Once Upon A Time is new Sundays at 8PM on ABC. Come back to KSiteTV soon for more Once interviews and be sure to drop by our Once Upon A Time forum for more about the show!

http://www.ksitetv.com/once-upon-a-time/in...ks-charms/25121

3. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Excellent article!, thanks!! Please CaptainSwan soon hehehe

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time' spoilers: Jennifer Morrison on working with Hook and Regina

October 14, 2013

"Once Upon a Time" is better than ever with the introduction of a very dark Neverland this season, and on Monday, Oct. 14, we posted our video interview with series star Jennifer Morrison from the press room at New York Comic-Con.

"Once Upon a Time" season 3 is all about saving Henry, and that means some people who would much rather be in different lands from one another than be relying on one another have teamed up to make their way through Neverland and Peter Pan's treachery and find the missing boy. "Emma and Regina's relationship this season is interesting because they have to sweep so much under the rug in order to save Henry. Emma's going to always make educated decisions about how much she trusts Regina based on her past and things that she's done to people," Morrison told reporters. "She's not forgetting that that is a part of who this woman is but she definitely identifies with the part of Regina that loves Henry and wants the best for him, and she's looking to connect with that part of her. There's even a moment where Emma realizes that Regina's anger is coming from this desperation that Henry is all that she has. … Emma's really searching to see the human side of Regina this season in order to be her partner in getting Henry back."

Emma is also surprised by what she sees in the group's pirate in Neverland. "Hook is the one that is helping her right now. Hook is the one that's present. He's the one who's sort of surprising her by following through with what he promises to do and seems to be doing this very selflessly instead of selfishly and so she's definitely taken aback by how different he is than she expected." That said, while she's flattered by Hook's interest, Neal is still a factor. However, "nothing really changes until she knows that he's alive," Morrison explained. "She will find out at some point that he's not dead." But no matter what, finding Henry is very much Emma's focus.

Being in Neverland has forced Emma to take a look at who she really is, and thanks to Pan's map, she has accepted that she is an orphan. So what does that mean for her moving forward? "I think it just impacts the dynamic between the whole group because Emma's now realizing something about herself that she didn't know before, and it's now been revealed to everyone around her, which will impact the way they all relate to each other and impact the way they continue working together or fighting with each other," she said. "It has more emotional repercussions." Will Emma end up an orphan like Pan said? All the actress would say is "keep watching."

Video

http://www.examiner.com/article/once-upon-...hook-and-regina

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison talks Emma and 'Once Upon a Time' at NYCC 2013

Allison Nichols

October 16, 2013

I had the privilege of speaking with Jennifer Morrison about “Once Upon a Time” at a press roundtable this past weekend during New York Comic Con. Don’t forget to check back later this week for an interview with creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis. “Once Upon a Time” airs Sunday nights at 7 on ABC.

Q: What would you say the theme is for this season?

Jennifer Morrison: My instinct is to say relationship because I feel like we spent so much time setting things up in the first two seasons, and not to say there weren’t relational things that were explored, but it’s definitely all happening at a deeper level, and also because of the nature of Neverland, which kind of causes you to go back to your childhood in a sense, and makes you more vulnerable and more emotional and all of those things. I think that it leaves room for all of those relationships to be explored on a deeper level, and so I would say relationship.

So far Emma has had a lot of scenes with Mary Margaret, especially where she wants to be called mom, but she hasn’t had anything with her dad.

I know!

Now that he is possibly dying, are we going to see a little bit more?

There’s a little bit more. That is definitely not explored as much as Mary Margaret and Emma, for sure. I’m not sure why, but it’s definitely a slower burn in terms of seeing moments of David and Emma over time. I think part of that, maybe, there is sort of an intrinsic understanding that they have. Emma is more similar to Charming than she is to Mary…I don’t even know which characters names to call them anymore. It’s so confusing!

Emma is more similar to – we’ll go with fairytale – Prince Charming than she is to Snow White in terms of her personality, so I think they have more of an intrinsic understanding of each other, a more unspoken understanding of each other. Whereas Mary Margaret, Snow White, and Emma are constantly trying to work out constantly misunderstanding each other, and that’s where we are seeing their relationship deepen is trying to find their common ground, and trying to find how they connect. I think Snow feels extremely guilty, and her maternal instincts have kicked in in an intense way that also heightens her emotional responses to Emma, which I guess men are just different.

