Once Upon a Time: Interview to Cast & Crew

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon A Time' Season 2 Scoop From Creators Adam Horowitz And Eddy Kitsis

They discussed some of the events of the premiere and touched on what's to come this season in our wide-ranging Q&A, which has been edited, condensed and presented below. Read on for some hints on what you can expect from Emma and Snow's relationship, how we'll meet Henry's father, August's return and what will happen to Regina in upcoming episodes. Spoilers for the Season 2 premiere ahead.

On how Emma and Snow's relationship will evolve from here:
    Kitsis: Well, I think the interesting thing for us on that is that all last season, Emma didn't believe that [Mary Margaret] was her mom. She was kind of like the big sister, giving her dating advice and things you would never do with your mom. Now they're in a strange land where Mary Margaret remembers she was Snow White. Snow White doesn't need a big sister, and Snow White has more information about that land than Emma. So I think it'll be interesting as they feel out their mother/daughter/big sister/friend/best friend relationship. And I think that what's also interesting is that it's one thing to believe [that magic is real and Snow is her mom] and it's another thing to see it. Now Emma's actually in the land where Henry kept telling her she was really from. And so I think there's a real mix of emotions. And we're excited also that you're going to get a bit of Emma before she had Henry. [The flashback to Emma's past] will be Episode 6 ... In that episode you'll meet Henry's father.

On Charming's story while Snow and Emma are trapped:
    Kitsis: He's Dustin Hoffman in "Kramer vs. Kramer," except instead of his wife leaving him, she fell through a magical hat into another world. [Laughs.] What's so interesting for David is he now has a wife to find, a daughter to find, a town to run, and a grandson to take care of, even though he was a parent for 28 minutes. And so there's a lot to unwind in the town. There's lots of questions I'm sure people have, like, "Can they leave, and what the hell was that smoke, and what the hell's going to happen?" He's going to have to sort through that all and bring his wife back. Luckily for him, Snow and Emma are not damsels in distress, so I have a feeling they'll be able to find their own way back.
    Horowitz: We call them "damsels with daggers."

On writing strong female characters:
    Kitsis: For us, that was the kind of show we wanted to do, because we weren't interested in weakness with women, because that's not real. And what's real is a Snow White that wields a sword, and that can steal, and torture a knight with a pickaxe.
    Horowitz: Exactly. From day one of writing the pilot, I remember writing the first sequence. We sat there and we said, "When that queen comes in, who's going to pull the sword?" "It has to be Snow." And that kind of started it.

On Regina's journey this season:
    Horowitz: She's got a dilemma.
    Kitsis: Well, for us, what was interesting about writing the finale was, she had a choice. We have seen an entire season of her making the wrong choices. This one is, you can save Henry or you could save your curse, but you can't have both. And she chose her son, so it makes you wonder if that void in her heart has been filled. And I think in the premiere, one of our favorite moments is Regina finding out that the only reason Emma and Snow are helping her is because Henry asked.
    Horowitz: That's the thing; she can be evil and she can do terrible, terrible things. But if we understand why, and there's a humanity at the core of that, that's what allows you to watch it. It allows us to write it. You still want her to be a villain. You still want her to be an antagonist. But she's got extremely good arguments for everything. She raised that kid for 10 years before this woman came. But she has to balance the fact that she tried to be a mom with the fact that she does horrible things like curse millions of people.
    Kitsis: And yes, she took her son to a psychiatrist who turned out to be a cricket because her son had delusions that these books were real, only to find out they were actually true. So there's some damage control to be done with her [and Henry].

On Rumple and Belle:
    Kitsis: The thing that's great about Belle is, she can see the beauty beneath the skin, and Rumple clearly has a plan. I don't think in that plan, as meticulous as he is, he ever accounted for her being alive. So again, there's a man who's often faced choices between love and power ...
    Horowitz: That's the thing; it's about having these choices, having these crossroads, and creating these dilemmas where, as a writer and an audience member, you can look and say, "I'd want to go left, too. I know I should go this way." But the deck is stacked so that you get why they make the choice, even if it's wrong.

On August's return:
    Horowitz: You will see him.
    Kitsis: Yeah. We can't tell you how, or why, or where, or when, but we can tell you that Eion Bailey will be back this season.
    Horowitz: Yeah, we're very excited to have him returning and to further that character's story.

On bringing back The Huntsman (Jamie Dornan) at some point -- and whether they regret killing him:
    Kitsis: Well, we designed that character to die, but knowing Jamie and how much we love him, of course it tortures us.
    Horowitz: We love Jamie so much.
    Kitsis: We'd love to get him back again this year. He just did a movie, so he's busy.
    Horowitz:He's part of the DNA of the show, and because of that he's always a part of it. Any time we can find the way to bring him in, we would be happy to do it.
    Kitsis: Yeah, in the finale that was sort of our fave -- we designed that entire thing just to give him that entrance where he pulls the mask up. His handsomeness will stun you.

On Captain Hook's (Colin O'Donoghue) introduction:
    Horowitz: All we can reveal is that he will tie in rather quickly, in this first batch of episodes ...
    Kitsis: He has interesting relationships with a few of our characters ...

On bringing in other iconic characters -- such as Ariel -- who were rumored early on, but aren't in the first batch of episodes:
    Kitsis: There's a lot of characters and people that we have ideas for, it's just a matter of when we get to them. We're going to meet Lancelot, Hook.
    Horowitz: The Giant [from "Jack and the Beanstalk"]
    Kitsis: We have a lot of toys, right? So we're going to deal with them.
    Horowitz: We have ideas for a lot of characters like Ariel, for example. Right now, these are the ones we're playing with, but we'd love to have the opportunity to do a lot.

On whether Mulan, Phillip and Aurora can technically be classified as a love triangle:
    Kitsis: Well, what I think is interesting about that love triangle is that it started with her, Mulan, helping her friend go wake up his true love. So in a way, the triangle is done, in the sense that she's already said, "You need to go do that." So what happens from here on out, and whether or not he's dead ... I mean, all I saw was his soul being sucked out ...

On whether there will be one major villain in Season 2, or a number of antagonists:
    Kitsis: I don't know ... I know that Barbara Hershey will be back [as Regina's mother]. I know that Captain Hook, if I remember from "Peter Pan," wasn't the nicest of guys.
    Horowitz: He's got a hook on his hand!
    Kitsis: I think he is misunderstood. He has a complicated backstory.

