+1   -1

User deleted

The podcast interview on our YouTube page:

YouTube Link

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

commento di Sabine a cui riferisce Aleki: #entry379358925

Grazie Sabine! Devo dire che io li ho visti molto ben organizzati, probabilmente hanno acquistato ormai una certa dimestichezza con porte con scompaiono, bambine che appaiono, letti e tavoli che scendono dal cielo e pompe dell'acqua che buttano acqua vera!
    Oltre a Jennifer e Alison Pill che sono state le migliori a mio parere (calamitano l'attenzione e si fa fatica a seguire il resto), una menzione d'onore anche per il bimbetto biondo che interpreta il fratellino di Annie Sullivan ... mette i brividi per l'angoscia.
    ero in primissima fila alle spalle di Kate (Jen) quando e' seduta al tavolo, ma ho potuto vedere la scena iniziale da un'angolazione perfetta! Kate (Jen) quando coccola la sua bimba e cerca di tranquillizzarla e' fantastica, ma quando scopre la cecita' della figlioletta ... OMG! ho avuto i brividi e la sensazione di viverla in prima persona!
    OMG! Jennifer ha una forza sorprendente perche' per oltre la meta' dello spettacolo lotta e contiene un'energica Helen (Abigail) e finisce pure a gambe all'aria ... e onestamente fa ridere vedere una composta signora del sud con tanto di abiti vaporosi finire per terra, ma fa anche una tenerezza infinita mentre si rende conto che Helen e' un pericolo per se stessa oltre che per gli altri.
    La scena migliore, oltre a quella del miracolo in cui mi e' perfino scesa una lacrimuccia, e' quando Kate e Annie si incontrano per la prima volta in stazione, timide e impacciate con la voglia di entrare in contatto l'una con l'altra, ma c'e' come una barriera che le divide. Fa male al cuore quando Annie Sullivan dice a Kate Keller che Helen non potra' mai essere educata come una bambina normale ... Kate sembra sbriciolarsi, come se tutto quello in cui ha creduto, sperato e combattuto per quello che ha combattuto negli ultimi anni fosse stato inutile.
    Il momento in cui si crea un'alleanza tra le due donne e' meraviglioso. Kate/Jen stende il braccio e la mano in direzione di Annie/Alison e quello e' stato l'istante esatto in cui ho rivisto Cameron! Se andate a vedervi la scena dell'addio nella 608 potete per un millesimo di secondo essere sul palco .... l'espressione e la postura coraggiose sono le stesse ... poi c'e' la stretta di mano, ma per un attimo sono tornata nel mio piccolo sogno hameron.
    Tornero' a vedere lo show e vi potro' dire di piu' perche' alcuni (molti) dialoghi mi sono sfuggiti, ma sono rimasta impressionata da Jen e Alison.
    Permettetemi di riferivi il mio piccolo pensiero a caldo: Forse gli autori, sbattendo fuori Jen da House, le hanno fatto un favore, perche' la' era carta da parati, qui e' oro fino!

Complimenti Jen e complimenti a tutto il cast!

PS: se qualcuno ha la passione di tradurlo in inglese mi fa un grande favore, io non ne ho il tempo e le risorse ... ora scappo in canal st :)

Edited by mvitto - 21/2/2010, 17:29

6. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

il palco prima che inizi lo spettacolo

7. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I never imagined the stage in the round in the theatre was so intimate. it looks like you could extend your arm and almost touch the actors.

Thanks for the pic

and :tnx: for the review, Aleki, I used google translator to read it.

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    it looks like you could extend your arm and almost touch the actors.

you don't think that I has not been tempted, but I'm a good girl (maybe :P )

I made a little clip before the start of the show, when I'll back home, I'll post it

9. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    The Miracle Worker This just in: March is Talkback Tuesday month at THE MIRACLE WORKER. Join us for a cast talkback immediately following every Tuesday evening performance in the month of March. Buy your Tuesday evening tickets NOW and save nearly 50%!

www.facebook.com/TheMiracleWorker/posts/325882136810

thanks Aleki: :heart:
    CITAZIONE
    This Dress Tells a Story The costumes in The Miracle Worker deliver a subtle message

