Once Upon a Time: Interview to Jennifer Morrison

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

by Laura Prudom

'Once Upon A Time' Season 2: Jennifer Morrison On Emma's Parents, Mad Hatter And August's Return

Posted: 09/27/2012 8:24 am EDT

"Once Upon a Time" returns with Season 2 this Sunday (Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC), and while much of the show's plot is still shrouded in secrecy, HuffPost TV caught up with star Jennifer Morrison (who plays self-reliant bail bondswoman and curse-breaker extraordinaire, Emma Swan) to talk about what's coming up for her character and the direction the magical show is taking in its sophomore season.

After interviewing Morrison, we were able to watch the first episode of Season 2, and while we're not able to reveal anything about the plot for fear of being hunted down and cursed by Regina (Lana Parrilla), we can say that the show confidently catches many of the balls it left in the air during the Season 1 finale, while setting up a number of new mysteries and character dynamics to drive the show forward. Compelling new characters are introduced, tears are shed, and there are a couple of surprisingly hilarious moments courtesy of Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Charming (Josh Dallas). In short, "Once Upon A Time" is firing on all cylinders and is still the most enchanting show of the fall.

But until you can feast your eyes on the episode yourself, read on for Morrison's perspective on Emma's reunion with her long-lost parents, whether there will be any flashbacks to her past, and the likelihood of seeing the enigmatic August (a.k.a. Pinocchio) again in Season 2. Caution: Light spoilers ahead.

We've seen from the various "Once Upon A Time" Season 2 trailers and clips that have been released that Snow and Charming are very eager to start parenting Emma again, but she's less eager to be parented. Can you talk about how the dynamic has shifted between them?
    It’s one of those things where Emma has spent her whole life looking for her parents, and some part of her believed she was never going to find them. I think oddly, to be completely honest, if she doesn’t find them then she doesn’t have to believe that they gave her up. She could then believe -- not that she’d wish that upon anyone -- that something terrible happened to them and maybe they weren’t around anymore and maybe that’s why she was given up so she doesn’t have to consider herself “abandoned.” When the reality of what you’ve been searching for all these years suddenly comes to light, there’s a tremendous amount of emotion and confusion that comes rushing in, and Emma is not an emotionally advanced person! [Laughs.] She’s definitely someone who has shut herself down in a lot of ways and wears her armor very thick, and doesn’t really have experience with handling emotions. So when she’s got a rush of feelings going on, her immediate response is to shut down or make a joke because she can’t handle it.

Snow and Charming are far more advanced emotionally -- they weren’t raised in the foster system, they weren’t abandoned, they didn’t have to survive on their own, barely able to eat or function and do whatever they had to do to survive and end up in jail and all of these things that have happened to Emma! [Laughs.] They have a different capacity for handling emotion and she doesn’t have that. So it’s just going to be a process and it’s going to be a bit complicated for Emma to learn how to handle emotions, handle accepting that this is true, because it’s still an outrageous idea that your parents are Snow White and Prince Charming. She's really trying, since she has all the proof that this is true, but even with all the proof, it’s still crazy. It’s definitely going to be a complicated process that’s going to be mixed with all sorts of things -- sometimes her shutting down, sometimes her being super emotional, sometimes making a joke out of it. It really is the beginning of a journey with Emma learning to be a healthy person emotionally.

Emma and Mary Margaret were already very close, so how is their relationship going to evolve?
    There’s a lot of fun in that, because they’ve been friends first, they’re the same age, and all of a sudden Mary Margaret wants to act like her mom, so Emma’s like “Woah, woah, woah -- I'm the one who’s been taking care of you here, you need to chill out.” There’s definitely a lot of fun to be had there; we deal with some very serious stuff, but there’s also a sense of humor about the fact that Emma’s the one who’s been taking care of everyone in Storybrooke for the past few months, and she’s used to being the go-to person and suddenly Mary Margaret is all, “Oh no, I’m badass Snow White, I can handle it and I can take care of you,” and I’m like “Wait, what?” So there’s definitely some very fun conflict that goes on there.

