OUAT - S02E14 - Manhattan

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

th_OnceS02E14002_zps5962b4f2 th_OnceS02E14006_zps4e7010a2 th_OnceS02E14005_zps30320307 th_OnceS02E14004_zps6ec8970d th_OnceS02E14003_zpsd1c61e24 th_OnceS02E14001_zps22d50cd0 th_OnceS02E14007_zpsc7d36bfd th_OnceS02E14008_zps26b0fc8d th_OnceS02E14009_zps3a26525f th_OnceS02E14010_zps29e9f9e5 th_OnceS02E14011_zps8cc17551 th_OnceS02E14012_zps3a94c9be th_OnceS02E14013_zps620a873a th_OnceS02E14014_zps0f50b4dc th_OnceS02E14015_zps630427a5 th_OnceS02E14016_zpsfe22b42f th_OnceS02E14017_zps48434944 th_OnceS02E14018_zps8d466c0a

2. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

This should be one of the top episodes of the season. I know that I'll be watching. ;) :D

Thanks for the additions, Aleki. :)

3. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comotion-Congrats on the retweet from Jen! That's very cool. I totally missed it because I don't allow any retweets from the people I follow (I follow over nearly 900 people so that would kill my timeline, LOL) but that is still pretty darn awesome! :wub:

I have now read four different tweets/reviews/comments from folks who saw an early screening of Manhattan and the thing I'm gathering most from the folks is that this episode is the best one since the pilot! Holy crap, that's some high praise!! Now I'm not sure if I'm even more excited for the episode to air this weekend or highly annoyed that they got to see it before me, LMAO ;)

4. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (HeatherC12 @ 13/2/2013, 05:58) 
    Comotion-Congrats on the retweet from Jen! That's very cool. I totally missed it because I don't allow any retweets from the people I follow (I follow over nearly 900 people so that would kill my timeline, LOL) but that is still pretty darn awesome! :wub:

I have now read four different tweets/reviews/comments from folks who saw an early screening of Manhattan and the thing I'm gathering most from the folks is that this episode is the best one since the pilot! Holy crap, that's some high praise!! Now I'm not sure if I'm even more excited for the episode to air this weekend or highly annoyed that they got to see it before me, LMAO ;)

Hey, Heather, thanks for that. ;) I don't know why she did that -- it was a pretty lame tweet -- but I am soooo thankful to her for doing it. It made my year, and it certainly helped me get over (well, not quite) the OUAT ratings plunge.

But, hey, maybe that will change with next week's MANHATTAN. I saw your re-tweet from M.Mitovich and his comments on the episode. I also noted the twitter buzz about it, but I will be content to wait for the actual broadcast -- I like surprises, especially good ones. :)

5. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sneak peek
    Video

6. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yeah, I knew some of the things that were coming but tonight's episode was still SOOOOOO satisfying for me. I was going to go to bed but I need to type up some thoughts so I can get them out of my poor over fried head tonight (Revenge killed me too, LOL) :lol:

Emma & Neal are pure gold in so many ways (pun not intended but it does work, LOL). I love their chemistry and I REALLY love that Emma laid into Neal for what he did to her. That meeting on the street was insanely awesome/heartbreaking and I loved the little stomp/pouty thing that she did when he wanted to go to the bar (hello there 17 year old Emma, LOL). Their whole interaction in the bar was amazing too (loved her yanking the swan necklace off when he asked her about it even though that was sad) and I don't think Neal totally understands how devastated she was over him and how much what he did completely broke her and killed that last little bit of hope she had left. Neal doesn't know that August didn't watch over Emma yet either so I think that will make things a bit different for Neal once he realizes how Emma's life went after she got out of prison. I also loved that he came back to his apartment to protect her from his father. :wub: It's so obvious to me that they still care about each other (Emma's reaction to the dreamcatcher in Neal's apartment, his reaction to her swan necklace, him coming back to protect her from his father, them agreeing even through their pain that they don't want to hurt Henry, etc.) but I think it's going to be a long road for them to figure that out again. There's just too many emotions going on right now on both sides for things to work out, but in the end, I really believe that these two will be each other's happy ending. Michael Raymond James and Jen are just awesome together. I LOVE THEM. :wub:

Speaking of Jen's awesomeness, her scenes with Henry tonight broke my heart (well, that whole sequence in Neal's apartment broke my heart in general) and you can tell Emma's head is just too overwhelmed to comprehend everything right now. Her phone call to Snow to ask for advice was priceless but her realization that she lied to Henry to protect herself instead of protecting him was really sad. :( We know she never wanted to hurt Henry over the dad information and I think Henry will forgive Emma once the dust settles, but seeing their relationship broken was the thing that really mad me sad tonight. You could tell how much it hurt Emma to hear Henry say she was just like Regina (OY VEY, that did me in....we know she's about as different from Regina as you can get but in his anger, all he sees is that she lied to him too and that broke me down hard) and after the whole Neal thing, I think Emma's wall won't be coming down again for a good while. My heart broke so many times for her tonight and I honestly have no idea where she's going to go emotionally from here. (((((Emma))))) :(

Rumple's back story with the seer was pretty fascinating and I was surprised that he injured himself to get out of the war due to that seer's prediction (which obviously wasn't about the war but about him losing Bae the way it actually happened at that portal). His whole life is kind of out of whack due to the misinterpretations of that seer and I find myself wondering now what he's going to do with that last piece of information about the 'child being his undoing". That can be interpreted SO many ways and now that he knows Henry is his grandson, he's got some big decisions to make regarding that prophecy and it will be interesting to see what he does next. Interesting to learn how he got the power to see the future too (relating back to the early episodes of season one where we learned that fact from Snow & Charming's conversations). Robert C. was also amazing tonight and actually, I thought everyone was really great tonight. This was seriously one of the best episodes of the whole series and kudos to Jen, Robert, MRJ, Jared Gilmore, and everyone else for totally bringing it.

I LOVED Snow and Charming talking about their family tree! Nice diversion from the other drama going on and hehe, classic line alert: "Good thing we don't have Thanksgiving in our land, because that dinner would suck." -Charming :D

I hated the part with Greg spying on everyone. It didn't seem to fit into this episode and I just don't care enough about him right now to tolerate his presence in this otherwise fantastic episode. Where are they going with that story?!

I really hope Regina is playing her mother like a string instrument because Cora is just downright evil and I really don't want her to succeed in finding that dagger. I think that last part where Cora threw Hook across the room will be what drives Hook to the Charming side of the battle lines. Ugh, Cora is just awful. Regina...you were doing so well with the whole being good thing! STOP TRUSTING YOUR MOTHER!!!!

Michael Raymond James needs to be a full time cast member next season. He was great in the scenes with Jen, I loved his scenes with Henry (although I fear Henry will find out the hard way that his dad isn't really any better than Emma when he looks at the big picture and really understands what his dad did to her), and he easily went toe to toe with Robert C. in their scenes too. I haven't really seen MRJ in anything else prior to this show but I am fast becoming a very big fan of his and I can't wait to see more of him in this second part of the season. Good casting OUAT!!!

OK, I feel a little better and now I need to go to bed. Emotional overload...AUGH!!! LOL

7. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

OMG I get to see Manhattan like in a Month!! You made me the night with this resume...Aaggh I'm going crazy till I finally get to see it!! Neal being Bae!!!
    I've read all around that Jen's performance was like amazing!!! She is such a good actress , I can't wait for the podcast and hear the producers comments!!!

Great!!

8. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 18/2/2013, 06:34) 
    OMG I get to see Manhattan like in a Month!! You made me the night with this resume...Aaggh I'm going crazy till I finally get to see it!! Neal being Bae!!!
    I've read all around that Jen's performance was like amazing!!! She is such a good actress , I can't wait for the podcast and hear the producers comments!!!

Great!!

I am so sorry for you, tiuchis, that you have to wait that long to see this engaging story, but you will love it when you do get to view it, I'm sure. ;)

9. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Someone should check on Heather and make sure that she survived the night. :o: A very good job reviewing Manhattan, kemo sabe. Once again, the chief writers -- Adam and Eddy -- did a masterful job of sewing together stories from different realms, while giving us fascinating "reveals" and teasing us with new mysteries. Mr. Toad's wild ride continues.....with Emma as our guide, of course. ;)

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Sunday: 'Once Upon A Time', 'Revenge' & 'Bob's Burgers' Up, 'The Amazing Race' Premieres Down

Written By Sara Bibel

February 18th, 2013

FOX was number one among adults 18-49 while CBS was on top with total viewers.