"Once Upon a Time" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Who are you most looking forward to seeing in Season 2? Share your predictions and reactions from the premiere below!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/30/o...l?utm_hp_ref=tw

2. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Damsels with daggers...I love that phrase and it's very appropriate for Emma & Snow! LOL :lol:

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time' Season 2 Spoilers: Emma's Own Fairytale, and a Look at Hook

With Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) trapped back in fairytale land after the end of episode one, we can already tell that season two of Once Upon a Time is about to get shaken up far beyond what we’ve come to expect from the show.

Entertainment Weekly got a chance to speak with Morrison as well as the show’s creators about what happens in the other realm, and they can at least assure us that Emma and Snow are (fairly) safe at the hands of Mulan—or so we assume.

“We can do fairy tale land stories this year with a new element that can react to things in a way we haven’t been able to do before,” executive producer Adam Horowitz explained.

Taking Emma out of Storybrooke and placing her into a new world will definitely bring a different perspective on the stories. She was already hit with a rush of information—mainly her true parents’ identities and the fact that the curse and magic are real—so thrusting her into a bizarre land can only further her confusion.

“There’s a whole new reason for her to be skeptical because she’s been dumped into a land that makes no sense to her,” said Morrison of her character’s relocation.

“There’s also the emotional level for us of having a mother and daughter together,” Horowitz added.

In other Once news, we already know we’ll be adding new characters—and have already seen Aurora and Mulan take center stage in the fairy land. The big one, however, is Captain Hook, who will get his backstory on October 21 in the episode “The Crocodile.” But what does he look like? Well, Entertainment Weekly scored the first exclusive clear image of Colin O’Donoghue in the role—and he’s a lot hotter than we imagined (click to check him out).

Of course, they point out that the image is of him before the trauma that causes him to wear a hook for a hand—so get a good look at him now and let us know what you think! Lucky for us, SpoilerTV has also learned that O’Donoghue has been promoted to a series regular, so we’ll be seeing a lot more of that pretty face soon...

Until Hook’s debut, however, episode two, “We Are Both” (penned by Jane Espenson), will focus more on Regina (Lana Parrilla) regaining her powers—as well as how she learned magic in the first place. Meanwhile, we’ll find out more of what happens to Emma and Snow in the other world.

Catch Once Upon a Time Sunday night at 8 p.m. on ABC.

http://www.allmediany.com/articles/4859-on...-a-look-at-hook

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time's Jane Espenson: Snow and Emma's Journey Will Be a Long One

Oct 4, 2012 10:18 PM ET
    by Natalie Abrams

Once Upon a Time's Charming family reunion was painfully short-lived and that won't change any time soon.

In last Sunday's premiere, Emma (Jennifer Morrison) was sucked into a portal to what was left of fairy-tale land after the curse. Unwilling to lose her daughter again, her faithful mother Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) jumped in after her, sending them both directly into the clutches of presumed enemies Mulan (Jamie Chung) and Aurora (Sarah Bolger).

Once Upon a Time: Now that the curse has been broken, the real trouble begins

So now what? The journey back to Storybrooke will be a long one, according to consulting producer Jane Espenson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Battlestar Galactica), who penned this Sunday's outing, in which we also learn the origin story behind Regina (Lana Parrilla) and Rumplestiltskin's (Robert Carlyle) troubled relationship. Get the scoop:

For the writers, how hard has been it been balancing three story lines?
    Jane Espenson: When we started the season with the three threads instead of two, we were all tentative. Will this work? It really quickly became evident that it was not just going to work, but it was going to step everything up. For the first time, you have story lines that are happening contemporaneous with each other. We always had those fairy-tale story lines from the past. We just felt this excitement when we got to the end of Episode 201, when we do that reveal that these two stories have been happening at the same time. We can still tell stories from the past, so we've got three different colors of story on the board; we write on the white board with different color ink. We've totally fallen in love with these stories.

In Sunday's episode, we'll see how Regina met Rumple, which kind of sounds like When Harry Met Sally... in a way, though I'm sure it's very different.
    Espenson: [Laughs] Can an evil queen and a wicked sorcerer be friends? They are the main focus of this episode, but there's an awful lot going on in town with David (Joshua Dallas) as well. They're sharing the spotlight. I'd listen carefully to what Rumple says about their first meeting. Maybe this is their first meeting, but maybe they go even further back.

For Snow and Emma, they're enemies of this land because of the Wraith. How are they navigating those waters?
    Espenson: They've got a lot of explaining to do. It's not just about explaining that it's not their fault, but where did they come from? Are they who they say they are? Who is that anyway? We don't know what relationships Mulan and Aurora had with the characters that we've already seen from fairy-tale land. Will they know the name Snow White or not? Of course, Emma doesn't know anything about this world. We handed them a big old of bouquet of obstacles to deal with. Not to mention, they're dealing with charred fairy-tale land. I'm reminded of cinder Earth from Battlestar Galactica and what happens when you find the place you've been yearning for and it's not what you thought it would be. It's interesting for both sides. Aurora and Mulan are going to have to deal with who these people are, who they naturally blame for this terrible situation. And we have to deal with Snow and Emma, on the other hand, dealing with this strange world.

Nice Battlestar reference.
    Espenson: We never say it explicitly in the room, and I don't think [executive producers] Adam [Horowitz] and Edward [Kitsis] have made the parallel, but when we talk about fairy-tale land, I can't help but think of cinder Earth. It's not, in any way, narratively used in the same way, but I always think of that heart-dropping feeling of finding Earth and it's cinder. It's very evocative.

Going back, you mentioning Aurora and Mulan possibly not being aware of Snow White is a parallel to Whale (David Anders) telling Charming that he's not his prince. Is that a geographical thing, or could that be Whale knowing that Charming wasn't really the prince?
    Espenson: I've heard a couple different interpretations of "You're not my prince." One being that he comes from a land that's not fairy-tale land, another being that he comes from a different part of fairy-tale land and has an allegiance to a different prince. I hadn't heard that one. That's cool too. Whale gets more and more interesting, doesn't he? I love that notion. That line is one of my favorite lines ever because it is so multiply interpretable. Obviously, we're keeping the Whale mystery going. It is worth thinking about that line and all the different things it could mean.

Emma's reaction to that line was also very strong. She's really starting to realize her father is a prince!
    Espenson: She has some amazing takes in these early episodes, where she's just still reeling from this realization and taking in this new world. It's not just intermittently heartbreaking — and the heartbreak on Snow's face when she hugged her, my God, and Emma realizing that she's found her parents and nothing that she thought was true is true — but it's also funny because we're dealing with this modern woman who's dealing with these crazy things that are apparently true. Beyond that, these are things she's read about in fairy tales throughout her life. It isn't just, "My father's a fairy-tale prince," it's, "My father is Prince Charming?!" That very notion is so comedically rich. Jennifer does such a great job of playing the comedy of it.

