OUAT S02E16 - The Miller's Daughter

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time - Episode 2.16 - The Miller's Daughter - Press Release

CITAZIONE

CORA'S DESIRE TO TAKE RUMPLESTILTSKIN'S PLACE AS THE DARK ONE TAKES
    ONE STEP CLOSER TO BECOMING REALITY AS HE LAYS DYING, AND MARY MARGARET IS ONCE AGAIN TEMPTED BY DARK MAGIC, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Rose McGowan ("Charmed") Guest Stars as Younger Cora

"The Miller's Daughter" - Cora's desire to rid herself of Rumplestiltskin in order to take his place as The Dark One takes one step closer to becoming reality as she and Regina try to overpower a dying Mr. Gold, and Mary Margaret is once again tempted by dark magic. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin agrees to offer his services to a younger Cora - for a price - when the king calls her bluff and orders her to actually follow through on her boast of being able to spin straw into gold, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MARCH 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Barbara Hershey as Cora, Michael Raymond-James as Neal Cassidy, Rose McGowan as younger Cora, Gerry Rousseau as father, Joaquim de Almeida as King Xavier, Eva Allan as Princess Eva, Zak Santiago as Prince Henry and Sonequa Martin-Green as Tamara.

"The Miller's Daughter" was written by Jane Espenson and directed by Ralph Hemecker.

"Once Upon a Time" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG,V parental guideline.

For more information on "Once Upon a Time," visit ABC.com/Once

2. sammy1927
        +1   -1

User deleted

The Miller's Daughter Promo Pics

adrUwXvf acguKCof adupdQMP acxOOstK abiSlrMX adgAQqAx abf2fU4B adyq0oR5 acdSXvaT adxgjs3u abng4fDk achEDI9s achN4gJV absDnD9k abyZNj55 adbBVjob abhrwSF6 abt6QHaO aduST7yB acjyea45 achgj5OB acpvCCnU admXsLCo adbcEWjp abgG0EHR adg7JTkB adyf4n90 adeWryV1 acuK7lvF achT9EdZ acnu2BFH adb5dYsl abb5tJ6U abzhWWkI abzYpgA5 adtr8omF adlmum1E adqj5q8r abwNUhoH abdwvsvW adptyyXa abjbVVM7 addWp0vF aby1ftkd abxk6LFw acj9fHW3 abvHtjUn abgHy3Qg abeeqS7Y acn0o9Ua acj5Nvhr abhPI5Ny

3. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for these enjoyable additions, Sammy -- it looks like a great episode. :)

4. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

This episode looks amazing too! The last two eps have been outstanding and this one looks like it's going to continue that trend. Thanks for the pics! :D

5. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Wow I want to see the fight scene thanks!!

6. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

MIND BLOWN. Amazing episode tonight and I loved seeing Emma use some of her magic! :wub:

Hehe....loved this line!
    Emma: I drew the invisible line....I think....
    Neal: You missed a spot. :lol:

7. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

What did Emma do?? How is she using magic??

8. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yeah!! Just found the clip where Emma cast a spell ..Loved the spell quote...

Video

9. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Seeing Emma use her special magic was, indeed, a highlight. I wonder if there is any significance to Emma and Neal being "purple-smoked" onto that forest trail? :unsure:

Buh-bye, Cora. ;)

10. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 11/3/2013, 07:01) 
    Seeing Emma use her special magic was, indeed, a highlight. I wonder if there is any significance to Emma and Neal being "purple-smoked" onto that forest trail? :unsure:

Buh-bye, Cora. ;)

What purple smoke trail?? OMG want to c that!! ;)

11. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 11/3/2013, 07:05) 
    What purple smoke trail?? OMG want to c that!! ;)

Sorry, tiuchis, I forgot that you don't get to see the broadcast right away. I don't want to be a spoiler. It was not a huge event in the episode...just an interesting aside, and I think you will like it. ;)

12. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

SPOILER ALERT!
    If you haven't seen this episode yet, you might not want to read further -- of course, you might not want to read further anyway, so disregard the header, or not. :huh:

I have a couple of questions about this episode:
    1. Is that Prince that the young Cora married, the same "father of Regina" that we saw in last season's episodes, played by the actor Tony Perez? If so, they look so completely different.

2. In the opening sequence of this episode, that royal Princess who acted so mean to the young Cora by tripping her up and spilling her load of flower, was that Ava who was to become Snow White's mother? If so, then I can understand (somewhat) why Cora wanted revenge against her.

Observations.....
    Poor David. Despite his regular boasts and flexing of will over protecting his family, he always seems to get flung through the air by Regina, Cora or Tiny the giant, or losing a sword fight to the smaller Rumple, or getting knocked out by Hook. He does talk tough, though.

