Once Upon a Time 1st season Spoiler Free

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother's' Jennifer Morrison explains new pilot

If you love watching Jennifer Morrison on "How I Met Your Mother" this season, then you are probably going to be more than pleased to know that she will have a full-time gig (her first since "House") next season with "Once Upon a Time."

So what is this story really about? The ABC pilot stars Morrison as Anna, a woman who suddenly finds herself "chosen" to help a number of people from the world of fairy tales -- though she tells TVLine in a new interview that things are (as expected) much more complicated than they at first appear:

“Basically, it’s as if every fairy tale character ever written is real and actually exists, but they’ve been cursed and they don’t know their true identities. They are living in our reality not knowing who they truly are. And because [of that], they’re never going to have their happy ending.”

The only unfortunate news in the midst of all this is that Morrison's participation in this new series solidifies that her time on "HIMYM" is done -- though we pretty much knew that already by Ted's own admission that things are going to go badly between him and her character of Zoey.

One last tease for this new series -- as it has Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (of "Lost" fame) on as executive producers, you can expect there to be plenty of intrigue.

Is this the pilot you are looking forward to seeing most of this writing?

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/how...ins-new-pilot-1

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison previews the 'Once Upon a Time' pilot

April 16th, 2011 10:34 pm ET
    Meredith Jacobs

Jennifer Morrison is no stranger to the primetime lineup. She was on House, which airs Mondays at 8PM on Fox 5 in Queens and is currently recurring on CBS' How I Met Your Mother on channel 2 at 8PM. Her latest project is a pilot for ABC, Once Upon a Time. Will it see the primetime on channel 7?

Morrison talked to TVLine about the pilot for her new show, which also features Ginner Goodwin and Lana Parrilla. Morrison is playing the lead on the show, "a child of two fairy tale characters who is fated to save everyone from the curse." Goodwin is Snow White, and Parrilla is playing the Evil Queen. So what's this curse? According to Morrison,

"Basically, it's as if every fairy tale character ever written is real and actually exists, but they've been cursed and they don't their true identities. They are living in our reality not knowing who they truly are. And because [of that], they're never going to have their happy ending."

The point of fairy tales is that happy ending, and it sounds like it's up to Jennifer Morrison's Anna to fix things so the characters get their moments. So will it make it to a pilot? It does have a strong cast and comes from two executive producers of Lost, Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Do you think these factors will be enough for ABC to pick it up?

Tune in to CBS 2 in Queens Mondays at 8PM for Jennifer Morrison on How I Met Your Mother (at least, until Ted and Zoey's eventual break-up), and keep an eye on ABC 7 to see if Once Upon a Time gets picked up.

http://www.examiner.com/primetime-tv-in-ne...on-a-time-pilot

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison: 'Upon A Time is special'

Monday, April 18 2011, 10:30 BST
    By Catriona Wightman, TV Reporter

Jennifer Morrison has revealed that she is excited about her ABC pilot Once Upon A Time.

The drama focuses on Anna, a young woman with a troubled past who moves to a town where the magic of fairytales appears to be real.

Speaking to TV Line, Morrison described the project as "beautifully written" and "very special".

"Basically, it's as if every fairytale character ever written is real and actually exists, but they've been cursed and they don't know their true identities," she explained. "They are living in our reality not knowing who they truly are. And because [of that], they're never going to have their happy ending."

Morrison also revealed that her character Anna is "a child of two fairytale characters who is fated to save everyone from the curse", adding: "Anna is a bails bondsman, so her job in real life is kickass, but realistically kickass."

"It's not like she is flying or anything, she is just a tough chick. She didn't grow up with her parents, and now she's the 'chosen one', so she's a little messed up when we meet her."

Morrison praised the mix of fantasy and reality in the project and added: "The pilot really sucks you in and sets up so much intrigue and conflict."

Once Upon A Time will also star Jared Gilmore, Josh Dallas, Jamie Dornan, Robert Carlyle and Ginnifer Goodwin.

www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a315...pecial.html?rss

4. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: 2ND HOT LIST
    By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Sunday May 1, 2011 @ 6:36pm PDTTags: ABC, CBS, Fox, Hot List, NBC, Primetime Pilot Panic

ONCE UPON A TIME Encouraging early reaction for the magical tale about a village housing classic fairytale characters, which is described by an insider as "Lost in tone and Pushing Daisies in look". The pilot also is expected to get enthusiastic thumbs up from the Disney leadership because of the big synergy potential as it features classic Disney characters as Snow White and Prince Charming. Ginnifer Goodwin is getting great marks for her performance as Snow White, with Jennifer Morrison also looking good as the lead.

www.deadline.com/2011/05/primetime-pilot-panic-2nd-hot-list/

5. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ginnifer Goodwin on what's up next:

Ginnifer Goodwin: "I just shot a pilot for ABC, so please light a candle that we get picked up. It’s an hour-long drama called Once Upon a Time and I play Snow White. It has been explained to me, in no uncertain terms, that I am not allowed to talk about what happens and what it’s about, but I can tell you that it was written and created by [Edward] Kitsis and [Adam] Horowitz, who were instrumental to the creative success of Lost, and we have the Lost blessings of the godfathers, who are helping us along the way. It’s a really special project. I wasn’t planning on going right back to television, but I was frustrated with the lack of substantial film scripts and asked to read the television pilots, and realized that’s where all the good writers are going. It’s really as original as it gets. It’s a study of time. It’s set in multiple times. They are running with the success of the Lost form of storytelling."

http://movies.about.com/od/somethingborrow...fer-Goodwin.htm

7. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

a bad review :( :

Once Upon a Time

Once Upon a Time star Jennifer Morrison
    “Pilot”
    ABC
    By Adam Horowitz & Edward Kitsis (Lost, Life as we Know it)
    Grade: C-

Once Upon a Time could be a fairly decent concept, especially given Disney’s rich catalog to draw from. But Once Upon a Time, written by two Lost alums, is a mess both structurally (which can be fixed in later episodes) and conceptually (a more long-term problem). And the most frustrating part? Knowing that ABC will pick this one up.