Dad dealing with adult daughter who has relationships.

Well that he gets very protective about. He is not going to have flirting with Emma at all.

Do you have a preference for who you would prefer Emma to be with?

I feel like, and I genuinely mean this like I’m not taking this lightly, I genuinely feel like it’s my job to not have a judgment of that. I feel like as an actor my job is to not judge my character in the first place. That’s kind of the number one rule for me when I take on a character because I play characters – Emma’s pretty easy this way because there’s not a lot for me to look down on her for or potentially judge her for, where is I’ve played characters where I’ve personally might totally look down on certain things that they do. So I’ve had to remove my own judgments from those situation and find what drives them, what inspires them, what caused them to make those decisions that I might not personally have made, and find a way to fill the life that leads to those decisions in a totally justifiable loving way, so that I really truly love the character, even though they may be doing something not so great. In the same way that I feel that that’s an important part of acting, I feel that about the relationships that develop on the show. I don’t write it – thank God because I couldn’t because it’s incredible. My job is to show up every day, and do the best I can to bring her to life. And the best I can do that is to be in the moment of her life and to be fair to the moment of her life, so if I, Jennifer, make judgments about what I think Emma should be doing, then I feel like it starts to violate what I want to do to with the character and keep the character pure in that way.

What do you think the Neverland dynamic has added? What do you think that’s doing for Emma? What do you think it’s doing for the dynamic?

I love Neverland, personally as an actor, because I feel like it’s given me license to be far more vulnerable and volatile with her, and I know I’ve said that before, but I don’t know a better way to rearticulate it. Her life has been so tough, and she’s been so guarded, and she’s worked so hard to survive, and so hard to hang onto any ounce of hope in life based on the circumstances before Henry came to her door that it would not have been real for me to play her in a way where she was like: ‘Great! My son’s here! Oh, my parents! It’s all great!’ That wouldn’t be a far assessment of what this person has become and what they’ve gone through, so there were certain limitations that I had emotionally in terms of expression her because I had to true to her past and true to who she was. And the rules of Neverland have opened that up wide up, and it has given me an opportunity to push her further in every direction. It’s been way more fun for me to be able to explore those extremes in those personalities.

One thing I admired about her, in the beginning, was her reluctance to kind of be thrown into a bit of a heroic role, and eventually she kind of embraced her destiny.

That’s something I totally credit Eddie and Adam with because they totally understand human nature in a particular way where they realize that if this woman had lived her life this way, there is no way she would identify herself as a hero, in any way, and she will always continue to identify herself as a hero or brave or courageous. She just knows how to survive, and she’s always been, as we said in the ‘Lost Girl’ episode, she’s always been an orphan. She’s always been the kid that didn’t mean anything and wasn’t going to mean anything, and so that doesn’t go to go away. It will never go away. I know the crap I went through in junior high and high school that’s still there. It’s not gone. I still have buttons that can be pushed, and things that get under my skin, and things that hurt me, and things that change the way that I think for the rest of my life and have to fight against in certain ways. And so that is always going to be there in her, and that is the honest response of someone who has been through what she’s been through and put in that situation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jennifer-m...me-at-nycc-2013

6. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Loved watching and reading this interview! Thnks

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Talks OUAT, Says “[Pan] Gets What He Wants”

Author Icon by Monica October 17, 2013

Jennifer Morrison, is an American actress, best known for her role as Emma Swan on ABC’s hit show, Once Upon a Time. This past weekend, Morrison attended New York Comic Con and gave fans a little insight into where the cast is going this season.

Q: How does Neverland change the shows dynamic this season?

Morrison: It takes all of our guards down. We are in a land where you sort of revisit what you were as a child and you can’t escape that. We all have damage from our lives and we know about the damage Emma has gone through with the foster homes and all of that…so we know that there is damage in everyone’s past. Now that we are in a land where our guard is not up as much and we can’t really fight off those emotionally experiences, it’s going to be more emotional and it’s going to be more volatile. Everything gets pushed to the limits a little bit more because of that and it definitely heightens the stakes. Also, her child’s life is in jeopardy and all of us are trying to get to him and save him. It’s a real threat so the stakes are very high.

