Once Upon a Time Panel at Comic Con 2012

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Keck's Exclusives: Once Upon A Comic-Con!

by William Keck

The San Diego Convention Center's mammoth 4,500-seat Ballroom 20 is going to look a whole lot like Storybrooke (or is it Fairytale Land?) — hopefully minus fire-breathing dragons and eerie purple haze — on July 14 when the cast and producers of ABC's Once Upon a Time take the stage at Comic-Con International.

Co-creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (who I first drove crazy with questions when they were executive producers of Lost), will be forced by threat of poison apple to spill Season 2 secrets during the 11am panel moderated by TV Guide Magazine senior editor and columnist William Keck. (Hey, that's me!)

Appearing on the stage will be several of the stars who helped make Once this past season's top-rated new drama series. Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White), Jennifer Morrison (Emma Swan), Lana Parrilla (the Evil Queen), Josh Dallas (Prince Charming), Meghan Ory (Little Red) and newly promoted series regular Emilie de Ravin (Belle) will all be on hand to make fans' fantasies come true. After our spoilery, eye-opening chat, the gang will be available for an autograph session in Room 28C from 12:15 to 1:00. So bring your shiny apples to get signed, kiddies!

www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Comic-Con-1049158.aspx

2. JMHBSK
        +1   -1

User deleted

Unfortunately won't be able to go this year but I'm still excited for this. Anyone able to go?

Very cool to see them in the big room. Should mean a longer time than last year.

Super excited for all the pictures, interviews, and videos that will come from this.

3. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

I've been wanting to go to Comic-Con for several years now but have never been able to plan it all out. Hopefully before OUAT ends I can get out there sometime! In the meantime, I hope we get lots of pics, videos, and stories from the event this year. It always looks like so much fun (and a little crazy too but that's all right, LOL). :)

4. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

ABC’s Once Upon a Time - Singlebrooke Dating Service

http://youtu.be/5Xr4ZH5YXbg

Video

:lol:

5. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time @ Comic-Con: More New Characters, Plus a Promise to Answer to Big Questions (Like Who Is Henry's Dad)

Once Upon a Time is getting some new residents. At the show’s 2012 Comic-Con panel, executive producers Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz revealed that Mulan and Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty), aren’t the only new characters coming to the fantastical ABC drama. Plus, viewers will get answers to some big questions in Season 2. Read on for highlights from the discussion:

WELCOME TO STORYBROOKE | A video montage of all of Season 1′s title cards and a few from Season 2 (embedded below) gave sneak peeks of three new characters coming to the show: the previously announced Mulan and Sleeping Beauty, as well as Jack (of Beanstalk fame). Meanwhile, a video message from Henry (also embedded below) warned that “bad things are still happening in Storybrooke,” and led into a preview of a mysterious figure breaking into Mr. Gold’s shop. After shattering a glass case, the man retrieved a hook and mounted it on his hand. Yes, Captain Hook is coming! “You’re going to meet these people through our characters,” said Kitsis. “We want to make sure you get to learn about the ones you’ve already fallen in love with.”

THE TRUTH COMES OUT | Big revelations are on their way in Season 2, including Dr. Whale’s fairy tale counterpart, plus the identity of Henry’s pop! “I think Goofy is probably going to be Henry’s father,” joked Kitsis. Jennifer Morrison, who’s in on the secret about daddy dearest’s name, added, “People will be very excited to see that storyline play out when they find out, for sure.”

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE… | Although magic is now alive in Storybrooke, “the show this year is not going to change from the one you loved last year,” promised Kitsis. And while there will still be standalone episodes, the producers will also explore bigger stories like the bleed between the Storybrooke and fairy tale worlds, including “why certain things came over and for what reason,” teased Horowitz.

REAL WORLD | The residents of Storybrooke may now know who they really are, but those lives won’t just disappear. One of the questions that will be touched upon is, “What does it mean that they spent all these cursed years as these [Storybrooke people]?” previewed Horowitz.

A HUNGRY WOLF | Does the reveal of their alter-egos mean Ruby will turn wolfy? “Is that not the biggest question?” said Meghan Ory. “That would be bad.” As for who she would eat first if she had to pick, “Dr. Whale maybe,” replied the actress. “He wasn’t too nice to Ruby.”