Likewise, she and David didn't spend much time together last season. Are we going to see more of a focus on her getting to know her father?
    To be honest, the whole family unit is put into very particular circumstances where one person at a time starts reestablishing a relationship, including Henry getting to know his grandparents. It's funny -- there’s a line in the premiere where Henry’s like, “I guess you’re my grandpa,” and it’s so crazy to call a 28-year-old Josh Dallas “grandpa.” [Laughs.]

Recent episode descriptions talk about Emma and Snow ending up transported somewhere else. Can you say anything about their journey or what’s set up in the premiere?
    What I can say is that we open the show with everyone picking up exactly where they left off, which is them being hit with memories of their existence in fairytale land. We immediately launch into a tremendous amount of conflict within the town because a certain faction of people want to make Regina pay for what she’s done to them, and then another faction is saying. “Yes, we’re angry, but don’t stoop to their level.” So now we’ve got everyone pitted against each other and out of that conflict, that sort of ends up leaving Emma and Mary Margaret on the run. I can just say that it is the result of the conflict that starts immediately in Episode 1, and they are in a position where they need to be found.

Are we going to see any Emma flashbacks or looks into her past the way we saw with the fairytale characters last year?
    Yes, and actually it was so funny because at Comic-Con, we teased those opening sequences with those characters in the mist, and we showed a yellow bug and people thought that meant that the bug was a character, but it was actually that they were implying that we were going to flash back to Emma’s life. It was their way of symbolizing that. It’s been really exciting and it’s really fun because we’ve now done an episode where we really do get to see Emma 10 years ago and see the differences between what was going on in her life then and what’s going on in her life now and what’s changed for her physically and emotionally. We sort of see the roots of where this all came from for her.

We know that Sebastian Stan is back as Jefferson and "Hat Trick" was such a great episode last year -- has Emma had any interaction with him again since then?
    We have not, actually. I thought based on the way that they ended it that that would happen. But he’s back and he definitely has an important part in the first two episodes in terms of all the conflict and some of the capacity that they have magic-wise right away, but he has not had any interaction with Emma yet.

The last time we saw August [Eion Bailey], he had turned back to wood. Now that the curse has been broken, will we see him again?
    I can tell you that we will see him again, but I can’t tell you under what circumstances.

"Once Upon a Time" premieres Sunday, September 30 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/j..._n_1918426.html

2. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

I love her interviews. :)

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Q&A With Jennifer Morrison of 'Once Upon a Time'

What’s ahead for Emma Swan and the rest of Storybrooke in Season 2

By Parallel Universe on MSN 6 hours ago

By Lie Shia Ong

MSN TV

“Once Upon a Time” returns to ABC on Sunday, Sept. 30, and when it does, the magic will also be back in Storybrooke, as the curse was broken at the end of last season.

MSN TV spoke with Jennifer Morrison, the actress who portrays Emma Swan, the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, now that she heroically has broken the Evil Queen’s spell over the town and its people.

MSN TV: What can you tell fans about the Season 2 premiere of “Once Upon a Time”?

Jennifer Morrison: Oh my gosh! So much has happened. I don’t even know where to start! [Laughs] we pick up right where we leave off in terms of everyone being hit with their memories of their true identity, so we really hit the ground running because we pick up exactly where we ended.
    There are certain repercussions with Regina (Lana Parrilla) in terms of how people feel about the fact that she’s responsible for taking their lives away for the last 28 years.
    We kind of also kind of then launch into a whole different level of conflicts. … There’s a group of people who want revenge and want to go after her and a group of people who don’t want to stoop to her level and sort of want to take the high road and settle this in a way where she pays for her actions but isn’t necessarily lynched by a mob. There’s sort of two factions in town that are at odds with each other, and then both factions are at odds with her. So we kind of launch into a tremendous amount of conflict immediately that involves pretty much every character.

Now that everyone knows who they really are, how will relationships change, especially with Emma, Mary Margaret/Snow White and David/Prince Charming?

