HIMYM - S06e15 - Oh Honey on air 2011, Feb. 7

Discussion post mortem - recaps - reviews - clips - caps

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Katy Perry on How I Met Your Mother: Wants fans to see ‘Honey’ (Video)

Katy Perry will be on CBS Monday Night. The character on the episode tonight of How I Met Your Mother isn’t someone you might recognize past her face, but she is affectionately known as ‘Honey.’ Slightly ditzy, definitely flirty and has the affection of the primary womanizer on the show Barney, ‘Honey’ it what the cast calls her because her name seems to escape everyone.

Technically this would be considered the first major roll of the entertainer, but you won’t be able to notice this watching the 30 minute sitcom. Katy Perry looks comfortable and slips right into character leaving us wondering if there is more talent that we are going to see in the future from this star.

"I would love for anyone who is a fan of mine to watch this," says Katy Perry talking about her fan base in a behind the scenes moment during the show.

Frankly, her fans should see the episode and so should her biggest critics. It will change their minds about her talents and the idea of acting might be equal to her musical talent.

Take a minute to check out the behind the scenes glimpse of How I Met Your Mother in the video clip. Neil Patrick Harris and Katy Perry talk about their interaction during the upcoming Monday night episode. How I Met Your Mother is on CBS, check your local show times for details.

How I Met Your Mother - 'Oh Honey' Behind

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UE7-urh3Y

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-headline...o#ixzz1DRd1pjsU

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother' recap: Love and Honey

February 7, 2011

With Marshall (Jason Segel) still in Minnesota, the gang was forced to tell him about recent events over the phone. Robin (Cobie Smulders) called first – guess the writers heard my plea for more Marshall/Robin friendship scenes – and started recounting the latest development in Ted (Josh Radnor) and Zoey's (Jennifer Morrison) relationship. Zoey had offered to set Ted up with her cousin, who the gang refers to as Honey (Katy Perry) because every naïve thing that comes out of her mouth – “Long story story, I'm going to be on 'Lost'!” – makes them reply, “Oh, honey.” Ted decides not to take advantage of the girl and lets Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) do that instead. He couldn't go home with her because he's in love with Zoey, not gay, as Marshall's eavesdropping mother screams into the phone. I really enjoyed the running gag with Marshall's family eavesdropping on his calls. His brother Marcus calling Ted a wuss was perfectly in Minnesota, big brother style. A guy like Marcus, who tricks his brother with an offer of Hertz Donuts, would definitely call Ted a wuss after Ted recounted how he knew he was in love with Zoey. For me, however, it was a lovely reminder of the romantic Ted that's sometimes missing from the show. Just grazing Zoey's fingers was enough to make him drop the ketchup bottle and bring back the hopeless romantic.

Ted can't just ignore Zoey because she's friends with the group now, Robin argues, and they like her. I'm not sure I buy that Zoey is friends with everyone, even after the Thanksgiving episode. She seems more like a friend of a friend that you hang out with when you're all together. But I'll go with it. Ted tells her they can't be friends anymore because Lily (Alyson Hannigan) hates her. Lily passes the hate blame onto Robin, who tells Zoey that Marshall hates her. But then Honey spills the beans to Marshall that Zoey and the Captain are getting divorced. And Barney had told Marshall about how Zoey hugged him after she found out Ted didn't go home with Honey.

From hundreds of miles away, over the phone, Marshall plays matchmaker. While Ted is lying to Zoey that he hates her and listing all the things he hates, Marshall calls Zoey and then Ted. I loved the way this was played. We didn't hear what Marshall said. We only saw and heard Ted and Zoey's dawning, relieved reactions to what we assume was Marshall telling them the truth about their feelings for each other and the divorce. There was no big declaration or spectacle. It was refreshing. A neighbor peeked her head out and reported back to Marshall that they were kissing.

Judging from the comments left on previous recaps, Zoey has met with a lot of mixed reaction, which I certainly understand. The character and the actress haven't always felt like they naturally fit into the show. And we know Zoey's not the mother, so some may view her as yet another roadblock to getting that answer. But this episode was the most I ever liked the character and Morrison in the role. Morrison was much better suited to the emotional scenes required of her this week than some of the comedy she's had to do in previous episodes.

Not as enjoyable for me was Katy Perry as Honey. The doe eyes and little girl voice acting, if it can be called that, were too much for me. I was particularly disappointed that Barney's emotional breakdown about his father was wasted on a one-time guest star. Imagine how much more impact it would have had if Barney had opened up to Robin and shared the moment with her. After all, it was Robin who was there when he found out his uncle was really his dad. But I did like that it was Honey's comeback – “Who's your daddy?” – that got Barney to crack.

