2012 - Once upon a a time: Paley Fest - 04/03

« Older   Newer »

1. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

It shouldn't but it does shock me that the House idiots don't seem to be interested in having Jen come back for the finale. I'm still working my way through the series (waiting for season three to get to my library but have seen most of one and all of two) and it seems to me like Cameron was really the moral heart of the show and I can't even imagine what the show is like without someone like her there keeping things grounded morally for the group. She sounded kind of wistful in that interview about not being asked back and it amazes me how she still speaks so highly of everyone there after being let go so horribly. I really don't know if I could be that nice about it. :( (Happy she's doing and has done so well since leaving the show. Take that House haters! HA. ;))

This panel was so much fun. The entire cast is fantastic and even the creators of the show have really fun personalities. I've watched it twice now (thank you You Tube!) and it still cracks me up when Jen talks about how Emma should just go around kissing everyone to break the curse, LOL :lol: (BTW-New theory on her outfit....she needed some pockets for her Kleenex, cough drops, and any other assorted stuff you tend to need when you're sick. She still looked adorable but I really do think she was working more from a practical standpoint this weekend. Just a thought! Get well soon Jen!)

2. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Jennifer Morrison: No joking around on 'Once'
    Jennifer Morrison, who plays Emma Swan on 'Once Upon A Time,' says it's all business most of the time on the set.

new video here : www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8569651

Untitled from Aleki on Vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/38051218

Edited by Aleki77 - 6/3/2012, 22:47

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

http://youtu.be/-VHcnPHT9z8

http://youtu.be/hnqF2aktChM

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

PaleyFest: ‘Once Upon a Time’ talent teases the rest of Season 1

Talk of fairies, princesses and villains dominated the Saban Theatre on Sunday afternoon, as PaleyFest brought the talent behind “Once Upon a Time” to the Beverly Hills venue for a Q&A panel.

The ABC show follows fairy tale characters who have been cursed to live in the real world in the small town of Storybrooke, Maine, with story lines taking place in both worlds. Created by “Tron: Legacy” writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, “Once” is currently shooting Episode 20 as the writers work on the script for the season finale.

At the event presented by the Paley Center for Media, teases of what’s to come abounded (so watch out for spoilers ahead). Here are 10 highlights from the event.

1. Before the end of Season 1, fans will find out what Snow did to make the Evil Queen hate her so much. And Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White/Mary Margaret) promises it will be worth the wait. “Its complication is what’s so beautiful about it,” she said. “It’s not black and white. It really adds a richness to the relationship between Snow and the Queen.”

Goodwin also told Hero Complex in the press tent before the panel that Horowitz and Kitsis made her privy to this long-awaited secret several months back. “A lot of things we don’t learn ahead of time, but I actually knew what Snow White had done, so that when I reference it in previous episodes I would have some sort of gravitas about the situation – I would understand the weight that it carries,” Goodwin said.

2. The actors love playing two characters who are really one and the same. Josh Dallas told the audience, “It was just such a gift to come in and get to play two characters.” The Prince Charming actor told Hero Complex that the prince’s qualities – honor, bravery and confidence – are ones that David “has in him, and it’s just fighting to come out.”

In the press tent, Goodwin talked about her approach to her two characters: “I try not to do any work to make the characters consistent because I feel that there are certain inherent qualities that I have that overlap with the character … that I can’t help but portray. Because I am one actor playing the two roles, that work is all done for me.”

3. Lana Parrilla will soon play a young Regina, an old Regina and a completely different character. The actress relishes developing the nuances of each variation on her character, as she told Hero Complex, “I work on voice .… With the Queen it’s very deep and resonated, like it comes from my toes .… [In Storybrooke] Regina’s more controlled in many ways .… With young Regina, I worked with a higher pitch, an innocence, so that was a lot of fun to play with.”

PaleyFest: ‘Once Upon a Time’ talent teases the rest of Season 1
    March 05, 2012 | 1:47 p.m.

"Once Upon a Time" actors and writer-producers appeared on a PaleyFest panel for the show Sunday. (ABC)

Talk of fairies, princesses and villains dominated the Saban Theatre on Sunday afternoon, as PaleyFest brought the talent behind “Once Upon a Time” to the Beverly Hills venue for a Q&A panel.

The ABC show follows fairy tale characters who have been cursed to live in the real world in the small town of Storybrooke, Maine, with story lines taking place in both worlds. Created by “Tron: Legacy” writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, “Once” is currently shooting Episode 20 as the writers work on the script for the season finale.