Yeah, everything changes drastically. By removing this element of the curse, people are suddenly truly themselves again, which sort of opens up the world emotionally. In the first season there was always a balance of, OK, well, Snow White would do this, but Mary Margaret wouldn’t because the curse makes her different. Now that the element is removed and people aren’t controlled by the curse, there’s just so much more room for emotions to be at the surface and to be raw and to be expressed with confidence. It just sort of immediately heightens the stakes for each character.
    Obviously there’s a lot for Emma to try to process because, first of all, the amount of proof it took for her to believe [in the curse]. Now she has the proof, but just even having the proof doesn’t mean she accepts it all. She’s still processing all that and in the midst of all this conflict that starts immediately. It’s this constant push and pull of emotional events and also so much going on already. I feel like Emma is trying to handle all these things that are happening to her in the midst of trying to make sure that the town doesn’t fall apart and Henry is still safe and that things are going to be OK. It’s definitely going to be a lot all at once.

Is Emma going to try to get custody of Henry?

Yeah. She was already sort of headed that way at the end of the first season in terms of realizing of trying to find a way where both her and Regina could be in Henry’s life, and there was a point where she sort of gave up on that idea. There’s definitely potential that she’s going to continue heading down that path [of wanting custody.]

Did you change your approach of how you portray Emma this season now that she’s a believer when it comes to the curse and the fairy-tale land?

Well, for me, you know, it’s interesting because even though she’s a believer, she hasn’t lost her skepticism. That’s what’s kept her alive her whole life. She’s been through so much with being in the foster system and going through times when she didn’t have shelter and was on the streets and was in jail and all the things in her past. Nobody’s ever been nice to her in her past. … Possibly the only exception to that now is Mary Margaret, but that relationship is immediately complicated by the fact that she’s my mother! So she’s definitely going to maintain her skepticism.
    … I think what’s different is that she does feel like she has a world in which she can start to figure out how to be an emotional being — being surrounded by people who don’t seem to be interested in abandoning her any longer. Once she gets to a place where she can start to believe that’s true, then she can start to handle things that she emotionally could never handle before. Her first reaction is to shut down. Her second reaction is to make a joke out of it, and her third reaction is to try to process it and figure out how she’s going to deal with it. You’re going to see her go through that process over and over and over again.

Some of your fans sent in your questions they wanted me to ask. Karolin wants to know what you like most about playing Emma and what has been your favorite episode been to shoot.

I’d say what I enjoy most is that there’s just so many different parts of her. In order for her to be a survivor she’s had to adapt in every situation in order to find a way of fitting in. That means I get to play a huge spectrum of different emotions and different sides of her. She’s at times incredibly tough and unapproachable. Then there’s times when she’s incredibly vulnerable and open and almost like a little girl and she’s everything in between. As an actor, with writing like that, it’s really, really fun.
    In the first season, I liked Episode 7, where the sheriff died. I didn’t like the fact that he died, but I just thought that story line was the first time Emma kind of got to be vulnerable in front of everyone. I also enjoyed Episode 17 as well, which was the Mad Hatter episode. I felt like because I was kidnapped and taken to the middle of the woods, it sort of felt like a play. … We shot all of that in one day, and it felt like doing a play for one day, so that was really fun.
    This season [Episode] 5 is really cool. I’m actually not in 5, but that’s when they introduce Captain Hook and explain who he is and where he came from. It’s a huge episode.
    And [Episode] 6 has been fun because that’s when you get to see Emma’s backstory. So it was definitely fun to be able to after all these months — to find out what her backstory is and to bring it to life.

The Season 2 premiere of “Once Upon a Time” airs Sunday, Sept. 30, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies...f5-fcf25cc7b7f4

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time' Season 2 premiere: Jennifer Morrison on Emma and Mary Margaret 'being on the run'

"Once Upon a Time" returns this weekend and star Jennifer Morrison tells Zap2it that the conflict from the breaking of the curse is quick out of the gates.

"The initial reaction to realizing who everyone is is to get some sort of revenge on Regina," says Morrison. "There's two factions in town. There's the faction that very irrationally decides they're going to go after her and make her pay for this, and there's a small faction that says, 'Wait, we're not like this, we're not going to go that route.' We immediately start in the midst of a tremendous conflict."

But the conflict amongst the people of Storybrooke is perhaps not the biggest conflict for Emma personally. She just found out who her parents are after all these years.

"The entire writing staff did an incredible job to really being sensitive to someone suddenly finding their parents after 28 years," says Morrison. "There's a lot of push and pull there. There's times where Emma opens up to it and starts to accept it and there's times where it's too much for her."