Q: Your character has gone on this journey of acceptance for the past couple of seasons. What is it like that she is now coming into her own?

Morrison: She does break the curse at the end of the first season so she does accept that, that is her role that she has been fated to do. There are different things that she has had to accept that she doesn’t see coming necessarily. As an audience member it’s a lot easier to say ‘Why didn’t you just believe this’ but she can’t. She doesn’t know everything the audience knows or that the audience has seen. So, the journey has been a slow, but steady one for her. We will see more of it this season with her fight to get Henry back.

Q: Is it hard that you don’t get to have the two characters to play? (i.e. a real life and a fairy tale character)?

Morrison: It’s interesting too because even though, those dual roles exist they have now blended into singular characters. We are flashing back still and seeing their past. We don’t only have David or Regina. That doesn’t exist anymore. We have an amalgamation of both people mixed together which then creates new memories for the same person. That’s confusing [laughs]. I wouldn’t say that it’s tough, I think there are times that I feel like Emma could be better understood if we saw more of the story of her past, but I know that is not the structure of the show. So then I try to do the best I can to infiltrate that into what I do have to do and try to be as informative as possible with what she has gone through in her life in the present moment. I don’t know, but I am doing the best I can.

Q: I like that Peter Pan is getting into your own head about your past and Henry’s resentment.

Morrison: Yeah, it’s great. That is what makes Pan threatening on multiple levels. He is not just villainess and with reason we will see over time. But his power comes from the games that he plays. The games he plays are psychologically based. So the way he is going to get what he wants is by manipulating a chest board and we are all pieces on that board. We don’t know it. We try to stay ahead of the game based on combined knowledge from all of us to save Henry and keep ourselves alive. So, not only does Neverland present certain things that change stuff emotionally for all of us, but Pan’s presence and the way he runs Neverland is a huge part of that.

Watch Jennifer Morrison on Once Upon a Time on ABC, Sunday’s at 8pm EST

http://www.cabletv.com/blog/jennifer-morri...-what-he-wants/

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic Con Quickie Jennifer Morrison Talks ONCE UPON A TIME Season 3 the TV addict

Video

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison on Emma's Conundrum: Hook vs. Neal!

Oct 25, 2013 12:00 PM ET
    by Natalie Abrams

Although the savior is charged with making sure everyone else gets their happy endings, Once Upon a Time viewers have been desperately hoping that Emma (Jennifer Morrison) would get hers.

Among the many online groups dedicated to Emma's love life — Swan Queen, Wooden Swan, Mad Swan, and Swan Thief to name a few — it was the Captain Swan fans who nearly blew up the Internet this week when photos and video surfaced showing Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) and Emma kissing in Sunday's episode (8/7c, ABC). But some fans griped about Emma opening herself up to Hook just days after Neal's (Michael Raymond-James) death, and while she is still on her mission to save Henry (Jared Gilmore),

"Of course it's flattering that someone is interested in whatever, but it's not even registering with her because she's concerned about saving her child," Morrison says. "It just heightens the dynamic of everything going on that Hook is the one that's helping her right now, and Hook is the one that's present, and he's the one who's surprising her by following through with what he promises to do, and seems to be doing this very selflessly instead of selfishly. She's definitely taken aback by how different he is than what she expected and definitely still thinks that Neal's dead, but in her mind, all of its irrelevant because she's just trying to get to Henry."

But Emma's potential relationships with Neal and Hook aren't the only ones she needs to work on. In Neverland, Emma was forced to face the truth about herself: She's not just the savior, she's also an orphan. When Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Charming (Josh Dallas) sent her through the portal to save their people, Emma was left to fend for herself as a child, leading her to put up barriers to prevent herself from ever really making a connection. But this trip, should Charming survive it after his Dreamshade poisoning, may actually bring her closer to her parents.

"I think Emma does forgive her parents," Morrison says. "She understands logically why they did it and I think she could probably could put herself in their shoes and imagine herself making the same decision. But that doesn't change [the fact] that she spent 28 years without a family and without loved ones and having to survive on her own in some way. Finding them doesn't eliminate everything she's gone through up until that point. They need time with each other to create a true bond and a true relationship. Her hurt feelings and her emotions don't mean that she doesn't forgive them, it means that they have a lot of work to do."

