Once Upon a Time: Interview to Cast & Crew

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ONCE UPON A TIME: Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis on Going to Neverland and Having a Split Season. Plus, Teases for the First Two Episodes of Season 3!
    September 28, 2013 by Marisa Roffman

ONCE UPON A TIME has shifted its storytelling with every season so far (year one introduced us to Storybrooke, season 2 had several characters in present-day fairytale land), and season 3 will be no different: the new season has many of the show’s main characters are on their way to Neverland to save Henry.
    “We always wanted to go to Neverland, and we really wanted to focus on the core characters,” ONCE UPON A TIME co-creator Eddy Kitsis told reporters last week. “And Neverland is a place where you don’t grow up and you have to confront your past…so what we did was these characters will return to who they were before the curse in order to kind of achieve this. And at the same time, we wanted to have them dig deeper into what everything means.”
    “So we wanted to have time to reflect on what happened and what it means,” ONCE UPON A TIME co-creator Adam Horowitz added. “Yeah, Emma looks at Mary Margaret as her mom, but does she actually think of her as her mom? In the first two episodes we were really trying to use Neverland [for things like that,] and we continue to do this as the season progresses: [use Neverland] as a prism for which we can see these characters more clearly.”
    And Neverland isn’t the only new thing in store for ONCE UPON A TIME fans this season — the drama is one of the shows ABC will run on a split schedule, with the first 11 episodes airing this fall, and the second 11 episodes airing this spring.
    “It is impacting [the show], we hope, in a really positive way,” Horowitz said. “In addition to two 11-episode arcs, the scheduling of running them more or less uninterrupted allows us to gain story momentum and really look at them as two mini-seasons that are hopefully thematically connected and building to one big finish. But it allows us to tell what we’re calling the ‘Neverland arc’ in the first half and the second half tell the ‘blank arc’ — no spoilers yet [as to what we're calling it] — that can grow out of where you see the first one end. As writers it has been both challenging and really kind of freeing in a way, which has allowed us to give a complete experience in the fall and a complete experience in the spring.”
    “It’s also really hard as a writer to do 22 episodes of one story in today’s world, you know?” Kitsis added. “I think television is changing, habits change, and things do 10 to 12 episode seasons. And for us, we get to do [essentially] two seasons this year; we’re trying to do all killer, no filler, and so I think for us, personally, it’s fun, because it allows us to tell contained stories that we want to tell without being like, ‘How are we going to stretch this one idea [to fill an entire season]?’”
    After watching the first two episodes of the season, it seems the creators weren’t wrong that getting to craft more condensed arcs will lead to stronger stories. So how about a few teases for the first two episodes?
    Viewers knew Peter Pan wasn’t a good guy, but his manipulation of several key characters is just brutal.
    At least one character we know won’t survive long in Neverland.
    Emma, Regina, Hook, Mary Margaret, David, and Gold may start off the journey together, but one of them quickly decides splitting up would be more beneficial.
    There’s a long-overdue knock-down, drag-out fight. It’s so elaborate that one character has to take very drastic measures to try and stop it.
    The Emma/Neal/Hook triangle takes an interesting turn as Hook and Emma mourn the loss of Neal (together), while Neal (in the present-day fairytale land) makes it clear on where he stands with his feelings towards Emma.
    There is a very important (and possibly foreshadowing?) Hook and Regina talk.
    Belle might not be with them in Neverland, but she is certainly not far from Gold’s mind.
    We see Emma at her most vulnerable. (In more ways than one.)
    ONCE UPON A TIME returns Sunday, September 29th at 8 PM on ABC.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2013/...es-of-season-3/

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon A Time' Colin O'Donoghue Q&A: 'I want Hook to find love'

Published Sunday, Sep 29 2013, 21:00 BST | By Catriona Wightman

It's Sunday, which means one thing - Once Upon A Time returns for its third season in the US tonight! Things were pretty different by the time the second run came to an end, so who knows what could be happening in future episodes?

Well, someone who might have a bit of an idea is Colin O'Donoghue - also known as Hook! Colin spoke to reporters over the summer about the show, so read on to find out what he had to say about action figures, Hook and Emma's romance, saying all those innuendos, starting a Once Upon A Time band, being dubbed the 'hottie of the high seas' and much more...

I feel like Hook's become a real fan favourite character - do you enjoy playing that kind of fun villain?
    "Yeah. It was interesting for me, because I've never had the opportunity to play a character like that before. I was always kind of serious. It's nice to be able to play a complete bad boy who's the polar opposite to who I am. It's great that people respond to that and like him. I guess the fans are great on the show and the response has been really positive.

"It took me by surprise - I was a little bit taken aback that people liked him as much as they do. It's probably a testament to the writers that they write these fantastic lines for him and incredible innuendo and stuff, especially on a show like this where you get to say stuff like, 'If I jab you with my sword, you'll feel it'. They're great lines to be able to say."

Is there any chance we'll see Hook in the spinoff Once Upon A Time In Wonderland?
    "I don't know. I don't know what will be in the case of that or if once we'll cross over or anything like that. We're not really privy to that information. There might be a script arrive one day that [says] Captain Hook is in Once Upon A Time In Wonderland and you go, 'Okay, great!'

"I'm excited to see it, because I think it's quite different from Once Upon A Time from what I've heard. I haven't seen any of it or the promos or anything, and I'm excited to see what it's going to be like. But I think we're all shooting in Vancouver so maybe at some point there might be a crossover, who knows?

"I think there's only been a few characters on Once that have gone across over to Wonderland, and Captain Hook was definitely one of them because of the Queen of Hearts story. But I don't know."

What would you like to happen to Hook in future episodes?
    "I don't know. That's a tough one. Because what's great about Captain Hook is that in Once Upon A Time he's able to drift in and out between the good guys, bad guys.

"That's a great kind of character to get to play because you can be charming, you can be caring and stuff like that. On the other hand you can turn around and - like with Belle, shoot Belle. So it's great to be able to drift in and out of that.

