2010 - The 9th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball - 05/06

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

EXCLUSIVE HHQs

these pics are dedicated to Briteen

CITAZIONE
    Rebecca Gayheart-Dane, Amaury Nolasco, Jennifer Morrison and Eric Dane attend the 9th Annual Butterfly Ball on June 5, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.

image image image image image image

credits: Aleki77

2. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

wow che HQs!!! grandissima

3. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 7/6/2010, 13:26)
    EXCLUSIVE HHQs

these pics are dedicated to Briteen

SO thank you so much!

I used to ask Shonda Rhimes to hire Jennifer Morrison after she was written out of House. At least Shonda knows how to write for women. And then McSteamy could have fallen in love with Cameron. Sigh! One can dream.

I still love Grey's, with Grey's you always know what you're watching for, unlike that other show that pretends to be a medical show but in the end it's a bad soap opera, if you know what I mean.

Jen looks extremely gorgeous in those happy smiles pictures :heart:

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

yes, I understand what you mean! with my bad English is very difficult to explain... but I'm trying: the GA writers have never claimed: this tvshow is purely a procedural medicine, but from the first moment they said that their focus are on the stories between the people, which is the opposite that Shore said about House.
    With Grey's you know what you go to see, with House, you see the opposite of what their had promised.

5. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 7/6/2010, 14:38)
    yes, I understand what you mean! with my bad English is very difficult to explain... but I'm trying: the GA writers have never claimed: this tvshow is purely a procedural medicine, but from the first moment they said that their focus are on the stories between the people, which is the opposite that Shore said about House.
    With Grey's you know what you go to see, with House, you see the opposite of what their had promised.

Exactly! that's what I meant. You explained it perfectly. And this is so true: "this tvshow is purely a procedural medicine, but from the first moment they said that their focus are on the stories between the people, which is the opposite that Shore said about House." I have several interviews with Shore stored on my HD to prove it.

6. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

I love GA in S1, enjoyed it in S2 and stopped later because they focused on love-relationships too much and I really appreciated the friendships in S1, but I'm pleased to read only about happy fans about creator choices and developments during several seasons.
    GA has not put great expectations so it can reach the success more easily. The creative team is more honest than House MD one.

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

I love me too season 1 and 2 of GA but I hated season 3 & the first part of season 4 ... now I watch the episode on Sky sometimes, but I don't recording them ... but I think that GA is funny, and the viewer can find what he wants.
    I love McDreamy and McSteamy :heart:

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

More Exclusive HHQs

CITAZIONE
    Amaury Nolasco & Jennifer Morrison attend the 9th Annual Butterfly Ball on June 5, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.

image image image image

credits: Aleki77

9. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

super-thanks!

10. psy2222
        +1   -1

User deleted

Event Name Correction suggestion for some of your post.. (CITAZIONE)

It's "Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball" NOT "Annual Butterfly Ball"

The Butterfly Ball is a GAY Event that she did not attend !! :-)

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Wait, *what* did Seth MacFarlane say at the Chrysalis Butterfly Ball?

Chrysalis, a group that assists homeless people and others, honored three Hollywood players at its ninth annual Butterfly Ball on Saturday: "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy, producer Brett Ratner and "Family Guy" chief Seth MacFarlane.

Sounds perfectly lovely, yes -- until you remember the MacFarlane wild card. After thanking the homeless for, well, being homeless, and thus giving cause to the evening, he waxed on what they're missing:

"Most ... will never know what it's like to win an award, ride in a limo or adopt a trendy black baby," MacFarlane said.

Hey, at least he's staying consistent with his non-PC brand.

Celeb supporters of the charity -- which helps struggling individuals through job opportunities and other support -- gathered for the ball at a private home in Brentwood, where Grey Goose's cocktail hour was followed by dinner and the awards presentation.

"Glee" cast members Matthew Morrison, Mark Salling and Amber Riley turned up to serenade Murphy, the two boys belting Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" before Riley stole the show with Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful."

Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart circulated, as did "Twilight" gal ...

... Ashley Greene. Sophia Bush and her man Austin Nichols, clad in John Varvatos, chatted up Jennifer Morrison and other TV babes including AnnaLynne McCord and Jessica Stroup.

Eva Mendes killed in a Grecian column dress, while bad boy Balthazar Getty wore sunglasses and smoked with a male pal.

Also at the ball: Mila Kunis in RM by Roland Mouret, Christina Ricci and Ben Stiller.

Take a tour through many more soirees courtesy of our Division of Fabulous Parties. Toast us on Facebook and Twitter too!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/201...reene.html#more

12. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

I asked a guest of the evening, http://twitter.com/adecas, to share something with us:

CITAZIONE
    @MVitto only that she looked beautiful!!
    about 13 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to MVitto
    http://twitter.com/adecas/status/15650176983

13. alessandra a
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bellissima.

14. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Stars Speak Out: Hollywood Forgets That Americans Need Charitable Support
    By Hollie McKay

Published June 08, 2010
    FOXNews.com

Rebecca Gayheart and Eva Mendes at the 6th Annual Butterfly Ball in Los Angeles on June 5, 2010. (Anna Weber/WireImage)

Whether it be donating millions to relief funds for natural disasters like Haiti’s earthquake, adopting children from destitute countries, or becoming ambassadors for a multitude of global organizations, Hollywood power players can be generous when it comes to helping overseas nations in desperate need.

However, there are some celebrities who say that while charitable giving overseas is important, the entertainment industry has a propensity to overlook the fact that many Americans need charitable support, too.

“We forget we have our own impoverished kids that need adopting, we have our own really needy community,” Christina Ricci told Pop Tarts at the 6th Annual Butterfly Ball in Los Angeles over the weekend. “I absolutely feel that we do tend to forget about America.”

The Butterfly Ball was conceived by actress Rebecca Gayheart, and raises funds for the Chrysalis Organization, which is dedicated to helping economically disadvantaged and homeless individuals in the Los Angeles area transition from poverty, regain their dignity, and improve their lives through employment.

And being able to assist those close to home was the reason Gayheart chose to devote her time and effort to this particular organization.

“I think that [American-based charities are neglected in Hollywood] a lot, and that’s part of what drew me to Chrysalis. I really love that it’s here where I live. I sleep better at night knowing that I’m doing something very small to help the homeless in Los Angeles,” she said, as husband Eric Dane nodded in agreement. “We have the largest homeless problem in the nation. There’s 50,000 men, women, and children sleeping on the streets every night here.”

Meanwhile, bigwig producer/director Brett Ratner was honored at the prestigious benefit for his long-time commitment to Chrysalis, and agreed that local concerns can often be left off Hollywood’s help list.

“When there’s a disaster, the world has to collectively help countries that are suffering, like Haiti, but there’s also pain and suffering in our own backyard,” Ratner said.

On that note, last week Pop Tarts asked why, unlike other global disasters, very few power players in show business were taking action to combat the devastating oil spill that continues to pollute the Gulf of Mexico.

“Hollywood stars have a romance with saving foreign countries, they see America as this rich and powerful country that should fix problems on its own,” media expert Michael Levine explained.

Eva Mendes disagrees.

“I sometimes hear people say that [America is forgotten in Hollywood], but I’m not from that school of thought,” Mendes told Pop Tarts. “Wherever we can save and wherever we can help, that’s where we go – whether it’s in our own backyard or globally. It doesn’t matter to me as long as we’re doing something to help.”

“Everyone needs help which is what it really comes down to,” former “House” star Jennifer Morrison added. “There are a lot of things in America, especially with the economy the way it is, that need our attention. But there’s also third-world countries where people don’t even have running water, so it’s a Catch 22.”

Source

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

more MQs

image image image

credits Aleki77

58 replies since 6/6/2010, 11:56   5646 views