With her walls coming down, we'll also see Emma's relationship with Regina (Lana Parrilla) evolve since they are both mothers determined to find their son. "Emma and Regina's relationship this season is interesting because they have to sweep so much under the rug in order to save Henry," Morrison says. "She's tried to kill my family and me and she has killed other people, so she's not forgetting that that is a part of who this woman is, but she definitely identified with the part of Regina that loves Henry and wants the best for him. She's looking to connect with that part of her. Emma really is searching to see the human side of Regina in order to be her partner in getting Henry back."

It's these relationships that have pushed Emma to explore a new side of herself since the show's debut. Emma has certainly come a long way to getting her own happy ending in just roughly a year since Henry showed up on her doorstep. "She's had an incredible journey," Morrison says. "She went from having nothing to having parents and a child and a community and enemies and all sorts of thing overnight and it's been a huge adjustment for her. I do feel like she has grown past a lot of her exterior barriers that she initially had. She's certainly grown past her fear of being a bad mother. She definitely wants to be Henry's mother and be present in his life and to figure out how to be the best mom she can possibly be. She definitely wants to participate in her parents' lives, she just hasn't figured out how yet."

Do you think Emma should be with Neal or Hook? Or should Emma spend more time on her own? Hit the comments!

Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8/7c on ABC.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time...on-1072467.aspx

10. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for the article!!

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Interview: 'Once Upon A Time's' Jennifer Morrison And Producers

November 10th, 2013 11:44pm ES

Yes, my job is awesome. Yes, my job is cool. While at New York Comic Con I snagged pressroom roundtable interviews with ‘Once Upon a Time’ star Jennifer Morrison and its awesome producers, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Jennifer talked about Emma’s potential romance with Hook while the producers described their Giancarlo Esposito love.

Interviewing Jennifer Morrison

Over the past nine years, I’ve enjoyed watching Jennifer Morrison’s acting career rise from supporting actor on ‘House’ to leading lady on ‘How I Met Your Mother’ to the lead actor on ‘Once Upon a Time.’ Since the 90s Morrison worked non-stop with early TV roles in ‘Touched by an Angel,‘ ‘Dawson's Creek,‘ ‘Chase,‘ ‘The Super Hero Squad Show’ and ‘Any Day Now ‘. Now, with cameo roles as Winona Kirk on the ‘Star Trek’ films and earlier roles in ‘Table for Three,’ ‘Mr & Mrs. Smith,’ ‘Grind,’ and ‘Urban Legends,’ she’s clearly building an equally strong film dossier.

From Adam Baldwin to Julie Benz, I respect thespians that view themselves as “working actors,” under which I categorize Morrison. There are some actresses that overwhelm you with their Hollywood glamour. However, despite her loosely curled blonde hair and leopard print dress, she didn’t try to glamour us. While swathed in a black coat and cradling a cup of coffee, Morrison talked to us as colleagues there to interview her, which I appreciated.

Emma/Hook Hook Up?
    Morrison detailed the Emma/Hook relationship without giving away too much. Whenever I ask potentially spoiler-esque questions, producers/actors typically pause before answering. Although Jennifer did the same, her response illuminated the currently developing Hook/Emma relationship. “She would never spend this much time with him willingly before Neverland … The circumstances of trying to save Henry and being in a place where he knows the territory and she doesn’t. There’s a certain level of reliance and trust that she has to have in him and on him [that] puts them in a situation they would never be in otherwise. He’s surprising her by following through on things he promises and actually being helpful which is not what she expected. Her opinion of him and her view of him as a person definitely” changes.

Emma as Savior
    Morrison also discussed Emma slowly growing into and accepting her position as savior. “She’s just reached her limit when it comes to saving Henry. She’s a very efficient person … She’s going to do whatever it takes … Sometimes people just have to get pushed to their limits before their true identity surfaces.” She was careful not to speak for another person’s character, when responding to another interviewer’s question about Mary Margaret forcing a maternal relationship, acknowledging it isn’t about “unforgiveness” but their needing to build a “history” with each other. While she didn’t share Emma’s troubled past growing up, she read several “heartbreaking” foster children memoirs to build “memories” for her character. While she acknowledged many don’t undergo negative experiences in the system, she feels it's horrifying that multiple memoirs exist detailing negative experiences and hopes that will change.