Other brief thoughts:
    – I was worried that Marshall being in Minnesota was going to make things difficult for the writers or break up the group dynamic, but the phone calls worked very well as a connector. And Segel actually had more to do separate from the gang than he sometimes does while with them.
    – Hurray for the return of the Intervention, which Ted called for himself!
    – Robin burning the food because she thought the oven was Celsius got a laugh out of me. Oh, Canada jokes.
    – Marshall explaining the Ted and Zoey situation to his mom and brother via cork board, string and stand-in cards was amusing and a nice way to cap off the eavesdropping bit.

Readers, what did you think of Ted and Zoey coming together? Did Perry impress you? Are you anxious for Marshall to get back to New York?

— Vlada Gelman (follow my TV musings on Twitter at @stayingin)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...-and-honey.html

3. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

done :)

the ep is very nice, cool, soft, delicate. I like Ted!in love, is so cute... and I like they both deny their interest to friends and to themselves :P

JMO is always great with her funny, sweet, sad expressions :please: :heart: I like the kiss, especially the first part! go Ted go!!!

I want her as The Mother damn! JMO and Josh have chemistry and they really work together on screen :woot:

my bro told that the storyline is too simple and that audience understand where the writers lead it since the first moments and that is not totally silly, yes the storyline is nice but it's very simple. you can enjoy it or not ^_^ the best part is that he doesn't ship Ted and Zoey so when they kiss he called Amaury to stop the... action! he hoped he would come out from the door of the neighbor :XD: I laughed very much at him :XD: Amaury save JMO!!! ahahahah!!!

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother – “Oh Honey”

“As per us, he bored the pants right on her.”

Unlike the numbers from a few episodes ago that slowly built to a payoff that comes from nowhere, the narrative structuring of playing phone tag allows the episode to do a lot of things, give everyone a bit of screen time, and tell the story in a compelling way. HIMYM is always at its best when it unfurls a narrative in non-linear-ish fashion, and I appreciate it when it succeeds at it (and it is a show about storytelling, after all, so it should be able to tell stories well).

As such, “Oh Honey” is the first episode since “Natural History” (that was way back in November, folks) that I really enjoyed. Even if the ending was a foregone conclusion (and it was), I still got swept up in the episode’s romantic scope and banter.

We all knew Zoey and Ted would end up together (“Mermaid Theory” confirmed this for us, as did Jennifer Morrison being a recurring guest star). So when Ted admits to being in love in with Zoey, it kind of doesn’t matter (but yay for the return of the Intervention banner!). At this point in the show’s run, we know Ted’s in love with her because he has to be (he has nothing else to do in his own narrative otherwise). So how well the episode unfurls the reveal is what matters more than the reveal itself.

To have the episode tell us this story as a phone tree is a nice variation on show’s standard structure of wooing the girl. Ted and Zoey have minimal agency in this episode, but the story, as told by the rest of the group (and Honey), allows us to see all the different paths of their journey from the outsider’s perspective. That little twist does make the other characters a little more integral to Ted’s romance, where normally they tend to be fairly segregated.

And HIMYM does excel at showing us why Ted falls for the season’s recurring guest lady. “Drumroll, Please” from season 1, featuring the one perfect evening Ted and Victoria had at the wedding of Claudia and Stuart, is a personal favorite of mine and it tells its story well, with charm and romance. “Ten Sessions” from season 3, with that glorious 2-minute date maybe doesn’t sell me on Stella (very little ever did), but it certainly sold me on the idea that Ted likes her.

This season, the show has slowly built up Zoey across episodes as opposed to making the case all at once. Kind of like with Stella, I’ve never been sold on Zoey, but this episode took the necessary steps to make me like Zoey (and, shockingly, Jennifer Morrison!), though I feel it comes a bit too late in the season for it to matter. Until this episode, I never got Zoey as a potential girlfriend (she’s not the Mother, folks, unless there’s some serious retconning coming) but while a fridge of ketchup is adorable and sweet (and it made me like Zoey), it’s too little too late for me.

The rest of the episode works, too. The Ericksens listening in on the conversation allows for funny little interjections (and keeps the thread of Marshall’s family going, though they seem to be coping well). Jason Segel continues to prove himself the MVP of the show as he’s able to have chemistry with people when they’re not even in the scene with him. I suppose Katy Perry acquitted herself well enough, though it was wise to team her with Neil Patrick Harris who, like Segel, makes everyone better.

So a strong episode from the show even if I’m not interested in the direction Ted’s romance takes.