"She's been so guarded her whole life. She doesn't have a very advanced emotional skill set. It's definitely a journey for her to work through her issues," Morrison continues. "For Emma, Season 1 was about falling in love with Henry and Season 2 is now Emma dealing with her relationship with her parents."

But that's not all -- "Also finding the ability to allow romantic love in her life," teases Morrison.

We've seen in the description for the second episode of the season that David is searching for Emma and Mary Margaret, so we had to ask what exactly that means.

"All I can say about that is in the midst of all this chaos of everyone being after Regina, it's really Emma and David and Mary Margaret who are saying we aren't like them, we aren't going to stoop to her level," says Morrison. "And the conflict that comes out of that definitely opens up the possibility of Emma and Mary Margaret being on the run."

Intriguing. Morrison also tells us that the excitement of the first episode does not take a break as the season progresses.

"These episodes have been so huge. Every episode feels like a season finale for us in terms of the magnitude of the storytelling. There's a lot going on," says Morrison.

"Once Upon a Time" returns Sunday, Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. For more information on the show, check out ABC's official site.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...on-the-run.html

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time Q&A: Jennifer Morrison Drops a Few Hints About Season 2

Earlier this week I was lucky enough to talk to Jennifer Morrison, who plays Emma Swan, the Sheriff of Storybrooke and long-lost daughter of Snow White, in everyone's favorite fairy-tale drama thriller, Once Upon a Time. She was so incredibly lovely and insightful and thoughtful over the phone, I'm still shaking guys I'M STILL SHAKING. She also dropped a couple hints that I THINK might be SPOILERS?! Let's read and discuss!

Does Emma have a jail tatto?

(Laughs) JAIL TATTOOS? No she has a tattoo, but that tattoo she's had since she was probably 14. I think you've seen glimpses of it, it's on her left wrist, it's a flower on her left wrist. It hasn't been featured in any situation yet, you'll see it more in Episode 6. Just kind of by circumstances, but yeah, it's definitely a youthful decision on her part but ends up being meaningful in the long run.

Is Emma going to accept that Snow White is her mom, or is that something she struggles with?

I think it's something she'll probably struggle with for the rest of her life on some levels. I feel like the writers have done a really great job of writing this reunion and the aftermath of it in a way that's very realistic. Anyone who's in a situation where all they've known for 28 years is that they were given up and they were abandoned, and is suddenly faced with meeting the people who gave them up and abandoned them—even if they had good reason for it—there's still complicated emotions to work through in terms of accepting that and understanding that perspective. And so obviously Emma is not very advanced emotionally, because she's someone who, the only way they survive is to shut down and put up a thick wall of armor to be able to not get hurt over and over again... so her first reaction to something is to not deal with it, to shut down, and her next reaction is to make a joke out of it, and her third reaction is to start to deal with the fact there might be emotions going on and start trying to figure out how to accept them. So she's definitely got a process that she has to go through to even get to a place where she can start to deal with emotions. So that's going to complicate the way that reunion goes down—it's not going to just be happy-go-lucky, there's a lot to work out.

You obviously have your emotional hands full, but is there a chance Emma's getting a love interest this season?

Yeah, I mean that's something I really want to have happen this season for sure. Season 1 for Emma was really about falling in love with Henry and Season 2 is now her reconciling with her parents in some way and opening herself to the possibility of romantic love. That's a whole new level of adventure for her of course. I feel like it makes sense, in real life we have to deal with our own issues of childhood or our parents and when we put those things in perspective that's when we become capable of opening ourselves to healthy relationships in our own lives. So I think it makes sense, especially since we're dealing with fairy-tale-themed situations that they would sort of have those two things coinciding in Emma's life.

So is Jared Gilmore growing right before your eyes right now?

Yeah! We're always like, "How tall is he going to be today?" but it's working. He definitely has grown a bit but he still has that boyish term. I think what's so great about him in that role is that he's a real kid. In between he wants to play video games and run around with his sister and have fun back home... I think there's a real kid element in him that comes through in that character and really serves the storytelling. You don't feel like you're watching like, you know, the Olivier of children where he's like "Iiii'm a great ACTOR!"... you have those kids sometimes who are such actors at that age they don't seem like kids, and he's a nice balance of both, so despite the growing his youthful spirit is shining through.

