2011 - Warrior

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    WARRIOR, directed by Gavin O’Connor (Pride and Glory). Starring Tom Hardy, Nick Nolte, Joel Edgerton, and Jennifer Morrison. Release date: October 9th.

CITAZIONE

source

:tnx: Briteen :please:

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Indie trends slippery at Cannes

Biz searches for new model as art, commerce diverge

By LEO BARRACLOUGH

As distribs, sales execs and producers head for Cannes, along with their passports and business cards, they'll be packing a certain amount of anxiety.

Despite the fact that some economists are seeing green shoots in the global economy, changes in consumer habits are a cause for concern, with the rise in VOD revenue failing to fill the vacuum left by the decline in DVD sales. A number of distribs have drifted toward insolvency in the past year and minimum guarantees have been falling. All of which creates nervousness among all the various parties.

Buyers have become more cautious and take their time making decisions. There is little impulse buying," says Thorsten Ritter, head of Bavaria Film Intl.

That cautiousness comes out of uncertainty about the future. It is a very transitional time for the business," says Michael Barker, co-prexy of Sony Pictures Classics.

Nicolas Brigaud-Robert, a partner at Films Distribution, agrees: "We are into a technological transition where the business models are not yet all stabilized."

Buyers are adapting to the shifting landscape in different ways, which has led to a lack of consensus when it comes to picking up titles. "The market has no sense of direction, because there are many different business models competing with each other," says Brigaud-Robert, whose slate includes comedy "With Love … From the Age of Reason," starring Sophie Marceau, and "L'amour fou," a docu about Yves Saint Laurent.

The two strands of the indie market -- mainstream and arthouse -- continue to diverge. Reasonably priced mainstream pics are more likely to be picked up at script stage, whereas arthouse buyers prefer to wait until there's footage to see or a festival berth secured before they'll commit.

Many buyers and sales companies have responded to the demands of this bifurcated market by having a foot in both camps.

Arthouse films have become very tough, and even some companies that are very good at arthouse movies are trying to find some more genre and commercial films that still have a kind of artistic way," says Youngjoo Suh, head of Finecut, whose slate includes genre pics, like Korean War movie "71 -- Into the Fire" and festival films like Pablo Trapero's "Carancho."

Stewart Till, CEO of the Icon UK Group, is not keen on such distinctions. 'Arthouse' is a dangerous term," he says. "We've had enormous success with films like 'A Single Man' and 'Precious' that you might call arthouse, although ironically both of them did a lot of their business in multiplexes."

Among the films Icon is showing at Cannes are Julie Taymor's "The Tempest" and Noel Clarke's heist movie "4.3.2.1," both of which are "wonderful examples of filmmaking, and accessible and commercial," Till says.

For Optimum Releasing CEO Will Clarke, each project should be judged on its own merits.

What I'm looking for is something that will make an impact from a creative, artistic and commercial point of view," he says. "I want to have my cake and eat it."

David Garrett, prexy of Summit Intl., admits to the same desire. "There are two schools of thought out there," he says. "One is you are looking for things that appear to work every time in the market, and at the same time you are looking for things that are different and original. Ideally you want some combination of the two -- it's a little bit like alchemy."

Whatever the type of film, most filmmakers are attempting to achieve the same thing. "It all goes back to finding a good story well told and that can be in any particular genre and in any particular style. The buyers and the audience are all looking for something that has a voice to it," says Garrett, whose slate includes $45 million epic tsunami drama "The Impossible," helmed by Juan Antonio Bayona ("The Orphanage"), and romantic comedy "Something Borrowed," starring Kate Hudson.

The divorce between mainstream and arthouse has not been helped by the fact that the tastes of the festivals and the market have also diverged. "Even the arthouse distributors are looking for more accessible films than the main festivals offer," says Ritter, who slate includes Paula van der Oest's drama "Black Butterflies," about South African poet Ingrid Jonker, and docu "Jane's Journey," about wildlife researcher Jane Goodall.

Sales prospects for the right kind of project remain strong, says Helen Lee Kim, president, international, at Lionsgate. She points to "Machine Gun Preacher," which has a strong director, Marc Forster, and an international star, Gerard Butler, attached, as well as genre elements, as the kind of film that is selling well.

If the projects have a clear demo in mind and cater to a mainstream audience, then buyers are willing to prebuy," she says.

Lionsgate's "Hunger Games," a teen gladiator film set in the future based on Suzanne Collins bestselling trilogy, also has sparked strong interest. "Franchise movies are definitely something that people are looking to partner up on," Kim says. "Warrior" is another property with good selling points: action, drama, up-and-coming cast (Jennifer Morrison, Tom Hardy) and seasoned vet (Nick Nolte).

As in previous years, the major auteurs are well-represented at Cannes, but not all of them carry the same attraction for distributors. While Steven Soderbergh and Ang Lee are "hit or miss," says Eagle Pictures' head of acquisitions Maria Grazia Vairo, "Woody Allen is a fantastic name to have, as are the Coen brothers. They are a kind of brand almost."

