more screencaptures here © marykir

2. essentiel_
        +1   -1

User deleted

NATPE: Early call for "House" trio
    by: Variety

MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILER

CITAZIONE
    Hugh "Droll" Laurie has that "what am I doing here" look on his face as the 8 am gabfest with him and "House" exec producers David Shore and Katie Jacobs.
    He warms up as he talks about directing his first seg, which he wrapped this week. He joked that he was now "in the three day's grace before they see it," Laurie said, referring to Shore and Jacobs. "And then our relationship may change."
    Good question from moderator Chris Harrison. How was Laurie the actor like to work for Laurie the director?
    "I was nearly impossible," he said. "I'm still in my trailer."
    Laurie added that he was fortunate to have for formidable David Strathairn in the episode.
    Laurie recalled the process of getting cast in the NBC Universal-produced Fox drama. When he first met with Bryan Singer, who helmed the pilot, "he was eating a tuna sandwich...and he didn't stop eating the sandwich."
    The subject of the show's strong success internationally came up. Laurie admits he's surprised by it, because it's such a wordy and character-dense show with "a very particular verbal tone," he said.
    "We don't have that many car chases, ticking bombs or exploding elevators," he said. "We're very grateful to somebody somewhere with a large dictionary and thesaurus" who handles the translations.
    Other tidbits:
    ** "House" was chased after by ABC and Fox when it was first in development.

** Then-Fox programming chief Gail Berman convinced Jacobs that the Dr. Gregory House character should not be in a wheelchair, as originally envisioned. The sight of him walking with a cane was much more powerful.

** About that American accent, Laurie admits he does work at it, though when he's on camera he tries not to think about working at it. "It doesn't get easier." While he was directing it was funny for him to switch back and forth, Shore noted.

** They tried the character with a British accent "for about a minute," Shore said. Laurie got through two sentences and that was it. House remained a true-blue Yankee.

** The question of the death of Kal Penn's character comes up. Laurie sounds like he'd vote for Penn for president. (Penn left the show to work for the Obama administration.) "Kal Penn is a ferociously intelligent, kind and funny person," Laurie said, "exactly the sort of bloke you would hope would wind up working for the president."

source

Edited by essentiel_ - 27/1/2010, 23:42

3. essentiel_
        +1   -1

User deleted

House stays at home for time being

MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILER

CITAZIONE
    NATPE NEWS: The producers behind hit drama House have yet to make plans to adapt it for the international market, despite it recently being named most popular US television export.

"This notion that 70 million people around the world are watching it is just something that doesn't occur to you," said House creator and exec producer David Shore at NATPE yesterday.

NBC Universal has licensed the Fox show to 250 territories worldwide and earlier this month it was ranked the most popular US export for the second year running by ratings analyst Mediametrie.

In France, for example, the series scored an average of 9.3 million viewers per episode on TF1 during its latest season – an increase of 30% on the previous run.

"If we, per capita, translated that into the US we'd have close to 50 million viewers per week," said Shore.

Italy's Canale 5, Germany's RTL, TV2 in Poland and SBS6 in the Netherlands also all clocked up high ratings for House, in the most recent figures available from Mediametrie, which cover 2008. Data for last year is due out in June.

The series is always dubbed internationally, and asked whether local adaptations had been considered, fellow exec producer Katie Jacobs said none were on the immediate agenda.

"We're so in the haystack just trying to produce good shows for this country. It's a really interesting idea but I must admit I haven't thought about it," she said. Shore concurred: "I haven't given it a lot of thought but I don't see why not."

"Somebody somewhere is doing an absolutely magnificent job of translating these ideas into Flemish," said star Hugh Laurie. "I don't know who it is and I don't know how the process works but we're all immensely grateful for their efforts. It's frightening to think what would be involved in remaking the show in each of those countries."

Laurie, who plays the series' eponymous doctor, was speaking fresh from completing his directorial debut on the 17th episode in the current season of House – its sixth on Fox. Asked if he'd found himself difficult to work with, he said: "I was almost impossible. I'm still in my trailer."

fonte

4. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hugh Laurie, David Shore and Katie Jacobs at the Las Vegas NATPE conference
    Source: @NATPE via Twitter

thanks http://community.livejournal.com/hughbunnies/486114.html

edit:
    altro materiale

commenti alle foto
    CITAZIONE
    #Natpe #n10 Chris Harrison moderating TV Guide House panel

Hugh Laurie, star, David Shore Katie Jacobs, showrunner, House, respecting word in writers room, Laurie - other shows do improv

#NATPE #n10 House - need agent to get spec seen, Hugh Laurie would like input but word is respected, no improv

#NATPE #n10 House American character, against aurhority not pompous Brit, HughLaurie - don't go in out, stay in accent all day

#NATPE #n10 House made in UK? If Law & Order can do it, can House?

#NATPE #n10 talking about when Cal Penn was killed off from House, he left for Obama campaign, House deriv from Sherlock Holmes

http://twitpic.com/photos/contentnow

#NATPE/Donald Trump Steals The Show
    26Jan10

There were many laugh out loud moments today with Hugh Laurie and Judge Judy opening the morning, and Chris Hartwick of Web Soup closing with the Digital Luminaries Awards, but noone could top Donald Trump who won over many fans when Andy Cohen of Bravo asked Jillian Michaels, Curtis Stone and Trump their thoughts on handshaking. Stone replied germs make you stronger, I’m not afraid. Michaels recovering from the flu took a pass. And Trump told us the story of a man who came to his office, shook his hand, kissed him on both cheeks, and hugged him. When Trump asked how he was doing, he replied sick as a dog. With the delivery of someone who has done schtick all his life, Trump gave the audience a look and said he now prefers to bow. Then he rolled the tape for the opening of “Celebrity Apprentice” saying to his chaffeur, I’d rather walk. A new and improved, downright lovable Donald Trump – the audience burst into a booming cheer. On the business side, there were fascinating insights from David E Kelley, Jeff Gaspin, Irwin Gotlieb, Fremantle, Electus, ATT, Microsoft, Generate, Reveille, Jonathan Prince, History, TVGuide, SyFy, History and others. And I was treated to dinner by Metranome, a very useful service that creates beautiful low-cost mobile apps for Blackberry, iPhone, and Android. Most important they have a track record of getting features on Blackberry. Content producers check out their Dilbert app as an example of a template that might work for you www.metranome.net. There were a great group of tweeps following including Broadcasting & Cable. (Thanks for the RT, I’m honored.). I’ll be posting a detailed summary of all that was fit to tweet post-NATPE. Tomorrow, the morning opens with an NBCU coffee, Elisabeth Murdoch’s keynote, a games panel with Lucasfilm, USA, AETN, and Universal Pictures, Then Tim Street speaks on online video ad inventory, E1, Reveille, Fox and Tandem speak on international co-productions, there’s a session with Diggnation, a masterclass with ICM CAA UTA AAA on packaging the pitch. Phil Gurin on international formats, DMA on slashing sizzle reel budgets (she’s good), and NBCU on a monetization panel. And that’s just a small sampling of what’s available. Luckily all sessions are available for free streaming for NATPE attendees. Still I regret not hanging out with The Weinstein reps in the lobby of THE Hotel, or spending time in the Pro Pitch and the floor. Well there’s always Miami! Follow all the fun at #NATPE #N10 @contentnow.

http://contentnow.wordpress.com/

credits: http://twitter.com/Loon26

3 replies since 26/1/2010, 22:29   328 views