Fashion in Once Upon A Time

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Get The Look: 'Once Upon A Time'

By Jarett Wieselman

November 14, 2011

As our heroine, Emma Swan, the actress has stomped around Storybrooke in a radical red version and a bold blue alternate, which made its debut in last night's Cinderella-focused outing. But according to Keith Christensen, co-owner of Ocean Drive Leather (which created both jackets), there are more colors to come! Five, actually!

"Right now we're working on a brown sheerling jacket with a detachable hood and a brown bomber jacket for Jennifer," Keith tells Insider.com.

The pieces, which run between $1,200 and $1,500, are custom made for the show (and you, at their website). "Jennifer just loves the cuts," Keith adds.

And she's not alone. Since the show premiered, Ocean Drive Leather has been inundated with requests for the designs seen on the show. "We're starting to get lots of emails from fans who are finding us online," Keith says. "We do lots of film and TV work, but this is the first show where our work has played such a key role. It's great."

To get your own leather Happily Ever After, click here!

http://www.theinsider.com/fashion/46217_On...9A7WPE.facebook

2. comotion
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer (as Emma) should get a "finder's fee" for this. Just another fun example of a new hit show spinning off commercial good fortune for others. Mr. Gold will be writing a contract. :D

3. RebeccaJ
        +1   -1

User deleted

I love what the Wardrobe department have done for Jennifer's character, i think she always looks stunning! If i hadn't bought myself a new leather jacket so very recently i would of probably been ordering my very own leather Happily Ever After jacket :)

4. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (RebeccaJ @ 15/11/2011, 14:24) 
    I love what the Wardrobe department have done for Jennifer's character, i think she always looks stunning! If i hadn't bought myself a new leather jacket so very recently i would of probably been ordering my very own leather Happily Ever After jacket :)

Just wait until they unveil some of those other jackets that were described in the article. You'll probably go and order one of those, LOL. :D

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

‘Once Upon A Time’ Star Jennifer Morrison Reveals Why She Envies Ginnifer Goodwin

‘Once Upon A Time’ Star Jennifer Morrison Reveals Why She Envies Ginnifer Goodwin
    Tags:
    ginnifer goodwin, jennifer morrison, once upon a time
    Courtesy of ABC (2)
    comments 0
    Jennifer’s ready to trade her biker duds for some serious princess swag.

Admit it: When you were a little girl, you totally wanted to go into your mom’s closet to play dress-up — so just imagine how much more you’d want to do that if your mom was Snow White! Jennifer Morrison spoke with reporters Nov. 20 at the 2011 American Music Awards about her Once Upon A Time character Emma Swan’s costumes, or lack thereof; and as it turns out, she’s got a major case of gown-envy!

“I see Ginnifer Goodwin in those ball gowns … and I’m still in my leather jacket,” Jennifer said with a sigh.

Being one of the only characters who never gets to step into the fairytale world has its drawbacks, but don’t think for a second that Jennifer doesn’t love playing tough-as-nails Emma.

She admitted: “I’m so obsessed with my character.”

Poll here: http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/11/21/on...ison-interview/

6. Sky_Angel
        +1   -1

User deleted

I laughed when I read Ginny's reply to that article on twitter:

ginnygoodwin
    “@HollywoodLife Jenn Morrison admits jealous @GinnyGoodwin's costumes hollywoodlife.com/2011/11/21/onc…" jealous of jmo's abs on which to don costumes!

:lol:

7. RebeccaJ
        +1   -1

User deleted

I probably willm i cannever help myslef and Jennifers shoes/boots are lovely on the show too so i've been eyeing them up!!! :heart:

I also love Ginny's reply..BRILLIANT!!! :zi:

8. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

I love the jackets on this show but I have a serious obsession with all the BOOTS on the show! OMG, I think every single female character, Emma especially, always has awesome boots on. I need to lose some weight myself (the knee high ones don't fit over my fat calves but I do have a pair of cool ankle high boots) and when I do I am SO going boot shopping. :D

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time Premieres Tonight: What’s Jennifer Morrison Wearing This Season?

Sep 30, 2012 @ 9:00 am

Once Upon a Time is back with its second season tonight! And now that the big secret—that a bunch of fairytale characters really are living in Storybrooke—is out, we had one burning question for Jennifer Morrison: Has her Emma Swan finally ditched the leather jacket for some fantasy duds? “Not yet! I’m still in that leather jacket,” Morrison told us at Bloomingdale’s in New York, where she unveiled the store’s Once-inspired window display. Not that she minds, considering she helped pick out the trademark piece. “Balmain had a beautiful rust-colored jacket then that I kept seeing in their ads. We wanted a leather jacket, because [we thought it would be] like armor protecting her, but black was too Evil Queen-ish. So I asked, ‘What if we do red?’” What a bold choice! Morrison described this upcoming season as an “emotional” one for Emma while she re-meets her parents, Ginnifer Goodwin‘s Snow White and Josh Dallas‘s Prince Charming. And yet, she’s loving all the new additions to the cast, especially “Captain Hook. I really enjoy having him on the show. He’s such a dynamic character.” Tune in to ABC at 8/7 c tonight for Once Upon a Time‘s season premiere.

http://news.instyle.com/2012/09/30/once-up...nifer-morrison/

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time Is On Tonight: The Cast Talks Their Favorite Costumes!

