We met Jennifer (photos & stories)

« Older   Newer »

1. sab_the_cat
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Aleki77 @ 13/2/2010, 10:13)
    http://twitter.com/sab_the_cat/status/9046057319

CITAZIONE
    sab_the_cat - Nevermind the tired freakshow on the right.. that's Cameron right there omfg! (Jennifer Morrison)

Ok so Aleki77 directed me to this forum asking me if I wanted to share something more about my Jen encounter, so here I am. I'm Sabine and I'm from the Italian part of Switzerland.
    I came home from NYC 4 days ago - I went there on holiday for one week - and I had a blast! I went to see the very first preview of The Miracle Worker and it blew me away already... wish I could see it further down in time to see if it can get even better, but in fact I should be glad I could watch it at all! As a matter of fact, I had just finished planning my trip when the news broke that Jennifer Morrison was leaving House MD and would join the cast of that play, so I was truly hoping I could catch it while I was there. I had a huge stroke of luck when they eventually announced the dates... starting 12th of Feb, it barely fit into my week there, which was ending on the 15th, but luckily it did, so I could watch either that or the one on the 13th at the very last...! Needless to say I booked my ticket (at half price to boot) right away!

Truth be told, I'm not as huge a fan as you all are here on this forum, though I did choose to see The Miracle Worker first and foremost because of Jen, being one of the familiar and fresh faces on my TV right now thanks to House MD. As an added value I was also familiar with Abigail Breslin's Little Miss Sunshine and Alison Pill's work in Milk, so it could only be a win-win situation.

Anyway, the play opens right there with Jen and Matthew's [Modine] characters, and I just couldn't take my eyes off her! You see, there's a difference when you see people on TV vs. for real: she looks perfect on TV - well, she's even beyond perfection in real life! I was lucky to be in a super nice seat in 2nd row too, so very very close to the stage.
    The play was really good, very powerful (so powerful, in fact, that in one of the first scenes with Abigail, Jen's dress had a minor dysfunction as two buttons came undone), and by the end of it you were left wanting for more! Jen was good and believable as the mother of Helen Keller, balancing well the genuine wish to do the best for her kid with the frailty of her character as she was facing the fact her kid was more and more bonding to the teacher than herself; Abigail was also very good in that, but - forgive me for this - the best of the bunch was definitely Alison Pill... she put so much soul into her character, and definitely had some very intense and touching scenes, especially with Abigail! Still, a very good performance by them all, and I was glad to see Jen do so well too!

During intermission I asked one of the theatre workers if and where the actors would come out after the play, and I was told they'd come out in the main hall where the box office is. So after I recovered from the powerful ending of the play I waited around for a while. Matthew Modine came out first - almost in stealth mode - and so I started snatching autographs... second was Abigail, who had a long line of youngsters waiting for her. I got her autograph too, but didn't really want to be a creep by asking for a picture... maybe in a few years, lol. Then Jen came out too and soon a small group of people stood around her, waiting for autographs. I moved in that direction and waited my turn. I overheard a few girls saying something nice to her about the House thing (sad that Cameron was leaving and all) but most just asked for an autograph or a picture. When it was my turn she was very sweet, lovely, and, up close, prettier than ever! She asked me whether she had to sign in a specific place (I had used my Moleskine instead of the programme, there were already two autographs on the right page, and none on the left), so I told her she could sign anywhere, and could even use up the full left page if she wanted to - she laughed at that and then signed on the empty page :D I also told her she had been great in the play, but avoided mentioning any House related stuff, then I asked for a picture. The funny thing is I had my good camera with me (DSLR) but since it's so huge and in-your-face I didn't really want to pull it out, hence why I had the picture taken with my camera phone (sigh :(). After that I said thanks, bye and moved to the side to let others have their time with her, too. I still lingered around there for a while, though, catching the last glimpses of her as I started realising and coming to terms with the whole thing.

So that's pretty much it! When I was there I wasn't too much star-struck (though I couldn't come up with anything smart to say other than congratulating her for the performance), but it definitely left a mark afterwards, when it was over.
    Since I couldn't get hold of Alison Pill then (I think she left while I was with Jen) I came back the next day to see if I could get her autograph as well. I did, and while there I saw Jen again, although I didn't go up to her this time. She was busy signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans, still very lovely and all smiles for everyone. Really friendly and nice indeed!

For those interested here are the autographs from (part of) the cast, Jennifer's included (bottom left)!

Thanks for reading!

Tradurrò in italiano domani... non ci crederete ma ci ho messo più di un'ora a scrivere tutto questo... ora è tardi e purtroppo non sono più nel fuso orario di New York :(
    A presto!

103 replies since 5/6/2009, 11:02   10001 views