Once Upon a Time: Interview to Jennifer Morrison

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison talks about 'Once Upon a Time'

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Jennifer Morrison takes you inside her world in Storybrooke on "Once Upon a Time".

She spoke to 7online about playing "Emma Swan" who happens to be the daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White.

Morrison spoke about how she loves working with Ginnifer Goodwin and how it's interesting that they are mother and daughter, but get to meet each other at roughly the same age in Storybrooke.

Morrison also addresses whether or not a love interest is in the cards for her and what we can expect in Sunday's upcoming new episode.

In "The Thing You Love Most", Regina does everything in her power to force Emma out of Storybrooke and out of her and Henry's (the son Emma gave up for adoption) lives forever.

Meanwhile, the chilling circumstances of how the Evil Queen released the curse upon the fairytale world is revealed.

More on JENNIFER MORRISON
    Jennifer Morrison currently has her plate full with a number of projects. In September 2011 she can be seen in the upcoming feature "Warrior," directed by Gavin O'Connor and starring opposite Nick Nolte and Joel Edgerton. The film centers on the world of mixed martial arts. In October 2011 she can be seen in the Lifetime TV Movie "5 for the Cure," written by Stephen Godchaux. This two-hour movie brings together five short films on the topic of breast cancer. Morrison recently completed shooting the independent film "Knife Fight," directed by Bill Guttentag and produced by Guerrino De Luca. She also stars in the short film "Charlotte," directed by Demi Moore.

On television Morrison was recently seen on "How I Met Your Mother" as Zoey, the newest love interested to Ted, played by Josh Radnor. She is best known for her work as Dr. Allison Cameron on the critically acclaimed drama "House M.D.," in which she was nominated for a 2008 WIN Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series.

Other film credits include J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek," "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, "Surviving Christmas," starring Ben Affleck and Christina Applegate, and the independent film "Flourish," which she starred in and produced.

Now residing in Los Angeles, Morrison hails from Chicago, where she studied with the celebrated Steppenwolf Theatre Company and earned a degree in Theater from Loyola University. More on JENNIFER MORRISON
    Jennifer Morrison currently has her plate full with a number of projects. In September 2011 she can be seen in the upcoming feature "Warrior," directed by Gavin O'Connor and starring opposite Nick Nolte and Joel Edgerton. The film centers on the world of mixed martial arts. In October 2011 she can be seen in the Lifetime TV Movie "5 for the Cure," written by Stephen Godchaux. This two-hour movie brings together five short films on the topic of breast cancer. Morrison recently completed shooting the independent film "Knife Fight," directed by Bill Guttentag and produced by Guerrino De Luca. She also stars in the short film "Charlotte," directed by Demi Moore.

On television Morrison was recently seen on "How I Met Your Mother" as Zoey, the newest love interested to Ted, played by Josh Radnor. She is best known for her work as Dr. Allison Cameron on the critically acclaimed drama "House M.D.," in which she was nominated for a 2008 WIN Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series.

Other film credits include J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek," "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, "Surviving Christmas," starring Ben Affleck and Christina Applegate, and the independent film "Flourish," which she starred in and produced.

Now residing in Los Angeles, Morrison hails from Chicago, where she studied with the celebrated Steppenwolf Theatre Company and earned a degree in Theater from Loyola University.

www.megavideo.com/?v=ZCZMEHQI

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=...ment&id=8410410

Edited by Aleki77 - 29/10/2011, 13:40

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison on 'Once Upon a Time'

CITAZIONE
    The new hit ABC series "Once Upon a Time" combines a modern fairytale with thrilling twists and hints of darkness with the magic of our most beloved stories. 7Live got a chance to talk to leading lady Jennifer Morrison.

www.megavideo.com/?v=471HRSRP

http://7liveonline.com/video?id=8410261?pid=8410355

http://7liveonline.com/Jennifer-Morrison-o...-a-Time/8410355

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time - Jennifer Morrison

http://youtu.be/ZDZtrBX2rqc

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time - Chapter One: The Clock Ticks - Featurette #02

http://youtu.be/3CKKUgith-k

5. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazi, Aleki. This is a good featurette as it ties together some of the best elements of the pilot episode and beyond. :)

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Dishes Upcoming Episodes of "Once Upon a Time"

http://youtu.be/LzE-da12Hpg

CITAZIONE
    If you missed the beginning of "Once Upon a Time" and are want to know what all the fuss is about, the first episode is being shown just before the second one airs.

Jennifer Morrison, who stars as Emma Swan, who may just be the long-lost daughter of Snow White/Mary Margaret (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming/John Doe (Josh Dallas), knows a bit about where the series is headed and spills a few secrets for EntertainmentHeartbeat.com.

And from the sounds of her comments, in the video, Emma is going to get an education about her birthright and the mysterious group of people she's learning more about in the town of Storybrooke.