"I guess maybe I'd like to see what he'd be like if he decided to get rid of vengeance and try and find love again, but who knows what will happen?"

I think a lot of people saw a little spark between Hook and Emma...
    "Oh, did they?! Well, I don't know! That's kind of up to the writers, but they definitely see an element of themselves in the other, I think. And that's sort of why there was a little bit of a spark, I think. I'm sure there are some groups of fans who would like to see that, and who knows if that will happen? I don't know yet."

Would you like it?
    "Would I like it? I'm a married man, I can't say if I'd like that or not! I mean, I think as a character it would be nice to see how Hook would react and what type of person he would be if he was to find love again, if he could ever really truly let go of the hatred in his heart for Rumpelstiltskin and the constant pursuit of revenge.

"It would be interesting to see, if he found love, how that would alter that kind of thing. But I don't know who that would be - maybe not necessarily Emma. Who knows who it could be? I don't."

How do you get into character? It's obviously a different portrayal to the Hooks we've seen before.
    "Once I put my leather pants on, I'm in character, I think! It's funny - I guess the eyeliner probably helps a little bit, because the coat that I have is, it's leather and it's really heavy and you have to stand a certain way. Wearing waistcoats that are super tight sort of makes you be like a certain way. It's that type of thing. And then as soon as you put the hook on, you're ready to pirate it up, I guess."

Is the hook sharp? Is it difficult to wear?
    "There are three versions of the hook. There's one that's solid metal and it's really heavy. It's sharp. It's not super sharp but it has a point, and because of the weight you could do some serious damage with it. And then there's an aluminium one which is a bit lighter, and then there's a rubber one for if you're to do stunts or there's any danger of cutting someone. Although sometimes I like to switch it out! It's the perfect coffee cup holder - it's literally the exact size. And if you've only got one hand and you're holding some food, it's great to put it on."

Do you think Hook and Rumpelstiltskin will ever truly make amends, or will there always be something between them?
    "I don't know. In the season finale, they are both on the Jolly Roger together and Rumpelstiltskin says to Hook, 'So, are you finished with your quest for revenge?' and Hook says, 'I think so'. But it's a difficult thing when he's spent hundreds of years in Neverland living and stewing in that complete hatred and quest for revenge. It's a very difficult thing then to try and get rid of that, I would think, because I'm not a few hundred years old! Maybe.

"It's one of those things that I am really interested to see in the next season - how that relationship is going to work out when they're in such close quarters. Whatever type of power struggle there would be as he's captain of the ship and Rumpelstiltskin is the Dark One and all that stuff. So it'll be interesting to see, because I don't know yet what's going to happen."

What's it like working with Robert Carlyle?
    "It's unbelievable. I grew up watching all his movies, so to stand there and sort of have a coffee with him - it's not so much when you're on the set, it's when you're sitting down in between and you're having a chat about family or home and sometimes you go, '... It's Begbie!'"

Entertainment Weekly called you 'the hottie of the high seas'...
    "What?! I don't know - I'm sure the colour of my face is probably telling you what I think about that! I don't know! I mean, what do you say? It's not the type of thing that you say, 'Oh, hey, that's great', because then you seem really conceited, I guess. It's embarrassing, but it's very flattering, very nice to be called 'the hottie of the high seas'. Yeah, I like it. I'll get some business cards printed up."

People seem to draw a lot of portraits of Hook.
    "Yeah - I have had quite a few... a lot of the times I don't have anything interesting to say, so on Twitter people are constantly sending me sketches they've done of Hook, so if somebody's taken the time to do that, that's what I retweet and stuff.

"I'm not used to that type of thing, people being in any way kind of interested in me, so it's a very strange thing to be sitting at home in my house and have somebody in Venezuela or wherever, Australia, wherever, doing a picture of you. It's kind of a very unusual feeling."

Do you have an action figure?
    "No, I don't think so. There are no action figures? [PR: Not yet.] Not yet! Ooh!"

Would that be a dream come true?
    "Yeah, are you kidding me? An action figure? Although what if it doesn't look like me? What if they made it look like the old Hook? I'd be really upset then. Yeah, that would be amazing if there were action figures. I think you might be right - it's the type of show that would sort of lend itself to that.

"It would be great if they made one of those ones that fires stuff - you can get different attachments. You can change the attachments and stuff. Now I'm excited - I want to have an action figure!"

You had to give up on your band - are you feeling sad?
    "I am. Ten years ago we started. But I'm based in Vancouver and you can't... I've been away essentially from the band for two, three years. But it was a tough decision to have to make that break."

Maybe you should be in a Once Upon A Time band.
    "I'm all on for a Once Upon A Time band... I think there are [musicians in the cast], yeah. I think there's a few people. I think Emilie [de Ravin] said she'd be our manager, I can't remember. Lana [Parilla] was on board. So maybe - you never know. Maybe there will be a Once Upon A Time band for a one-off performance."

Maybe a musical episode.
    "Maybe a musical episode, yeah! I don't know what I'd do though, because I only have one hand! I couldn't play the guitar. I could stick a guitar slide on there and maybe play slide guitar."

Once Upon A Time returns for its third season in the US today (September 29), airing on ABC.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s181/once...t-hook-to-find-

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Lightning Round 9: Once Upon a Time Bosses Answer Your Burning Questions

by Natalie Abrams

Will Emma & Co take a trip to Wonderland? Whatever happened to Maleficent?

Now that Once Upon a Time is back, TVGuide.com decided it's time for our ninth Lightning Round with the brain trust behind ABC's fairy-tale drama, executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis.

We grabbed your fan questions off Twitter and hit up Horowitz and Kitsis for a quick round of scoop, in which the producers had the option to answer, "Yes," "No" or "Can't Answer." Some of their answers, and possible non-answers, are pretty telling, so check them out below:

Will any of the Once cast cross to Wonderland or vice versa?
    Edward Kitsis: There will be a couple of the Once casters in Wonderland at various points, but it will not be like a traditional spin-off where the Drummonds drop Mrs. Garrett off.
    Adam Horowitz: There will be some floating back and forth.