HOMEWARD BOUND? | Why didn’t the characters make their way back to fairy tale land after the curse was broken? “We don’t know if there’s anything to go back to,” replied Kitsis.

A ROYAL ENDORSEMENT | Ginnifer Goodwin (aka Snow White) had this to say about Season 2: “I never could have conceived the brilliance that is the first couple of scripts. But as an audience member, it’s exactly what I would have wanted to see.”

FATHER & SON | “What happened to [Rumpel's son] Bae is definitely one of the dangling threads from last season, and I would be disappointed if I had to wait another season to find out,” hinted Kitsis.

SEEKING A DATE | A hilarious video from “sponsor” Singlebrooke CEO Hart Archer kicked off the festvities, with the inhabitants of Storybrooke talking about their perfect mates and describing themselves. Josh Dallas’ David described a woman with dark hair, red lips and “skin white as…milk. She’s milk white. Is that racist?” “We could hang with six of my friends,” offered up Leroy, aka Grumpy. Also spotted in the spoof: Sheriff Graham, whose ID caption read, “Mending a broken heart” and “Just look at him.”

http://tvline.com/2012/07/14/once-upon-a-t...coop-comic-con/

Comic-Con: 7 Spoilers From Once Upon a Time Season 2

Once Upon a Time's second season hasn't even begun filming, but the cast and producers came to Comic-Con Saturday ready to spill details — and boy did they!

Now that magic has returned to Storybrooke, a whole slew of fairy tale characters will be joining the ranks of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin), Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) & Co. Who's set to appear? Get the scoop from the cast and executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis below. Plus: Who's Henry's father? Will they make it back to fairy tale land? Who is Dr. Whale (David Anders)?

1. Title teasers: Once Upon a Time's title cards are known for revealing incoming characters, like The Big Bad Wolf and Maleficent as the dragon. Fans got a sneak peek at a few of the new title cards for next season, including Jack and the Beanstalk, Sleeping Beauty (Sarah Bolger), Mulan (Jamie Chung) and what appeared to be the Love Bug — or Emma's car. Guesses?

2. Hook! New footage for Season 2 featured Henry (Jared Gilmore) pleading for help, explaining that even though the curse was broken, bad things are still happening in Storybrooke. Cut to a mysterious man break into Mr. Gold's (Robert Carlyle) pawn shop and breaking one of the glass cases in order to steal something back: His hook for a hand. That's right, Peter Pan's Captain Hook is coming to Storybrooke!

3. Storybrooke vs. fairy tale land: The curse may have been lifted in the season finale, but our favorite characters weren't transported back to fairy tale land. Why? "Everyone says go back, but who knows if there's anything to go back to," Kitsis teased. Plus: We'll learn why certain parts of fairy tale land — like Snow White's glass coffin — appeared in the real world in the finale. The producers also noted that the show will still go back and forth between Storybrooke and fairy tale land, and they won't be erasing everyone's extra memories from Storybrooke.

4. Henry's origins: The producers promised that in Season 2 we will definitely learn the identity of Henry's birth father. Jennifer Morrison already knows who it is. "People will be very excited to see that story line play out for sure," she said. Joked Kitsis, "It might be Sneezy!" Morrison also hopes that we'll someday meet Emma's foster parents, but that story line is not in the first two episodes of Season 2.

5. Returning faces: Now that the show will be introducing Sleeping Beauty in Season 2, the producers hinted that Maleficent (Kristin Bauer) — who appeared to meet her demise in the finale — might return. "I didn't see her body," Kitsis and Horowtiz teased in unison. "There's magic in Storybrooke now," Kitsis added. The producers also hinted that Rumpelstiltskin's son Bae will likely appear in Season 2. Meanwhile, Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan) made a guest appearance in a spoof video for a fake dating site called Singlebrooke, so here's hoping he'll also return.

5. Magic issues: Now that magic is in Storybrooke, Ruby can turn into The Big Bad Wolf once a month when the moon shines. Will that be an issue in Season 2? "Is that not the biggest question? That would be bad," Meghan Ory teased.

6. Whale, revealed: Many of the Storybrooke residents' dual identities were revealed last season, but that of Dr. Whale is still a mystery. However, the producers promised his fairy tale alter ego would be revealed in Season 2.