FINAL THOUGHTS

* “I thought the oven was Celsius.”
    * Love that everyone is dressed like characters out of Clue. Nice.
    * “I’d say hump her brains, but obviously someone already has.”
    * “HE’S GAY!”
    * “Get on board or the sexting stops!”
    * “After all, he told me I was his first.”
    * “Who’s your daddy?” “I DON’T KNOW!”
    * “Good manners are what separates us from those elbows-on-the-table Wisconsiners…”
    * Is that a wishbone or a horseshoe necklace that Zoey is wearing?
    * “You sneeze with your whole body.”
    * Consider this last bullet my prerequisite complaint about how Ted has nothing to do unless he’s in a romance.

www.monstersoftelevision.com/?p=5262

Edited by Aleki77 - 10/2/2011, 00:51

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

HIMYM - S06e15 - Oh Honey

Caps HQs

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER “Oh Honey” Review

This week, I am taking over for Amie for this review of How I Met Your Mother and boy, this was quite an episode to review.

First let’s deal with the elephant in the room: Katy Perry (who btw does NOT look like an elephant at all). To be honest, I had mixed feelings with the stunt casting of Katy Perry for this episode. As much as I like her as an artist, I was concerned that her acting abilities wouldn’t be up to snuff. Well, I am glad to say that I was wrong. I think she could have been given funnier lines but all in all, she did a very decent job.

Now let’s jump into the more interesting stuff. This week, the How I Met Your Mother story revolved around Zoe and Ted finally revealing their feelings for each other. As much as Josh Radnor did his usual decent job as ‘good ol’ Ted in Love’, Jennifer Morrison really stole the scene. She was simply EXCELLENT as funny, sensitive and vulnerable Zoe. When she showed Ted that she put 100 ketchup bottles in the fridge, I immediately thought: “Ted, marry this girl…NOW”. She really brought it home.

The phone tree with Marshall and the rest of the gang was funny but was really just a build up to the final moment between Zoe and Ted and man, what a moment. This was surely one of the best HIMYM scenes of the year.

For a little while now, I felt How I Met Your Mother was getting stale but these last few episodes are proving refreshing as we are finally getting the feeling that there is a resolution in sight. Barney will surely meet his dad; Lily and Marshall will have the kids that they always wanted; Ted is going to meet the love of his life. The only unknown is Robin but I am sure that we will have a satisfying resolution there as well.

What did you think of this latest episode of How I Met Your Mother “Oh Honey”? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/02/07/how-i-...h-honey-review/

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

great review and totally true :D

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother 6.15 "Oh Honey" Review

By Lauren || Filed February 7th, 2011

Burn your dinner and stock your fridge with ketchup, there was finally a new How I Met Your Mother tonight!! And boy was it a good one!

So good in fact, I had to tear myself away from a game of Clue against myself.

First things first, YAY TED and ZOEY!!

Tonight marked the beginning of Ted and Zoey’s real relationship! With a little help from Marshall and Honey (played fabulously by Katy Perry) we learned that Zoey and the Captain are getting a divorce, leaving her available to engage in the hookup we all anticipated was coming.

Will this be the final hookup for Ted? Is she the mother?

According to what we know about the mother so far, she's not, but for what it’s worth, that doesn’t really matter to me right now. Zoey and Ted have some great chemistry together and it’s fun to watch them flirt and make eyes at each other. If she’s not the mother, oh well, at least they’ll be fun to watch!

The big reveal at the end of tonight’s episode was quite near the cutest thing I’ve ever seen and I couldn’t help but watch it a couple of times before I finally tore myself away. Kudos to Jennifer Morrison for playing the scene perfectly with her timid excitement!

Katy Perry was quite impressive in her guest-starring role as Zoey’s cousin. She played the naïve dimwitted girl well and I didn’t find myself focusing on the fact she’s a pop star during the episode (as I did with Britney Spears and Carrie Underwood in their guest appearances). I particularly loved Marshall’s “Oh Honey” while on the phone with Robin and Honey’s “Oh Honey” to Barney in the bedroom.

The corkboard gag and Marshall’s family listening in on the rotating phone calls were also rather amusing and I like that they realistically kept Marshall with his family for a while longer as they are still grieving his father.

Some additional thoughts:

* Neil Patrick Harris is pretty good at the squeaking bed noises huh?
    * "Hurts donut" hahaha. Marshall's dumb sometimes.
    * Marshall's brother Marcus' explanation of Ted and Zoey's relationship was hilarious.

