Ratings USA TV SHOW

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV ratings: ABC dances to another Monday win

October 26, 2010 11:56 AM ET
    Fast National ratings for Monday, Oct. 25, 2010

An A-list "Monday Night Football" matchup appears to have stolen viewers from some of Monday's scripted shows, but "Dancing With the Stars" actually improved on last week's performance to lead ABC to the top of the ratings pile.

For the night, ABC averaged 17.35 million viewers and an 11.1 rating/17 share in households, beating CBS (10.2 million, 6.3/10) by a wide margin. NBC finished a distant third with just 5.4 million viewers and a 3.4/5, while FOX (4.1 million, 2.6/4) dropped to fourth thanks mostly to the fact that it aired a repeat of "House" at 8 p.m. The CW (2 million, 1.3/2) was also up a little compared to its last non-rerun Monday two weeks ago.

The adults 18-49 race was closer, but ABC still came out on top with a 3.8 rating. CBS finished second in the demo with a 3.3, while no other network managed even a 2.0. NBC was third at 1.7, followed by FOX, 1.5, and The CW, 1.0.

Monday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (19.3 million viewers, 12.4/19 households)
    CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" (8.4 million, 5.1/8)/"Rules of Engagement" (8.3 million, 5.0/7)
    NBC: "Chuck" (5.4 million, 3.3/5)
    FOX: "House" rerun (4 million, 2.5/4)
    The CW: "90210" (2 million, 1.3/2)

18-49 leader: "Dancing With the Stars" (3.9)

9 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (21 million, 13.3/20)
    CBS: "Two and a Half Men" (13.7 million, 8.3/12)/"Mike & Molly" (10.85 million, 6.6/10)
    NBC: "The Event" (5.9 million, 3.7/5)
    FOX: "Lie to Me" (4.3 million, 2.7/4)
    The CW: "Gossip Girl" (1.9 million, 1.3/2)

18-49 leader: "Dancing With the Stars" (4.5)

10 p.m.

ABC: "Castle" (11.8 million, 7.7/13)
    CBS: "Hawaii Five-0" (10 million, 6.4/11)
    NBC: "Chase" (4.9 million, 3.1/5)

18-49 leader: "Castle" (3.0)

www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Monday: Dancing Rises; Chuck Steady; Event, Chase, Hawaii, Lie To Me & More Fall

By Bill Gorman – October 26, 2010

ABC was up on the night overall, as Dancing with the Stars gained 5% vs. last week to a 4.2 adults 18-49 rating, while Castle grew 20% to a 3.0 rating. (Note: Castle very likely to be adjusted downward in the final ratings because of a DWTS overrrun).

ABC topped the night in the advertiser important adults 18-49 ratings, and the press release friendly average viewership. Interesting to note that Univision finished third in adults 18-49, ahead of NBC’s all new line up, and Fox’s half repeat line up. Also note that the CW finished third on the night for adults 18-34.

Update: Monday Night Football had a 12.3 metered market household rating, its best of the fall. We’ll have the final numbers later this afternoon.

Although there will be lots of chatter about the big Monday Night Football game, note that ABC was up on the night, and CBS was even overall. Only NBC (and Fox with a repeat) fell vs. last week.

CBS was even overall vs. last Monday, with its shows up and down. How I Met Your Mother fell 3% to a season low 3.2 adults 18-49 rating. Rules of Engagement was steady, tieing last week’s season low 2.9 rating. Two and a Half Men fell 2% to a series low for a Fall original episode 4.3 adults 18-49 rating. Mike & Molly, the only CBS show up on the night, rose 3% to a 3.6 adults 18-49 rating. Hawaii Five-0 kept falling, down 3% to a series low 2.8 rating.

Chuck held steady at its season low (yet now frequent) 1.9 adults 18-49 rating. After a few stable weeks, The Event fell 9% to a 2.0 rating. Chase (with a full season Order!) tumbled 19% to just a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating.

Following a House repeat, Lie To Me plunged 21% vs. last week to a season low 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.

