Once Upon a Time Panel at Comic Con 2011

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic-Con 2011: 'Once Upon a Time' EPs: 'You Go From Writer to Fan Immediately'

Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis share memories of "Lost" panels, "Tron: Legacy" and their hopes for their freshman ABC drama.

July 18 7:05 PM 7/18/2011 by Lesley Goldberg

With hundreds of thousands of people attending San Diego Comic-Con every year and the July 20-24 event kicking off this week, The Hollywood Reporter chatted with the big names in television to discuss their favorite memories and tips for attending the annual event. THR’s Live Feed will talk Comic-Con with actors, writers and producers in the days leading up to the event so check back soon for interviews and the latest news on panels and screenings.

Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis
    Geek Cred: Tron: Legacy, Lost, Birds of Prey
    Upcoming:ABC’s Once Upon a Time
    Comic-Con panel: Saturday, 3:15-4:15, Room 6DE

THR: What stands out from your first Comic-Con?
    Edward Kitsis: I feel like we were longtime listeners, first-time callers. Our first time was four years ago when we went down for Tron. I got lost on the floor and accidentally bumped into a table and there was Lou Ferrigno signing autographs and waiting for people to come up. I thought, “I’m definitely at Comic-Con.”

THR: What’s the best thing a fan has said to you at Comic-Con?
    Horowitz: I remember the Comic-Con before the final season of Lost. The night before the panel we were walking around Hall H and saw all the people camped out for it. It was mind-boggling because it was really putting a human face on the people who watched the show, who care about it that passionately. That’s the thing that you get nowhere else but at Comic-Con.

Kitsis: I remember being at the Alice in Wonderland panel and Robert Zemeckis did something for A Christmas Carol, and then Tim Burton came out. You go from being writer to fan immediately. That’s what I love about Comic-Con.

THR: What panel would you stand in line all day for?
    Kitsis: Anything Star Wars related. I would be there just to soak up any of that.

Horowitz: I would definitely camp out for anything Tim Burton did.

THR: If you could create your dream panel, who would be on it?
    Kitsis: Steven Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis, George Lucas, Alfred Hitchcock, Billy Wilder and Woody Allen. And Rob Sterling. If he would show up, that would be phenomenal.

Horowitz: I would love to go to a panel for the original Star Trek. Just all those writers that really started off that kind of storytelling on television in a big way.

Comic-Con 2011: Full THR Coverage

THR: What questions do you recommend fans not ask during panels?
    Kitsis: “Why aren’t you better?” would be one. I don’t think there are any dumb questions and as long as they’re not personally attacking us. That’s the game, we write things and we put it out there in the entertainment world, and people get to judge whether or not they like it. Since we’re doing that, the viewer has the freedom to like it or hate it.

THR: What makes for a successful panel?
    Horowitz: If you can surprise the audience and show them something they didn’t know they were going to get, that’s the greatest thing; something they didn’t know would be there.

Kitsis: The thought of Comic-Con is that you’re given a list of things that you know you can see, but you know somewhere in there is that is a little mystery prize in the Cracker-Jack that you’re not sure what it is.

Kitsis:So far, our favorite place has been Flynn’s Arcade, but I don’t think it’ll be there this year. (Laughs.)

THR: What tips do you have for Comic-Con first-timers?
    Horowitz: Bring a lanyard. The first time we went, we didn’t have one and they were all out. I had to carry the pass around, and I lose things rather easily. Stay hydrated and have a great opening line.

THR: If you were to go to Comic-Con in costume, what would it be?
    Horowitz: I would be the most bad-ass Boba Fett.

THR: If you were to work on any other show, what would it be?
    Kitsis: I would love to be on Community, and to be able to take a class with Chevy Chase would be fun.

Horowitz: I would want be on Dexter and have a story line where I would track down Eddie as he goes through the city on a killing spree.

Kitsis: And the twist at the end is that I would finally kill Adam.

THR: What show would you want to reboot?
    Horowitz: Freaks and Geeks.

THR: What can we expect from the Once Upon a Time panel?
    Horowitz: We’re going to screen the pilot and we’re not sure what else. This is the first time we’re having a panel for our own show, and we’re very excited to something fun.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...1-once-a-212537

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time Star Robert Carlyle and Ginnifer Goodwin Comic-Con 2011

www.g4tv.com/videos/54335/once-upon.../#ixzz1SyprUQ1M

Robert Carlyle and Ginnifer Goodwin join Kevin and Candace on the Comic-Con 2011 stage to talk about their starring roles in TV's Once Upon A Time.

http://youtu.be/0olONAXyKJ0

Pictures of Jennifer Morrison at Comic Con 2011 you can find here

Edited by Aleki77 - 24/7/2011, 19:01

3. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic-Con 2011: 'Once Upon A Time' panel - Live Blog

3.57pm: Damon Lindelof introduces the cast: Josh Dallas, Jennifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Robert Carlyle and Lana Parrilla, as well as exec producers Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis.