By MARK BLANKENSHIP

When you see the current Broadway revival of The Miracle Worker, look for the hats with feathers. Notice which dressing gowns have color and which vests have patterns. Those details tell a vivid part of the production’s story.
    They work quietly, though, and they can be easy to miss. When they’re well-designed, theatrical costumes, especially in a realistic play, seem like such a natural part of the world on stage that we often don’t think about them as having been designed. But they affect us anyway, subtly shaping our understanding not just of a particular character, but of an entire production.
    For The Miracle Worker, designer Paul Tazewell’s costumes are part of a larger creative strategy to broaden the show’s focus. People often think of William Gibson’s 1959 play as “The Helen and Annie Revue,” since it charts the true story of how Annie Sullivan helped Helen Keller, a blind, deaf, and mute child living in 1880s Alabama, overcome her disabilities and communicate with the world. The famous film version, which stars Anne Bancroft and Patty Duke, only strengthens the notion that Gibson essentially wrote a two-person show.
    By highlighting Keller’s family---her mother, father, and aunt are all characters---the current production aims to expand our notion of what The Miracle Worker means. Tazewell says, “For us, it was trying to grasp the honesty of a relationship between a mother and a disabled child, and what it means when you can’t take care of that child on your own—when you have to pass that child off to someone else.”
    Tazewell, who was the 1997 recipient of TDF's Irene Sharaff Young Master Award, wants his costumes to reflect that theme. “It’s really about having the clothing decisions be character-driven, and not just be pretty or historical for their own sake, and to have them be poetic in some way” he says.
    For instance, when we first see Helen’s parents, Kate and Arthur Keller, their lives are fairly stable, and that’s reflected in their wardrobe. “There’s a blush to Kate’s dressing gown, the father has some stripes and patterns,” Tazewell says. “But then we pull the color out as they move forward in their lives.”
    As Kate loses her grip on Helen, her costumes become more muted and constraining, but they retain a certain elegance, with bits of ribbon, silk, or embroidery expressing her refusal to stop fighting for her child. “You want to underscore the emotion,” Tazewell says. “Each time she has a scene, she’s picking herself up and trying again, and with that, we sense that she’s aware of fashion.”
    He adds that once Annie starts helping Helen improve, Kate’s relief is reflected in clothes with brighter colors and more feminine cuts. “The light is coming back in her character,” he says.
    Tazewell also wants his costumes to elucidate how the characters operate in a larger society. Kate may be dressed smartly, for instance, but since her family’s finances are in trouble, she doesn’t have, say, as many feathers on her hat as characters who are better off. “As you look across the group of characters, you’re trying to tell a visual story about the economic relationship between all of them,” he says.
    Tazewell is aware that some people might overlook the stories he’s telling, but his design aesthetic keeps him from being too blunt. “At first, I thought, ‘Well, maybe it should all be very monochromatic and no patterns and this and this and this,’” he says. “But that’s not how I design. My entryway into design tends to be much more personal. I try to think, ‘Oh, this feels right for the person. If I were playing this character, this is what I would want to wear.’
    He adds, “With this play, we especially want it to be personal [and] connected to the family.”
    Mark Blankenship is TDF’s online content editor

www.tdf.org/TDF_Article.aspx?id=362&do=v

i costumi per jen/kate keller

HQ

10. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks Aleki :heart:

CITAZIONE
    They're going to need a miracle
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Broadway revival of The Miracle Worker that’s set to open next week is probably very well done, but because of how poorly it’s staged, it’s impossible to tell.
    The cast is good and occasionally achieves greatness. Abigail Breslin gives a controlled performance as Helen Keller that could have gone way off the rails. I felt a genuine thrill in the climatic scene where she discovers language. Initially, I thought that Alison Pill was too young to play Annie Sullivan but she was fine, as were Matthew Modine and Jennifer Morrison.
    But the staging is a mess. It’s at Circle in the Square and the seating is in the round. This is a play that begs for a traditional theater. The blocking is so poor that I found myself starring at the actor’s backs about 60% of the time. I’ve seen plays at Circle in the Square before, including the 6-hour Norman Conquests, which was masterful, so I know it can be done.
    The set changes are accomplished by raising and lowering furniture pieces from the ceiling. Part of the set design includes door frames (with closed doors) that block the view for many patrons. The actors were rooted on their marks, so if you happen to be staring at the sides of their heads during a scene, too bad for you.
    It pains me to see actors work so hard only to have their efforts undermined by the production itself.
    Ah, well. That’s show biz. NEXT!

http://theunbearablebanishment.blogspot.co...ed-miracle.html

11. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwvwEMThEwE

12. -ELY-
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    But the staging is a mess. It’s at Circle in the Square and the seating is in the round. This is a play that begs for a traditional theater. The blocking is so poor that I found myself starring at the actor’s backs about 60% of the time.