After repeats last week, CW’s line up came back strong with 90210 matching a season high 1.9 rating for the CW target women 18-34 demo. While Gossip Girl drew a 2.2 rating for women 18-34. The CW finished third on the night for women 18-34.

Late-night results are below the primetime data.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, October 25, 2010:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/26/tv-ra...more-fall/69489

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings: ABC dances all over the 2010 World Series

November 2, 2010 12:26 PM ET

The 2010 World Series took a small chunk out of "Dancing With the Stars" audience -- but not enough to keep it from easily winning the night for ABC.

"DWTS" 200th episode special helped ABC average 17 million viewers throughout the evening, with a 10.8 rating/17 share in households. FOX bested last week's numbers with 11.4 million and a 6.8/10, edging out third place CBS (10.6 million, 6.5/10). NBC placed fourth (5.4 million, 3.4/5), ahead of the CW (2 million, 1.4/2).

CBS's comedy block helped to tie ABC in adults 18-49, with both networks scoring a 3.6 rating, followed by FOX (3.3), NBC (2.0) and the CW (1.0).

Monday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (18.9 million viewers, 11.9/19 households)
    FOX: "2010 World Series" rerun (11.3 million, 6.7/10)
    CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" (9.0 million, 5.5/8)/"Rules of Engagement" (8.8 million, 5.3/8)
    NBC: "Chuck" (5.5 million, 3.2/5)
    The CW: "90210" (2 million, 1.3/2)

18-49 leader: "Dancing With the Stars" (3.8)

9 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (20.4 million, 12.8/19)
    CBS: "Two and a Half Men" (13.6 million, 8.2/12)/"Mike & Molly" (10.9million, 6.8/10)
    FOX: "2010 World Series" (12.3 million, 7.5/11)
    NBC: "The Women of SNL" (5.2 million, 3.2/5)
    The CW: "Gossip Girl" (1.97 million, 1.4/2)

18-49 leader: "Dancing With the Stars" and "Two and a Half Men"/"Mike & Molly" (4.1) (tie)

10 p.m.

ABC: "Castle" (11.8 million, 7.6/12)
    CBS: "Hawaii Five-0" (10.6 million, 6.7/11)
    NBC: "The Women of SNL" (5.6 million, 3.7/6)

18-49 leader: "Hawaii Five-0" (3.0)

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Monday: CBS Rises; Chuck Up; Hawaii Five-0 Up, Beats Castle With Adults 18-49

By Robert Seidman – November 2, 2010

Update: Time zone adjusted numbers for the World Series are in and will place Fox on top with adults 18-49 for the night:

CITAZIONE
    Monday’s MLB World Series GAME 5 (SF GIANTS at TEXAS RANGERS) aired from 7:53p-10:41p and drew a 4.2 among Adults 18-49 and 14.9 Total Viewers. Last night’s game was up +5% in the demo and up +13% in Total Viewers from the non-Yankees World Series Game 5 two years ago (4.0 with 13.2 million total viewers on 10/27/08.

Because the game did not air exclusively in prime time (started 7 minutes early and ended 19 minutes before 11pm), it will be a bit lower than a 4.2, but probably at least a 3.9 for the night with adults 18-49. The last “Non Yankees” World Series game was 2008, and that series was the lowest-rated ever.

Chuck was up 0.1 with adults 18-49 last night to a 2.0 rating. The Women of SNL special was on par with last week’s ratings for The Event at 9pm and well above Chase’s ratings at 10pm (2.1 adults 18-49 rating vs. a 1.3).

Hawaii Five-0 was up 0.2 with adults 18-49 from last week to a 3.0 rating, bettering Castle’s 2.8 rating with adults 18-49, though Castle was ahead in total viewers. Dancing with the Stars dropped 0.3 from last week with adults 18-49 to a 4.0 rating between 8p-10p.

Other than Mike & Molly which was down 0.1 from last week, CBS’s entire lineup saw week to week gains with How I Met Your Mother up 0.5 to a 3.7 adults 18-49 rating, Rules of Engagement up 0.4 to a 3.4 adults 18-49 rating and Two and a Half Men up 0.3 to a 4.7 rating with adults 18-49.