How soon will we get a sense of what the real danger is now in fairy-tale land?
    Espenson: They will be on to the danger in Sunday's episode; you'll learn a lot more. Look, in particular, to the very ending of Sunday's episode to get a glimpse at some real danger. It's not just ogres. It's so much worse.

Is part of that danger Hook (Colin O'Donoghue)? Are there people who have taken advantage of what this leftover world is?
    Espenson: The new cinder FTL has a number of dangerous characters in it, let's just say that. And yes, Hook is going to be introduced. Is there a line between those two? Sounds like a good guess to me.

FTL, aka fairy-tale land, made me think of Battlestar again!
    Espenson: It all goes back to Battlestar. [Laughs]

How difficult will Emma and Snow's journey back to Storybrooke be? Not only just the journey, but dealing with Emma's feeling about Snow and Charming having given her up.
    Espenson: Absolutely. It's not just going to be Snow and Emma trying to get back, but obviously David trying to figure out how to get them back from the other side. We don't know how possible that is. It's not going to be easy. The first scene of Sunday's episode is not going to be, "Oh look, I got the hat to work!" It's going to take some real effort and I would look for that to not be resolved right away. We've put them in a very difficult situation and we're not going to make it easy to get out of it.

And David can't just turn to Jefferson (Sebastian Stan) to have him make a new hat?
    Espenson: That is a very smart step to go to Jefferson. Does David know about Jefferson? I like that idea a lot and I wouldn't be shocked to see Jefferson show up at some point because he would be very useful.

Speaking of the hat, Emma appeared to have a hand in starting it up in the premiere. What are the consequences of the fact that Emma can apparently do magic?
    Espenson: Can she do magic? Or facilitate magic? Or conduct magic? That shot of her hand on the arm was certainly evocative. It was not meaningless. I wouldn't take that to mean Emma can do magic. But yes: Emma. Magic. Some sort of loop around those two words. Again, the first scene of Sunday's episode is also not going to be Emma making frogs appear. You're on a very long journey with these characters.

To find out what the first scene of Sunday's episode will be, tune in at 8/7c on ABC!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time...rs-1054260.aspx

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Lana Parrilla Talks Once Upon a Time Twist: 'It's a Victory' for Regina, 'Yet There's a Layer of Guilt'

And just like that, with the spin of a hat, Once Upon a Time‘s Mayor Regina Mills aka the Evil Queen (accidentally!) dispatched the two thorns in her side to “oblivion.” Yet Henry has now charged Regina with bringing back his birth mom Emma and Mary Margaret/Snow White. Easier said than done? During a visit to TVLine’s Times Square offices, Lana Parrilla previewed the obstacles standing in the way of Emma and Snow living happily ever after in Storybrooke again. (ABC’s Once airs Sunday at 8/7c.)

TVLINE | Coming out of the premiere, what range of emotions is Regina going through after Emma and Snow White fall through the portal? There are mixed emotions. For one, she somewhat feels guilty, because that wasn’t her intention. Secondly, it’s almost kind of like a tiny, tiny celebration, because she’s been trying to get rid of these two women for so long! But how it happened… was not ideal. So it’s all a bit confusing for Regina because it’s something that is almost like a victory, and yet at the same time, there is a layer of guilt there. I think Regina is a really good person, at the core of her being, but circumstances changed her over the years. TVLINE | As far as fixing the situation, is the fact that the hat is crushed a first roadblock? Yes, for sure, because that was the only portal that they had in Storybrooke. Now that it’s destroyed, they don’t know how to get to this other world. TVLINE | Can’t we just find Jefferson and have him make a new hat? I think there is something special about this one hat. If we remember in Sebastian Stan’s [first] episode, Jefferson was making all these hats because he was trying to recreate that portal to get back. So there was something very special and unique about this one specific hat. Now they have to find another way to reach this other world, though I’m not quite sure how they’re going to do it.

TVLINE | Coming out of the premiere, what range of emotions is Regina going through after Emma and Snow White fall through the portal? There are mixed emotions. For one, she somewhat feels guilty, because that wasn’t her intention. Secondly, it’s almost kind of like a tiny, tiny celebration, because she’s been trying to get rid of these two women for so long! But how it happened… was not ideal. So it’s all a bit confusing for Regina because it’s something that is almost like a victory, and yet at the same time, there is a layer of guilt there. I think Regina is a really good person, at the core of her being, but circumstances changed her over the years. TVLINE | As far as fixing the situation, is the fact that the hat is crushed a first roadblock? Yes, for sure, because that was the only portal that they had in Storybrooke. Now that it’s destroyed, they don’t know how to get to this other world. TVLINE | Can’t we just find Jefferson and have him make a new hat? I think there is something special about this one hat. If we remember in Sebastian Stan’s [first] episode, Jefferson was making all these hats because he was trying to recreate that portal to get back. So there was something very special and unique about this one specific hat. Now they have to find another way to reach this other world, though I’m not quite sure how they’re going to do it.

TVLINE | We saw Regina come up empty the first time she went to use her magic and yet, after the portal sequence, she easily pinned David against the wall with the vines. What’s the difference there? Is it because Emma touched her? Is this Regina learning the lay of the new land? That’s kind of left open for questioning… but I think it’s a combination of things. Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold is able to use a bit of magic in Storybrooke, but it doesn’t work the same way for Regina. But Jennifer [Morrison] and I, when we were dong that scene, we did play that [activating the hat] had something to do with her touching Regina, but again, we have this perplexed look on our face like, ‘Who did that?’ TVLINE | Henry has charged Regina with getting back Emma and Mary Margaret, but will Rumple’s vendetta against Regina prove a distraction? It’s interesting because as we move forward, there isn’t a lot of full-on confrontation, like really getting down to it and saying, “Why did you send the wraith after me? What is this about?” And he doesn’t directly approach her about Belle. So the way I see it, there is so much that is unspoken between these two characters. In the second episode, Regina goes to talk to Mr. Gold — she needs something from him – but she never mentions the wraith. There is no dialogue about it. To me that indicates that either these two can never really kill each other and these are just threats, or they don’t talk about it because they’re just always going to try to trump one another. TVLINE | Now that everyone in Storybrooke knows who they really are, we see that Ginny [Goodwin] has brought a bit of a regal air to her performance, Josh [Dallas] has a bit more swag. But since Regina has always known who she is, what subtle notes do you as an actress get to put in there? Regina has always been very good at lying. She wears a mask. She plays a part. And now I don’t think she can anymore. So, you’re going to experience a much more vulnerable, exposed Regina. She starts to become very honest about who she is and the things that she’s afraid of and what she wants. She starts to confront herself and her inner demons in ways I don’t think she ever has.