Quips of the night:

* "It's not like you can screw up a hot dog." - Lily
    * "Long story short, I'm going to be on LOST." - Honey
    * "Fridge full of ketchup. How? How may I ask you?" - Zoey
    * "Good manners are what separates us from the elbows on the table Wisconsinites." - Marshall

Next week's episode is all about Valentine's Day and the day before which Barney declares is "Desperation Day" a holiday for desperate women. I'm assuming we can also expect some Ted and Zoey action with the love of the holiday in the air!!

So how do you think Katy Perry faired against previous pop stars Britney and Carrie? What are your thoughts about Ted and Zoey's relationship? Do you care that she may not be the mother? Do you think she is the mother?! Sound off in the comments below!

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cbs/how-i-met...ey-review/47153

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Scusatemi se commento l'episodio solamente ora, ma per fare le cose fatte bene e non dimenticare nulla per strada, ho dovuto prendere appunti durante la visione!

Penso che questo episodio si batta il per il podio con Natural History e con Blitzgiving.

Ci sono tantissime cose che mi hanno colpito in questo episodio, più che per la trama in sè (che era comunque avvincente anche se semplice), sono state le capacità recitative degli attori! Menzione speciale a Jason Segel e agli attori che interpretavano la famiglia di Marshall! La pronuncia di Marcus mentre esponeva la sua teoria sul fatto che Zoey è inamorata di Ted mi ha fatto cappottare dalle risate, sembrava un professore britannico che spiega la lezione!

Ma andiamo per ordine.

La gentilezza di Marshall ... OMG! chi è che risponde al telefono in quel modo? Solo i provenienti dal Minnesota probabilmente! Inizialmente pensavo che stesse manifestando una deformazione professionale (spesso e volentieri, quando rispondo al telefono di casa mi trovo a trattenermi dal rispondere: Pronto, Fibrosi cistica!) e invece aveva solamente recuperato le buone maniere che gli erano state insegnate dai suoi genitori! ahah! Trovata molto carina e simpatica.

La cena di Robin è stata disastrosa su tutta la linea ... e mi chiedo come sia stata capace di rendere anche degli hot dog cattivi ... ma Lily che "tenta" di non offendere Robin non ha prezzo! E che dire della faccetta smarrita di Zoey alla ricerca del ketchup?

Spostandoci all'incontro dei ragazzi con Hoeny, la parte migliore spetta a Barney che interpreta il lupo! Mi stavo rotolando dalle risate. Non conosco per nulla Katy Perry, ho saputo delle sua esistenza quando hanno annunciato la partecipazione allo show come guest e Mad mi ha detto per quali canzoni era famosa, tenendo presente questo, devo dire che sembra veramente una ragazza ingenua all'ennesima potenza, presumendo che non sia così nella vita personale, penso che sia stata brava, anche se il tono di voce monotono e piatto mi ha un pò stancato. Forse era voluto? bah?!

L'intervento di Ted ... per Ted è stato ... interessante se verranno esplorate le dinamiche di gruppo nel tempo, ma mancando così pochi episodi, ne dubito fortemente ed è un peccato perchè Robin sembra aver trovata un'alleata e un'amica in Zoey, tanto che chiede che sia Ted a fare il sacrificio maggiore "reprimi i tuoi sentimenti!". Le ipotesi di intervento sono veramente cool, tanto che ho l'impressione che gli autori le abbiano prese dalla vita reale di Josh Radnor (l'alito che sa sempre di caffè, i peli sulle spalle e l'orologio da donna! :haha: )

Mi sono chiesta perchè Zoey abbia voluto presentare la cugina hot a Ted ...e l'unica spiegazione logica è che cercasse di farlo diventare un tabù! Sei stato con una mia parente (diciamocelo ... con la creduloneria di Honey era scontata che ci finisse a letto!) diventi automaticamente intoccabile.

Barney che fa il rumore del cicolio del letto mi è simpatico i primi tre secondi, poi diventa volgare ... e fastidioso.

Lo sketch di Zoey che si presenta sulla porta di Ted invitandolo a offrirle una birra è decisamente simpatico e Jennifer riesce a mostrare il suo lato comico in maniera piacevole e sottile:
    Zoey "Hey! I was in the neighborhood and I thought I'd take you up on that beed you're about to offer me."
    Ted "Can I get you a beer?"
    Zoey "Oh, Ted, I'm so busy. But I guess I got time for one. Lead the way."
    Jen riesce pure a canticchiare in maniera tutt'altro che spiacevole ... e come saltella poi ... proprio come una bambina felice!

Dal trasudare felicità da tutti i pori passa alla tristezza più assoluta ... la faccetta di Zoey che dice "why??" :what: è da coccolare

L'inizio della telefonata tra Lilly e Marshall mi fa spaccare ogni volta che la sento:
    M "Hey baby."
    L"We hate Ted now. Get on board or the sexting stops."
    M "Ted's a son of a bitch!"
    Ok che c'è il ricatto, ma la fiducia di Marshall verso Lily è fantastica.