However, as is true of other buyers, Vairo needs more than a well-known director to draw her to a project. "I tend not to go after things just because of the director. I tend to look at the whole package," she says.

Harold Van Lier, StudioCanal exec VP of international sales, emphasizes that it is important to have a strong marketing hook and a particular audience in mind. "What we are doing very well with are films that have a clearly identified angle, a very strong theatrical potential and are priced sensibly," he says, citing as an example sci-fi actioner "Attack the Block," which is aimed at a multiplex audience of young males, and "Brighton Rock," an adaptation of the Graham Greene novel, with the action moved into the 1960s.

Certain territories are performing more strongly than others, sellers report. Japan is "challenging" as local content continues to play well at the expense of Hollywood and other foreign pics.

Spain and Italy are also soft, with comedies and romantic comedies a particularly tough sell in the latter. Russia is strong for action pics, but a difficult market for other films, and the state of the U.S. indie market is also a concern for most sellers, although Barker sees no reason to be alarmed.

I've been doing this for a really long time," he says, "and the fact of the matter is the people that go away get replaced by other people. It's cyclical."

Barker remains optimistic that he will be able to unearth strong films at Cannes.

We've been happy with what we've been finding at the festivals," he says. "Last year at Cannes was a very good festival for us. We always look for that gem under the rock, and occasionally we find one."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111801844...oryid=4003&cs=1

:tnx: Sarrie5

3. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

all photos from TapouTPunkASS
    http://twitter.com/TapouTPunkASS
    http://twitpic.com/photos/TapouTPunkASS

CITAZIONE
    poster posted on November 14, 2009
    http://twitpic.com/pirrd

CITAZIONE
    On Warrior set! Scene with Nick Nolte!
    http://twitpic.com/72myx

CITAZIONE
    Celebratin my B-dy in the Burg with the Warrior crew and my Girl
    http://twitpic.com/63k45

jen è a sinistra, nella prima fila

4. MissisMad77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Evvaiiiii era ora finalmente! :tnx: Vitto!

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

EHHHH!!! finalmente! grazie Vitto!

WOW Jennifer con la camicia di flanella a quadri! LOL! sempre stupenda! *__*

6. -ELY-
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yeeeeeah!!!

thanx!!!

7. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

thanks

8. ~joey
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bella! Thanks! *_*

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Edgerton talks Warrior and The Thing

by Clint Morris (Thursday, June 3rd, 2010 at 4:44 am )

Joel Edgerton, out pimping "Animal Kingdom" down under, spoke to The Herald Sun's Hit magazine today about the film, as well as two upcoming efforts, "The Thing" (or whatever the heck they call it - "The Thing before The Thing", maybe?) and "Warrior".

The Aussie actor remains tight-lipped about his role in the highly-anticipated (well, at least in this household) prequel to "The Thing" (which he's currently filming in that frosty ball-bluer of locations, Canada), only telling The Herald-Sun that "I play a helicopter pilot". That, we of course, knew. Thanks for nothing, mate.

The flick, directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr., and co-starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead ("Scott Pilgrim vs. The World"), Eric Christian Olsen ("Fired Up!"), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ('Mr Eko' from TVs "Lost") and Ulrich Thomsen ("The International"), is set before the events of the John Carpenter-directed Kurt Russell-starring original.

Thankfully, 'Edgo' (his new nickname - started just now by me) is a little more giving when it comes to deets on Lionsgate's "Warrior".

The film, a drama set in the world of MMA, stars Edgerton and future "Mad Max : Fury Road" star Tom Hardy (who Edgerton confirms, in the interview, is playing Mad Max - something that's never been confirmed) as brothers .

"It's me and Mad Max fighting each other in a cage", Edgerton laughs. "He's a fucking time bomb. He's one of these actors whose emotions are just so evident right under the surface of the skin".

In writer/director Gavin O'Connor's film, Hardy plays the youngest son of an alcoholic former boxer (Nick Nolte) who returns home, where he's trained by his father for competition in a mixed martial arts tournament -- a path that puts the fighter on a collision corner with his older brother (Edgerton).

The cast also includes Jennifer Morrison (TVs "House"), Kevin Dunn ("Transformers"), Bryan Callen ("Scary Movie 4"), Frank Grillo ("Edge of Darkness") and Noah Emmerich ("Frequency").

And before I log off, must I remind you Aussies to get out and see Edgerton's newie "Animal Kingdom" this weekend? It's bloody marvelous!

Offering not only new hope to smart and savvy filmmakers who've gotten to know the words "insufficient funds" quite well since leaving film school, but a sign that the best of what Australia has to offer in terms of film and TV might still be coming, the excellently-performed superbly-written thriller is a refreshingly encouraging yarn, a species of which many thought to be extinct. And If most of our local industry's films (like those ridiculous quirky comedies we've become known for) are toothless tigers left best behind a wire fence, than journalist cum filmmaker David Michod's beastly thriller is a sharp, menacing, unforgettable cougar - offering much bite.