7. New faces: Besides Mulan and Sleeping Beauty, the producers welcomed the idea of introducing other Disney characters. In particular, they were very receptive to Ariel and Aladdin, but not so much for Winnie the Pooh and Goofy. (Rightly so!)

Which new characters would you like to see on Once Upon a Time?

Once Upon a Time returns Sundays this fall on ABC.

www.tvguide.com/News/Comic-Con-Once...n2-1049984.aspx

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Entertainment Weekly Comic Con 2012

http://youtu.be/UWiuHjDXoDI

7. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'm resigned to Jen not getting her high pitched voice back

8. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

That dating video is PRICELESS!! OMG, I haven't laughed so hard in a while! I will so be sharing that on FB in about 2.5 seconds, LOL :lol:

The interviewer is kind of a dolt but I loved hearing from the cast in that EW interview. Was Jen taking a picture right at the start of that interview or tweeting about it?! That was cute seeing them all try to finish whatever before the interview! :D

I am SO ANXIOUS for season two!! :wub:

9. Michelle94
        +1   -1

User deleted

Haha I love Josh! She's milk white.... :huh: ...... Is that racist?

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ginnifer Goodwin: There Will Be ‘A Lot More Butt Kicking’ In Once Upon A Time

SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- “Once Upon A Time” returns for its second season on ABC this fall and at Comic-Con 2012 in San Diego on Saturday, Ginnifer Goodwin suggested Snow White is about to get even more fierce.

“There will be a lot more butt kicking,” she told AccessHollywood.com of her character Snow/Mary Margaret, who along with the rest of the residents of Storybrooke, remembered their fairytale pasts in the Season 1 finale.

“There will be fight training involved,” she added. “We will be going back [on Sunday], so this week we will be getting things underway.”

And it’s only fitting that Snow gears up for a fight. At Comic-Con, producers revealed that Captain Hook was one of the new fairytale characters heading to Season 2.

“I’m ecstatic to meet Hook,” Ginnifer raved. “He is just such a good villain and I think that it could be interesting to see a villain like that who doesn’t… in our experience, have actual magical powers. It will be interesting to see how he steps up against the villains that we’ve already established.

“We have the Evil Queen and Mr. Gold as being very magical beings and Mr. Hook just has a hook, to the best of my knowledge,” she added.

Also joining the cast in Season 2 will be Jack and the Beanstalk and two fairytale heroines who have been cast – Jamie Chung as Mulan and Sarah Bolger as Sleeping Beauty/Aurora.

“She’s lovely,” Jennifer Morrison, who plays Emma Swann, told Access at Comic-Con of Jamie, who she’s worked with before in film. “I’ve heard the most amazing things about Sarah… Really just heard over and over again that she’s just extraordinary, so I’m really excited to meet her.”

As for the current cast, expect the realization that Snow and Prince Charming/David are actually Emma’s mom and dad to play out heavily in the drama.

“I know that it’s going to be a big deal this season to explore what these parent relationships are and what it means to Emma that she was given up to save other people,” Jennifer told Access. “That’s a complicated thing to wrap your brain around, because you still feel like, ‘But I missed my life with you!’ So I think there’s gonna be some really complicated stuff that goes on between Snow and Emma, and also I think that there’s probably going be a little more romance going on, is my guess.”

And it sounds like that romance may be for Snow and Prince Charming – finally.

“Now that the curse has been broken, I think that we will all be more satisfied with the David/Prince Charming character,” Ginnifer said.

“I think that their relationship will continue to be titillating and we will still have all of the ladies and some of the men rooting for Prince Charming,” she added.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/ginnifer-go...2_article_67225

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic-Con 2012: Once Upon A Time Welcomes Back the Magic

I don’t think I’ve been shy about telling people that Once Upon A Time was my favorite new drama last fall. Like all new shows with 23 episode orders it certainly had its ups and downs, but overall the concept and characters really worked.

If you’ll remember, the season finale (my favorite finale of the spring) resolved the issue of the original curse, returned the character’s memories of their previous (real?) lives, and revealed what they’ll be dealing with in Season 2…the introduction of magic into the real world.