The CW had its most watched Monday night of the season averaging 2.02 million viewers from 8-10 pm, with season highs in viewers for 90210 of the season (2.05 million) and the second most watched Gossip Girl (1.98 million). Gossip Girl was steady week to week with women 18-34 (2.2 rating) and 90210 scored a 1.8 rating in that demographic.

I’ve heard from a few people about local preemptions due to local election coverage, not sure how much, if any, impact that will have on the final numbers.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, November 1, 2010:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/02/tv-ra...lts-18-49/70429

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Monday: The Event, Chase Keep Falling; House, Lie To Me Rise; George W. Bush Can’t Beat Chuck
    BY BILL GORMAN – NOVEMBER 9, 2010

NBC’s Monday woes continue to grow as the Matt Lauer interview of George W. Bush scored just a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating, and its later shows tumbled. The special Matt Lauer Reports finished with lower adults 18-49 ratings than all episodes of Chuck this season. The Event fell 15% (vs. 10/25) to a series low 1.7 adults 18-49 rating, and Chase was down 6% (vs. 10/25) to just a 1.2 rating, which was also a series low.

With their baseball layoffs over, Fox shows were up on Monday night. House rose 3% (vs. 10/18) to a 3.7 adults 18-49 rating. Lie To Me was up 13% to a 1.8 rating.

Note: The Pittsburgh ABC affiliate and the CBS Cincinnati affiliate carried the Monday Night Football game which means that those networks’ fast affiliate ratings are more likely than usual to be adjusted downwards.

On ABC, Dancing with the Stars rose 5% vs. last week to a 4.2 rating, and Castle was up 4% to a 2.8 rating, but wait for the final ratings before celebrating.

At CBS, How I Met Your Mother fell 5% to a 3.5 adults 18-49 rating and Rules of Engagement slipped 9% to a 3.1 rating. Two and a Half Men’s 4.4 rating was down 6% from last week. Only Mike & Molly bucked the CBS trend, rising 3% to a 3.7 rating. Hawaii Five-0 fell 3% to a 2.9 rating.

The CW’s 90210 scored a 1.6 rating in the CW target women 18-34 ratings, down 16% from last week. Gossip Girl’s 2.3 women 18-34 rating was up 5% from last week.

Because of the MNF local affiliate situation I hesitate to make much of ABC or CBS ratings yet, but note that Univision topped NBC in adults 18-49 on the night.

Late night ratings below the primetime table.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, November 8, 2010:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/09/tv-ra...eat-chuck/71293

6. Bru_na
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sorry guys but I can hide my happines by the House falling. They chose. Since the last season, numbers fall 9 million. They lied to Jen and to us.

I am worry about Chase. I like, especially Jen guest star.

And I am happy by the HIMYM numbers. I hope it can high more and more.

7. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

ahahahah to House MD and to the producers :haha:

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV ratings: 'Dancing,' 'House,' 'Men' all rise Monday

November 16, 2010 11:43 AM ET

ABC kept its hold on the total-viewer lead Monday but lost the adults 18-49 race due in part to improved numbers for "House" on FOX and "Two and a Half Men" on CBS.

"Dancing With the Stars" was steady in the demo and actually rose a little in viewers Monday, but ABC fell a bit because the show was only 90 minutes long this week. The network still led the night by a good margin, though, averaging 15.3 million viewers and a 9.7 rating/15 share in households. CBS (10.6 million, 6.5/10) came in second, followed by FOX (8.4 million, 4.9/7). NBC finished fourth with 5.3 million viewers and a 3.3/5. The CW (1.7 million, 1.2/2) was at the back of the pack.

In the adults 18-49 demographic, CBS matched its 3.4 rating from last Monday but ended up in first because ABC dipped to a 3.2. FOX took third with a 3.0. Neither NBC (1.6) nor The CW (0.9) was really competitive.