And speaking of tough....how about our fearless Princess, Emma? :angry: :wub: The woman is one tough cookie. During the fight scene in Gold's shop, I loved the grimace on Emma's face as she was restraining Regina. And even though Regina has some powerful magic and is capable of holding Emma at bay, our Princess has enough strength to overcome that. It was so delicious to see Emma throw Regina (think last season's final episode) through the air with such force that Regina took out Cora as she went sailing over the glass counter -- very impressive stunt work, all around.

In a rewrite of this episode, how would this have gone over?......
    As the dying Mr.Gold, laying on the sofa, talking -- with Emma's mobile phone -- to the hospitalized Belle, he suddenly stops in mid-sentence with a thoroughly disgusted look on his face... :angry: . He yells into the phone..."Belle? BELLE?!! HELLO?!! Through his pain, he looks at the phone and, in horror, sees on the phone's screen the two most dreaded words known to human kind....NO SERVICE!! Emma then responds blandly, as only she can..."Oh, I must have forgotten to top up my minutes for this month. Sor-ree. <_<

Finally, do you ever notice how Regina and Emma both suffer from a void of love in their lives? They both had it in their past(s), but have lost it and are taking vastly different paths to find such. Emma has put up her wall to protect herself from getting hurt, while Regina has succumbed to her uncontrollable thirst for power and revenge to effectively crush any chance for romantic bliss.

13. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 11/3/2013, 20:44) 
    SPOILER ALERT!
    If you haven't seen this episode yet, you might not want to read further -- of course, you might not want to read further anyway, so disregard the header, or not. :huh:

I have a couple of questions about this episode:
    1. Is that Prince that the young Cora married, the same "father of Regina" that we saw in last season's episodes, played by the actor Tony Perez? If so, they look so completely different.

2. In the opening sequence of this episode, that royal Princess who acted so mean to the young Cora by tripping her up and spilling her load of flower, was that Ava who was to become Snow White's mother? If so, then I can understand (somewhat) why Cora wanted.

And speaking of tough....how about our fearless Princess, Emma? :angry: :wub: The woman is one tough cookie. During the fight scene in Gold's shop, I loved the grimace on Emma's face as she was restraining Regina. And even though Regina has some powerful magic and is capable of holding Emma at bay, our Princess has enough strength to overcome that. It was so delicious to see Emma throw Regina (think last season's final episode) through the air with such force that Regina took out Cora as she went sailing over the glass counter -

I already got to see the episode..so here is what I think..

1.- yes it is supposed to b Henry Mills Regina's father
    2.- yes it is Snow's mother

Then, I agree Emma is really strong!!! Hehehe what I'm amazed is about Emma casting spells!!! Does that mean that Gold will teach her now?? Because he taught Cora and Regina..but then, they learned how to do magic and Emma was born with magic..so that means her magic does not come with a price, because it is a natural gift or what??

14. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (tiuchis @ 12/3/2013, 05:31) 
    Then, I agree Emma is really strong!!! Hehehe what I'm amazed is about Emma casting spells!!! Does that mean that Gold will teach her now?? Because he taught Cora and Regina..but then, they learned how to do magic and Emma was born with magic..so that means her magic does not come with a price, because it is a natural gift or what??

That is an excellent question, tiuchis, and thank you for answering my questions. It would be great to see Emma using more magic, and with Regina now going nuts over losing Cora, I think that Emma will need all the magic she can muster, along with help from Gold, if he thinks that it's in his best interest. And Emma no longer owes Gold anything -- in fact, he probably owes her, and Mary Margaret, for saving his life. ;)

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time Postmortem: How Can Snow White Redeem Herself?

Once Upon a Time fans were likely both simultaneously cheering and lamenting Snow White's game-changing decision during Sunday's episode of the ABC fairy tale drama after she finally avenged the death of her mother Queen Eva by killing Cora (Barbara Hershey).

Fearful that Cora would kill Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) in order to become the Dark One, Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) used Cora's own dark magic against her by lighting the candle that would spare Rumple's life in exchange for Cora's. Yes, that's the same candle that Cora had once tried to trick Snow into using on Queen Eva (Rena Sofer) in hopes of corrupting Snow, the payback for Queen Eva slighting her all those years ago. After tricking Regina (Lana Parrilla) into placing Cora's cursed heart back into her body, Cora cryptically told her daughter that she "would've been enough" before perishing.
    Unfortunately, committing murder has darkened Snow's soul, a consequence which is Cora's ultimate form of vengeance. Can Snow be redeemed? TVGuide.com turned to executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis to get the scoop:

How will Snow White change after killing Cora?
    Edward Kitsis: The journey to restore her heart and the lightness in it becomes her arc at the end of this season. Obviously her husband is going to her, her daughter is going to help and there are going to be circumstances to give her the opportunity to help her lighten that heart again.