What are the pros and cons of green screen?

(Groans) Well, I have found the green screen gives me nightmares but only because that color does not go well with my personality. That color is highly anxious for me, for some reason. But it gives us the capacity to do some VERY cool things. It's a Catch-22 with that, because as much as you can get to hour twelve, and your eyes are bugging out of your head and you don't know what to do with yourself because you've been staring at a green, bright green, fluorescent green room for twelve hours, at the end of the day ON SET they've already built the place and overlayed it with what you're shooting. So you have the immediate gratification of seeing what it's like. It's AMAZING to be able to see what they're capable of. I always say we could never shoot this show without green tape, because we reconstruct all the geography on this green room with green tape, and that's how you know where a wall is or where a pillar is or a window is or a piece of furniture or whatever. I was like, "How would we ever make this show without green tape?" Really, green tape is what holds Once Upon a Time together. It's definitely an adventure in there but I think a well-worth-it adventure. We're in a time now where technology is such that we can create anything, and that's what's new about television and film these days. These kind of fantasy stories could never have been told in this way 20 years ago. What's new is we can put fantasy onscreen and make it look real.

Once Upon a Time Season 2 premieres this Sunday, September 30 at 8pm on AB

http://www.tv.com/news/once-upon-a-time-q-...ef=tweet_button

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time' Season 2: Jennifer Morrison on Emma's Past and 'Superhuman' Qualities

The ABC star hints to THR that the sixth episode of the season, "Tallahassee," will provide crucial back story to her character.

Storybrooke, get ready.

ABC's fairy tale drama Once Upon a Time returns for season two Sunday and as the trailers and clips released have teased, the premiere kicks off with magic, new dynamics and new characters (hint: Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Prince Philip). But what should viewers expect now that the curse on Storybrooke is broken?

Jennifer Morrison, who plays the tough-as-nails Storybrooke detective Emma Swan, previewed the new season with THR and gave just enough hints to intrigue viewers.

The Hollywood Reporter: Now that the curse has been broken in Storybrooke, what can be expected in the season premiere?

Jennifer Morrison: The season finale last year set us up for so much. So much happened so fast. Now we're really diving headfirst to try to resolve and handle everything that happened in that episode. There's a tremendous amount that's happening with every character. For Emma in particular, there is a tremendous amount of emotional adjustment going on.

The first season was its own emotional adjustment having been back in Henry's (Jared Gilmore) life and and really wanting to be his mother and taking on that responsibility. Now, we're embarking on a whole other level with Emma discovering her own parents [Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Charming (Josh Dallas)] and trying to figure that out. She's been looking for them her whole life and now that she's found them -- you don't know how you're going to react until you find them -- developing those relationships. Emma doubted Henry for all that time and now he was right. There are complications with that as well. Some characters are also being added to the show like Henry's father, so there have been some great adventures to follow.

THR: The identity of Henry's father has been a big point of discussion for season two and there is a big Emma episode ("Tallahassee") coming down the line this year. Can you speak to any surprises you discovered about Emma's back story while filming it and speaking to the writers?

Morrison: What was really great was [executive producer] Eddie [Kitsis] and I had many conversations about Henry's father, back before even the pilot was shot just because that's obviously a formative and important relationship for a child to come out of it. What ended up on the page and what ended up on the screen is really a culmination of those conversations and all of us putting our heads together. Also, it was great to see every little detail come to fruition.

In that episode, there are definitely hints along the way -- moments in her life that you never would have known were happening -- and once you see episode six this year, you'll go, "Oh, that's why she said that!" They planted those seeds, so it was fun as an actor working on your character's back story trying to figure out what that means here and to actually play it out. [Laughs] A lot of times, you don't get that chance. You have things in your head and you hope that it's all working and serving the character, but you don't really know. It was a good time for me and I think the audience will enjoy seeing a different time in Emma's life.

THR: How so?

Morrison: The audience will really get to see what has happened to Emma in the last 10 years.

THR: How would you compare "younger" Emma to how she is now? Are there drastic differences?