Monday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (19.8 million viewers, 12.6/19 households)
    FOX: "House" (10.8 million, 6.3/9)
    CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" (8.9 million, 5.4/8)/"Rules of Engagement" (8 million, 4.9/7)
    NBC: "Chuck" (5.55 million, 3.4/5)
    The CW: "90210" (1.75 million, 1.2/2)

18-49 leader: "House" (4.0)

9 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (22 million, 13.9/20)/"The Middle" rerun (10.05 million, 6.4/10)
    CBS: "Two and a Half Men" (14.15 million, 8.5/13)/"Mike & Molly" (12.3 million, 8.0/12)
    FOX: "Lie to Me" (6 million, 3.6/5)
    NBC: "The Event" (5.7 million, 3.6/5)
    The CW: "Gossip Girl" (1.7 million, 1.2/2)

18-49 leader: "Two and a Half Men" (4.5)

10 p.m.

CBS: "Hawaii Five-0" (10.2 million, 6.4/11)
    ABC: "Castle" (10 million, 6.4/11)
    NBC: "Chase" (4.6 million, 3.0/5)

18-49 leader: "Hawaii Five-0" (2.8)

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bubble Watch 2011-12: Fringe: Does Move to Friday Night Spell Doom?
    By Robert Seidman – November 21, 2010

:ph34r: :alienff:

When it comes to bubble status, like the Renew/Cancel Index we’re focusing on the likelihood that a show will be renewed for next season. Certain shows are toss-ups where based on the ratings, the renewal decisions could go either way and not be surprising.

Did the past week shed any light on which shows would be renewed for next season? Perhaps, particularly if you’re into reading tea leaves. Fox dropped a bombshell late Friday announcing it’s mid-season schedule. The big story was American Idol was moving to Wednesdays and Thursdays, but the bigger story in terms of Bubble Watch was Fringe moving to Fridays.

I did strongly consider removing Fringe from the Bubble contenders and changing its designation to “likely to be canceled” because that really does seem the most likely outcome to me at this point. But I’ll wait for at least one Friday ratings data point.

First a recap of shows already canceled, certain to be canceled or likely to be canceled, and then much more discussion about Fringe as well as a little discussion of Lie To Me and Human Target:

With only one airing, Human Target debuted on the bubble show contenders list. While like Fringe, I really think that “likely to be canceled” is Human Target’s appropriate designation, no harm waiting for another data point.

I was surprised after Fox’s announcement on Friday night by the number of comments and e-mail assuming based on Fox’s mid-season schedule that Human Target and Lie To Me were in much better shape than Fringe. While I think Lie To Me’s prospects are a little bit better than Fringe, we’re talking a little bit.

The real “advantage” Lie To Me and Human Target had from a scheduling perspective is that they had fewer episodes left than Fringe. Lie To Me will be off the schedule after January, and Human Target goes away after The Middle of February.

Though I was not exactly pummeled with e-mail, I’ve probably never received more e-mail about an executive quote than I got resulting from Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly’s comment about Fringe in a story on Deadline Hollywood:
    CITAZIONE
    “Fringe has a very particular, loyal audience,” Reilly said. With the show picking up almost half of its viewership via DVR, he doesn’t expect the sci-fi series to take a big ratings hit in moving to Fridays where it will be paired with solid reality performer Kitchen Nightmares. “If (Fringe) could stay near the current levels, we’ll get a big trade-up on Friday and will solve our problem there.”

Network chief’s are masters of PR. A very particular audience indeed. Those keeping score at home can translate “particular” to their particular synonym of choice for small. Realistically you can’t have expected Reilly to say, “We had three mediocre performers we planned to air all the episodes of, and Fringe had more episodes than the other two so we stuck it on Friday.”

There’s been a lot of discussion about “If (Fringe) could stay near the current levels” once it moves to Fridays. Perhaps in Fringe’s “over there” universe that will happen, but in this universe it doesn’t seem likely. Indeed, if Fringe can consistently pull a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49 (or even a 1.8, or a 1.7) it will have outperformed every other show Fox has banished to Fridays by a wide margin, and I think it would definitely get strong consideration for renewal. But I’d expect it to be in the 1.3 range after a few Friday episodes and heading downward.