Will we see more flashbacks to when Regina (Lana Parrilla) was raising Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin)?
    Horowitz: Yes.
    Kitsis: There are flashbacks to the time where she was living with Snow.

Will we ever see the Mad Hatter (Sebastian Stan) again?
    Horowitz: We hope so.
    Kitsis: We would love to have Sebastian Stan, but he's very busy.
    Horowitz: He's fighting Captain America.
    Kitsis: No one wants him back more than us. Sebastian knows we have an open door for him and we'll write him in to anything. It's just a matter of his schedule, and his schedule is pretty tight, so I don't know if we can work it out this season.

Will we see flashbacks into Emma's (Jennifer Morrison) life in the foster care system?
    Horowitz and Kitsis: Maybe.

Will we see the Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent story line?
    Kitsis: We're definitely going to get a little more of Sleeping Beauty, but I don't think we have any plans in the first 11 episodes to do Maleficent and Sleeping Beauty.
    Horowitz: We may get a taste of Maleficent (Kristin Bauer van Staten) on one of the shows.
    Kitsis: Yes. We will definitely get a taste of Maleficent and we'll get to tell you more about Aurora (Sarah Bolger), Mulan (Jamie Chung) and Phillip (Julian Morris).

Will we get flashbacks to Neal's (Michael Raymond-James) life before Manhattan?
    Kitsis: Maybe.

Will we get the history of the fairies?
    Horowitz: You will get much more about the fairies.
    Kitsis: You will get much more insight into how they are, how they live, what their deal is.

Will we get to see more of August (Eion Bailey)?
    Horowitz: Maybe.

Will Rose McGowan be back as Cora?
    Kitsis: I hope so. Every day all we do is think about how do we get her back? Absolutely. We definitely have to have her back.
    Horowitz: There are plans in place.
    Kitsis: She's so good.

Is Ursula someone we already know?
    Horowitz: Can't answer.

Will we ever find out what happened to Belle's (Emilie de Ravin) mom or Hook's (Colin O'Donoghue) dad?
    Kitsis: Perhaps.
    Horowitz: Maybe they're the same person. [Laughs]

Will we see the Darlings again?
    Horowitz and Kitsis: Yes.

Could Pan (Robbie Kay) ultimately be a good guy?
    Horowitz: Anyone could be a good guy.
    Kitsis: Depends on how you look at it.
    Horowitz: If you ask Pan, he would say he's definitely a good guy.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time...rs-1071565.aspx

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time Season 3: Colin O’Donoghue On Hook’s ‘Internal Struggle,’ His Relationship With Emma

October 4, 2013 4:28 PM EDT

VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Colin O’Donoghue as Capt. Hook in ‘Once Upon A Time’ Season 3Caption On ABC’s “Once Upon A Time,” Colin O’Donoghue’s Captain Hook has done plenty of lying, scheming and double crossing, but Season 3 has offered a look at his noble side as he pitches in alongside the Charming family (and Regina) in the quest to find Henry.

“He’s had 300 or so odd years of living with hatred and all that kind of stuff and now he’s desperately trying to figure out if he wants to let go of that or not, which is an incredibly difficult thing to do when that’s been the only driving force that you’ve had for so long,” Colin told reporters on the “Once Upon A Time” set in Vancouver on Thursday. “So he’s sort of a man who’s had a massive internal struggle and I definitely think there’s a side of him that wants to do the right thing, within the confines of being Captain Hook, and being a pirate, and being quite selfish. So that’s kind of where he’s at, at the minute.”

He isn’t always selfish. In last Sunday’s Season 3 premiere, the pirate captain gave Henry’s mother, Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), a gift of great personal and sentimental value in order to cheer her up and arm her for their journey to Neverland — an item that belonged to her ex — Neil/Baelfire (Michael Raymond-James).

“[Previously,] Hook was willing to give up everything for Baelfire to sort of become a father figure to him and in the first episode he gives Emma this sword that he’s kept for hundreds of years that was Baelfire’s sword and he says that he misses him as well, and so she sees a side of him that’s kind of a little bit different,” Colin said. “She sees that he does actually care about Baelfire. … Hook and Emma have always sort of been able to see an element of themselves in each other.”

But, whether kindness, caring, and being a handsome, quick-witted pirate will lead to romance for Hook and Emma is still up in the air.

“I guess we’ll see,” Colin said when one reporter asked how long Emma could avoid Hook’s charms. “Maybe she will. Maybe she won’t.”

But there’s no doubt Hook’s flirty one liners will keep coming.

“I did like that line in the first episode — ‘I quite you fancy you from time to time when you’re not yelling at me.’ — I like that one,” Colin smiled when Access Hollywood asked on the set visit trip, courtesy of ABC, about his amusing Season 3 dialogue. “I somehow manage to get away with these crazy lines with massive amounts of innuendo and stuff. It’s great.”

Around those lighter lines is some dark material. Henry has been kidnapped under the direction of Peter Pan, who now holds the youngster. Hook is the one character who knows Peter the best and as the season unfolds, audiences will get to learn more about the “Once Upon A Time” version of their fairytale history.

“At some stage you will get to see what’s gone on in the past, some of what’s gone in the past ‘cause remember that he was in Neverland for hundreds of years,” Colin said. “[Pan] — he’s quite a nasty character, really and sort of, traditionally, Hook, I guess, is the kind of bad guy. But their relationship is complicated. It’s not just as straightforward as, ‘Hook wants to kill Pan.’ … He’s tied to him in ways that I can’t actually say at the minute, but it’s interesting the way that they’ve done it.”

“Once Upon A Time” continues Sunday at 8/7c on ABC.