Note: Versus last week, Adults 18-49 usage was down 6 percent from 8-11 PM.

On Fox, The Cleveland Show notched a 1.1 down 21 percent from last week’s 1.4. adults 18-49 rating. The Simpsons earned a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating, even with last week. Bob’s Burgers scored a 1.9, up 6 percent from last week’s 1.8 adults 18-49 rating. Family Guy garnered a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating, down 4 percent from last week’s 2.5. American Dad notched a 1.9 among adults 18-49, down 5 percent from last week’s 2.0.

On ABC, America’s Funniest Home Videos earned a 1.5, down 17 percent from last week’s 1.8 adults 18-49 rating. Once Upon A Time scored a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating up 5 percent from last week’s series low 2.2. Your predictions were too optimistic.. Revenge garnered a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating, up 29 percent from last week’ s series low 1.4.

On CBS, all the numbers should be taken with a small grain of salt since primetime was delayed five minutes in the eastern and central time zones. 60 Minutes earned a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating down 28 percent from last week. The season premiere of The Amazing Race scored a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating down 4 percent from a 2.5 for its fall season premiere on September 30, 2012 and down 14 percent from a 2.8 for its previous winter premiere on February 19, 2012. It was the series lowest rated premiere ever. The Good Wife earned a series low 1.4 adults 18-49 rating down 7 percent from a 1.5 for its previous new episode on January 28. The Mentalist garnered a 1.5 among adults 18-49 down 21 percent from a 1.9 for its most recent original episode on January 28.

On NBC, Dateline earned a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating, down 33 percent from a 1.5 for its last Sunday original on January 6.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Sunday, February 17, 2013:
    Time Net Show 18-49 Rating/Share Viewers (Millions)
    7:00 ABC Amerca's Funniest Home Videos 1.5/4 6.91
    CBS 60 Minutes 1.3/4 9.50
    NBC Dateline 1.0/3 5.39
    FOX The Simpsons - R 0.9/3 2.20

7:30 FOX The Cleveland Show 1.1/3 2.64

8:00 CBS The Amazing Race (season premiere) 2.4/6 9.54
    ABC Once Upon A Time 2.3/6 7.50
    FOX The Simpsons 2.0/5 4.61
    NBC Betty White's Off Their Rockers - R 0.9/2 4.17

8:30 FOX Bob's Burgers 1.9/5 4.06
    NBC Betty White's Off Their Rockers - R 1.0/2 4.33

9:00 FOX Family Guy 2.4/6 4.85
    ABC Revenge 1.8/4 5.99
    CBS The Good Wife 1.4/3 8.48
    NBC Saturday Night Live in the 90s (9-11PM)- R 1.4/3 4.00

9:30 FOX American Dad 1.9/5 4.14

10:00 CBS The Mentalist 1.5/4 9.18
    ABC Zero Hour - R 0.9/2 3.05

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/02/1...es-down/169777/

11. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for the update, Aleki. ;)

12. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

*praying hard for a ratings uptick this week* :unsure:

13. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (HeatherC12 @ 20/2/2013, 05:34) 
    *praying hard for a ratings uptick this week* :unsure:

As much as I would love to see that happen, Heather -- and I really, really would -- the humble truth will fail to match our wishes. :(

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

th_OUATS02E14021_zpsfae77f66 th_OUATS02E14022_zpsbc9057b5 th_OUATS02E14023_zpsa31a6eaf th_OUATS02E14024_zps50098a37
    th_OUATS02E14025_zps77daf101 th_OUATS02E14019_zps55b5553f th_OUATS02E14018_zps832eca9b th_OUATS02E14017_zps74396bdf th_OUATS02E14015_zps706ae21c th_OUATS02E14020_zpscc490a58 th_OUATS02E14016_zps58771997

15. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazie, Aleki, for getting this treasury of pics -- from arguably the best episode of the season, after Tallahassee -- for us. :)

I especially liked this scene between Emma and Neal, for its intensity ....

[IMG]OUATS02E14015_zps706ae21c[/IMG]

52 replies since 29/1/2013, 01:15   1040 views