Fox won’t keep Fringe around with a 1.2 rating, even on Fridays and though there was a lot of talk it would’ve have kept Dollhouse had Dollhouse been able to achieve those kind of numbers, Dollhouse was reportedly produced at near cable budgets, plus the Fox mothership benefited from any DVD or licensing revenues. That’s not the case with Fringe.

I’m a fan of the show, but I’m not expecting good things on Friday. If I’m wrong, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. I don’t see the Friday move as pure “doom,” as the writing was on the wall with a 1.9 rating on Thursday. If it can maintain that level on Friday, it has a much better chance for survival. But in any universe, that’s a gigantic “if.”

Bubble Show Contenders:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/2...pell-doom/72939

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Monday: Skating with the Stars Falls Down; Chuck Drops to Low; CBS Wins Night

BY ROBERT SEIDMAN – NOVEMBER 23, 2010

Notes: Dancing with the Stars ran from 8p-9:13p and the premiere of Skating with the Stars ran from 9:13-11p. The Monday Night Football game was syndicated to MyNet affiliate in Denver. In San Diego, it aired on the CBS affiliate which aired the normal CBS schedule beginning at 9pm.

CBS won the night with adults 18-49 and ABC had the most total viewers. Due to the odd start times, we can’t see precise numbers for the shows, but we can see enough to know that Skating with the Stars didn’t get off to a good start, dropping to a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49 between 10p-11p and it declined in each half hour. Earlier in the night Dancing with the Stars scored a 4.7 rating with adults 18-49 from 8p-9p for its performance finale, up 18% from last week and 15% from last fall.

Chuck dropped to a season and series low 1.7 with adults 18-49. The Event was flat vs. last week with a 1.7, still tied for a series low. Chase was up two tenths (17%) to a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating, the highest since October 18.

How I Met Your Mother dropped 3% to a 3.5 rating and Rules of Engagement was flat, tying the season low 2.9 rating. Mike & Molly was up 8% to a season high 4.0 rating with adults 18-49. Two and a Half Men was flat versus last week with a 4.5 rating and against a weakened ABC, Hawaii Five-0 was up 14% to a 3.2 rating.

House was down 15% to a season (and perhaps, series) low 3.4 rating with adults 18-49, and Lie To Me slipped a tenth to a 1.8 rating.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, November 22, 2010:

via NBC press note:

In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday night:

In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 2.8/7; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 3.0/7; and ABC’s combo of “Nightline,” 3.2/8; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.7/5.
    In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 1.0/4; “Late Show,” 1.0/4; “Nightline,” 1.0/4; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.6/3.
    At 12:35 a.m., “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” (1.3/4 in metered-market households) trailed CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (1.4/5). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.6/4 in 18-49) topped “Late Late Show” (0.5/3).
    At 1:35 a.m., Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.8/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
    -
    NOTE: All national ratings are “live plus same day” from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.

Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2010 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/2..._source=twitter

Edited by Aleki77 - 23/11/2010, 18:26

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV ratings: 'Skating With the Stars' wipes out after big 'Dancing' Monday

November 23, 2010 11:38 AM ET

Fast National ratings for Monday, Nov. 22, 2010

ABC kept its usual spot at the most-watched network on Monday -- no thanks to the premiere of "Skating With the Stars," which dropped off precipitously after a big night for "Dancing With the Stars." CBS managed to sneak ahead of ABC and win the adults 18-49 demographic.

"Dancing" ended at the odd time of 9:13 p.m. ET, so we'll have to wait until final nationals to see just how bad the dropoff for "Skating" was. ABC ended the night with an average of 15.1 million viewers and a 9.5 rating/15 share in households, well ahead of CBS' 11.4 million viewers and 7.0/11. FOX (7.5 million, 4.5/7) came in third, while NBC (5.1 million, 3.2/5) was down slightly from last week. A night of reruns on The CW managed only 861,000 viewers and a 0.6/1.

CBS earned a 3.5 rating in the 18-49 demo, edging ABC's 3.4. FOX came in third with a 2.6, a point ahead of NBC's 1.6. The CW was way back at 0.3.