TVLINE | How soon do we get to see you in Evil Queen regalia again? I’m hoping very soon. I do miss it. There are some flashbacks, but what we [thus far] flash back to is young Regina. That’s juxtaposed with the Regina in Storybrooke because in Fairytale Land she’s starting to be come this evil queen, while in Storybrooke she’s softening. I love that contrast. That’s what these writers are so great at. TVLINE | Have you had a chance to play anything remotely resembling a warm-ish moment with Regina and Henry yet? Yes. TVLINE | Can you tease what brings that about? Nope! TVLINE | Which of Season 2′s new characters do you get to interact with the most? None. I have yet to act with any of them…. The portal has a lot to do with that. TVLINE | I was a bit surprised by the fact that everybody in town doesn’t know who Dr. Whale is…. Yeah, David is like, “Who are you?” and they get very confrontational over it. There’s a reason for that. A lot of the fans are guessing, and that’s exactly what we want them to do. There are, I think, one or two characters that know who he is. TVLINE | I have to think that there will be some new and/or surprising allies for Regina in Storybrooke this season. It can’t just be her against everybody. There is one, and it is a fairytale character that we do know. So, you’ll have to keep watching!

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/10/05/once-upon-a-t...mpaign=referral

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Prince Charming casts his spell in Once Upon A Time

Not really a prince, Dallas says — but he gets to play one on TV

By Alex Strachan, Postmedia News October 30, 2012 5:03 PM

Prince Charming casts his spell in Once Upon A Time

In the premiere episode, “Broken,” reality and myth begin to merge as the fairytale characters awaken from Evil Queen Regina’s broken curse and remember who they were. But to their dismay, they aren’t transported back to fairytale land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin - aka Mr. Gold - in an effort to gain the upper hand in his power struggle with Regina, has introduced magic into the town. In fairytales magic has its place, but in our world it can have unfathomable consequences. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land, Prince Phillip awakens his sleeping beauty, Aurora (Sarah Bolger, “The Tudors”), but discovers that he and his traveling companion, Mulan (Jamie Chung, “Sucker Punch,” “The Hangover Part II”), will soon have to face a deadly foe, on the Season Premiere of “Once Upon a Time.”
    Photograph by: Jack Rowand , ABC

“They probably wouldn’t believe it was really me, if I went to Halloween as Prince Charming, so I think I may do exactly that,” Josh Dallas says, taking a moment to find shelter from the morning rain on the Steveston, B.C., set of Once Upon a Time. “I can see it now: ‘That’s a really good costume. You really look like that guy!’”

“That guy” is Prince James — also known as Prince Charming — in Once Upon a Time lore. He’s a poor shepherd whose twin brother was given as an heir to King George, part of a deadly deal with the ever-scheming Rumpelstiltskin. Sadly, the real Prince James is killed in battle after agreeing to slay a dragon for king and country, and it falls on Prince Charming to take his brother’s place.

Dallas is not really Prince Charming, he insists. He just plays said prince on TV.

Still, the dashing actor comes by his TV swordplay and Hamlet-inspired inner turmoil honestly: Though born in Kentucky and raised in Indiana, he studied the performing arts at the Mountview Conservatoire for the Performing Arts in London, England, after being awarded the Sarah Exley scholarship, given every three years to a promising acting student from the U.S. At the callow age of 20, Dallas in London and landed his first professional gig with the Royal Shakespeare Company. The London stage beckoned and, after that, The Young Vic, New Shakespeare Company and the English National Opera, followed by other stints on the London stage.

Still, never in Dallas’s wildest dreams did he think he would be in Canada one day, playing the dual role of Prince Charming, of Disney fairy-tale lore, and David Nolan, a twentysomething drifter newly awakened from a coma and still suffering occasional bouts of amnesia.

To quote the Bard, from Hamlet: “You were sent for; and there is a kind of confession in your looks which your modesties have not craft enough to colour. I know the good king and queen have sent for you ...”

Except that, o On this cold, wet, rainy late fall morning, the queen is in civilian garb, and she’s not good so much as evil in disguise. And the king — well, he’s nowhere to be found.

Dallas has ducked inside an impromptu animal shelter in the fictional seaside town of Storybrooke, to snatch a moment away from the cameras and talk about how fate and good fortune have brought him to this moment in time.

“It’s like winning the lottery,” he says, then adds with a droll laugh, “It’s better to be on a hit show than one that’s not. What’s so great about Once Upon a Time is that it’s a show about simplicity and meaning in life. It’s not cynical about love, in the way I think so many shows are. And what that does, I think, is create these big emotional scenes. For me, those are the greatest scenes to play, because they’re real.

“And it’s always great to swordfight.”

Dallas says his fairy-tale moments as Prince Charming touch the inner child in him, and there’s something especially liberating about being able to run a loudmouth through with a sword. It’s not the kind of thing one does in polite company, at least not in the real world.

“It’s the best. A boyhood dream. I get to slay dragons and swordfight palace guards and ride horseback. The physical side is something I love, and to be honest I always feel a bit of a rush every time I see something physical in the script.”

Dallas did not follow fairy tales as a child. He was too busy outside, playing fort in his native Kentucky. He was vaguely aware of the Disney myths and legends, though movies, but it wasn’t until prepping himself for Once Upon a Time that he became immersed. Coming to Disney lore so late in life has only added to the sense of discovery and enjoyment, he says.

The fairy-tale world and present-day scenes each present a unique set of challenges, Dallas admits. Interestingly, he says, this season the two characters have meshed, so they’re more similar than different. David Nolan’s bouts of amnesia are fewer and further between: He now knows who he is, and who he was meant to be, so he’s become more accepting.

As for Prince Charming, Dallas adds, “It’s always great to slay a dragon. Frankly, I love playing both.”

Many of Dallas’s more affecting scenes this season have been with Jared Gilmore, the 12-year-old San Diego native who plays Henry Mills, an abandoned boy whose loneliness and obsession with a centuries-old text kicked off Once Upon a Time’s story of handsome princes, damsels in distress and wicked stepmothers snared in a timeless spell, like fireflies trapped in amber, that — briefly — made them forget who they were, and their purpose in life.

“Jared is so good and talented, and learning as we go, as we all are,” Dallas says. “As an actor, you come to set and it’s different every day. It’s different whatever project you’re working on; you’re always learning something. Here, on Once Upon a Time, we’re blessed to have actors who are fiercely intelligent, fiercely talented and really, really passionate about the show. To come work every day with people like that is a dream come true.”