Morrison: What's similar is that she was raised in the foster program, she had to survive to make her life work. She had to rely on her own resources to be able to eat, sleep, take care of herself. She definitely still has the damage that exists in her childhood but there is a different .. hopeful may be the wrong word -- I don't know that she's ever been a tremendously hopeful person before Henry came into her life. She believes that because she's been through so much by the time she was 18, she almost feels superhuman. "What else can I possibly endure at this point?" There almost an element of I survived so many outrageous situations in my life and I've hung through it and I've been OK, bring it on, what else is there, I can handle it.

Having a child, some things they just change you, so in that episode, you see her before those things put her on her heels, in a sense. I was actually talking to someone about how I get cramps in my legs when I was playing Emma at 18 because she walked on her toes. And Emma, as we know now, has a very serious walk on her heels. The world has pushed her back on her heels a little bit. She's so sturdy, you know: "I am here." At 18, she's still like a fox. I think that symbolically represents the differences between her during those two times in her life more than anything else.

Once Upon a Time premieres season two 8 p.m. Sunday on ABC.

E-mail: [email protected]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...morrison-375212

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time recap and interview with Jennifer Morrison and Lana Parrila

Once Upon A Time recap and interview with Jennifer Morrison and Lana Parrila from Aleki on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/50483996

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    RT @wzzm13: Jennifer Morrison from 'Once Upon a Time' http://t.co/tKYMNnaz #TakeFive #WZZM13 @jenmorrisonlive

http://twitter.com/#!/wzzm13/status/253870355779817472

Jennifer Morrison from 'Once Upon a Time' on WZZM 13

CITAZIONE
    "Once Upon a Time," airs Sunday nights on WZZM 13 from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET.

www.wzzm13.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=227577

Jennifer Morrison from 'Once Upon a Time' on WZZM 13 from Aleki on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/50791643

Edited by Aleki77 - 5/10/2012, 01:09

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Tells Us More Once Upon A Time - Good Day LA

CITAZIONE
    On Sunday's episode of ‘Once Upon A Time,' Emma Swan who's played by Jennifer Morrison is being held captive along with her mother snow white, played by Ginnifer Goodwin.

‘Once Upon A Time' airs Sunday night at 8 on ABC.

Read more: www.myfoxla.com/story/19735703/jenn...r#ixzz28MmzFctX

Schermata2012-10-04alle230317

Schermata2012-10-04alle230328

Jennifer Morrison Tells Us More Once Upon A Time - Good day LA from Aleki on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/50790289

Read more: www.myfoxla.com/story/19735703/jenn...r#ixzz28Mlh1ztV

Edited by Aleki77 - 5/10/2012, 00:19

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time - Interview with Jennifer Morrison

http://youtu.be/oYL0CWNdEAI

Video

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Talks ONCE UPON A TIME Season Two

http://youtu.be/RFwmI1WxtPM

12. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

‘Once Upon a Time’: Could Emma Swan Find Love in Season 2?

“Once Upon a Time” rolled back in last Sunday on a wave of purple smoke that reintroduced magic to Storybrooke and revealed the after affects of the broken curse. For Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), that meant swallowing two pills; one sweet — the identities of her parents were finally revealed; and one bitter – Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) and Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) had abanoned her. While still reeling from those realizations, and attempting to keep Regina (Lana Parrilla) safe from a wraith, Emma and Snow were sucked through a portal back into the Fairytale Land That Was. The last shot we saw was the two of them, discovered by Mulan (Jamie Chung) and Princess Aurora (Sarah Bolger), buried under a pile rubble.

So what lies ahead on Emma and Snow’s journey? And will Emma, who has previously been cursed herself in the love department, finally find a relationship this season? We recently caught up with Morrison to find out just that.