-- Jolie Lash

http://www.accesshollywood.com/once-upon-a...a_article_85121

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time Season 3: Ginnifer Goodwin Previews ‘Gut-Wrenching’ Talk Between Snow & Emma

First Published: October 6, 2013 2:36 PM EDT

VANCOUVER, B.C. -- “Once Upon A Time” continues this Sunday night at 8/7c on ABC and Ginnifer Goodwin’s Snow White and Jennifer Morrison’s Emma Swan will finally sit down for a meaningful mother-daughter talk.

“I wanted to have the mother-daughter talk in Episode 201, after the curse broke,” Ginnifer said, when Access Hollywood posed the question to the actress, after ABC flew us up to the Vancouver set, where they made us their guest earlier this week. “I couldn’t think of anything more pressing than addressing the dynamic between a mother and daughter who are the same age and [have] been through what they’ve been through.”

Ginnifer said the family being together in Neverland, away from the distractions of Storybrooke, will finally provide that opportunity.

“I say this without being sarcastic in any way, our exciting and adventurous plot last year kept interrupting those kinds of conversations, so every time we went to address the relationship between them — Emma’s abandonment issues, Snow’s guilt, we’d be interrupted by some external obstacle,” Ginnifer explained. “So now that we are in Neverland… one of the things about this world is that you’re forced to face yourself and face your past, which makes sense in a world where everything is based on youth, which we all know from the story of Peter Pan. So because we are tonally stuck somewhere like that, at the beginning of the season we’re going to absolutely have an opportunity to finally sit down and have these talks.”

The actress said that her character —Snow/Mary Margaret — comes from the perspective that “sorry” is — eventually — going to be good enough to make their relationship right.

“What I love that I have been given to play as an actress, is that Snow has clearly thought, since the end of Season 1 that all it would ever take to heal the relationship between Emma and Snow would be saying, ‘I’m sorry.’ Like she thinks there’s some magical number that once she hits saying, ‘I’m sorry,’ that many times, that it will make up for everything that’s happened,” Ginnifer said. “And so we do have a really gut-wrenching confrontation, I mean, I guess I’d call it a confrontation. Even though it’s not combative, there’s confrontation between them in this episode that really illuminates that misconception of Snow’s. And it was a really, really hard scene to film.”

“Once Upon A Time” airs Sundays at 8/7c on ABC.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/once-upon-a...a_article_85190

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ONCE UPON A TIME: Ginnifer Goodwin on Shooting the Emotional Snow/Emma Scene in ‘Lost Girl’

October 7, 2013 by Marisa Roffman

ONCE UPON A TIME’s Snow and Charming have known that Emma is their (now-grown) daughter for a season, but while they have slipped into the parental roles fairly easily (especially considering the trio is around the same age), it has been a much tougher adjustment for Emma…who spent her life thinking her parents abandoned her.

The topic had been mostly danced around until last night’s episode, “Lost Girl,” when Pan gave Emma a blank sheet of paper, and told her the map that would lead her to find Henry in Neverland would only reveal itself when she was honest with herself about what she truly was. Emma tried everything confession she could think of to make the map work correctly, but it wasn’t until Snow forced the topic that Emma admitted that Neverland had taken her back to how she had always felt: like an orphan. And while the scene was absolutely heartbreaking to watch, it was equally difficult for the actors to film.

“I kept losing it when we were filming,” Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow) told reporters last week on the show’s Vancouver set. “Jen [Morrison (Emma)] and I both did. And I kept having to check myself and say, ‘Wait, am I losing it as Snow, or am I losing it as an audience member who sympathizes? In which case it’s not appropriate to necessarily be losing it while filming this scene.’”

“You know, and it’s also a matter of characters in the moment aren’t really analyzing themselves psychologically, while we’re analyzing them psychologically [as we're watching],” she continued. “And so because you know we had been waiting for this moment for so long, and then it comes up in such a surprising way, it’s really…just heartbreaking.”

What did you think of Emma finally telling her mother how she felt? Was it what you hoped it would be?

ONCE UPON A TIME airs Sundays at 8 PM on ABC.
    http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2013/...e-in-lost-girl/

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Colin O'Donoghue previews Hook's Neverland struggles + more 'OUAT' backstory

October 10, 2013

The story of Peter Pan and Captain Hook on which we all grew up had the latter as the clear-cut bad guy who went around tormenting young children. But ABC's Once Upon A Time has introduced a very different take-- one that not only introduced Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) as an almost impossibly charming (no pun intended) and more sensitive than we might imagined man but also as a man that though out for revenge was so for love and a sense of family that many might not have thought possible for such a traditionally mustache-twirly character. Hook even managed to set aside some of his personal quest to help Emma (Jennifer Morrison) attempt to rescue her son from Neverland-- a place that Hook knows better than almost anyone and therefore knows to fear. How will Hook continue to grow and evolve based on his decision to put aside his own mission and help someone else, let alone to confront some demons in Neverland? LA TV Insider Examiner sat down with O'Donoghue on set to find out!

"You saw towards the end of last season...he sort of said 'If I do get my revenge, what have I got to live for? What are we doing?' And I think he is beginning to realize that there's more to life than just trying to get revenge, you know, and I think there are certain elements that are helping him realize that and giving him something to sort of live for, I guess," O'Donoghue said.

"He's quite different; he's struggling with whether or not he should try to become this new person or not and that's difficult for him because I think there's a part of him that wants to try to do the right thing, but he's been living with this hatred and revenge for hundreds of years, so it's tough to let go of. That's a real struggle for him."

The simple fact that O'Donoghue believes Hook is struggling with right and wrong proves that he's a much more complicated man, and seeing Peter Pan (Robbie Kay) as an absolutely tortured and warped because of it soul interestingly offers an insight and dichotomy into Hook, too, that continues to expand the audience's perception of him. While O'Donoghue shared that he has never approached playing Hook as an "out and out villain," it has been his selfishness that defined him when we first met him, and now that is shifting.