Several of the cast members found their way to Comic Con on Saturday, and were all smiles as they shared what they loved about Season 1 and what they’re looking forward to in Season 2.

I asked Meghan Ory (Ruby/Red) what she thought when she learned that her character would be the Big Bad Wolf, and she exclaimed she couldn’t be happier. That said, now that her memory has returned she’s going to be dealing with residual guilt over killing her last boyfriend, but that’s not all. The Ruby character is a girl who spent Season 1 unsure of who she is or the kind of person she wants to be, and according to Meghan, even though she’s going to have issues to work out, having a solid idea of herself will bring new and exciting aspects to the character. In addition, she had some interesting thoughts on Ruby’s wardrobe, which she feels like reflected the character’s search for her identity, and said to keep an eye on how it might change in the upcoming season.

When asked about the potential romance between her and August W. Booth/Pinnochio (Eion Bailey), she said she thinks that “even though she killed her last boyfriend, Ruby deserves some romance in her life.” Whether or not it will be August or someone else, we’ll just have to wait and see.

She’s also hoping to get to do more scenes with Robert Carlyle. Meghan suspects there is more to their story, since she’s the one who sent Snow to see Rumplestilskin in FairyTale Land and she and Mr. Gold have shared more than one conspiratorial glance in Storybrooke. Interesting.

Next, the adorable Emilie de Ravin (Belle) joined us for a chat about her character and who she might find be interacting with in the opening episodes. Emilie shared that, at least at the outset of the season, she’ll be clinging to Rumplestilskin/Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle), since she doesn’t know anyone else terribly well. When asked whether Belle will be coming from a place of love after everything she went through with Rumplestilskin in FairyTale land, she responded with a quick yes. Rumplestilskin was her first love, her only love, and the fact that he chose power over their relationship isn’t enough to change her feelings.

That said, “Belle’s not one to hold back, so if she has a problem with something he’s done, she’s not going to bite her tongue.”

Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin had similar thoughts on the challenges facing series’ favorite couple (Snow White and Prince Charming), now that they seemingly have everything they ever wanted. Expect a good amount of internal battle between happiness at their reunion, guilt over their actions (David) in Storybrooke, and anger over losing thirty years of their lives together…and missing out on their daughter’s childhood and being part of their grandson’s life.

Ginnifer also added that the reveal brings difficulty into Mary Margaret and Emma’s relationship, because in addition to learning they are mother and daughter who have missed out on the chance to bond as such, they’re in some ways each losing their first best friend.

I asked Jennifer Morrison (Emma) whether or not she was surprised to learn that the major tenet of the show concept, the curse that erased our character’s identities and shoved them into reality, would be resolved in the first season came as a surprise. She responded that perhaps she would have thought so had she been privy to the knowledge at the beginning of the season, but as it progressed the reveal seemed to be a natural next step. Jennifer mused (and I agreed with her), that having Emma continue to ignore clue after clue and refuse to believe would have become irritating and made the character appear less intelligent than she clearly is.

Now that Emma is faced with this reality that she has to accept as the truth, will she be tempted to run again? Jennifer says no, and for that matter, she’s never thought of Emma as a runner. She see’s Emma as someone who wants a clear path before setting her feet on it, and once she had the chance to be with Henry in her sights, she was prepared to fight for it. Now that she has a whole family to reconnect with, she’s more ready than ever to do battle to keep what’s hers.

Last but certainly not least, the Evil Queen/Regina, Lana Parilla, sat down for a couple of minutes. First off, she loves playing an evil character and can’t believe she waited this long in her career to give it a shot. As far as the magic returning to Storybrooke, she figures Regina couldn’t be in a better position—she needs magic in order to survive.

Lana compared Regina losing Henry to an alcoholic or drug-addicted parent faced with the decision to either clean up their act or lose their child. She believes that nothing besides Henry matters to Regina, and at the end of the season, she’s lost absolutely everything, and she’s going to do whatever it takes in order to get him back.

I asked her about being the hero of her own story, because obviously Regina believes she’s doing the right thing by herself and her son, and whether or not we might get to explore some of those glimmers of almost-sympathy flickering around the edges of her character. Lana replied that yes, it’s likely that by the end of Season 2 we’ll know exactly what made the Evil Queen evil. Whether or not that makes us care more remains to be seen, but we will understand her motivations a little bit better.