Cool show, cool characters and one of our favs.

For more entertainment news log onto www.EntertainmentHeartbeat.com and www.Hollywoodutbreak.com.

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison from ABC's Once Upon a Time

www.megavideo.com/?v=GNX67YP1

www.wzzm13.com/life/local/programmi...nce-Upon-a-Time

Edited by Aleki77 - 1/11/2011, 01:36

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Q&A: Jennifer Morrison of 'Once Upon a Time'

Imaginations are left to run wild in this magical drama

Jennifer Morrison starts her new fairy tale adventure coming off of hits such as "House" and "How I Met Your Mother." Her lead role in the new "Once Upon a Time" takes her deep into the mysteries of a magical drama where imagination is limitless and at times, fantasy becomes reality.

'Once Upon a Time' airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

MSN TV: You've been part of very successful hits "House," "How I Met Your Mother" and "Once Upon a Time" has kicked off with an amazing premiere. Have you had a moment to yourself to take it all in?

Jennifer Morrison: It's all pretty surreal, it's been a crazy week. I don't think so. We're a little bit isolated since we're all the way up in Vancouver. A lot of the push with the show, publicity and press, we've been away from. Our lives have been just going to work, doing our jobs, telling these stories and doing our thing. It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that people have already seen it now but it's been really exciting. We've been loving it, having a great time and loving the script so much that to know that after the first episode people responded so well and so many people tuned into watch it really means a lot to us. We've been really enjoying it so there was that hope this would be the outcome. The reality hasn't quite sunk in yet but it's exciting to know that we're on track for the long run.

Are the vibes of taking on fantasy quite different than the traditional drama series?

I would say yes and no. We all know there are a lot of fantasy elements to this but the approach to the style of "Once Upon a Time" this has been keeping it very grounded and real. We have to kind of remind ourselves how ridiculous our conversations are sometimes. We kind of take it as serious as if it was real. We come to set and say well "I'm in fairytale land all day working with dwarves and when Cinderella showed up..." we deal with it all as if it's all very real and we approach all the relationships in a very grounded real way and deal with real conflict. So in a way, it really isn't different than any other drama but then when we remove ourselves from it, from the outside we realize it is kind of crazy.

I watched the premiere and there are so many different directions the storyline and plot can lead to which makes it very exciting. How do you want your character to evolve in this season?

I'm thrilled with the way she's been evolving so far. Part of what really drew me to the character was how diverse she was. How damaged she was. That gives her room to grow over time. Often in television, we end up doing the same stuff over and over again and Emma the sky really is the limit. She literally is so tough at some points you can't even imagine her being vulnerable and other times so vulnerable you can't imagine her being tough. She's leaned towards being tough so much of her life and her child coming back into her life certainly shakes her up and forces her to be vulnerable than she ever was and ever willing to be and so I am excited to see the way they balance that in the writing and allowing Emma to fail at times and allowing Emma to make horrible mistakes based on dealing with the fact that she has emotions she's never had to deal with before. Then she can literally be a hero because she's so closed off and tough and so isolated that she can do the right thing no matter what. It been an exciting journey as an actor to play her because she in a sense as much as a character playing one person not two like everybody else. I do at times feel like I'm playing multiple characters because she becomes whoever she needs to be based on whoever she is dealing with. My relationship with Mary Margaret is very specific, my relationship with Henry is very specific, my relationship with Regina is very specific and on and on and on. Almost to the point where I feel like Emma becomes a different person based on who crosses her any given moment. She is such a chameleon and such a survivor so from an acting perspective that is a fascinating journey and a fascinating thing to reconcile within one human being.

As a child, which was your favorite fairy tale princess or character? Did you ever envision you would actually "be" in a fairy tale when you grew up?

No, I never ever thought I would be in a fairy tale. I loved Snow White and Alice in Wonderland. I would have to say it is a solid tie between those two. My mom just recently sent me a picture of me in Disney World when I was about ten, maybe eleven. We were at Cinderella's castle having Cindrella's breakfast around this round table. In the picture was Cinderella signing autographs and the look on my face, I'm literally standing next to her like just looking at her as if it was the most amazing thing that ever happened. My god how crazy how I can look back at this picture all these years ago and have no idea that as that ten year old kid I was gonna be working on a show, being an actor and doing a job where I was able to bring these fairy tales to life over again in a totally new way.

It's a full circle moment!

Yes it really is. There was this little girl on set that was playing one of our guest stars and she has seen the pilot and they let her see the pilot before it aired and so she can be ready and she came on set and with her eyes sparkling she tells me "you're the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming!" and oh my god it was just crazy. She was looking at me the way I was looking at Cinderella in the picture. It's kind of crazy, it really is!