"Selfishness made him do villainous things at times. And a lot of it could be hearsay-- a lot of the stories about Hook that people sort of-- I don't know yet, but the way I saw it was that, similar to The Princess Bride...there's this sort of myth behind him but nobody ever saw it happen," O'Donoghue said.

"I do think he'd happily kill you if he had to, but he might have a little bit of a cry about it after."

Once Upon A Time will give further insight into Hook's story this third season with a flashback episode that will show a side of Killian Jones that O'Donoghue thought would "surprise people." In it we will see a younger version of him that may not be expected-- but will it inform why he relates as much as he does to Emma (Jennifer Morrison)?

"I think the relationship that they have is sort of complicated because they both care deeply for Baelfire. Emma loves him, you know, and Hook was willing to give up everything to become his step-father-- that figure. And in the first episode you see that he has kept his sword. Remember that he would have had to have kept that sword for hundreds of years, and he says to her-- 'cause she said 'Obviously you guys were quite close'-- and he said 'I miss him, too'. And he was very, very genuine about that. They always saw an element of themselves in each other anyway, I think, from when they went up the beanstalk, but in particular this sort of thing you know is kind of, they're not that dissimilar," O'Donoghue said.

Once Upon A Time airs on ABC on Sunday nights at 8 p.m.

http://www.examiner.com/article/colin-o-do...-ouat-backstory

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Michael Raymond-James on Neal's journey to find his family on 'Once Upon A Time'

October 11, 2013

From the earliest experience in Fairytale Land on ABC's Once Upon A Time, Baelfire (Michael Raymond-James) was always somewhat of a loner. Whether it was because he lived in the woods as an only child with his family who were then torn apart, because his father became the Dark One everyone feared therefore keeping them at a distance, or because he then went through a portal alone, he has thought on his feet and risen to challenges of being intrepid for himself. His time in the modern day world as Neal, though, allowed him to actually-- finally-- make connections with other people-- ones he is now proving he will fight to the death and return to dark, previously sworn off places in order to regain. But these are ones that he may only be able to rely on himself to regain. After all, he has the history with Neverland; he knows just how manipulative Peter Pan (Robbie Kay) can be.

"Neal's been somebody that, throughout most of his life since he was 13 and dropped through a portal, has been pretty self-reliant, so he knows how to operate on his own [but] if it turns out that there are people willing to help at this point where there's such a laser focus that there has never been in his life since he was a child, in terms of what he wants and how he needs to get there, if people are willing to help [he's] certainly not going to turn them away," Raymond-James said to LA TV Insider Examiner when we visited with him on set of Once Upon A Time.

"Neal obviously has some experience in Neverland and it's not a great neighborhood, but he knows how to operate there. Should he find himself in Neverland, those skills could be useful in terms of fighting the good fight, finding the solution."

We have seen before that the power of true love knows no bounds on Once Upon A Time. From simply waking Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) from a small curse, to breaking Regina's (Lana Parrilla) Storybrooke-wide curse, it has brought people back to each other and helped them remember who they are-- in the most literal sense. Raymond-James shared that Neal is "under no illusions that things between he and the woman that he loves are perfect," but will Neal's love be capable of bringing Emma (Jennifer Morrison) after she loses bits of herself, reverting back to her basest fears and emotions from childhood in Neverland? The answer that the show delivers may be the truest way to define their relationship.

"I can say, from Neal's perspective, that he feels Emma is his one true love," Raymond-James said.

"I think, now more than ever, he realizes that there's work to be done and is prepared to do whatever work is necessary because I've had an opportunity to sort of touch what Neal feels could be his happy ending but I haven't been able to grasp it yet. It was a fleeting sort of instant. So he's trying to get back there and whatever he needs to do in order to have that I think he's willing to do."

And yes, that includes working with magic, even though Raymond-James said that is something Neal would do "grudgingly."

"I have a really complicated and messy history with magic. That being said, if it can help me achieve the goals... This is 300 years in the making, to finally have a place where I feel like I belong, a sense of family that I haven't had since I was 13. That's the paramount thing. And if I have to utilize some magic along the way, that may have to be done," Raymond-James said.

"I don't know what the boys have in store I would be surprised to see Neal turn into a wizard at some point!"

Once Upon A Time airs on ABC on Sunday nights at 8 p.m.

http://www.examiner.com/article/michael-ra...nce-upon-a-time

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ONCE UPON A TIME: Jennifer Morrison, Michael Raymond-James, Colin O’Donoghue, and Eddy Kitsis Weigh in on the Emma-Hook-Neal Triangle

October 11, 2013 by Marisa Roffman

Many of the relationships on ONCE UPON A TIME are fairly simple with obvious rooting intentions (ex: Snow and Charming, Belle and Rumple), but for Emma Swan, her romantic life has always caused a bit of debate between fans.

In season 3, things are a bit up in the air for Ms. Swan as she (falsely) believes that Neal — who also happens to be the father of her missing son, Henry — is dead, and one of the people who is on Neverland trying to help her find Henry is Hook, with whom she’s had a bit of a reluctant spark with since they met last year. And while the timing is not really right for romance, will sparks be flying for either couple anyway?

“Obviously they think Neal is dead,” OUAT co-creator Eddy Kitsis told reporters last month. “Obviously Hook is a man who likes ladies. And as we saw last year when [they] climbed the beanstalk, Emma has probably captured his heart a little bit. But in the same respect, we see that Neal is fighting like hell to get a second chance with her. And right now, I think Emma is focused on getting Henry. She’s not someone who likes to let her walls down, and her heart’s been broken too many times for her to kind of be worried about dating right now. But we’ll see. She’s got two handsome guys.”