Season 2 will be all about the characters figuring out how to meld their Storybrooke and FairyTale Land characters into one person now that they remember living two separate lives. They’ll struggle to reconcile the lives they’ve been forced to lead these past thirty years with the paths they were on and the people they loved before and decide how much humanity to keep and how much to discard.

It sounds as though it’s going to be an interesting study in character development as we watch this competent cast tackle new incarnations of their creations. We’re still in the dark about Rumplestilskin’s motivations for bringing magic back to Storybrooke, but one quote from Josh Dallas made this girl very, very happy: “Charming is back, 100%.”

http://poptimal.com/2012/07/comic-con-2012...c/#.UASAl_Xd6qd

12. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Not sure if this is the right thread or not but I did finally find a video from Comic-Con that has Jen's main talking part in it. She is HILARIOUSLY awesome about the fact that she's known the identity of Henry's father since early in season one, LMAO :lol:

Video

13. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

that was funny :D thanks for the vid!

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Teases Once Upon A Time Season 2

Once Upon A Time Season 2 begins later this year, but before that, the cast and producers made a special appearance in San Diego at this year’s Comic-Con International. We interviewed several of them — you can find those interviews here — and today we share what Jennifer Morrison, better known as our hero, Emma Swan, has to say.

Please do not reproduce this onto other websites/Tumblr blogs/etc. Instead, just place a link to KSiteTV! Thanks!

“I think she’s going to freak out!” Morrison exclaims when asks how Emma is going to react to the knowledge that “Mary-Margaret” and “David” are indeed Snow White and Prince Charming, and they are indeed her parents. “I think she’s going to be really overwhelmed and freak out. No matter what, she’s a survivor, and that’s always been her existence, is to find a way to survive the most intense of circumstances, so there will definitely be that part of her, but I just think it’s all crazy. It’s crazy! She’s going to deal with everything suddenly being crazy, and I think she will deal with that in a very real way.”

The family dynamic between Emma and her parents isn’t the only one that will be affected when the show comes back — things are also going to be different between Emma and Henry. “I think it’s going to be drastically affected,” she says. “There’s going to be some damage to be undone there, as well, just as much as Emma’s going to have a hard time dealing with the fact that her parents gave her up and trying to understand why, she’s going to have to answer to Henry. She sort of placated him and not believed him all the way through and thought ‘oh, I’m just using this as a way to connect to you and try to be close to you,’ and he’s an incredibly advanced child, in the sense that I think he will have perspective on it in some way, where he’ll realize that it does seem outrageous. There’s a certain amount of grace and forgiveness that he’ll have there, but I do think there’s going to be some damage to be undone, for sure.”

Part of the fun for Morrison is not knowing what is coming next for her character. “The writing is so extraordinary that you just never can guess what’s coming next,” she says. “We never read a script and think ‘well, this will probably happen this week, and that’ll probably happen next week.’ That never happens. Every time we read a script, we have no idea what’s going to happen, and that’s an exciting place to be as an actor, because you always have a new challenge facing you, with very little time to work it out. You get to live at the edge of your seat, and the adrenaline of the show, and the momentum that it has, and where the writing is taking you, you’re sort of just getting on that wave and riding it.” As Emma is, in many ways, the bridge between the worlds, Morrison often has a big role in every episode, though that sometimes varies. “It just depends on the episode,” she says.

“There are some episodes that are incredibly time-demanding, and then there are episodes when I work 2 days, and then I get a little break. It really just comes down to a by-episode situation. I know that in the first episode back, I am in almost every scene, and then the second episode, I’m in four scenes. There are times where, depending on what the storyline is… there’s always going to be an element of Emma that’s a through-line, but sometimes it’ll be a lot, and sometimes be a little,” she continues.

http://www.ksitetv.com/once-upon-a-time/je...-season-2/15395

15. Aly Cameron
        +1   -1

User deleted

Comic Con 2012 - Jennifer Morrison talks 'Once Upon A Time' Season 2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB7XVpxKr-c&feature=player_embedded

14 replies since 23/6/2012, 14:40   703 views