At the event presented by the Paley Center for Media, teases of what’s to come abounded (so watch out for spoilers ahead). Here are 10 highlights from the event.

1. Before the end of Season 1, fans will find out what Snow did to make the Evil Queen hate her so much. And Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White/Mary Margaret) promises it will be worth the wait. “Its complication is what’s so beautiful about it,” she said. “It’s not black and white. It really adds a richness to the relationship between Snow and the Queen.”

Goodwin also told Hero Complex in the press tent before the panel that Horowitz and Kitsis made her privy to this long-awaited secret several months back. “A lot of things we don’t learn ahead of time, but I actually knew what Snow White had done, so that when I reference it in previous episodes I would have some sort of gravitas about the situation – I would understand the weight that it carries,” Goodwin said.

2. The actors love playing two characters who are really one and the same. Josh Dallas told the audience, “It was just such a gift to come in and get to play two characters.” The Prince Charming actor told Hero Complex that the prince’s qualities – honor, bravery and confidence – are ones that David “has in him, and it’s just fighting to come out.”

In the press tent, Goodwin talked about her approach to her two characters: “I try not to do any work to make the characters consistent because I feel that there are certain inherent qualities that I have that overlap with the character … that I can’t help but portray. Because I am one actor playing the two roles, that work is all done for me.”

3. Lana Parrilla will soon play a young Regina, an old Regina and a completely different character. The actress relishes developing the nuances of each variation on her character, as she told Hero Complex, “I work on voice .… With the Queen it’s very deep and resonated, like it comes from my toes .… [In Storybrooke] Regina’s more controlled in many ways .… With young Regina, I worked with a higher pitch, an innocence, so that was a lot of fun to play with.”

4. There was plenty of love in the Saban Theatre for Josh Dallas. Before panel moderator Matt Mitovich asked Dallas his first question, he said, “Give the ladies that smile.” Smile he did, with the lovely bonus of a winsome wink. When questions were turned over to the audience, one attendee said, “I’d like to tell Josh a very personal thank you for moving my beautiful, almost 12-year-old granddaughter on from Justin Bieber.” Dallas let loose a few laughs then gave her a princely bow of the head.

5. Archie Hopper will have more patients in upcoming episodes. Among the characters who will soon find themselves on the therapist’s couch are Henry (again), David and Mr. Gold. Dallas said, “David’s got problems,” and Robert Carlyle explained his character, Mr. Gold “goes to see [Archie] because I don’t think he has anyone else to talk to.” Raphael Sbarge (Archie/Jiminy Cricket) is certainly happy about the increase in screen time for his character – he gleefully noted, “Archie’s got some real job security.”

6. Goodwin is glad she got dressing up as Snow White out of the way a few years ago. It may have been her last chance, as she recalled telling her sister, “I feel like if I’m ever cast as a Disney princess, then I can never dress up as one for Halloween because that would be so pretentious!” Coincidentally, Jennifer Morrison (Emma) dressed as Alice in Wonderland the same year.

7. Dallas and Sbarge make sure to take advantage of British Columbia’s natural beauty. On their time off from the Vancouver set, the two have been skiing together many times. Sbarge is quick to admit that his co-star is the more skilled skier (Dallas goes about once a week) and said, “He’s very sweet with me. He always waits for me to make sure I’m OK.”

8. “The Little Mermaid” fans, your patience will be rewarded – eventually. Horowitz said, “We’d love to bring Ariel on there and a bunch of princesses my daughter is constantly mentioning.” But Kitsis said that story line “is more of a Season 2 thing.” Ever the fan of playing the villain, Parrilla said, “Can I turn into Ursula at some point?”

9. The identity of August, a.k.a. The Stranger, will be revealed this season. Horowitz assured fans that before the finale, the mysterious typewriter-toting character’s identity and agenda will be clear. Mitovich asked if it’s safe to rule out the theory that he’s Henry from the future. “That’s not bad!” said Kitsis after appearing to contemplate it. There were no more clues beyond that – the duo must have learned a few secrecy tips from fellow “Lost” alum J.J. Abrams – but Horowitz did say, “There are a lot of theories out there. Someone’s got it right.”