Emma certainly didn’t seem thrilled about finding out the identities of her parents. How will her attitude and position on that evolve this season?
    It’s such an emotional process when you spend twenty eight years of your life really knowing that your parents didn’t care enough to keep you in their lives they just gave you up. Even when you want to search for them because you want to know who they are, there’s no way of knowing how you’re going to react to that actual moment. It’s definitely a very emotionally complex experience to try to accept that these two people that she’s gotten to know as friends, who she does believe to be good people, could have given her up, and then to try to wrap her brain around why she was given up and if it was really worth being given up. There’s definitely a journey there where she has to sort of first of all figure out how to accept it, because it is such an outrageous idea to find out that your parents are Snow White and Prince Charming. But second of all, just like allow herself to deal with feelings that are coming up. She’s not someone who’s ever dealt with her feelings, she’s always sort of pushed them down and not allowed herself to go there. Now she really has to deal with all of this. There are going to be times when she brushes it off and makes a joke out of it and there are going to be times where she gets very emotional about it, and there’s definitely going to be a journey of her being able to see things a certain way that she can relate to so she can start to accept why they made the decision that they made and start mending that relationship so she can start to be their child, in a sense.

Will she be emotionally available for a romantic relationship? She’s been 0 for 2 in the love department between Pinocchio and the Huntsman.
    This is something that [creators] Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz talked to me about. Season one was really about Emma falling in love with Henry and there was nobody who was going to get in the way of that or interrupt that because it was her reuniting with her son and being given a second chance to be his mother and her learning how to be a mother. Now in season two that she’s less concerned with Henry — their relationship has grown, and she’s had her parents revealed with her and she’s dealing with all of that, I think that leaves her in a more vulnerable state and more accessible to the possibility of romance coming into her life. She’s definitely not going to be the pursuer and she’s definitely going to take some convincing, but she’s going to have men sort of aggressively trying to be in her life.

Any men that we’ve seen before?
    No. There are men in her life that we’ve seen before but not men in her life who are being aggressive — those are men who we’ve never seen before.

We know the identity of Henry’s father is going to be revealed this season. How will that come to pass?
    You’re going to see Henry’s father in Episode six. You’re going to see more of Emma’s backstory and that’s when you’ll find out about him.

Colin O’Donoghue (Captain Hook) has just become a series regular. What will Emma’s interaction be with him?
    She has quite a bit of interaction with him, actually. He is in fairytale land so in Emma’s adventures of now being stuck in fairytale land she winds up having to deal with him. He’s a complicated character because he certainly is a villain in some sense but at times it’s kind of like the way Emma would have to choose the lesser of two evils in last season when sometimes she’d need to pair up with Regina and Mr. Gold. She knew Mr. Gold was a villain but that sometimes he could benefit her. There’s an element of that in fairytale land when there are times where she has to go to Captain Hook in order to get what she needs in fairytale land and that definitely comes at a price

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/1...ve-in-season-2/

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Video Q&A: Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison Previews Emma's Fairytale Nightmare Get More: Interviews, Previews, Video Matt Webb Mitovich Jennifer Morrison

At the close of Once Upon a Time‘s Season 2 premiere, Storybrooke sheriff Emma and her BFF Mary Margaret — aka her mom, Snow White — tumbled through a magic portal, landing in a fairy scary corner of fairytale land that barely escaped Regina’s curse. What’s more, because of the timing of their arrival, the women are believed to be foe, not friend, by locals such as Mulan and Aurora. Is the gnarly situation easily remedied by Snow whipping out her fairytale land driver’s license? Er… not quite. As Jennifer Morrison, who plays Emma, shares in the video Q&A below, “Everything has changed” and “fallen apart” in the realm Snow once called home. “It’s a bit of a free-for all.”

Morrison also talks about whom Emma will (and will not) bump into during this not-so-excellent adventure, marvels over the wild experiences Emma has endured since meeting Henry, and shares how her character will “rely on Snow in a very particular way” as the just-reunited mother and daughter spend a lot of quality time together in the last place they’d expect. (ABC’s Once airs Sundays at 8/7c.)

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/10/05/once-upon-a-t...mpaign=referral

http://youtu.be/mro6GlQWAb4

14. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

That video interview from TV Line was great. we can always trust those guys to give us good OUAT and Jen stuff! :D

15. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once' Star: More Revealed About Emma, Dr. Whale

http://youtu.be/Tmrt3QICPLo

CITAZIONE
    Jennifer Morrison foresees fans learning more about her character Emma's past in the future of ABC's 'Once Upon a Time' and teases another whale of a tale to come in the fairytale drama series. (Oct. 24)

Edited by Aleki77 - 25/10/2012, 01:13

140 replies since 15/10/2011, 05:56   8044 views