Look, it'd be easy to write ''Animal Kingdom'' off as merely ''Underbelly The movie'', but while thematically and geographically (the first season of the hit TV series was, like ''Animal Kingdom'', set in crime-infused Melbourne) they may feed from the same troth, both are of a different breed. ''Underbelly'', I guess you'd say, is much flashier than ''Animal Kingdom'' - sort of a Tony Scott-esque take on Victorian crime. ''Animal Kingdom'', on the other hand, is a film which doesn't so much care for using a wide colour palette, nor fast and nippy editing, as it does of making sure it's performances, story, and pacing shine the brightest above all else. But also Underbelly, and a lot of other Australian gangster features, are interested in telling as many people's stories as it can - and as quickly as it can. Michod's script fixes on the members of the one family - a small family - and is intent on giving us as much insight into them in possibly, without diverting its attention to a side-character or characters. "Animal Kingdom" is - despite, ironically, its much, much shorter duration - a much more encompassing and engrossing experience than ''Underbelly''.

http://www.moviehole.net/201025064-edgerto...r-and-the-thing

10. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

On twitter I found two nice girls that took part in the shooting of the movie, this is what they told me about:

CITAZIONE
    I wish I had gotten pictures, but we were not allowed to bring them into the set. Actually, the scene we filmed was one fight scene and I don't remember Jennifer filming that day. We were only needed for that certain scene. It was a great experience though!
    http://twitter.com/kacie_087

CITAZIONE
    Sorry! But I cannot release any info about the movie at all. Pics/Vids were not allowed on set at all. I can say though, that EVERYONE is going to love the movie. It was awesome to be a part of it & everyone was great at their roles.
    http://twitter.com/KAILAKILLAMARIE

very kind

11. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    6/22/2010
    Tom Hardy Confirms Plot Twist Existence In Christopher Nolan's 'Inception'?

“All I can tell you: it's an epic high-octane espionage thriller with a twist," British actor Tom Hardy tells Vanity Fair of "Inception," possibly confirming rumors of a third act twist that's sure to be in the vein of director Christopher Nolan's work in "Following," "Memento" and "The Prestige."

And people thought Nolan was being overly generous with all metaphysicial-heist plot details? Of course the guy has something else up his sleeve. “He was very cloak-and-dagger about the whole thing. A lot of us were in the dark, even on set. People didn't even know what was going on day to day. But Chris knew exactly what was going on.”

Hardy will soon head down under to begin filming on George Miller's Mad Max film which he has "dropped 28 pounds and I've got another 10 to go." Another Hardy starrer in "Warrior" meanwhile has just been pushed back for a 2011 release date — the cage-fighting family drama also stars Nick Nolte, Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Morrison.

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/06/to...-existence.html

altra fonte:

CITAZIONE
    Movie Title - Dist. - New Date - Old Date
    Warrior - Lionsgate - 2011 - 9/17/10
    http://boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm

me lo sentivo... la promozione sarebbe già dovuta far capolino da un po'...

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

viene segnalato pure su IMBD -_-

CITAZIONE
    New Restless, Warrior, Priest, Strong Dates
    21 June 2010 8:13 AM, PDT | Dark Horizons | See recent Dark Horizons news »

Two major features saw some significant delays this weekend, while two more have announced premiere dates.

The first is Gus Van Sant's dark coming-of-age drama "Restless" starring Mia Wasikowska. The project has announced a January 28th 2011 release.

Next up, Screen Gems has set a December 22nd release this year for Shana Feste's music-themed "Country Strong" starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, Garrett Hedlund. Funnily enough, Hedlund also stars in "Tron Legacy" which opens the week before (December 17th).

Meanwhile Lionsgate has delayed the Tom Hardy-led boxing drama "Warrior" from September 17th 2010 to an undisclosed 2011 release date.

Finally, the Paul Bettany-led vampire hunting drama "Priest" has been pushed back yet again. Originally scheduled for this Summer and then pushed back to the Fall and then next March, the film is now slated for a May 13th 2011 release. »

- Garth Franklin
    www.darkhorizons.com/news/17542

www.imdb.com/title/tt1291584/news

Edited by mvitto - 22/6/2010, 19:08

13. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

visto!

l'unica cosa positiva che mi pare di capire leggendo è che Tom Hardy apparirà a breve in un filmone con Leonardo DiCaprio (Inception) e speriamo che ciò spinga Warrior dopo :mucca:

Edited by mvitto - 22/6/2010, 19:08

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

why???? :cry:

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (aurore @ 22/6/2010, 19:07)
    why???? :cry:

I don't know ... marketing? :unsure:

294 replies since 22/3/2009, 11:45   18588 views