Altra cosa che non ha prezzo è l'espressione di Lily quando dice a Zoey " I... I hate you! ...Bitch." Decisamente Alyson Hannigan dimostra di essere un'attrice comica navigata. I tempi comici sono perfetti.

Lo scarica barile che parte da Ted passando per Lily, Robin per finire da Marshall è veramente simpatico. Nessuno vuole prendersi la colpa di Ted o comunque di inamicarsi Zoey.

Non avevo colto la storia vestiti del colore dei personaggi fino a quando Jen non me l'ha spiegata, devo aver giocato troppo poco a Cluedo, ma il cartellone di Marshall per spiegare le dinamiche delle relazioni è stupendo.
    "Zoey's in love with Ted and Ted doesn't know. So Ted and Zoey they're in love with each other, which would be fine if Zoey wasn't married to Colonel Mustard ... I mean, The Captain." - Mai spiegazione visiva fu più chiara di questa!

Gli occhioni pieni di lacrime di Zoey/Jen non vi fa venire voglia di andare là per abbracciarla e consolarla? (pensate a quanta fatica ho fatto a trattenermi per non alzarmi e andare a consolarla in TMW che era a solo un paio di metri da me! ... lo so! sono ripetitiva!)

Quando Ted dice a Zoey che la odia perchè non parla portoghese e lei le risponde che un poco lo parla, il mio pensiero non è potuto non andare alle nostre amiche brasiliane e chiedermi se sia stato un omaggio di Jen alle sue fan brasilane (rimase molto colpita dal numero di fans brasiliane presenti nello scrapbook), vedrò di indagare ... :yes:

Una caratteristica che mi è sempre piaciuta di Jennifer è che riesce a esprimere benissimo i sentimenti muvendo solamente un paio di muscoli del viso ... senza bisogno di parole. Abbiamo TUTTI compreso che cosa si stavano dicendo lei e Marshall al telefono ... il suo divorzio, il suo amore per Ted e l'amore di Ted per lei è chiaramente scritto sul viso della nostra Zoey, la performance di Jen è impeccabile (anche i suoi detrattori l'hanno riconosciuto)!

Il bacio è stato carino, ingenuo e timido ... per un millesimo di secondo, poi sembrano voler recuperare il tempo perduto (e noi con loro!)

La vicina che racconta a Marshall del bacio tra Ted e Zoey è la classica cigliegina sulla torta.

Complimenti ad attori e ad autori! Decisamente un bell'episodio passato a pieni voti.

Ma la collana che Zoey/Jen indossa è un ossicino di pollo? quello che si rompe in due per vedere a chi va la fortuna?

Ho come il sospetto che Barney non venga richiamato dal padre perchè ora utilizza i telefoni usa e getta e che questo sarà il tema del loro incontro futuro.

:mucca: :mucca: :mucca: :mucca: :mucca:

Forgive me if I comment the episode just now, but to do things properly and do not forget anything on the street, I had to take notes while I was watching it!

I think this episode is fighting for the podium with the Natural History and Blitzgiving.

There are many things that impressed me in this episode, rather than the plot itself (which was so compelling, even if simple), were the acting abilities of the actors! Special mention to Jason Segel and the actors playing the family of Marshall! The pronunciation of Marcus while expounding his theory that Zoey is in love with Ted, like a British professor who explains the lesson, I was rolling on the floor laughing,

But let's order.

The kindness of Marshall ... OMG! Who is answering the phone that way? Only probably in Minnesota! Initially I thought it was pointing to a professional bias (more often, when I answer the phone at home I find myself responding to refrain from: Hello? cystic fibrosis!) And instead he had recovered only good manners that were taught by his parents! haha! Very pretty and nice.

Robin's dinner was a disaster down the line ... and I wonder how it was able to make even the hot dog bad ... but Lily that "try" not to offend Robin is priceless! And what about the lost expression of Zoey in search of the ketchup?

Edited by Aleki77 - 17/2/2011, 00:59

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

the beautiful white dress:

I found Zoey’s dress from “Oh Honey” as well! It is Nanette Lepore’s “Casino Royale Dress” (Retail $398, Available on Ebay in a Size 10 for $180 OBO, Click through to buy).

http://www.tumblr.com/reblog/3396941592/6e...re%3D1298186865

here: http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProd...sc=Short+Sleeve

28 replies since 29/1/2011, 00:36   2526 views