3.59pm: Lindelof reveals that Horowitz and Kitsis pitched the idea to him during season three of Lost. Horowitz explains: "It started probably eight years ago. We'd just finished working off Felicity and our agent said 'you need a new sample'. We started to think about fairytales and why we liked them. The thing about them is they're like lottery tickets - you buy them and you hope your life will change.

4.00pm: Goodwin reveals that she took the part before even reading the script. "It really didn't take much. I then read it and was inspired to tell the story - we pray - over the next many years."

4.01pm: Morrison - relieved to just play one role? (All of the others play a fairytale character and a 'real world' character) "I'm a little jealous, because it seems really fun to wear the pretty costumes. But it's exciting to create a new fairytale character."

4.02pm: Dallas: "It's amazing to play the icon Prince Charming. You just have to approach it like he's just a man."

4.03pm: Parrilla: "I always wanted to play an evil villain. When I read the script I fell in love with it instantly. I was honoured to be a part of this project."

4.04pm: Carlyle: "It's a fantastic role for me. It's very theatrical."

4.05pm: How will it work as a series? Kitsis: "It's going to work very much like the pilot. Every week we're going to go back and forth throughout both worlds. We're not interested in retelling fairytales but explaining other aspects, like how did Grumpy become grumpy?"

4.06pm: Someone picks up on the house address being 108 and the clock time being 8.15 and asks if we can expect that to continue. Kitsis: "We lived on the island for six tears so we know where we come from, so we're going to give a shout-out here and there."

4.09pm: Like Lost, will the show pose lots of questions? Horowitz: "We hope there's a little bit of a balance. It's hard for us not to inject mystery into, but you can generally relax."

4.10pm: Does Henry perform the 'Desmond' role? Kitsis: "I think that role would maybe fall to Emma."

4.11pm: Comparisons to The Tenth Kingdom or Enchanted? Kitsis: "To be honest, I never saw The 10th Kingdom but now I'd like to go back and see what I can steal from it."

4.12pm: Are there any inspirations from Fables? Kitsis: "Again, this was our own idea. I've only read a couple issues of that, which is amazing. We're trying to do something different completely." Horowitz: "This was really born out of our love of these stories."

4.13pm: Kitsis confirms that the sheriff is not the wolf.

4.14pm: This was a very, very strong pilot, by the way. The best I've seen from next season's new fare.

4.15pm: That's a wrap on this (very brief) panel. More to come soon - stick with us

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tubetalk/...-live-blog.html

4. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon A Time' gets 'Lost' in a fairy tale

'Once Upon A Time' gets 'Lost' in a fairy tale
    Fans can look for mysterious clues in this series, too

Maybe it was the hope that show creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (and moderator David Lindelof) might finally explain how polar bears got onto a tropical island, but many of the fans present for the "Once Upon A Time" presentation at Comic-Con seemed more interest in dwelling in the past than embracing a new TV series.

While reaction to the screening of "Once Upon A Time" was warm, there were certainly a few fanboys who whipped out their cell phones to amuse themselves rather than dive into the pilot, which introduces the idea of what happens when fairy tale characters are, through the curse of an evil witch, stuck living out mundane lives in small town Maine. The pilot was solid but, if fairy tales make you groan or are just too Disney-ingrained for your taste, it's likely a hard sell. The "real life" fates of characters like Snow White and the evil witch are certainly clever (and performances are strong across the board, especially from Lana Parrilla ("24"), Jennifer Morrison ("House") and Robert Carlyle ("The Full Monty"), even the clever little touches (a bowl of apples on the modern-day evil witch's table, for example) are perhaps already too familiar. For the fanboy-heavy audience, though, fairy tales (even by the "Lost" guys) may have been just a little too girly. Blame Disney princesses.

After the screening, the creators discussed how the project came after they were briefly unemployed following "Felicity"'s cancelation. "Our agent said, 'you need a new sample.' And we started to think about fairy tales. We liked them, and they're like a lottery ticket. You buy them and you think your life will change," said Kitsis.

The pair didn't bristle (too much) when several fans mentioned similar TV and comic book projects that cover the same terrain, including the 2000 miniseries "The 10th Kingdom. "As we said, we had this idea from 2002 and to be fair, I never saw the 2000 miniseries, but now I want to to see what I can steal from it," Kitsis joked.

The creators both praised Lindelof, Kitsis joking, "[He] helped us out of an eight year writer's block and got us out of crying on his sofa that we had no ideas left."