Dallas admits he’s approached on the street more than he used to be, but not in the way one might think. The ladies still swoon over Prince Charming, of course, but many of the comments are more serious, and philosophical.

“So many people come up to me now and say how great it is that there’s finally a show on TV that they can watch with their family, as a family. There hasn’t been a show — a scripted drama, anyway — like that in a long time. That’s really special to us. It warms my heart that people are able to connect again with their family around the TV. I think that’s what the show’s about. It’s about connections, about connecting to your family and your loved ones. That’s important in this day and age, especially for people with feelings of abandonment and children who’ve lost their parents. I’ve had so many people come up to me and say, ‘I was a child of adoptive parents, and I understand what Emma is going through.’ It’s wonderful to be part of a show that can touch people in such a deep and personal way.Dallas has adjusted to Vancouver like a duck to water, he suggests, looking out the rain-spattered window.

“I feel like I’m almost Canadian, now, we’ve been here so long. We couldn’t shoot this story anywhere else. It’s perfect for the show, in terms of the landscape and everything else. It’s a great city to shoot in. It’s not that far from L.A. It’s only three hours by air, so you can always hop on a plane and go back. Of course, I’m originally from Kentucky, so I do go back there whenever I can. It’s become my second home, for sure, and I’m really fond of it.

“We have the best crew on television, too. I know everybody says that, but it really is true. The best crew — literally — and the best cast. We all have a good time, even though the material is often serious, as you say. It can get very emotional, and so when they call ‘cut,’ you have to get yourself out of it. You have to reset in a way, and so you look for ways to laugh and relax, and then you go back and do it again. And then you bring something new to it, something fresh.”

Dallas has accumulated a lifetime’s worth of treasured memories while filming Once Upon a Time. There’s one memory, though, while filming the pilot episode last year in Golden Ears Provincial Park, that stands out, that “click” moment, when Dallas realized Once Upon a Time could be that once-in-a-lifetime passion project every actor dreams of, but few realize.

“I knew from reading the script that this was something special, but you just never know how these things are going to go. The chances of even getting a pilot made are laughable, most of the time. But I knew the storytelling was special, and as an actor that’s what you’re always looking for. If the storytelling is there, you have something to work with. There’s a foundation, and so you do everything you can to bring it to life.”

In the scene in question, Prince Charming kisses the comatose Snow White — the Sleeping Beauty — and she awakens, and comes to life.

That’s the magic of the story, but the behind-the-scenes reality — lights, cameras, boom mics, crew technicians, makeup artists, grips, electricians, sound mixers and a director anxious to get the shot before he loses the light — is anything but romantic.

“Ginnifer Goodwin and I kind of stopped and thought, we are now filming one of the most iconic scenes in fairy-tale history — Snow White woken up by Prince Charming. We were way out in the middle of the woods, in Golden Ears. It was cold and raining. We showed up at the set, and it was beautiful. There was this glass coffin, and the Seven Dwarves were surrounded by (movie) snow — and then it started to snow. For real. Actual, real snow. I don’t know — we though there was some kind of divine intervention going on. We thought, this is special, this is a real moment.

“Now, looking back, it barely seems real. We’re just so grateful this has struck a chord with people, and that people are tuning in to watch.”

Does Prince Charming believe in magic?

“Yeah. I do believe in magic. I’ve been to magic class in L.A. — I’ve seen magic!”

http://www.vancouversun.com/Prince+Charmin...l#ixzz2Ap5omSiJ

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Lightning Round 3: Once Upon a Time Bosses Answer Your Burning Questions

Nov 22, 2012 07:42 PM ET
    by Natalie Abrams

Who is the Queen of Hearts really? Why is Emma a Swan?

Before Once Upon a Time returns Sunday after a two-week hiatus, TVGuide.com decided it's time for our third Lightning Round with the brain trust behind ABC's fairy-tale drama: executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis!

We grabbed your fan questions off Twitter and hit up Hororwitz and Kitsis for a quick round of scoop, in which the producers had the option to answer, "Yes," "No" or "Can't Answer." Some of their answers, and possible non-answers, are pretty telling, so check them out below:

Will we learn how Emma (Jennifer Morrison) got the last name Swan?
    Edward Kitsis: Some day.

Will we find out about Emma's tattoo?
    Adam Horowitz: I would say probably not.
    Kitsis: It's the same flower that's on her father's crest, but how she got it and why she chose it is probably not something we'll get to this year.

Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) mentioned a pair of slippers to Jefferson (Sebastian Stan). Could those be the ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz?
    Horowitz: They could indeed.

We saw the Queen of Hearts last season, but we didn't actually see her face. Could she be someone we've met previously?
    Kitsis: Yes. You'll find that out in the episode called "Queen of Hearts," which is Episode 9.

Will Rumple's son Bae return this season?
    Horowitz: Yes.

Did you know there's a huge fandom 'shipping Emma and Regina (Lana Parrilla) called the Swan Queen?
    Kitsis: It's funny, there are so many people 'shipping so many people on this show, I can't keep them straight. But yes, we are aware of that.
    Horowitz: We love that our fans 'ship all our characters and we think it's super-cool and we hope they like what we wind up doing with all of them.

Has there been talk of appeasing any of those fans in some way, shape or form?
    Horowitz: We are just trying to make the show for the fans, but we're trying to tell our story while we're doing it and we hope they like where it goes.

Do the fairy-tale characters know their stories are widely known outside of Storybrooke?
    Horowitz and Kitsis: Yes.

Will Sheriff Graham/The Huntsman (Jamie Dornan) ever return?
    Horowitz: Yes. God, I hope so.
    Kitsis: Jamie Dornan is in London recovering from shoulder surgery, so I think our fans can all wish him well and nurse him back to health so he can be ready to be hungry like the wolf again.

Will we get to get to learn about Aurora's (Sarah Bolger) life before the sleeping curse was cast on her?
    Horowitz: Some day, perhaps.

Fans have noticed that Regina's ring has switched from her right hand to her left hand this season. Any particular reason why?
    Horowitz: She wears them on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays... Honestly, you caught us! That must be a continuity gap that we will then try to ret-con our way out of it and say she wears it on alternate hands.
    Kitsis: We're just going to have to take the hit on this. I don't know why. Whoever that fan is that caught that deserves a signed script. If you watch the show that closely, you deserve at least something.

Will we find out how the connection between Aurora and Henry (Jared Gilmore) was made?
    Horowitz: Yes.

Will the midseason finale make our jaws drop?
    Horowitz: We hope so! We aim for jaw droppage.
    Kitsis: We aim for jaw droppage and we aim for sending off everybody to Christmas with a smile.