To be fair, I haven’t seen a final cut of the series, which apparently boasts a distinct and beautiful mise-en-scene similar to Pushing Daisies. Great. I’m all for television breaking away from conventions in sets and color. But when ABC execs compared the pilot to Lost, I was more perplexed. Lost? Lost‘s pilot revealed very little mythology outside of the mysterious island, flashbacks, and the lovable Smokey (and Christian Shephard, but that’s a bit different). Lost‘s pilot also established wonderful characters who were extremely distinct from the outset. Once Upon a Time throws a million different mythological elements on the screen, hoping one will stick. There’s the marriage of Snow White (Jennifer Goodwin, Big Love) and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas, Thor). The mysterious Henry (Jared Gilmore, Mad Men) visiting his long-lost mother, Anna (Jennifer Morrison, House). A magical curse that somehow stops time even though everyone is still walking around. A magical clock that doesn’t move. Anna’s super-secret powers revealed through the most expository means possible. A secret book with all of the secrets of Storybrooke. No more happy endings! And most offensively, none of the characters are remotely interesting outside of Henry (I might only think he’s interesting because I love Bobby Draper).

Granted, there are some parts that work. Anna attempting to leave Henry off at a bus station in Boston was humorous, as was Snow White drawing a sword at her wedding to fight the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla, Miami Medical). But not only is there so much revealed in the first episode, some of it just doesn’t make sense. If time is “stopped,” why are all of the storybook characters still moving around? Wouldn’t a simpler explanation simply be that the Evil Queen’s curse caused them to forget who they are? Why throw in the “time” point, when clearly time hasn’t stopped? And Anna’s powers are so poorly revealed that it’s hard to take seriously. And why does Snow WhiteMary Margaret Blanchard give the mysterious picture book to Henry? Why has it recorded everything? I’m sure that some of these will be explained, but the curse “stopping time” is recited throughout the pilot. And it didn’t do that.

The cutting back to “Disney world,” an amalgamation of Lost‘s flashbacks and flashsideways, is also suspect. Is it a world outside of ours? What Disney myth are we supposed to be using as a our basis for this world? How do these elements interact with each other? Again, these questions will (hopefully) be answered, but without explanation, these aspects of the pilot are extremely poorly developed. Not to mention that the actual occurrence of events is slightly bizarre – how, exactly, are they able to find a magic stump that can protect only one person from the curse? At least tell me you found it in some magical forest and mention it an act or two before it’s actually shown.

There’s a possibility that with the right actors, sets, and direction, Once Upon a Time might be a decent pilot. But since its internal logic its most grating element at this point, I don’t expect post-production to turn the show into a winner, at least not off the bat

http://networkexposure.wordpress.com/2011/...time/#more-1617

what does he mean by "And the most frustrating part? Knowing that ABC will pick this one up"?
    that he thinks ABC will pick up the pilot?

8. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (aurore @ 3/5/2011, 18:49) 
    what does he mean by "And the most frustrating part? Knowing that ABC will pick this one up"?
    that he thinks ABC will pick up the pilot?

Yep. ABC owns Disney, so a show about fairytales is right up their ally.

Edited by MVitto - 4/5/2011, 09:45

9. pandora1308
        +1   -1

User deleted

Well, if everything would be explained in the pilot, then it wouldn't be a TV show, it'd be a movie :P

I hope ABC does pick it up. There aren't many good sci-fi/fantasy shows on the air atm.

Thanks for all the pics :)

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (pandora1308 @ 4/5/2011, 09:34) 
    Well, if everything would be explained in the pilot, then it wouldn't be a TV show, it'd be a movie :P

:lol:

QUOTE (jennwithapen @ 4/5/2011, 01:32) 
    Yep. ABC owns Disney, so a show about fairytales is right up their ally.

good to know !!

11. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Meg, on May 4, 2011 at 6:52 AM said:
    How do you know that ABC will pick up this pilot?

networkexposure, on May 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM said:
    Current talk of the town, guaranteed shoe in.

http://networkexposure.wordpress.com/2011/...-time/#comments

I suppose it's a good news :D

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Yes! It is! Great :D

13. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

snow white (Ginnifer Goodwin):

http://twitter.com/cookayemonster/status/66588962784944128

Edited by aurore - 7/5/2011, 02:00

14. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Also slated to screen next week are 2 drama pilots with solid early buzz, the magical tale ONCE UPON A TIME and 1960s airline soap PAN AM.

www.deadline.com/2011/05/primetime-pilot-panic-3rd-hot-list/

15. pandora1308
        +1   -1

User deleted

Last night I dreamt that we got a promo picture of Jen for OUAT :lol: It was a cool pic

166 replies since 25/3/2011, 23:46   7613 views