Once Upon a Time: Interview to Cast & Crew

« Older   Newer »

1. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

I liked this interview and I thank you, Aleki, for finding it and posting it here. :)

......However.....

Now, you actually touched on something I’ve been dying to ask. So Regina did save the lives of Mary Margaret and Emma when she stopped the portal.

Eddy: Yeah, absolutely.

And yet they couldn’t ask her out to dinner that night?

I wonder why this continues to pop up when the obvious fact -- astutely pointed out by Heather, earlier this season -- is that on at least 3 occasions in S2E01, Regina got her (use your imagination for the proper anatomy part) --- saved by Emma and the Charmings. A certain lynch mob and two attempts at a lobotomy by a wraith on steroids come to mind. I don't recall a thankful Regina inviting all of them over to Granny's for burgers, fries and shakes. On her.

Note even a kale smoothie.

Or a bowl of soup. :lol:

2. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Actually Emma did invite her...

3. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 24/4/2013, 23:07) 
    Actually Emma did invite her...

Yes, so are so right, tiuchis! Emma did invite Regina to the later, celebratory dinner for all the townspeople. I still would have had Regina's lasagna lab-checked before tasting it. :wacko:

4. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

I noticed that too guys. It's way too convenient for people to keep forgetting all the crap Regina has pulled on Emma and the Charmings and to keep harping on the whole dinner thing (which she was invited to after all but that's apparently convenient to forget about too). Regina is not all bad but her bad still outweighs her good and they really need to remember that more often.

/end rant (And have a great weekend guys! I'm off on vacation for a long weekend away and I am WAY overdue for a vacation. WOOT!!! :D)

5. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Heather have fun!!!!

6. Aleki77
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

May 3, 2013 07:10 AM PDT
    Once Upon a Time's Michael Raymond-James: Neal and Emma Have 'Unfinished Business'

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8/7c), Emma’s determination to get the goods on bad Tamara will tee up a much-need talk between her and Neal, the father of her son Henry and the great love she lost under, well, extraordinary circumstances. Michael Raymond-James spoke with TVLine about Season 2′s penultimate hour, which will feature hearts on sleeves and change the course of at least one part of Neal’s life.

TVLINE | Emma been trying to convince Neal that Tamara is bad news. What new evidence might she trot out this week?
    You know Emma, man. She gets on a case and she goes after it pretty fiercely. She definitely feels that Tamara has got some evil intentions, and she is going to try to convince me that she may have had something to do with Regina being kidnapped.

TVLINE | Whether he was protecting Emma’s destiny or not, do you think that Neal still harbors some guilt about what happened all those years ago?
    I am glad you asked that. Yes. I think he does, but Neal feels that he really didn’t have a choice in the mater. It was a matter of her fulfilling her destiny and for the greater good. I mean, we’re talking about her saving a town full of people that I grew up with, people from Fairytale Land, so these aren’t total strangers where I can be like, “Screw them. This is about me and my love.” MICHAEL RAYMOND-JAMES, JENNIFER MORRISONSo, in Neal’s mind he was sort of jumping on the grenade for the greater good. But of course there’s guilt. Of course there’s pain for having inflicted pain on someone you care about. I don’t know how you get beyond that.

TVLINE | [Series creators] Eddy [Kitsis] and Adam [Horowitz] told us that in addition to whatever Emma might still feel for Neal, Neal probably still feels something for Emma. Is he going to start to cop that?
    You’re going to see some of that this week, a broaching of that subject is definitely going to come. We’re beginning to scratch the surface on that and at least acknowledge some of the unfinished business that’s been hanging over our heads since we first saw each other again.

TVLINE | ‘Cause I am just telling you, man — if it was me? I’d carry a torch for Jennifer Morrison for some time.
    [Laughs] She is the best. One of the great things about this show is the cast. Morrison and I have become really, really great buddies, so it’s so much fun going to work. If I’m having a bad day, she knows how to make that better and vice versa. We sort of developed a shorthand between each other as people in terms of getting through the days together. I couldn’t have asked for a better situation to fall into.

TVLINE | We saw Tamara eavesdropping when Neal and August reconnected in New York City, but are we ever going to connect any dots on why exactly she decided to latch on to you?
    That’s a good question. The thing with this show, aside from it being an incredibly difficult to talk about, is that we, audience members and actors alike, need to be able to trust that the future will further define the meaning of the present. There are times that you just have to go with it and you know that the people in charge of the show are smart people and they’re aware of where they’re leaving things, and it’s all by design. Further on down the road we’ll have more explanation, so when you go back and look at it again, it will tie together.