Are you excited about the prospect of Sheriff Graham returning? Who do you think is the Queen of Hearts? Check out Lightning Rounds 1 and 2 for more scoop!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time...is-1056796.aspx

8. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Slight Rant: Swan Queen needs to die a VERY quick death. That ship makes NO sense whatsoever within the context of the show they've given us so far and I really wish people would give it up all ready. /end rant :blink:

(Sorry for the rant but this has been getting on my nerves for quite some time...)

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time' New Year's secrets
    MSN TV goes on set to gather dish about 'The Cricket Game' and beyond

Regina finds herself in trouble in both worlds when "Once Upon a Time" returns Sunday, Jan. 6, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC -- which means Storybrooke won't get much time to celebrate Emma and Mary Margaret's homecoming. The "Once Upon a Time" cast tease new problems, revelations and arrivals coming to the series in 2013.

MSN TV flew to Vancouver to talk "Once Upon a Time." And our sit-downs were ice-cold: We're talking puffy jacket cold! While that chill seemed perfectly suited to Regina's office, it was a strange place to visit with Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow/Mary Margaret), Jennifer Morrison (Emma), Josh Dallas (David/Charming), Emilie de Ravin (Belle), Jared S. Gilmore (Henry), Meghan Ory (Red Riding Hood/Ruby) and Robert Carlyle (Rumplestiltskin/Gol​d). Only Lana Parilla (Evil Queen/Regina) looked at home at Regina's desk, but someone did have his eye on changing that.

"I don't know if David would ever want to become mayor, but it feels good," Josh Dallas teased, a twinkle in his eye. "By nature, David/Charming is a born leader. He was filling in [as Sheriff] while Emma was away. And I'm not going to lie: The badge felt good. I was pissed that it was taken away!"

True love always wins
    On the upside, Charming does have his family back. Emma and Snow were whisked to Fairy Tale Land right after the curse was lifted this fall, so Dallas is looking forward to David and Emma finally getting in some father/daughter bonding. The reunion with the Mrs., however, might get tense.

"Snow wants nothing more than to explore a provincial, suburban life with Prince Charming after all that she's been through," Ginnifer Goodwin explained. "You can therefore assume there will be conflict, because not everyone went through what Emma and Snow went through on that journey. They're separated by worlds metaphorically when she returns, because they were separated by worlds literally before."

One of the biggest conflicts Snow and Charming face this year will be whether to make Storybrooke their home or fight to return to Fairy Tale Land. Before that, however, the town and their daughter face a more pressing issue.

"It's not like Emma gets a break," Jennifer Morrison said with a laugh. "We have a party at Granny's and then there's all sorts of new problems!"

Murder in Storybrooke
    At the top of the list of new problems is the murder of a beloved Storybrooke local. While the Fairy Tale Land exiles are confident Regina is behind it, Emma won't be so sure.

"Emma wants to have hope Regina can change and that if they both really want the best for Henry, that there's hope for that," Morrison previewed. "She's also now met Regina's mother, so she has a very different perspective on who she is."

Regina gained ground in her relationship with Henry by removing the curse from the portal so that Emma and Mary Margaret would survive their return. Whether Emma and Henry are buying her efforts, however, Morrison isn't impressed.

"Regina is certainly trying to get what she wants in a way that seems less villainess," Morrison admitted. "And she may genuinely love Henry, but it's because she needs him to fill that hole in her heart. So her needs, even when they are supposedly for a good reason, are still self-serving."

Lana Parilla seemed ready to defend Regina, but when pushed, she revealed doesn't have much faith in her character's redemption, either.

"It's just a matter of time before she crosses back over to the dark side," Parilla conceded.

The entire cast raved about getting to play multiple storylines and characters at once, but Parilla and Robert Carlysle, in particular, enjoy the parallels between the Storybrooke adventures and their characters' descents into villainy in Fairy Tale Land.

That doesn't mean it's always easy to keep track of everything.

"I have to be straight up: It is so challenging to connect all these pieces," Parilla shared. "There are times when I go through 13 different emotions in one episode!"

Case in point: While Regina fights to clear her name in Storybrooke this week, the Evil Queen will face execution. "In Fairy Tale Land, she gets captured and you see her in a very different light," teased Parilla. "This episode is very dramatic!"

New revelations
    In addition to fresh drama, the New Year offers more Fairy Tale Land flashbacks. This week's episode "The Cricket Game" will bring new perspective to The Queen and Snow's relationship and with Rose McGowan cast as a young Cora, Cora's backstory is just around the corner. In addition, "The Outsider," airing Jan. 13, will flash back to the night Rumpel kicked out Belle, with the season set to delve into their ill-fated romance in both worlds.

"They are completely infatuated with each other and always have been," Emilie de Ravin said. "It's just [about] getting over these obstacles of being such different people coming from such different places and living such different lives."

De Ravin promised fans will enjoy the "Rum-Belle" story, but Carlyle warned that with "Once Upon a Time," that doesn't necessary mean the story will play out as fans hope. "But when you look at it, it's probably exactly what would be happening," he considered.

While Mr. Gold will try to make amends with his true love in Storybrooke, he isn't giving up on getting out of town - and doing so without losing his memory.

"As we know by now, everything is about finding his son," Carlyle reminded. "Nothing takes precedence over that - not love, power, nothing."

New arrivals
    The New Year also brings new characters to Storybrooke, and we're not just talking about Cora (Barbara Hershey) and Hook.

Ethan Embry shows up as a mysterious newcomer in "The Outsider," Gregory Itzin and Chad Michael Collins bring Dr. Whale/Frankenstein's​ (David Anders) family into the story on Jan. 20, "Walking Dead" star Sonequa Martin-Green recently joined the cast and lest fans forget, Emma's baby daddy Neal (Michael Raymond-James) recently received a postcard from Storybrooke.

There's no word on when Neal will come back into play, but he, Hook and Emma are already fueling a love triangle.

"As much as there are similarities in those relationships, those two guys couldn't be any more different," Morrison considered. "I'm hoping that Emma has some romance in her life [soon]. It's been awhile!"

It could be another while. Hook is indeed in town, but for the time being, he and Cora will "creep around," according to O'Donoghue.

That doesn't mean they won't cause problems. Hook is on a quest for revenge and while it turns out Cora only wants her daughter Regina to need her again, her good intentions don't make her any less dangerous.

"She is the most terrifying villain we've had, because she's so charming and easy to believe and is just completely cold-blooded, without any remorse," Morrison declared. "She's one tracked about what she wants and how things are going to be, usually at the destruction of everything and everyone around her."