10. Get ready for “Once” to turn things up a notch as the show nears its first finale. Next week viewers learn the Storybrooke identity of the Big Bad Wolf, and “this last run of episodes we’ve really crammed a lot in,” Horowitz told Hero Complex. Kitisis promised, “It’s all killer, no filler.”

“Once Upon a Time” next airs Sunday, March 11 at 8 p.m. on ABC with the episode “Red-Handed.”

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/03/05/...st-of-season-1/

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

The Cast of Once Upon a Time Reveals What's Ahead This Season

http://youtu.be/CBJWrzLj7ek

The cast of ABC's Once Upon a Time reveals what's ahead this season! OnCam: Hi there, I'm Lauren Bradshaw, and we're chatting with the show's stars in today's PopSugar Rush!

A few of your favorite TV fairytale characters invaded Beverly Hills yesterday, as Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, and the rest of the cast of Once Upon a Time visited Paley Fest to talk about the show and share a couple of spoilers. Among them: the Little Mermaid will be appearing next season! Want to know what else we found out . . .

For one, it sounds like it's going to continue to be a bumpy road ahead for Prince Charming and Snow White . . .

GINNIFER GOODWIN, Mary Margaret Blanchard: It's going to be in the fabric of the show that we keep these two apart and that they keep finding ways, they're drawn together despite what we do to them.

Archie is getting some new patients . . .

RAPHAEL SBARGE, Archie Hopper: "What I can tease is, Archibald Hopper the therapist, has several new clients . . ones you've already met, so there's a big development in that area, and Jiminy Cricket will favor more in the stories ahead."

And Prince Charming may enlist Archie's expertise.

JOSH DALLAS, David Nolan: "David's trying to figure things out, and any help he can get from Jiminy Cricket would be for the best, so yeah, he's going to get some help."

The series is still in its first season, but its mix of fantasy and modern-day has already earned it a fan following. So we asked the cast, which of the two storylines they prefer playing: fairytale or reality?

LANA PARILLA, Regina Mills: "I mean, playing the queen is just so much fun."
    RAPHAEL SBARGE, Archie Hopper: "I do have a preference for the fantasy land probably, you arrive on the set and the production values are just so amazing."
    GINNIFER GOODWIN, Mary Margaret Blanchard: "There's something very freeing about living in the fairytale part of things."
    JOSH DALLAS, David Nolan: "I like it, I like both."

Once Upon a Time airs on Sundays at 8pm on ABC.

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

AnVt9bDCEAAJZRj

CITAZIONE
    ValeriaCiancia: At the #paleyfest2012 with @jenmorrisonlive ! She was soo nice! http://t.co/uFiQUG6g

https://twitter.com/valeriaciancia/status/177168662342537218

7. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

How fun for the fans that the cast stuck around for a while to do autographs and pictures! :)

8. Aly Cameron
        +1   -1

User deleted

th_tumblr_m0kr4eKitT1r8nu39

tumblr_m0kr4eKitT1r8nu39

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tu...H%2BGcdbONSg%3D

Hahahaha! :lol:

Edited by Aleki77 - 13/3/2012, 00:27

9. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aly Cameron @ 8/3/2012, 15:35) 

How cute! I wonder what made her laugh so much. :D

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison on Emma Swan and What's Next on Once Upon a Time

http://youtu.be/_jdWfrhvAmk

Edited by aurore - 10/3/2012, 21:52

11. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for the new video, Aurore. :)

I have at least a few observations/comments from this.....

I notice that same blond woman in the background at a lot of Jen's public appearances. Does anyone know who she is? Someone assigned to Jen from the talent agency, perhaps? :huh:

Also, I am always so impressed with Jen in her one-to-one interviews like this one. She is very polished and articulate with her answers, and she is to be lauded for putting up with all of this PR work while not feeling well. ;)

12. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

I think the people that were following the actors around are probably from the show. Maybe they're the official publicists or the actors' personal assistants there? They seemed to be helping the actors go from interview to interview during this event so they had to be part of the scheduling somehow. It makes sense for the actors to have some help since they do seem to have a lot to remember when they have big events like Paleyfest. :)

I agree about Jen being so articulate in interviews and I love how passionate she is about Emma and the show in general. When the actors are that excited about a project they've been working on, it makes me more excited to see the finished product. I can't wait for these upcoming episodes! :D

13. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

14. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Good input, Heather....thanks. ;)

15. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

No problem. I may or may not pay too much attention to the entertainment industry, LOL :lol:

56 replies since 4/3/2012, 21:38   2126 views