Video

Interviewing 'Once Upon a Time'/'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' Producers

I always say this, and I’ll still say it -- I love, love, love interviewing producers as they provide the overarching plot insight and inspiration for character creation. I had a ton of questions for them. In ‘Once Upon a Time’ will we see Pan further influencing the outside world? In ‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland,’ why is Alice not restricted by Victorian social mores? Finally, will we see more of Giancarlo Esposito in either show?

‘Once Upon a Time’ Hints
    Peter Pan is definitely this season’s villain. If you grew up loving the Disney cartoon portraying him as a fun-loving eternal child, the ‘Once’ producers invert that ideology. Having shown that Captain Hook and the Evil Queen aren’t the one-dimensional villains we expected, they apply that reverse logic to a known “hero.” Viewing Neverland as ‘Heart of Darkness‘ meets ‘Apocalypse Now,‘ they believe a character who deliberately stunts his development must contain an inherently warped perspective. They admitted we’ll definitely see Pan continue to interact with the external world.

One question I wished I had asked surrounded Pan’s interest in Henry. Sure, Henry is the truest believer, but wouldn’t Pan’s desire to corrupt him corrupt his ability to believe? Is he interested in Henry because Henry is technically the child of two people that view themselves as orphans (who are ALSO the offspring of the most powerful fairytale characters)?

‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’
    On ‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland,’ I noticed that Alice is way more sexually free and more knowledgeable of combat capabilities, than women in her period. Edward admitted that we’d see her struggle with period mores.

Giancarlo Esposito Love
    I have a major crush on Giancarlo Esposito. I loved him as the sneaky mirror/lovestruck genie in ‘Once Upon a Time.’ I worshiped his vulnerable evil on ‘Revolution.’ And, I swooned at his ‘Community’ guest spot. However, lest Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz view me as a stalker, I underplayed my Giancarlo love by claiming I had a “mini” crush. Surprisingly, they burst out laughing and admitted to having a “major crush.” “We love Giancarlo. He doesn’t have any bigger fans than us.” While we might not see Giancarlo on ‘Once’ or ‘Once (Wonderland)’ or see a direct ‘Once’/’Once (Wonderland)’ cross-over anytime soon, they admit they love whenever they can grab him. I wondered if Giancarlo’s portrayal inspired the decision to place a genie as the central love interest in ‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.’ “The impetus is when you spend your life a prisoner of a bottle … love becomes more important because they don’t have a chance at it … So with us, with that character we always loved the idea of what’s it like to watch life from the outside.” They closed out the ‘Once’ interview further detailing how Giancarlo’s “amazing,” “so good,” and “the sweetest man.”

Video

http://www.starpulse.com/news/An_Nicholson...a_times_jennife

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for this addition, Aleki.

I liked what this interviewer wrote about Jennifer:
    From Adam Baldwin to Julie Benz, I respect thespians that view themselves as “working actors,” under which I categorize Morrison. There are some actresses that overwhelm you with their Hollywood glamour. However, despite her loosely curled blonde hair and leopard print dress, she didn’t try to glamour us. While swathed in a black coat and cradling a cup of coffee, Morrison talked to us as colleagues there to interview her, which I appreciated.

I've also had this obvious impression about Jennifer, that she is a hard worker at her craft, and she puts substance before the sizzle. She interviews so well, so thoughtful and intelligent in her comments, and it's nice to see a writer giving Jen the credit that she deserves. :)

13. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks! I love the way she answers questions.. And aww that empty SB chai.. Hehe

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Explores Emma's Dark Side

Like The Lost Boys who call it home, Once Upon A Time has found new life in Neverland, transforming season three into a revelation-heavy year that's illuminated the darkest nooks and crannies inside each of our characters.

No one has grown more on this journey than Emma Swan, who was forced to confront her feelings of parental abandonment while fearing she could do the same to her son if this rescue mission fails. Along the way, Emma lowered her guard and opened her heart to Hook. But this is no time for love as the mission to #SaveHenry kicks into full swing in Sunday's all-new episode and ETonline spoke with star Jennifer Morrison to find out what that confrontation looks like. Additionally, she weighed in on Emma's feelings for Hook, the development of her magic and the spectacular end to this unique season.