Cora may be even behind this week's mysterious murder, but don't make any assumptions there. These days, Storybrooke is packed with candidates.

"There's lots of villains now. More villains than good guys," noted Carlyle. "It's fantastic!"

"Once Upon a Time" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blo...db6647#scpshrtu

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time Cast on MTV's 10 on Top (03/02/13)

Video

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time: How They Bring Those Fairy Tales to Life

Check out a new behind-the-scenes video focused on the special effects.

by Eric Goldman
    March 6, 2013

ABC's Once Upon a Time is an especially ambitious series for network TV, portraying a multitude of fairy tale characters in both their own world and ours – with all of the magical abilities that accompany them.

As the hit series heads into the home stretch of Season 2, check out IGN’s first look at this new behind-the-scenes featurette on the creation of Once Upon a Time’s special effects. Series creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, along with the visual effects team and stars Jennifer Morrison, Gennifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas, discuss what it takes to bring talking puppets, dragons and much more to life.

Video

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/06/onc...ZLlqNG4.twitter

12. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Excellent interview!!! Jen and all the actors act on great imagination...cool!!

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time Bosses Tease the Final Four Episodes, Four Reveals and One 'Really Big' Twist

Matt Webb Mitovich

Once Upon a Time Season 2 SpoilersWhen Once Upon a Time unspools Season 2′s final four episodes starting this Sunday at 8/7c, there is one thing the ABC drama will definitely — and finally — have going for it: momentum.

GOING TO EXTREMES | After seeing the show suffer through multiples stops and starts since its winter hiatus (a problem that a lass named Alice might remedy next TV season), Adam Horowitz says that he and fellow series creator Eddy Kitsis look forward to presenting “an uninterrupted string of episodes where we can really tell a story and build to a finish we’re really, really excited for the audience to see.”

Speaking with TVLine from the set in Vancouver, where he and Kitsis were overseeing the filming of the Season 2 finale (airing May 12), Horowitz eagerly anticipated exploring “two extremes” over this final run of episodes: the intimate, and the scope. “The intimate of what our cast can pull off and the emotions they can convey always floors us,” he says. “As does the scope of the storytelling, and the visuals that our crew is able to achieve.”

SAVED BY THE BELLE? | Kicking things off this Sunday is “Lacey,” an episode in which amnesic Belle adopts an alter ego and delves into a not-at-all-provincial life. Explaining the greater purpose of this, the first of the final four hours, Kitsis says, “We understand that Rumple and/or Mr. Gold is a man who has darkness inside him, and all season he’s been searching for the light, for a way to be better now that his son is in town. And we also know there is a prophecy that said Henry would be his ‘undoing’, and he said to the seer, ‘Well, I’ll just kill him.’ EMILIE DE RAVIN, ROBERT CARLYLEBut now that it’s his grandson, he’s facing a conundrum, and Belle has always been the person who’s brought out the best in him. What ‘Lacey’ does is watch Rumple struggle with his inner demon.”

WHAT DOES TAMARA BRING? | Speaking of demons, a couple of real devils have recently descended upon Storybrooke: Tamara, who unbeknownst to everyone purposely pursued fiance Neal in the name of finding magic, and her secret cohort/paramour Greg aka Owen, the boy whose father Kurt went MIA after they stumbled upon the freshly materialized Maine burg in 1983.

Tamara and Greg’s mysterious agenda will be made clear over the next two episodes (“That reveal takes off like a rocket,” effuses Horowitz), and as hinted in the last episode, Regina — having deduced Greg’s true identity — “will be front and center in that story,” Kitsis says. “There are not a lot of coincidences here…,” Horowitz says with a smile. “There’s a reason for all of the connections we’ve revealed so far — and some we have yet to reveal.” (And yes, Kurt Flynn’s fate will be divulged by season’s end.)

NO PLACE LIKE HOME… | But maybe as these ne’er-do-wells nose around Storybrooke, Emma, Snow White et al can escape to, say, another realm? After all, “the [magic] beans are growing,” Kitsis reminds, soon offering everyone the option of returning to the Fairytale Land That Is. But would Emma join her ‘rents for the ride…? “The thing with Emma is a year ago she wasn’t a believer, and it took Henry eating an apple turnover Once Upon a Time Spoilers: Colin O'Donoghue and going into a sleep curse and her fighting a dragon to realize it all was true,” Kitsis recounts. “Then she went back to [Fairytale Land] and found it to be burnt and full of ogres. And like anybody, Emma struggles with this. She’s a person who has found that she has magic inside her and isn’t quite comfortable with it yet, so the thought of going back and having that be her life is very frightening.”

‘CROCODILE’ ROCKED | Elsewhere as Season 2 builds to its climax (airing May 12 and titled “And Straight On Till Morning”), Captain Hook — who (reportedly) went MIA soon after stabbing his “Crocodile” in NYC — will resurface “very soon, and under surprising circumstances,” Kitsis teases. The pirate’s past with Neal/Bae will then be detailed in the penultimate episode, “Second Star to the Right.” (“We can’t read every theory out there on the Internet, but this [connection] has so far been kept secret,” Kitsis offers.)

Episode 21 will also let loose with the Rumplestiltskin/Bae “game-changer” that Robert Carlyle alluded to at last month’s PaleyFest panel. “I know what he was hinting at,” Kitsis allows, “and yeah, it’s really big.”

http://tvline.com/2013/04/16/once-upon-a-t...ma-hook-finale/

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

D23 Presents: Once Upon A Time‘s Season Finale Surprises

04.23.13 – Off to Neverland? The creators of the hit ABC show sit down with D23 to discuss what fans of the fantastical series can expect in the last three episodes of Season Two.

Once Upon A Time creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are officially television’s knights in shining armor. They’ve managed to bring all our favorite fairy tales and characters together for one hour, each week on ABC.

The two producers just wrapped the second season of Once Upon A Time, which brilliantly blends the fairy-tale characters we know and love—many based on Disney’s telling of their stories—and expands their worlds beyond anything we could ever have imagined.

They also wrapped a pilot for the Once spin-off Wonderland, also for ABC, incorporating some of the characters we have already met with new ones we hopefully will.

Eddy and Adam took a few moments from their busy production schedules to give us an exclusive sneak peak at Once Upon A Time‘s final three episodes of the season, which will begin airing this Sunday, as well as a few hints as to what’s down the rabbit hole in Wonderland!

So, what can fans look forward to in the final three episodes of the season?

Eddy: Well, I think the fans can look forward to kind of the culmination of everything we set up this year. Who are Greg and Tamara, who do they work for, do they work for anyone, what’s their agenda?