Ah ecco. Anche a me sembrava scomodo un palco circolare perchè si rischiava di essere in una posizione sfigata e vedere un sacco di schiene famose e in effetti pare sia così.

Aleki, confermi?

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Mah... In realtà gli attori si muovono parecchio sul palco quindi e' raro che tu stia a guardargli la schiena per più di 60 secondi di fila, ma in effetti la prima volta che sono andata ero alle spalle di Jen quando si siede al tavolo da pranzo ma era rivolta verso di me per alte cose, la seconda volta invece avevo Jen proprio di fronte quando si siede a quel tavolo e ho potuto vedere bene le espressioni che mi ero persa la volta precedente, ma perdendo la visuale di un'altra piccola parte della scena perché la testiera del letto me lo impediva.
    Credo che l
    intento della regia sia quello di rendere il tutto iper realistico (ho visto le lacrime vere formarsi negli occhi di Jen! Avevo la tentazione di alzarmi e andare a consolarla tanto ti spezzava il cuore) tanto che alcune scene si svolgono contemporaneamente e se per un istante questa scelta ti disorienta poi la senti più. Naturale! Gli attori mangiano cibo vero! Ho compassione x la povera Abigail che 8 volte la settimana si mangia con gusto una scodella di porridge e ho compassione pure per Alison Pill che si fa sputarein faccia cibo vero!
    Jen e' super forzuta! Passa un sacco di tempo a combattere con Helen e c'è almeno una scena (ma forse anche due) che solleva di peso abigail/helen e la porta nell'altra stanza facendole superare pure un gradino. Ho notato delle modifiche lievi ma significative da una rappresentazione all'altra ... Quindi mi chiedo come sara' quella definitiva!

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (briteen @ 20/2/2010, 00:00)
    And what about this one?

ok ... ora vi posso dire a quale scena si riferisce questo dialogo e perfino da dove e stata scattata.
    Kate/Jen e' appena andata in stazione a prendere Annie/Alison in stazione e ora sta animatamente discutendo con il marito, circa le capacita' di Annie ... la scena ha un che di buffo perche' il marito (captain keller) usa le stesse obiezioni che Kate/Jen aveva usato in precedenza con Annie e Kate/Jen si giustifica usando in sostanza le stesse parole di Annie/Alison. Se nella scena precedente Kate e Annie si alleano come donne ... qui Kate usa il suo fascino/potere sul marito per convicerlo ... in pratica Jen fa gli occhioni dolci e lui cede miseramente ... (sfido chiunque a resisterle).
    Avevo sottovalutato Modine perche' lo ritenevo un urlatore :P ma rivedendo lo spettacolo una seconda volta mi sono ricreduta ... ha dei momenti di dolcezza verso la Helen che sono fantastici ... e si vede che comanda Kate in casa ... anche se lei gli fa credere di essere lui il capo famiglia!
    C'e' un momento di grande tensione ... che sfocia in comicita' mentre decidono di dare una seconda chance ad Annie Sullivan ... lui alla fine lascia la decisione a lei ...e lei mette i propri paletti mostrando che genere di donna fosse questa Kate Keller, del resto fu lei a credere fortemente nelle potenzialita' della figlia e a combattere perche' avesse una chance!

ps: quella che si vede sullo sfondo e' Alison Pill/Annie Sullivan che si sistema nella sua stanza mentre Abigail/Helen fruga tra le sue cose, finendo per fare un'imitazione comica della sua insegnate.

15. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

grazie del tuo racconto!

http://twitpic.com/photos/littleBIGchris

186 replies since 14/12/2009, 13:48   17065 views