“Logically she believes that Neal is dead, for good reason,” Jennifer Morrison (Emma) pointed out. “But also emotionally she has to believe he’s dead because she’s already been through so much loss with him that I don’t think her heart could take hoping that he was still alive and in that situation. She’s pushed to the limit already so she has to believe that he’s dead for emotional and logical reasons. And in terms of Hook, just like everyone else in this group that you said has trouble working together, she’s making educated decisions moving forward without them. They all have a common goal — she believes they all want to save Henry — but she’s making educated decisions based on what their behavior has been in the past.”

“You know obviously she knows Regina has tried to murder thousands of people, so that does go into play when she makes decisions — although she has decided to trust Regina and trust that she wants to save Henry, and she does form a union with her in a certain way on this island, and there is a different kind of connection because of that,” Morrison continued. “And similarly with Hook, she believes that he probably has selfish reasons for wanting to do that from the start because based on her experiences with him in the past, she believes he’s going to do something selfish, and he kind of continues to surprise her by coming through, by truly being supportive, by actually being helpful, by doing things that seem at the surface sort of selfless. So there’s an interesting dynamic that starts to play out when she starts to realize that he exceeds her expectations in almost every situation and that has its own way of putting her off kilter because she then doesn’t know what to expect from him, even though what she’s saying is good. So that definitely is an interesting dynamic that starts to develop. It feels like, whether it’s the island or the way that they connect or get along, he seems to be changing in a way, and she’s taking note of that.”

For his part, Colin O’Donoghue (Hook) noted that regardless of Hook’s pull towards Emma, Neal’s presence is never far from their minds. (Hook, after all, was involved with Neal/Baefire’s mother before Rumple killed her.)

“I think the relationship that they have is sort of complicated, because they both care deeply for Baelfire[/Neal],” O’Donoghue said. “Emma loves him, you know, and Hook was willing to give up everything to become his stepfather. And in the first episode you see that he has kept his sword. Remember that he would have had to have kept that sword for hundreds of years, and he says to her — cause she said ‘Obviously you guys were quite close,’ and he said ‘I miss him, too.’ And he was very, very genuine about that. They always saw an element of themselves in each other anyway, I think, from when they went up the beanstalk, but in particular this sort of thing you know is kind of, they’re not that dissimilar.”

So where does that leave Neal? After all, he is currently trapped in fairytale land, trying to make his way back to the people he loves, unaware of what might be brewing between Hook and Emma.

“Neal is under no illusions that things between he and the woman that he loves are perfect,” Michael Raymond-James (Neal/Bae) admitted. “I think, now more than ever, he realizes that there’s work to be done and is prepared to do whatever work is necessary, because I’ve had an opportunity to sort of touch what Neal feels could be his happy ending, but I haven’t been able to grasp it yet. It was a fleeting sort of instant. So he’s trying to get back there and whatever he needs to do in order to have that I think he’s willing to do.”

-

ONCE UPON A TIME airs Sundays at 8 PM on ABC.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2013/...-neal-triangle/

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

October 31, 2013 09:25 AM PDT

Once Upon a Time: JoAnna Garcia Talks 'Klepto' Ariel, Swim Fin Woes — Plus: Exclusive Video

This Sunday at 8/7c, ABC’s Once Upon a Time heads under the sea to introduce us to a little mermaid. As played by JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba), a front-runner for the role since Season 1, Ariel will in flashback face off against a “familiar” foe, while in Neverland she offers her special swimming skills to Emma and the gang.

Swisher spoke with TVLine about assuming the iconic princess for “more than a couple of episodes,” the pitfalls of swimming with a fin and how Ariel will make a splash in Storybrooke. Plus: An exclusive clip of her debut.

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time‘s Ariel Makes a Splash

TVLINE | You as Ariel — this has been, what, two years in the making?
    I know, right? I’m so glad they decided to this right after I had a baby!

TVLINE | I was going to say, a few months earlier and you would have had to politely decline.
    Even a few months after, I was like, “Oh god, here we go….”

TVLINE | [Once cocreator] Adam Horowitz is a great Yankees fan. Were you ever concerned along the way that your husband [Nick Swisher] leaving the Bronx to join the Cleveland Indians would jeopardize this gig?
    Not in the slightest. In fact it was really cute, Adam got to talk to Nick while we were in Vancouver. He was really excited.

TVLINE | Where do we pick up Ariel’s story in Fairytale Land? Has she met Prince Eric yet?
    Yes, she has – so she’s pining, plotting to figure out a way to see him again. She has met him and she is madly in love. It’s incredibly romantic. I save Snow White’s life, so to return the favor, Snow teaches me how to be a princess. And she also urges me to be myself and tell him the truth and follow my heart and all those incredibly romantic Snow White notions.

TVLINE | How and why does Ursula enter the picture?
    Well, there’s always a price to pay with magic, and when you dangle the idea of being with Eric in front of Ariel, she will go to no end to make it happen.

TVLINE | Meanwhile, what are you up to on the Neverland side?
    Well, mermaids can swim between realms, so that ability becomes quite handy and useful to the gang…. They call upon Ariel to maybe help in their fight.

TVLINE | Is there any moment of recognition between Regina and Ariel? Because Regina is Ursula, right?
    Yes, Regina is Ursula. I think there probably is a little bit of resentment….

TVLINE | So, why the purse? What’s in it?
    Where else am I going to keep my dinglehopper, Matt?! I’m definitely enamored with little objects – I’m a bit of a klepto – and I find things along the way that I fancy to be mine. It’s my “treasure bag.”

TVLINE | Are there other nods to Ariel’s JOANNA GARCIA SWISHER, GIL MCKINNEYstory? Is there a crab…?
    There is a crab, but he’s not dancing round and adorable. It’s just a brief sort of tip of the hat. In fact, I explain to them that we don’t eat humans down below, so… it’s kind of horrifying to see seafood everywhere!

TVLINE | Emile de Ravin said that Belle has scenes with Ariel…. Is that more down the pike?
    It’s not as far down the pike as you would imagine. Like I said, mermaids can swim between realms, so we do get to interact. Obviously when you’re a guest on a show, it’s your job to help the heroes along in their journey, and I really love the fact that Ariel gets to do that in a lot of ways.

