HIMYM - News, spoilers, general discussion

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Will It Be Two Years Before We Learn 'How I Met Your Mother'?
    By Kim Daugherty

Millions of fans tune in to watch "How I Met Your Mother" each week not just for some of the best prime time comedy on TV today but also to truly learn just how Ted (Josh Radnor) met his children's mother and also who their mysterious mother is. Every few episodes, the narrator (Bob Saget) chimes in to tell us that the last few hints have just been fun stories that did nothing more than taunt us with the possibility that the woman Ted was interested in at the time was actually their mother. In actuality, though, that woman was not their mother after all.

Now, currently Ted is dating the beautiful Zoey (Jennifer Morrison), and there was some hope that Zoey would turn out to be Ted's future wife and the mother of his kids. However, even this hope was squashed in a recent episode where the narrator stated that he and Zoey did break up and their relationship did not end well at all.

So now that it has been revealed that Zoey is not the mother of Ted's future children, fans are now still scouring scene after scene in search of clues that will tell us just who this mysterious future love of Ted's life is. This unique twist to the show's format certainly adds a unique flair to the show that other prime time comedies just don't have, and this may be one of the reasons why the show is so immensely popular.

"How I Met Your Mother" has, in fact, been nominated for numerous People's Choice, Teen Choice, Emmy, and Golden Globe Awards since its first season, and this includes a most recent win in the People's Choice Awards (Neil Patrick Harris for the 2010 Favorite TV Comedy Actor). The show's popularity with the fans along with its numerous nominations and wins in various award shows over the years made it obvious that the show would be renewed for a seventh season. However, CBS went one step further and renewed the show not just for a seventh season but also for an eighth season, too!

So while fans have much to be happy about, this does likely mean that it will be two seasons before we learn the identity of Ted's future wife and the mother of his children. Some of the show's writers and producers have hinted that the future mom may eventually be introduced as a recurring character, but with two full seasons (at least) still in the works for this show, these comments by the writers and producers may have just been hooks to keep us on the line.

Tune in to "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS on Mondays at 8pm ET.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/ustv.asso...met-your-mother

485 replies since 10/9/2010, 01:46   22274 views