It seemed that playing fairy tale characters was an easy sell for the cast. "I told my agent, 'I'll take it,'" recalled Ginnifer Goodwin. "And he said, you need to read it. And I said, seriously, I'll take it. It really didn't take much.

Morrison, who plays Snow White and Prince Charming's daughter, doesn't get to be part of the show's flashbacks to fairy tale land, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like the costumes. "I'm jealous," she said. "It would be fun to wear the pretty outfits. but It's exciting to play a character who's brand new, a new fairy tale character."

While the creators (and Lindelof) said they wouldn't answer "Lost" questions, they did offer an enticing draw for the new show. "We hope this is a show you can watch and relax and enjoy, but if you're looking we want to put out things there for you to find."

Kitsis added, "You can either get into your slippers or get out your magnifying glass."

But don't expect any huge "Lost"-like jumps out of the fairty tale arena. Prince Charming (and his modern version) are here to stay. "One of the great things is everyone knows these stories, and that's why they keep getting told," Horowitz explained.

Kitsis added the more practical reality: "That, and they're public

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/starr-raving/p...in-a-fairy-tale

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ABC's 'Once Upon a Time' juggles real, fairy-tale worlds

Comic-Con fans responded enthusiastically to a pilot screening of ABC's Once Upon a Time, a story of characters who live in two worlds, a fairy-tale one one and the real one.

"We really have every week a back-and-forth between both worlds," executive producer Edward Kitsis said. "It's not a retelling of fairy tales. We're telling you the parts you didn't know."

Fairy tale characters include Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin), Prince Charming (Josh Dallas),the evil queen (Lana Parrilla), Rumpelstiltskin (Robert Carlyle) and Jiminy Cricket (Raphael Sbarge). Each actor portrays a character in the real-world town of Storybrooke, too. Jennifer Morrison also stars as Emma, a real-world character who may be the missing daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and the key to unlocking a fairy-tale world frozen in time.

The Time panel had a definite Lost feel, with two Lost writers, Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, executive producing the show and Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof moderating the panel.

The show will share some characteristics with Lost, including a deep mythology and many clues for the faithful. The pilot featured a couple of numbers that referenced Lost's famous digits. "We'll give a shoutout here and there," Kitsis said.

The producers don't want to make it too demanding, however, for more casual viewers. "We hope there's a little bit of balance, but it's hard not to inject mystery," Horowitz said.

"Viewers can put their slippers on" and relax, Kitsis said. "Or take out a magnifying glass."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/li...y-tale-worlds/1

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time' star Ginnifer Goodwin: The other other Snow White

So there's this story -- stop us if you've already heard it -- about a girl with a dysfunctional family, a habit of befriending the vertically-challenged and the worst luck with produce...

We are, of course, referring to Snow White. And with two films based on the iconic fairy tale heroine in the works, she's more ubiquitous than ever. But for those thinking they have to wait until Summer 2012 for a dose of White, we would like to remind you that ABC's "Once Upon a Time" premieres Oct. 23.

"Our Snow White is something of an a**-kicker, but I don't think that it's contrived in any way," actress Ginnifer Goodwin ("Big Love") told Zap2it and other press when the cast met with reporters at Comic-Con. "We're going to really justify it."

The fantasy drama finds its characters torn between the real and storybook worlds, with Goodwin playing the dual role of Snow White and a put-upon schoolteacher.

And for the times she's in the princess' shoes, Goodwin doesn't want to play it by the book. "I hope to make her terribly flawed, to the extent that I think there are going to be some parts of her that we're not all terribly fond of," she says. "Hopefully I will still be able to justify what has become iconic about the Snow White story."

So how does she think her White will differ from the 1937 cartoon, Kristen Stewart's sword-wielding knight and Lily Collins' technicolor damsel?

"I think our objective is to make the audience believe that these are the real relatable people on whom the Disney animated feature and these movies coming out next year are based on," she says. "Our princesses are definitely not perfect."

Curious about "Once Upon a Time?" Check back soon for more from the cast and creators' Comic-Con appearance.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20..._medium=twitter

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

[07/24/11 - 07:31 AM]
    Live at the San Diego Comic-Con: A Few Minutes With... "Once Upon a Time" Co-Stars Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin & Josh Dallas
    By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)
    If you're a geeky show (or even a geek-adjacent one) the place to be every July is Comic-Con International: San Diego. And with the success of last year's press line interviews, we're braving the unwashed masses once again to snag a few minutes with your favorite stars and creative teams. Day 3 saw visits with the folks behind "Chuck," "The Vampire Diaires," "Alcatraz," "Once Upon a Time," "Nikita," "The Secret Circle" and "Fringe."