TVLINE | When swimming between realms, can she bring someone along for the ride, if they hang on tight?
    I don’t think that would be suggested! But the bag that you were asking about, it definitely helps in her journey.

TVLINE | Any costume issues?
    I mean, thank god for Spanx! [Laughs] But Eduardo [Castro] is an incredible costume designer, so there were no issues. I did have some times where my back was hurting because I swam a lot with my legs bound… and I was in the real ocean quite a bit, on two different occasions. I really feel like I didn’t think through all of it! I was like, “You want me in the ocean, not the 100-degree water tank/giant Jacuzzi?” [Laughs]

TVLINE | Oh, and it can get chilly there in Vancouver.
    It was so… cold. The day that I had to go into the ocean, Lee Arenberg (“Leroy/Grumpy”), who’s like a surfer dude and has been in all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, helped get me through that with some tips.

TVLINE | Jen Morrison was telling me how she had to sneak a sweater onto Emma in an upcoming episode, it was that cold out one day.
    Just this past Monday, I was like, “Where did you get gloves, dude?” And Jen was like, “It’s magic — we can manifest things here.” I was like, “I wish I had known that a month ago!”

TVLINE | You and Jen go back a ways, right?
    She’s one of my closest girlfriends, yeah. She was at my wedding, and at every big monumental moment in my life, and I think she’s so fantastic. One of the reasons I watched the [Once Upon a Time] pilot is because I watch everything that my girlfriends do, and I was like, “Whoa, this is spectacular.” I instantly became a fan. so I was excited to be able to do this!

http://tvline.com/2013/10/31/once-upon-a-t...-swisher-ariel/

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time': JoAnna Garcia on 'Quirky' Ariel, Romance and Befriending Snow White

8:00 AM PDT 11/1/2013 by Philiana Ng

In a chat with THR, the actress discusses taking on the Little Mermaid, going up against a familiar enemy and how Ariel plays into the quest to save Henry.

JoAnna Garcia enters the Once Upon a Time universe as iconic Disney princess Ariel, aka the Little Mermaid.

"The idea of doing this has been in my life for a while, so I was happy when they figured out a way for Ariel to come into the story that I was able to do this," Garcia, who debuts in the Nov. 3 episode of ABC's fairy tale drama, tells The Hollywood Reporter. "To be able to play a beloved Disney princess has been a dream come true."

Though there was a brief glimpse in the season opener of a group of angry mermaids terrorizing the occupants on the Jolly Roger, Ariel won't be in the same boat. She "definitely marches to the beat of her own drum," Garcia says.

In a chat with THR, the actress previews Ariel's arc, going up against a familiar enemy and the Little Mermaid's romance with Prince Eric.

Executive producers Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are known for putting their own twists on iconic characters. Did they inform you of Ariel's arc and how they planned to differentiate her from what we're familiar with?

They did. Mermaids are not nice creatures in the story of Once Upon a Time, so I was a little nervous of the fact that Ariel would be some renegade, but they informed me very quickly that she would be a very sweet version. She would play similarly in that regard to the original Ariel, which I was excited about and quite relieved because I don't think I have thick enough skin to make Ariel evil. But in perfect Eddy and Adam form, they created a character that is very true and pulls on your heartstrings, in the same way the animated version does. How she's woven into their whole quilt has the Once Upon a Time flair to it.

We got a glimpse of how vicious the mermaids can get in the premiere. How distinct is Ariel from her counterparts?

Ariel definitely marches to the beat of her own drum. Her life is filled with curiosity and optimism and she's completely a hopeless romantic. I think that that lends itself to an organic way of her not being a part of that evil crew. I think she would be quite offended if someone fancied herself to be anything but sweet and kind. Her whole life mission is she's in love with this man and wants to find him and wants to be with him and she can't stop being with him. It sounds scary but it's actually romantic and sweet.

What can you say about her connection to Prince Eric (Gil McKinney)?

Thematically it's very similar [to the animated feature]. It's love at first sight. She saves him, falls in love with this shipwrecked prince and it's her life's mission to find her way back to him. The fact that she's a mermaid and he's a man is not necessarily [ideal] -- even if they were to happen upon each other, it wouldn't necessarily work. It's a great love mixed with a great tragedy, but having said that, that's what her friendship with Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) shows her, that not only can she be who she truly is, there's a chance. She just has to stay true to herself and Snow White gives her the confidence to do that. But in true Once Upon a Time form, there's always a twist.

How does Ariel come to meet Snow White?

Snow White is on the run at this time and Ariel is in the right place in the right time and ends up saving her life. There's an instant appreciation and almost instantly, there's a friendship that's sort of sparked. To repay Ariel for helping save her life, she wants to help her find her true love. Because snow White wants that so much in her life and can't have it. They have this old friendship that withstands the test of time and ultimately will help save Henry (Jared S. Gilmore).

How does Regina (Lana Parrilla) play into Ariel's story? (In a promo, we see Ariel refer to her as Ursula.)

Regina is Ursula. That is something they're letting me tell you. They've released it. That is one thing I am allowed to say. She is Ursula. There are no limits to Regina's tentacles ... evil tentacles.

What else should we keep in mind about Ariel?

The love affair of Eric and Ariel, being that it's the most important thing to her, exploring that has been fun and something I was glad to do. But there are also other quirky elements to Ariel that I really love, the fact that she finds a lot of weight and finds these simple, mundane items on land to be incredible treasures and I love that part of her. She's quirky.

Does Ariel resurface in present day? If she does, how?

Mermaids can swim between realms so in an attempt to fight Pan (Robbie Kay) and gather the things they need, Ariel can find herself to be very useful.

Should we expect Ariel to have some surprising interactions with characters other than Snow White?