"Once Upon a Time" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=679...1&wa=wsignin1.0

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Talks About 'Once Upon a Time'

On ABC's new series "Once Upon a Time," Jennifer Morrison ("How I Met Your Mother," "House") stars as Emma Swan, a bailbondswoman who is reunited with the son she gave up for adoption 10 years earlier. But when she returns Henry to his home, she begins to uncover a world she had no idea she had a connection to.

This fantastical combination of fairy tale characters stuck in the modern world is an intriguing premise for the series. It is also one which utilizes the dichotomy of the fairy tale genre. Hidden below the surface of these cheery little stories for kids is a dark, sometimes creepy world, and the eternal quest for peace, hope and happily ever after.

Jennifer Morrison on Fairy Tales

In a recent exclusive interview, Morrison talked about how she views fairy tales now that she is living one. She mentioned a book she read called "The Uses of Enchantment" by Bruno Bettelheim, which delves into the meanings behind the children's stories. She noted, "As a kid, of course, I loved fairy tales, but I never thought about the psychology of fairy tales. And so as an adult looking at it from that perspective it's a whole different thing. [Bettelheim] talks about how the forest represents your internal life and how fairy tales are really about self-discovery. And so, of course, you always have to go into the woods because you have to turn into yourself to be able to discover yourself. And so to be looking at it from this perspective as an adult gave me such a fascinating perspective on the storytelling in this situation because I realized that everything's operating on multiple levels. It's not just the story at the surface, it's also the underlying subconscious things that are going on as well."

What Attracted Her to 'Once Upon a Time'

Morrison related that producers and creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis approached her about the series after having worked with her on "How I Met Your Mother." She professed, "I read the script and it was absolutely amazing and extraordinary and I loved the idea of working with Eddie and Adam."

She was also drawn to the character of Emma Swan. "It's very rare on television to get to play a character that's so multifaceted... There's times where she's literally so tough that I can't imagine her ever being vulnerable, and then there's times where she's so vulnerable you can barely imagine her being tough, and everything in between. So from an acting perspective it was just an incredible challenge to take on. And [it was] exciting to know that there was going to be so many different things that I was going to get to try to do and be part of as this character."

Her Co-Star Jared Gilmore

An added bonus of being on the show has been her interaction with Jared Gilmore, the 11-year-old actor who plays her son, Henry. "Working with Jared is absolutely wonderful. He is such a good kid. He works so hard and is refreshingly real. He's a great little actor and works his butt off, but at the same time plays video games in between. And he loves the Smurfs and he always has all these crazy, adventurous stories to tell us about. And he's always jumping up on the camera and asking the camera guys how to do stuff. I swear that kid's going to be directing in no time. It's an absolute joy to have Jared playing my son."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/jennifer-morrison...-225000200.html

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

JENNIFER MORRISON EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE OF ONCE UPON A TIME

Today, ABC announced that it has picked up the fantasy/drama Once Upon a Time for the rest of the season. The series has received great reviews from both critics and fans.

When we spoke to her a few weeks ago, Once Upon a Time star Jennifer Morrison told us that she is excited about the series, and that the scripts she is reading for future episodes are great. Morrison also told us that faith brought her to the series, and that she and her co-star Ginnifer Goodwin (who are friends on and off the set) use to get to mistaken for each other. (Click on the audio player to hear Jennifer Morrison)

www.megavideo.com/?v=6GVAKQPS

http://foxallaccess.blogs.fox.com/2011/11/...ce-upon-a-time/

Edited by Aleki77 - 4/11/2011, 04:26

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Morrison Says 'Once Upon a Time' Is a Fairytale

http://youtu.be/rK6-CnLs1DU

CITAZIONE
    Jennifer Morrison has a hit on her hands with the new ABC drama 'Once Upon a Time.' She talks about getting the first script, the show's appeal and shooting in Canada. (Nov. 4)

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    new audio interview with Jennifer Morrison http://t.co/slHRg75C #onceuponatime #himym #house #startrek

http://twitter.com/#!/B_Amandine/statu...789807511379968

www.megavideo.com/?v=Z8BU1RKD

Edited by Aleki77 - 5/11/2011, 15:39

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Spoiler interview to Jennifer Morrison to Tv line

http://youtu.be/_Td7-EVCJKA

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/once-upon-a-...view-episode-4/

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Talking "Once Upon A Time" with Jennifer Morrison

http://youtu.be/xc2QrnvNdVk

CITAZIONE
    I recently had the pleasure of talking with former "House" and current star of ABC's "Once Upon A Time" Jennifer Morrison. We talked about the premise of the show and what's to come in fairy tail land, check out her little wink she gives when telling fans to watch the show.

http://www.hollywood.com/video/8019107/Onc...rison_Interview

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time - Chapter Four: Magic at a Price - Featurette #05

www.youtube.com/watch?v=37A8xINYLXo&feature=colike

140 replies since 15/10/2011, 05:56   8040 views