TVLINE | Let’s talk about the blanks we know will be filled in this week. DYLAN SCHMID, FREYA TINGLEYWhat can you say about the flashbacks for Young Bae, hanging with Wendy Darling in Victorian London?
    I can say that you want to stay tuned for them because it’s going to be awesome.

TVLINE | We’ll find out how it is that he knew Hook previously?
    That could be something we find out, yeah….

TVLINE | There’s a “really big” twist coming up this week involving Rumple and Neal. What can you say about it? Is it going to be emotional gut-punch?
    At PaleyFest, Bobby [Carlyle] called it a “game-changer,” and I think that this will certainly change the course of the path that they had previously entered on.

TVLINE | Is it more shocking, or more sad? Or a bit of both?
    Bob Dylan had a great quote one time about people asking, “Do you think any of these kids who come to your shows and listen to the words you’re saying have any idea what you’re actual message is?” He said, “Listen, man, I just go out there and sing, I don’t try to get anybody to listen.” I think that however people receive [the twist], whether it’s shocking or a gut-punch, is up to them. We just go out there and try to tell a story as best we can.

TVLINE | Going from something so grounded, real and gritty as Terriers to this, was that sort of by design, or do you just go where the work is?
    I always choose jobs based on material, and when I first met with Adam and Eddy and they discussed what this show was and what they wanted to do with the character, their enthusiasm is incredibly infectious. It is sort of a departure for me — even from fantasy shows that I have done before, like True Blood, which is much darker –but I was so interested in the stories that they were telling that I wanted to jump on board. I try to stay grounded whether I’m talking about stealing somebody’s wallet in Terriers or if I’m talking about magic in Storybrooke!

http://tvline.com/2013/05/03/once-upon-a-t...ames-neal-emma/

7. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Many thanks, Aleki, for finding this neat interview for us. ;) :D
    Count on Matt Mitovitch for delivering the goods again, and for bringing out this enjoyable quote from Michael R'James:
    ‘Cause I am just telling you, man — if it was me? I’d carry a torch for Jennifer Morrison for some time.
    [Laughs] She is the best. One of the great things about this show is the cast. Morrison and I have become really, really great buddies, so it’s so much fun going to work. If I’m having a bad day, she knows how to make that better and vice versa. We sort of developed a shorthand between each other as people in terms of getting through the days together. I couldn’t have asked for a better situation to fall into.

Carrying a torch for Jennifer is a labor of love....without the labor! :wub:

As for the show and how it evolves, I think this quote has special significance:
    The thing with this show, aside from it being an incredibly difficult to talk about, is that we, audience members and actors alike, need to be able to trust that the future will further define the meaning of the present. There are times that you just have to go with it and you know that the people in charge of the show are smart people and they’re aware of where they’re leaving things, and it’s all by design. Further on down the road we’ll have more explanation, so when you go back and look at it again, it will tie together.

IMHO, the content of this quote is what the former viewers who have abandoned OUAT need to read and understand. It all ties together, and if people will just be patient and go along for the ride, they will be treated to a beautiful, adventurous tale at the end. :)

8. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for the finding!!!

9. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

MRJ is a treasure and we are SO fortunate to have him on OUAT right now. I can't believe all the comments I saw on TVLine's website for this article saying bad things about Neal and propping up Hook. Seriously?! The article wasn't even ABOUT Hook so why bring him up when he was barely mentioned in the interview?! That bothered me to no end. I'm super stoked to see what's coming up next for Neal and I REALLY hope MRJ is added as a series regular cast member next season. :wub:

10. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (HeatherC12 @ 4/5/2013, 06:06) 
    MRJ is a treasure --- I'm super stoked to see what's coming up next for Neal and I REALLY hope MRJ is added as a series regular cast member next season. :wub:

I agree with you 100%, Heather. Michael R-James is excellent and he should be hired on as a regular. Pay no mind to the comments -- those people know not about what they're doing. :wacko:

I know of only one person -- who I have total faith in, BTW -- who wants to see a "HOOKUP," hehehehe ;) :D

11. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 4/5/2013, 07:09) 
    BTW -- who wants to see a "HOOKUP," hehehehe ;) :D