Here we've got a few minutes with "Once Upon a Time" Co-Stars Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin & Josh Dallas:

http://youtu.be/a7Luw5wKo8k

www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/0...10723_morrison/

[07/24/11 - 07:30 AM]
    Live at the San Diego Comic-Con: A Few Minutes With... "Once Upon a Time" Co-Stars Robert Carlyle & Lana Parrilla
    If you're a geeky show (or even a geek-adjacent one) the place to be every July is Comic-Con International: San Diego. And with the success of last year's press line interviews, we're braving the unwashed masses once again to snag a few minutes with your favorite stars and creative teams. Day 3 saw visits with the folks behind "Chuck," "The Vampire Diaires," "Alcatraz," "Once Upon a Time," "Nikita," "The Secret Circle" and "Fringe."

Here we've got a few minutes with "Once Upon a Time" Co-Stars Robert Carlyle & Lana Parrilla:

http://youtu.be/pVs0Rid-yrA

www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/0...110723_carlyle/

[07/24/11 - 07:28 AM]
    Live at the San Diego Comic-Con: A Few Minutes With... "Once Upon a Time" Co-Creators Adam Horowitz & Edward Kitsis

Here we've got a few minutes with "Once Upon a Time" Co-Creators Adam Horowitz & Edward Kitsis:

http://youtu.be/Wq3ZRC158GY

www.thefutoncritic.com/video/2011/0...10723_horowitz/

Edited by Aleki77 - 24/7/2011, 18:18

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    @OnceStorybrooke: Gosh this chat for @EW is nice to watch http://t.co/kRMAAZv cc @ginnygoodwin @joshdallas @jenmorrisonlive @robert_carlyle

http://youtu.be/iNuJJU0S_xU

http://static.nowlive.com/com/swf/player.s...embed&j=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash

Edited by Aleki77 - 24/7/2011, 19:41

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic-Con 2011: Jennifer Morrison talks 'Once Upon a Time' - Video
    Sunday, July 24 2011, 16:59 BST
    By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter and Chris Allen, Production Manager

If you've been missing Jennifer Morrison since she left House back in 2010, then the wait is almost over - her new show Once Upon a Time premieres on ABC on Sunday, October 23. In the fantasy drama, Jennifer plays Emma Swan, a bail bonds collector who learns that she is in fact the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming!

We caught up with the lovely Miss Morrison at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego to discuss her new role and the challenges of embracing the world of fantasy.

Digital Spy is bringing you exclusive videos, pictures and live panel blogs from Comic-Con all weekend - view our full coverage of the event here.

Watch Jennifer Morrison discuss ABC's Once Upon a Time below:

www.megavideo.com/?v=ZMYAP16H

www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/interview...time-video.html

Edited by Aleki77 - 24/7/2011, 19:22

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

July 25, 2011 08:19 AM PDT

Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin & Co. on Their Literal "Dream" Project

You know how excited I am about Once Upon a Time, right? And I know how excited you’ve seemed about it. Well, that’s nothing compared to how psyched the show’s stars, Ginnifer Goodwin, Robert Carlyle, Jennifer Morrison and Josh Dallas, are about their buzzy ABC fantasy drama.

So when they popped into TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite, they sounded as much like fans of the fairy tale as the fairy tale’s prospective fans do! They also revealed which storybook characters they hope will eventually cameo and teased plot developments not just months but years away!

Want in? Press play below, then hit the comments to share your own thoughts.

www.megavideo.com/?v=8B1RN9Q0

www.tvline.com/2011/07/once-upon-a-...coop-comic-con/

Edited by Aleki77 - 25/7/2011, 19:07

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic-Con 2011: Once Upon A Time, Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz

"Once Uon A Time" showrunners Edward (Eddy) Kitsis & Adam Horowitz talk about being at Comic-Con, the experience of being responsible for their own show, and why they chose the characters they did for their stories. www.thevoiceoftv.com/

http://youtu.be/UJOAT1UztS4

Edited by Aleki77 - 26/7/2011, 01:51

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

An interesting bit of information that I got from this Kitsis/Horowitz interview: that ABC has ordered only 12 episodes of OUAT, so far. <_<

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time (2011): Season 1 Comic-Con Exclusive: Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas

www.movieweb.com/tv/TVcH59OZuWlFgg/...and-josh-dallas

www.megavideo.com/?v=DQ2SHV04

Edited by Aleki77 - 26/7/2011, 01:46

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic-Con 2011: Once Upon A Time, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison & Josh Dallas

http://youtu.be/MtpC0d2Y_g4

Edited by Aleki77 - 26/7/2011, 01:41

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic-Con 2011: Once Upon A Time, Lana Parrilla & Robert Carlyle

http://youtu.be/SMzXXsyiyqA

39 replies since 19/7/2011, 09:37   1316 views