Right before she died, Cora told Regina, "You would've been enough." Was that your way of saying that maybe if she kept her heart, maybe she wouldn't have turned out so evil?
    Kitsis: That's exactly right. But really what she was saying in that moment is that when she looked at Regina and she looked at Rumple, two people she could've loved, she realized she spent a lifetime choosing power over love. In that one moment, she realized she made a mistake. That, to us, is what was so heartbreaking for Regina. All she ever wanted, as you realize in this episode, is for her mother to love her, and the minute she does, she dies.

It seems like Regina will be hellbent on getting revenge. Is there no stopping her now?
    Adam Horowitz: A fire has been lit under her. We've seen what she's like when she's been motivated before, but I'm not sure she's ever been quite as motivated as she is now.

Even Henry (Jared Gilmore) couldn't stop her?
    Kitsis: That's a great question. Keep watching, please!

Even though Rumple says he had nothing to do with Cora's death, will Regina still be out for his blood as well as the Charming Family's?
    Kitsis and Horowitz: Absolutely!
    Kitsis: She is an equal-opportunity attacker.

The next episode flashes back to the first week of the curse. What can you tell us about that?
    Kitsis: It gives you an insight into Regina. We will give you an insight into her feelings about revenge and about casting the curse and how she feels about everything. You're going to really be with Regina in that episode and understand what it was like to come over, what it was like to feel like she won.
    Horowitz: What's been fun for us is that when we premiered the show, we dropped you right down in the middle of this story in terms of Storybrooke 28 years later. We saw the curse get cast in the pilot then the 28 years later. It's been fun to fill in some of the blanks, but we're really excited for the audience to see why we're filling in the blanks. Those are the surprises we intend to unravel in this episode. What is it about those early days of Storybrooke that are so important and relevant to what is happening now?

We know Rumplestiltskin had both sets of memories early on. Will we get a taste of how that came to be in this flashback?
    Kitsis: This episode is really Regina-centric. Whatever Mr. Gold knows in this episode, he is keeping to himself.

Emma (Jennifer Morrison) is dealing with the fact that Neal (Michael Raymond-James) is going to be in town, along with his fiancée, Tamara (Sonequa Martin-Green). How will she handle that?
    Kitsis: It's going to be hard for her. We know what their dream was, which was the two of them going to Tallahassee. In a lot of ways, it's hard for her to see that he's found it with someone else. The one thing we know about Emma is that she has a great self-defense mechanism where she convinces herself she doesn't care, so I think those two things will be at war with each other.

Will Tamara be let in on the truth? Or does she already know?
    Horowitz: Tamara met Neal in the real world. They fell in love and got engaged. Now, Neal is caught up in something that no regular person could possibly conceive of. How is she going to react to that? Or not react to that? Is he going to keep it from her? These are the questions we intend to pose, in addition to the more important emotional question: How does this affect Henry's family, which is now expanded in many, many ways? Tamara is now a wild card thrown in the mix and we're really excited to show you how it's all going to play out.

At PaleyFest, you guys teased that we'll meet Belle's (Emilie de Ravin) alter ego in an upcoming episode called "Lacey." What can you tell us about that episode?
    Kitsis: The most important thing in that episode is that Gold is faced with a very tough choice. He knows that Henry is his undoing. We know that the only person whose life has ever been a great influence on him is Belle, so what happens when that is taken away?

Is there a possibility that we'll see a young Belle as we've seen a young Snow?
    Kitsis: Not in that episode, no, but that is a great idea.

What other character-centric episodes will we see?
    Horowitz: We're going to be seeing more of all of central figures and of our newer additions. We'll be learning a bit more about Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) and a bit more about Neal/Baelfire.

Once Upon a Time's Josh Dallas: Will the residents of Storybrooke go back to fairy tale land?

What can you tell us about the possibility for the residents of Storybrooke to get back to fairy tale land?
    Kitsis: We saw in "Tiny" that Anton brought a bean back. Charming (Josh Dallas) wants to go back, that's his home, that's where he wants to be. He's lobbying at Mary Margaret, but she's like, "Only if Emma comes." What's going to happen is that becomes an alluring goal for them because that is like, "If we could just do that, maybe it'll solve a lot of our problems!" But as we know, life's never that easy.

It seems like the finale is heading to Neverland. What can you tell us about what's going to bring the show there?
    Horowitz: Who says we're bringing the show there? [Laughs]
    Kitsis: It could be a flashback, as we've seen other lands. We know Hook spent time there.
    Horowitz: Again, we're going to be learning more about both Hook and Baelfire and there may or may not be another land in that. What we see of it and what we learn of it is something that we want to keep as a surprise.
    Kitsis: But I'm sure we'll spoil it in a month. [Laughs]

Do you think Snow White can be redeemed? Are you excited about the show flashback to the early days of the curse? Hit the comments!

Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8/7c on ABC.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-a-Ti...on-1062528.aspx

17 replies since 5/3/2013, 02:12   403 views