OUAT - S02E14 - Manhattan

« Older   Newer »

1. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for the new pics... I got lucky and finally saw Manhattan yaii!!! So happy a great episode!!!

2. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 21/2/2013, 06:27) 
    Thanks for the new pics... I got lucky and finally saw Manhattan yaii!!! So happy a great episode!!!

Brilliant! That's good that you got to see it earlier than you thought you would. :)

3. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Do I need to be worried about losing my new favorite show? — Laura

Matt Roush: In this case, a resounding do not worry. Once Upon a Time is a key franchise for ABC and, despite these recent setbacks, is a long way from running out of juice. The network is in a tough situation with this show and Revenge — which has finally started getting more interesting again, though how obvious was it who was going to meet their watery death? — because Sundays are such big TV event nights, especially this time of year. And while for momentum's sake the network can't bench these shows indefinitely, and in a DVR age it's a safe bet many fans are time-shifting them, ABC did Once no favors by airing originals in mid-January against the Globes and the NFL championships. Once things settle down a bet, I'd be surprised if Once's numbers don't pick up a bit.

I wasn't sure where to place this comment from TV Guide's Matt Roush, so I thought that I'd put it here.

I like his reassuring tone, and I also agree that ABC has made some serious scheduling gaffs concerning OUAT. Our favorite show has some serious competition that other ABC dramas don't have, and I've been wondering lately if it's time to shift OUAT to a different night. It's doubtful that Disney would allow that, but I think that it's an interesting proposition. <_<

4. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 20/2/2013, 23:56) 
    Grazie, Aleki, for getting this treasury of pics -- from arguably the best episode of the season, after Tallahassee -- for us. :)

I especially liked this scene between Emma and Neal, for its intensity ....

OUATS02E14015_zps706ae21c

"HEY! I am the only one who gets to be angry here!!!" I LOVED THIS SCENE TOO! :lol:

BTW-I didn't see it posted anywhere but Once DID get a ratings uptick this week! It moved up to a 2.4 and actually tied with The Amazing Race in that time slot so that's a little better for them. Hoping that the fans come back FULL FORCE for the next episode. ABC really needs to plan their schedule out better! :(

5. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

I hope that OUAT has more viewers..Maybe it needs more promo..

6. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

A "2.4" in the ratings is good -- at least it's better. Every increase, whatever the size, is a step in the right direction. :)

7. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 22/2/2013, 02:42) 

They promote the show pretty well for the most part (I see commercials all the time) but it's been scheduled up against TOUGH competition for the last few airings and that's killing the live ratings (thankfully their DVR numbers are still amazing so that's one good thing). The next show should air with no big sport or award events against it so I fully expect the Oncers to come back in full force to watch that episode live. They better!!!! ;)

My head is still spinning from this episode and it's like five days later! Everyone was fabulous but Jen was SO FREAKING AMAZING that I'm still gutted for Emma. In a show like this where things can happen really fast or totally switch on a dime, it's easy to forget the enormity of what all Emma is dealing and has dealt with all her life, but Jen brings out the emotional strain, loneliness, and sadness from Emma at such perfect times that it just breaks your heart for her all over again. Someone give her a break all ready! :cry:

8. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (HeatherC12 @ 23/2/2013, 05:07) 
    QUOTE (tiuchis @ 22/2/2013, 02:42) 

They promote the show pretty well for the most part (I see commercials all the time) but it's been scheduled up against TOUGH competition for the last few airings and that's killing the live ratings (thankfully their DVR numbers are still amazing so that's one good thing). The next show should air with no big sport or award events against it so I fully expect the Oncers to come back in full force to watch that episode live. They better!!!! ;)

My head is still spinning from this episode and it's like five days later! Everyone was fabulous but Jen was SO FREAKING AMAZING that I'm still gutted for Emma. In a show like this where things can happen really fast or totally switch on a dime, it's easy to forget the enormity of what all Emma is dealing and has dealt with all her life, but Jen brings out the emotional strain, loneliness, and sadness from Emma at such perfect times that it just breaks your heart for her all over again. Someone give her a break all ready! :cry:

If the DVR numbers are still strong, then that's a good sign. Since busy people are finding other ways to watch shows at their most convenient time , such as DVR and streaming, I think that the networks are being a lot more accommodating of show's "live ratings."

Jennifer has said that OUAT is a journey of self-discovery (paraphrasing, here) for damaged Emma, and that will mean a long, twisting road for our Princess -- a road that won't often be scenic and friendly for her. And how is it that Jennifer is so darned good at playing damaged women? IMO, this convoluted journey is what makes for good television. ;)

9. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

I love Jen's acting she is extremely good at it!!!

I do hope that on the next episode the viewers increase... Now I do remember seeing OUAT promos at Disney buses.

10. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 23/2/2013, 07:53) 
    I love Jen's acting she is extremely good at it!!!

I do hope that on the next episode the viewers increase... Now I do remember seeing OUAT promos at Disney buses.

She is great, isn't she? :)

One other point that I failed to mention earlier about the show and its ratings. I have a feeling, unproven, that OUAT may do quite well in the international markets, and therein lies another plus. I remember when Body of Proof was falling in the ABC ratings after having a solid start, and it was mentioned that the show was doing well internationally, so that was one thing that prompted ABC to renew it.

11. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

It also helps a show when it's produced by ABC (which thankfully OUAT also is) because they tend to protect their own shows a little bit more than shows produced by someone else. I remember seeing a Q&A thing with the president of ABC prior to this season and he said that the show they get the most mail/emails/feedback about is Once Upon a Time. They know how popular it is with fans even when the ratings fluctuate so I don't worry too much about their overall ratings although waiting to see the numbers on Monday does tend to preoccupy me for a long amount of time that day, LOL :lol:

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Good info, Heather....thanks. ;)

13. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

I think internationally the raitings are good I just found that in Spain is big you can go to antena3 site and see it in Spanish is great also!
    And thanks for the info!!!

14. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 25/2/2013, 07:38) 
    I think internationally the raitings are good I just found that in Spain is big you can go to antena3 site and see it in Spanish is great also!
    And thanks for the info!!!

Muchas gracias, tiuchis. :) Spain is a very important fan base, as is all of Europe. I have a feeling that OUAT is also received well in South America and Australia. Tiuchis, are you doing your part to keep it popular in Mexico? :huh: :D

15. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 25/2/2013, 08:08) 
    Tiuchis, are you doing your part to keep it popular in Mexico? :huh: :D

I am I am hehehe ....worth of mouth hehehe...but there is not a lot of promo arround here...I mean on Sony yes, but not that much on magazines and stuff like that...

52 replies since 29/1/2013, 01:15   1040 views