Like I said, mermaids can swim between realms so there's no limit to the people Ariel can come into contact with. She doesn't need a magic bean. (Laughs.)

Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...a-garcia-652170

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Fri, Oct 25, 2013 | 19:25 PM

9 Secrets from the Set of Once Upon a Time

By Kaitlin Menz

On OKMagazine.com‘s recent journey to Vancouver to visit a bunch of television sets, we stopped by the set of the hit ABC drama Once Upon a Time. It’s the third season of the show, but the cast was so excited to talk to us it may as well be brand new! Here’s what we learned.

The cast loves being forced together this season.

All the adult characters are stuck together on a journey in Neverland, and the actors are enjoying all this together time. “Not that we were separated last season, but everybody had a separate goal and very different kind of obstacles, and now we have a common goal,” Ginnifer Goodwin explains. “We are truly sharing story lines now, and I really missed it. The whole family is together on a road trip, and it’s something that’s going to happen a lot this season.”

Oh, and the cast is incredibly beautiful in person.

This may not sound especially shocking. They’re in Hollywood after all, right? But I sat right next to the cast members as each came over for speed-dating-style interviews, and was blown away by their fresh faces and unbelievable beauty in person. Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Emilie de Ravin, and Lana Parrilla—can you hook a girl up with a dermatologist?

The Neverland set is breathtaking.

Being a fantasy drama, OUAT is filmed with plenty of help from green screens, but we reporters were permitted to tour the giant set of Neverland. Housed in a big studio, walking through the jungle felt like walking through Disneyland, except the dirt and trees smelled pretty real. It was magical.

Jared Gilmore is so excited for his big story line.

His character Henry was kidnapped by the Lost Boys, but it’s making for some fun filming for Jared. “My favorite part is getting to work with Peter Pan and all the Lost Boys. It’s so different for me, getting to work with all these people who are more my age,” he says. “It’s nice having kid friends.” Adorable!

Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas keep it professional.

I met the on-screen and off-screen couple and interviewed them in the same room and had no idea they were even dating until I returned to New York and found out they got engaged just days after our visit. How cute will it be when they can tell their kids that mommy and daddy met while they were playing freakin’ Snow White and Prince Charming on TV?

Jennifer Morrison is happy that Snow and Emma are working out their issues.

“Ginnifer is just so wonderful, and we love working together, and the writing is so stirring. I couldn’t read that without crying,” Jennifer says of the early confrontation between mother and daughter this season. “We’re so connected in real life and as characters. It’s an awesome opportunity as an actor to connect with another actor and have one of those moments.”

Designing the costumes for this show is a fashion person’s dream.

As I mentioned in my post about visiting the set of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, the only thing more incredible than the costumes on this fairy-tale show was seeing how they are made. Every single costume from every season of Once Upon a Time is archived in the warehouse in Vancouver, and I loved poring over the alligator-skin epaulettes, bejeweled capes, and custom-made leather boots. Just amazing.

Lana Parrilla has a lot of fun playing an evil b*tch.

She was one of my favorite cast members to talk to. “It’s so fun for me to say those lines [like "Filet the b*tch" in the season opener]. I do realize how successful that one line could be,” Lana laughs. “It’s a huge hit! Everyone tweeted that night that that was their favorite line of the whole show. I have many of those this season.”

Ginnifer and Josh aren’t the only ones in love.

Once our interviews were done, a reporter complimented Lana on her gorgeous engagement ring, and she couldn’t help but gush about her fiance. “I am just so in love,” she said, smiling, going on to say she never thought it would really happen for her. Fairy tales do come true, y’all!

http://okmagazine.com/meet-the-stars/9-sec...ce-upon-a-time/

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ginnifer Goodwin: Fans Will Love Ariel’s Once Upon A Time Introduction

November 1, 2013 2:33 PM EDT Credit: ABC

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Ginnifer Goodwin revealed that this Sunday’s “Once Upon a Time” episode, titled “Ariel” (as in The Little Mermaid), was one of her favorites to film. But initially, she wanted no part of it.

“I really desperately did not want to be part of the Ariel storyline because I figured it would involve getting wet. And it did,” Ginnifer laughed with reporters during a recent set visit in Vancouver, which AccessHollywood.com attended courtesy of ABC. “But it ended up being one of my favorite episodes I’ve filmed, truly.”

Meeting the flame haired mermaid has been something “Once” fans have been wanted since the very first season.

It’s actress JoAnna Garcia Swisher who plays Ariel in the episode, and Ginnifer thinks it will come as a delight to the show’s fairytale lovers.

“I think that the Ariel introduction is going to make all of our fans and all the Disney fans supremely happy because she’s everything you want Ariel to be and the actress who plays her brings this layer of emotional intelligence to it that I didn’t really foresee that I found super impressive and meshes really well with all of the rest of our characters in our world,” Ginnifer, who plays Snow White, said.

Ginnifer also explained how the two legendary characters come face to face.

“Snow and Ariel come together because of a near fatal experience in which Ariel saves Snow, and so Snow is going try to repay the favor by helping Ariel find the love of her life. And so that’s how that comes about,” she said.

Asked by one reporter if Ariel could end up in Neverland, Ginnifer had little to say.

“I have been banned from talking about what ways we see Ariel other than my flashback relationship with her,” she laughed.

But, as AccessHollywood.com learned when we spoke with JoAnna by phone earlier this week, Ariel will not appear just the one time. She returns in a future episode.

“I do stick around for a minute. In fact, I just got back from Canada, so that’s probably all I should say,” JoAnna laughed. “It’s been really fun and it’s been a great experience.”

“Once Upon a Time” airs Sunday night at 8/7c on ABC.

-- Jolie Lash

http://www.accesshollywood.com/ginnifer-go...n_article_86233

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Good Morning Storybrooke-What’s Going On Report

Video

15. floorplan
        +1   -1

User deleted

LOL she looked...so Emma in this clip, all huffy.

137 replies since 18/10/2011, 20:57   6848 views