Monday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (23.3 million viewers, 14.4/22)
    FOX: "House" (9.2 million, 5.6/9)
    CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" (9 million, 5.3/8)/"Rules of Engagement" (8.1 million, 4.8/7)
    NBC: "Chuck" (4.8 million, 2.9/4)
    The CW: "90210" rerun (885,000, 0.6/1)

18-49 leader: "Dancing With the Stars" (4.7)

9 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars"/"Skating With the Stars" premiere (15.2 million, 9.5/15)
    CBS: "Two and a Half Men" (14.3 million, 8.5/13)/"Mike & Molly" (13 million, 7.9/12)
    FOX: "Lie to Me" (5.7 million, 3.5/5)
    NBC: "The Event" (5.2 million, 3.3/5)
    The CW: "Gossip Girl" rerun (837,000, 0.5/1)

18-49 leader: "Two and a Half Men" (4.5)

10 p.m.

CBS: "Hawaii Five-0" (12.1 million, 7.6/13)
    ABC: "Skating With the Stars" premiere (6.9 million, 4.7/8)
    NBC: "Chase" (5.3 million, 3.5/6)

18-49 leader: "Hawaii Five-0" (3.2)

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV Ratings Monday: 'Sing Off' Premiere Soars; 'Castle' Falls; 'Hawaii Five-0', 'Mike & Molly' Hit Series Lows

By Bill Gorman – December 7, 2010

A big start for The Sing-Off put NBC in an unusual second place on Monday night, but CBS’s all new line up won easily with adults 18-49. Univision was a surprise #3 with adults 18-49, topping Fox and ABC.

The second season debut of The Sing-Off scored a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating, up 22% vs. last season’s premiere. The certain to be cancelled Chase still slipped a tenth of a point (6%) vs. last week (when it had CBS repeat competition) to a 1.5 rating.

Since their last new episodes two weeks ago, CBS’s How I Met Your Mother rose a tenth of a point (3%) to a 3.6 adults 18-49 rating, and Rules of Engagement was up two tenths (7%) to a 3.1 rating. Two and a Half Men’s 4.1 rating slid 9% vs. two weeks ago, while Mike & Molly’s 3.4 rating was down 15% to a series low. At 10pm, Hawaii Five-0′s 2.7 rating was down 18% to a series low.

The first ever American Country Awards on Fox scored just a 1.5 adults 18-49 rating.

For the CW, 90210′s 2.0 rating for the CW target women 18-34 demo was even with last week’s season high in that demo, while Gossip Girl’s 2.4 women 18-34 rating was down a tenth.

On ABC, Skating With The Stars 1.0 adults 18-49 rating was down a tenth from last week and a series low. While in its return after two weeks off, Castle’s 2.2 rating was down 12% from its last new episode on 11/15.

Note that the MyNet affiliate in NYC, and the ABC affiliate in Boston carried the Monday Night Football game locally, so that increases the likelihood that these preliminary ratings for ABC will be adjusted lower.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, December 6, 2010:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/0...eries-low/74491

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

TV ratings: 'The Sing-Off' starts well but CBS wins Monday

December 7, 2010 11:39 AM ET

The premiere of "The Sing-Off" on NBC Monday improved significantly over its debut last year, but a full slate of original episodes on CBS scored the night's biggest audience. The inaugural American Country Awards on FOX, meanwhile, didn't do much for the network.

CBS led the broadcast networks Monday night with 10.5 million viewers and a 6.5 rating/10 share in households. (ESPN will probably claim the crown for all of TV with a highly touted "Monday Night Football" game.) "The Sing-Off" helped NBC to a better-than-usual 7.4 million viewers and 4.6/7. ABC (6.01 million, 3.9/6) and FOX (5.97 million, 3.6/5) finished in a virtual tie for third, although ABC's numbers may come down slightly as its Boston affiliate aired the "MNF" game. The CW (2.1 million, 1.4/2) had its most-watched Monday of the season.

In the adults 18-49 demographic, CBS led the way with a 3.3 rating, beating out NBC's 2.4. No other network broke the 2.0 mark; ABC and FOX tied for third at 1.5, and The CW earned a 1.0.