Adam: What’s really behind everything they’re doing, and how is that going to impact on every single one of our characters? I think we’re bringing all those things to a head in a way we find exciting, and we think hopefully will be really surprising to the audience as well.

Eddy: We are going to dive more into how Lacy affects Rumpelstiltskin, or Mr. Gold, and how that affects his relationship with his son.

Obviously, Lacy enjoying Rumplestiltskin’s darker side is a bit of a weight off his shoulders, unless, of course, she gets her actual memory back, in which case you’ve got to wonder, is she going to be twice as horrified?

Eddy: Well, it depends what he does when he’s with Lacy, I suppose, you know? Belle brings out the best in Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin, and Lacy brings out the worst, and it’s a lot easier to have someone bring out the worst in you. You get to try a lot less.

So the last two episodes are titled “Second Star to the Right” and “And Straight On ‘Til Morning.”

Adam: (grinning) Just randomly titled. No significance to those titles at all.

Eddy: We are going to be finding out a bit about Baelfire, and Captain Hook. There’s no coincidence with those titles.

Adam: Obviously, we’d like to keep a surprise, but you know, Baelfire/Neal and Hook have a connection that we’ve already hinted at, and that’s something that’s explored in the final two hours of the season. And that may involve a second star to the right.

Fans have been speculating a lot about Neal and his connection to Hook—perhaps in the form of a boy who never grows up?

Eddy: Yes, we could say so far, nobody’s been right.

Adam: Well, that we know of. Our fans are very smart, and maybe they’ve got it, maybe they haven’t, but we hope it’s a surprise. We can confirm he’s not Smee.

Eddy: By the way, I don’t know if you know this or not, but rewatching Peter Pan, which we’ve done on numerous times, the clock, Big Ben, is set to 8:15 in the movie. It’s at 8:14, and when the kids land on it, it goes to 8:15. [NOTE: 8:15 is the time the town's clock in Storybrooke was stuck at before Emma appeared in the first episode of season one.]

Coincidence?

Adam: Or not.

You’ve said that a new character will be teased but not revealed until Season Three.

Eddy: In the final two hours, you will hear about someone, you will think about someone, but you won’t see that someone ’til next year.

Any other big moments to look for?

Eddy: Emma and Regina have a game-changer.

Adam: Their relationship is going to change. It moves to a new place.

You’ve explored this dark spot on Mary Margaret/Snow White’s heart. But I’m curious, don’t we all have dark spots on our heart? Aren’t we all made up a mixture of goodness and darkness?

Eddy: I think a lot of the year was exploring that, where you saw a lot of the villains trying to be good, and you saw a lot of the heroes do some bad things. You saw Emma lie to her son about who his father was, and you saw Snow White kill someone. And at the same time, you saw Regina sacrifice her life so that those two could come back through the portal, and you saw Rumpelstiltskin trying to do the right thing for his son. So I think that’s the truth. Sometimes things aren’t as black as white as you want them to be, and everybody makes mistakes. It’s, how do you come back from the mistakes you make?

Adam: And I think that there’s darkness in everyone, there’s dark impulses and urges that we resist, and I think for Mary Margaret, she finally succumbed and didn’t resist, and that darkness that we actually physically see in our heart is the after effect of succumbing to something she knew was wrong, and yet she did anyway.

Eddy: Well, I think what you’re going to see is how she deals with it, and what is in her mind the way to lighten it, and that’s kind of her quest now.

Now, you actually touched on something I’ve been dying to ask. So Regina did save the lives of Mary Margaret and Emma when she stopped the portal.

Eddy: Yeah, absolutely.

And yet they couldn’t ask her out to dinner that night?

Eddy: [Laughs] The greatest thing was the fact that this is a woman who created a curse that ripped away the happy endings of everyone in town, and in that moment, the audience was like, They can’t invite her to dinner? And the fact that you can have people feeling sorry for the Evil Queen was a victory for us.

You’ve taken great care to expand upon Regina and Rumplestiltskin’s backstories. Is that to show that there’s hope for some kind of redemption?

Eddy: I think so, I think that everyone has the chance for redemption. It’s just a matter of whether or not that’s a path you choose. So for us, villains who are just evil for evil’s sake are boring. We like tortured characters. We said in Season One, evil is not born, it’s made. So for us, if it’s made, then there has to be a way to undo it, and that’s the journey for all of these characters. In the beginning, there was a curse that took away everyone’s happy ending. But what I think people don’t realize is, the queen’s still looking for her happy ending, and Rumpelstiltskin’s still looking for his, and so the show is a journey on whether or not they can achieve it, and what that really is.

Can you talk a little bit about Wonderland?

Adam: Yeah, I mean, it’s premature at this point, but other than to say that, it’s an idea we’ve had, and if it goes forward, it will exist in the universe of Once Upon A Time but be its own thing.

Eddy: Yeah, it’s kind of a romance. And in Once Upon A Time fashion, it’s also a mash-up, so it has Alice and, you know, we’ve shown you the queen, we’ve shown you the Mad Hatter, and we’ve shown you the hookah-smoking caterpillar.

Sebastian Stan [the Mad Hatter]… discuss.

Adam: We love Sebastian Stan, and we have no intention to recast that part. He’s just a very busy man right now. Our door is always open for him.

Back to Once Upon A Time, some of the characters want to stay in Storybrooke, some want to go back to fairy tale land, do we think that there’s a chance for a happy medium?

Eddy: Well, I think there will be a chance for a happy medium. Anton grew those beans for a reason, and that very thing will come into play in the last two hours.

Last year you mentioned you wanted to put in Mulan, and she’s awesome. You’d also mentioned Pocahontas and potentially Ariel. Any chance they may pop up?

Eddy: Ariel could potentially be a Season Three. We’re definitely going to meet new characters.

Adam: We don’t want to give away who we’re planning to meet yet, but…

Eddy: If you watch the finale, you can probably guess who would be there.

Last year you teased we never saw Maleficent’s body after she was killed.

Eddy: Well, we saw, and we will see Maleficent in some form in the final three episodes. In fact, I would watch this week’s episode “The Evil Queen.”

The start of the season was “magic is coming.” How do you feel the season has evolved?

Eddy: I would say this, the theme at the beginning was: magic is coming. And the theme for the finale is: it always has a price.

And what do you hope fans leave the finale thinking?

Eddy: I can’t wait for Season Three!

How did we know that that was what was coming?

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2013/04/d23-...nale-surprises/

15. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yeiiii season 3!!!! Wonder if Emma joins the dark forces for a while.... With Hook also muahahahaha ha

137 replies since 18/10/2011, 20:57   6841 views