ETonline: I've really enjoyed the themes OUAT's been able to explore in Neverland, how do you feel about this season?
    Jennifer Morrison: I'm really happy with this season. I feel like we've spent two seasons getting to know these characters and now that we're all together on this journey to save Henry, we're able to experience all new sets of emotions and see their relationships come to life in a way in a way we've never seen before. It's really fun for the actors because we can explore the deeper, darker sides to all of the characters.

ETonline: I thought the revelation that Emma identifies more with the Lost Boys than her parents was particularly important.
    Morrison: Yeah, the great thing about Neverland for me in terms of what it means for Emma is that she can't really be guarded there. The island kind of forces you to return to your childhood and confront your past. It gives Emma an opportunity to be much less guarded and much more emotional. The stakes are so high; obviously she wants to save her son and will do anything it takes, so when you mix really high stakes with the elements of vulnerability on this island, it gives me an opportunity to take the character further. In Storybrooke, I had to be true to her and the fact her guard was up, so she wouldn't show her emotions. But now, I'm in a situation where I get to make her more raw and emotional and it's been really fun!

ETonline: It's also allowed Emma to explore her magical abilities. What do you enjoy about the writers expanding upon her powers?
    Morrison: I think it's a great place for magic to become part of her life more. She has to embrace that side of her to get to Henry, and she will do anything it takes to get to him, so this may be the only scenario where she would embrace that part of herself. It kind of sets up the perfect opportunity for her to be forced to deal with something she's been avoiding for a really long time and have it pay off in a way where it does benefit them to find what’s inside her in order to get closer to Henry.

ETonline: And while Emma's sole focus is getting Henry back, there is a looming love triangle that will have to be addressed eventually. First, what was your Twitter experience like the night of Hook and Emma's kiss?
    Morrison: I definitely never had an on-screen kiss turn into that much of an event ... is that the right word? [laughs] You end up in all sorts of different on-screen relationships in this business but that topped the charts in terms of people's response.

ETonline: How do you view Emma's relationship with Hook?
    Morrison: Hook's really taken her by surprise in positive ways, over and over again. She's so grateful he didn't lie, and overwhelmed with gratitude that he helped save David's life -- and now trying to save Henry. Hook has stepped up and is present in selflessly offering his help. She's not used to people showing up for her, Emma's used to people letting her down, so she has an overwhelming response to someone who doesn't let her down and is proving to be there for her. Hook is adding to her life and helpful to her life. It does have her attention and whether or not it turns into something more, it will always be meaningful to her that he's participating in her life in such a significant way.

ETonline: What would you have said if, five years ago, someone told you that you'd one day be talking about your love triangle with Captain Hook?
    Morrison: [laughs] Well, I do tend to have a lot of captains in my life. I played the mother in The Miracle Worker on Broadway, and my husband's name was The Captain. Then, I was on How I Met Your Mother and my husband's name was The Captain. And now I am doing Once Upon A Time in a love triangle with Neal and Captain Hook. So I've gotten very used to having Captains in my life.

ETonline: What can you tease about Sunday's episode, Think Lovely Thoughts?
    Morrison: We're getting close to the point where our heroes, as they call us in the stage directions, are seeing their plan come to fruition. It's also really redeeming for Emma that saving Neal is helping the situation with Henry. I think there was some confusion with the fans about why Emma would go to save Neal as if it were a distraction from saving Henry. But Neal had lived in Neverland before and she needed to make the next strategic move that would help them get Henry back because they were missing so much information. She saw Neal as the missing puzzle piece that would help them save Henry and that was the truth; he knows how to get them off the island, so it's been redeeming that Emma trusted her instincts in thinking they would need Neal to beat Pan because she was right.

ETonline: Looking ahead, what are you excited for people to see as the season plays out?
    Morrison: It's exciting that they will see all the relationships grow and change and evolve as we go on this journey. Also, this season is really exciting season in that it's like two mini-seasons. People will get a full season finale at the end of 2013, a new season premiere in 2014 and then another season finale with episode 22. It's a year that's really packed with excitement and high-stakes and twists and turns that people won’t see coming. It's a very exciting year.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/140845_Jennifer...view/index.html

15. JMHBSK
        +1   -1

User deleted

Another great interview with Jennifer. Thanks. I could listen or read in this case to her all day long talking about her characters.

140 replies since 15/10/2011, 05:56   8045 views