Monday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

CBS: "How I Met Your Mother" (9.4 million viewers, 5.7/9 households)/"Rules of Engagement" (8.8 million, 5.4/8)
    NBC: "The Sing-Off" premiere (8.8 million, 5.3/8)
    FOX: Special - American Country Awards (6.1 million, 3.6/6)
    ABC: "Skating With the Stars" (4.9 million, 3.2/5)
    The CW: "90210" (2.1 million, 1.4/2)

18-49 leader: "How I Met Your Mother" (3.6)

9 p.m.

CBS: "Two and a Half Men" (13.3 million, 8.1/12)/"Mike & Molly" (11.1 million, 6.8/10)
    NBC: "The Sing-Off" (8.3 million, 5.0/7)
    FOX: American Country Awards (5.8 million, 3.5/5)
    ABC: "Skating With the Stars" (4.5 million, 3.0/4)/"Modern Family" rerun (4.45 million, 2.8/4)
    The CW: "Gossip Girl" (2.1 million, 1.4/2)

18-49 leader: "Two and a Half Men" (4.1)

10 p.m.

CBS: "Hawaii Five-0" (10.3 million, 6.5/11)
    ABC: "Castle" (8.6 million, 5.5/9)
    NBC: "Chase" (5.1 million, 3.4/6)

18-49 leader: "Hawaii Five-0" (2.7)

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

FOX: 'Fringe' Friday Fall Fans' Fault!

By Robert Seidman – February 5, 2011

Fringe’s ratings for its first two weeks on Fridays had sort of the feel of the Kansas City Royals winning 20 games in April and then swooning by June. Last night was the first Friday where Fringe had to compete with original programming on all the other broadcast networks so the drop from a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating to a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating isn’t that surprising.

Fox broadcasting entertainment chief Kevin Reilly has been quoted saying that if Fringe kept 100% of its Thursday ratings it would be a big win for FOX. But then he was quoted using 90% and 80%. If you take Reilly at his word on the lower end, and don’t think Fringe will fall much more (the 80% level would be about a 1.5 adults 18-49 rating), then there’s no need to worry yet.

On the other hand if you’re a tea leaf reader and reading the leaves thrown down by Fox’s semi-anonymous head of scheduling in a tweet this morning, it’s not too early to worry:

CITAZIONE
    Uh Fringe-o-philes you gotta stay with the program. FOX NBC and CBS tie for the night in 18-49′s. Fringe takes a dip.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/0...ans-fault/81618

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Updated TV Ratings Friday: 'Fringe' Falls More Than Fractionally, 'Smallville,' 'Supernatural' Return Even; 'CSI:NY' Up At 10pm

By Bill Gorman – February 5, 2011

Fringe fell to a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating in its third Friday episode down 16% from its last two Fridays, and drew 4.3 million average viewers. That’s a lower rating than most of our polled readers expected. At 8pm, Kitchen Nightmares drew a 1.7 rating, even with last Friday.

After a long repeat layoff, the CW’s Smallville (2.4 million avg. viewers) and Supernatural (2.3 million avg. viewers) each scored a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating, even with their last new episodes in December.

Not surprisingly, the already dead The Defenders started on Friday with a series low 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials couldn’t match its 2.8 rating from Wednesday last season, but its 2.0 rating to lead the night was still impressive. CSI:NY’s move to 10pm drew a 1.9 rating, up 12% from its last new 9pm episode.

The premiere of NBC’s Who Do You Think You Are? rang up a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, down 18% from last season’s premiere. Following it, a two hour Dateline: NBC drew a 1.9 rating, up 12% from last Friday.

ABC’s Supernanny drew a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, up a tenth from its last new episode 2 week ago. Primetime: What Would You Do? scored a 1.3 rating, even with last Friday. The 10pm Barbara Walters Special drew just a 1.1 rating.

Fox, CBS and NBC tied in the adults 18-49 ratings on the night.

Late night ratings below primetime table.

Overnight broadcast primetime ratings for Friday, February 4, 2011:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/0...turn-even/81577

46 replies since 21/9/2010, 20:21   1257 views