Me me me ME !!!!! Hehehe..we are talking about handsome Hook right?? Heheh :P

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 4/5/2013, 08:32) 
    QUOTE (comotion @ 4/5/2013, 07:09) 
    BTW -- who wants to see a "HOOKUP," hehehehe ;) :D

Me me me ME !!!!! Hehehe..we are talking about handsome Hook right?? Heheh :P

What?! YOU want to see a Hookup? A SWANHOOK? You? Well, I am shocked--SHOCKED, I tell you! Hehehehe ;) :D

In a more serious tone, I am very concerned that the game-changing scenario for this season involves a farewell to Storybrooke. Which may mean no more of Emma's yellow bug, and no more filming at Steveston -- all very sad. :(

13. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

No more Steveson would make me very sad too (I'm all ready missing the bug!) but on the other hand, if the cast is transferred to another land, that means we get more scenes like the ones when Emma was in desolate Fairytale Land and totally out of her element which were pretty awesome too. Emma is hilarious when she's out of her element and has to rely on other people and the humor factor goes WAY up in that case. There are a few positives towards this new land thing! :lol:

BTW-I'm stoked that I should be home that night to watch the entire finale live instead of missing the first 20 minutes like I normally do each Sunday. I'm a youth group counselor and our meetings end at 8 PM on Sunday so I end up flying home afterwards and still miss the first part of every episode so I have to watch a recording later that night. Watching live is SOOOOO much better! :wub:

14. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

You're right, Heather, about the new land(s) bringing some positives. I sometimes wondered if the filming of the Storybrooke sequences in front of a live audience of bystanders might have contributed to the loss of viewers. The "live and open set" concept certainly fed a lot of plot rumors (that turned out to be accurate), and may have been an undoing. I think that Season trois will bring much more acting on the enclosed green sound stages, as well as frequent unannounced location shooting around greater Vancouver. Good for the actors -- not so great for the fans who want to see our favorites up close while they work.

And welcome back to watching OUAT live and in real time -- always a treat. ;)

15. aurore
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

Secrets From the Set: ‘Once Upon a Time’ Cast Hook-Ups, Hangouts and More

When Michael Raymond-James got the part of Neal Cassady on the ABC drama “Once Upon a Time,” he was pretty excited, to say the least. “It has comedy, adventure, magic — and at the same time, a deeply grounded human drama,” says the actor, 35. “There’s nothing else like it!”
    The same can be said for what goes on behind the scenes. In an interview with ABC News, Raymond-James dished about the on-set relationships, hijinks and of course, craft service.

Who is your closest friend on set?
    Me and J.Mo [actress Jennifer Morrison] are super tight. We’re buddies. I work with her more than anybody and we got really close. We’re always cracking jokes and we laugh constantly. There are days where I come to work and I’ll have a freak-out about something unrelated and she knows how to fluff my aura and make it better vice versa.

What do you mean? Give me an example.
    If Morrison’s bummed out, right, she likes cheese. So sometimes I’ll surprise her and go get some cheese, these particular crackers that we put peanut butter on and I’ll find attractive fruit. Literally, she doesn’t mess with ugly fruit — so attractive fruit. So if she’s bummed out or frustrated I’ll find attractive fruit, crackers with peanut butter and cheese — not expensive, French, stinky cheeses, but the gross prepackaged kind that kids carry. She likes that.

So, are you also friends with her real-life boyfriend, Sebastian Stan?
    Are you kidding me?! Before we met, Sebastian and I would send messages through Morrison at work. She became a courier and [would say], “You guys are so much alike. I know you’re going to be best friends.”

Everyone in your cast is dating each other: Sebastian and Jennifer, Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas…!
    You can’t choose who you fall in love with and it just so happened it worked out that way. You mentioned four people who are incredibly happy in their relationships.

So do you ever third-wheel it with them?
    Oh yeah, for sure. Absolutely. I’ve done it multiple times with each.

What else do you guys do for fun?
    I will say this: The go-cart racing we do after work is pretty intense and pretty fierce. We keep records of who’s what and who’s last — and when things aren’t going so well in your cart on a particular day, we feel free to smash other people. It’s tons of fun.

Who wins?
    The most consistently fast drivers are Lee Arenberg and Josh Dallas. I’ve totally got their number. The girls are always invited but they’ve yet to take us up on it. They say, “Boys will be boys. We’ll do something more mature.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/...gouts-and-more/

137 replies since 18/10/2011, 20:57   6848 views