Mar 10, 2013 @ 6:00 pm

Every Sunday, some of our favorite fairytale stories come to life on Once Upon a Tome—and the magical special effects aren’t the only reason why it’s all so believable! Senior Costume Designer Eduardo Castro creates stunning costumes for stars Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, and more that look like they popped right out of a storybook. “We really don’t have to use our imagination that much,” said Goodwin (who plays the show’s Snow White) at PaleyFest when asked how the costumes help her get into character. “We really are in these worlds.” It’s not to hard to imagine it! Click through for more from the actors’ on their all-immersing costumes, and tune into ABC at 8/7c for the latest episode of Once Upon a Time.

— Nicola Jones

CITAZIONE
    Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White
    For Ginnifer Goodwin, all it takes to become the Fairest of Them All is a good costume. "It does so much of the work for me," says Goodwin, who plays Snow White. "I can certainly move and think more like Snow White when I’m dolled up."

CITAZIONE
    Josh Dallas as Prince Charming
    Suiting up in armor suits Prince Charming Josh Dallas just fine. "I love the armor," says Dallas, who must battle the Queen's evil forces for his one true love. "The armor is very cool to wear, but also James—Charming's evil twin—was fun, and I had a lot of cool stuff to put on."

CITAZIONE
    Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
    "We sort of had a job to make an iconic look for a brand new character that didn't exist in this mythology," Jennifer Morrison said of her character Emma Swan's casual uniform of jeans and sweaters. "We wanted to keep her in something that was simple and functional. She's very consistent."

CITAZIONE
    Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin
    It's tough to turn into the deal-making Rumpelstiltskin, reveals actor Robert Carlyle. "It takes about an hour and a half. It is such a process!" he says of the intense hair and makeup process. "As for the clothes, I use a dresser then they put on the nails and the eyes. It's very uncomfortable!"

CITAZIONE
    Emilie de Ravin as Belle
    Emilie de Ravin may love her character's Storybrooke costumes, but her favorite look so far is Belle's class fairytale-inspired gold dress. "It's so iconic and beautiful!"

CITAZIONE
    Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen
    Channeling the Evil Queen is a collaborative effort for Lana Parrilla. "I'll sit and go through the script and talk to Eduardo Castro, the costume designer, and we'll kind of come up with the whole look together," says Parrilla. Her favorite look so far? "The blue velvet dress with the jeweled back that the Queen wore the first time she meets Hook."

CITAZIONE
    Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook
    Colin O'Donoghue transforms into swashbuckling Captain Hook with a swipe of eyeliner and a whole lot of leather. "I wear a lot of black leather!" says O'Donoghue. "The jacket [I wear] is so Edwardian. You have to stand a certain way because of the it. It helps a lot. And once I get my eyeliner on, I'm ready to be Hook."

http://news.instyle.com/2013/03/10/once-up...orite-costumes/

11. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

That's a good article....nice find, Aleki. ;)

I noticed in that OUAT souvenir magazine, a reference was made to the stunning red dress that Emma wore on that setup date in the Pilot episode. The costume designer tried a Dolce and a Gucci dress on Jennifer, but those expensive dresses didn't photograph as well as a $79 dress, which is what they went with.

12. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 11/3/2013, 01:56) 
    That's a good article....nice find, Aleki. ;)

I noticed in that OUAT souvenir magazine, a reference was made to the stunning red dress that Emma wore on that setup date in the Pilot episode. The costume designer tried a Dolce and a Gucci dress on Jennifer, but those expensive dresses didn't photograph as well as a $79 dress, which is what they went with.

Thanks for the tidbit about Emma's red dress in the pilot! I really need to get that darn magazine soon. :wub:

And oh how I wish celebrities and stylists would realize that they don't have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on clothes....I am the QUEEN of finding great sales and I know I could help them all find some stylish (and much less expensive) clothes! :D

13. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

You've got to get that souvenir magazine, Heather, but be warned....it's pricey. I put on quite a hunt for it to no avail, then found a whole bunch of them at a local supermarket magazine stand.

12 replies since 15/11/2011, 01:24   814 views