OUAT - S01E01 - Pilot

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

October 24, 2011 08:28 AM PDT

Ratings: Once Upon a Time Enchants 12.8 Million Viewers, Tops All Non-Sports Programs

Bippity Boppity Boo! ABC’s Once Upon a Time worked its magic on Nielsen households, premiering to 12.8 million total viewers while scoring a robust 3.9 demo rating. That translates into Sunday night’s most-watched and highest-rated non-sports programming, opposite NBC football and Fox’s World Series Game 4 coverage.

Once‘s tallies represent almost double what Extreme Makeover: Home Edition most recently did in the Sundays-at-8 slot. In fact, it’s ABC’s biggest audience in the time period with regular programming since March 2008 and its best 18-49 performance there in three years.

www.tvline.com/2011/10/ratings-once-upon-a-time-premiere/

ONCE UPON A TIME – RATINGS – 1.01 “PILOT”

CITAZIONE
    The Viewer Ratings for last night’s Series Premiere of Once Upon A Time, Season 1 Episode 1 (1.01) “Pilot” have broken record numbers for an ABC series premiere this fall and has beaten all premieres from last Fall. The episode reached a total of 12.79 Million viewers, 3.9 million of which were between the age of 18-49 years old. Take a look at the Once Upon A Time Season 1 Ratings Page where you’ll be able to compare the ratings for each episode in the week’s to follow!

www.tvedge.net/?p=16108

RATINGS RAT RACE: Strong Start For ABC’s ‘Once Upon A Time’
    By NELLIE ANDREEVA

CITAZIONE
    Launching in the Sunday 8 PM slot once occupied by The Wonderful World Of Disney, ABC’s fairytale drama Once Upon A Time got off to a great start last night, pulling in a 3.9 rating/10 share among adults 18-49 and 12.8 million viewers against NFL football on NBC and the World Series on Fox. That is ABC’s highest-rated new series premiere this fall and this season’s No.1 drama debut in 18-49 on any network. More ratings info from last night in a little bit.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/ratings-ra..._medium=twitter

2. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

I really liked the strong powerful emotions of the ep :) I love snow white and prince charming couple...

JMO is great :heart:

3. pandora1308
        +1   -1

User deleted

Great numbers! :clapper:

4. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

loved the pilot !!! Emma is amazing ! such a bad ass
    I like Snow White/Prince Charming,I already hate regina,Henry is so cute and rumpelstiltskin is really creepy
    the scene between Henry and Emma at his castle is fantastic
    can't wait for the next episode

5. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I agree with what everyone else has said...absolutely loved the pilot. I really hope the numbers stay strong. I know a lot of people that I talked to were watching it b/c they were fans of Lost. My husband, who is NOT into fantasy at all, watched it with me and said, "It was decent, not nearly as weird as I thought it would be." So that should be considered a rousing endorsement ;-)

And P.S. - Jen looked AH-MAZING! When she stepped off the elevator in that red dress, I was reminded how much I need to get back to the gym ;)

6. briteen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I loved it too, I had no idea how they were going to alternate between the two worlds without it being confusing but it played out great. And I thought I would find the fairy tale scenes cheesy but I was so wrong, it's a very compelling storyline. Incredible cinematography, beautiful scenery (the bridge scene).

Jen and the kid who plays Henry have amazing chemistry, I loled at some parts of their dialogue/banter. It must be freezing cold in Vancouver because in some scenes the two of them were freezing. And I felt so sorry when the kid had to go back with the evil queen.

I can't wait for Sunday and find out who else is going to be in the episode. I want to know more about the sheriff. And I wonder if now that time isn't frozen anymore if prince Charming will wake up from his comma.

The next morning, Emma ran into Gepetto and Grumpy at the local jail. Gepetto was now a sad old man with no children, and Grumpy was a grumpy local hooligan named Leroy.

Oh, I didn't make this connection, I must watch the episode again.

And does any of you have a link where I can put myself up to date with fairytales? :D

Some facts from SpoilerTV

Once Upon a Time - Debuts as No.1 New Drama in Adults 18-49

"Once Upon a Time" (8:00-9:00 p.m.)
    More than doubling its Adult 18-49 lead-in at 8:00 p.m. (+160%) and gaining audience throughout its premiere against the World Series and Sunday Night Football, ABC's series debut of "Once Upon a Time" opened with an average audience of 12.8 million viewers and a 3.9 rating, 10 share among Adults 18-49, standing as Sunday's No. 1 non-sports program.

* ABC's "Once Upon a Time" opened as TV's No. 1 drama debut this season in Adults 18-49 and as the top-rated in more than 1 year - since 9/20/10. In fact, ABC claims the season's Top 2 drama debuts with "Once Upon a Time" and "Revenge," respectively.

* "Once Upon a Time" drew ABC's biggest audience in the time period with regular programming in over 3-1/2 years and its top Adult 18-49 number in nearly 3 years - since 3/30/08 and 11/2/08, respectively.

* In Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, "Once Upon a Time" stands as Sunday's biggest non-NFL-driven drama debut in 5 years - since ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" on 9/24/06.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/once-upon...l#ixzz1bk0jyaud

:clapper:

Edited by briteen - 25/10/2011, 00:30

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time': What the Critics Are Saying

The fairy tale drama debuted Sunday to ABC's strongest ratings in the 18-49 demographic in nearly three years of regular programming.

ABC’s Once Upon a Time opened to strong ratings Sunday, lifting ABC to its best performance in the time period with regular programming in nearly three years in the 18-49 demographic. The program stars Big Love's Ginnifer Goodwin and former House doctor Jennifer Morrison in storylines taking place in the fantasy world of Snow White and the "reality" setting of Storybrooke, Maine.

The show, from Lost exec producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, earned mostly positive reviews out of the gate but as The Hollywood Reporter's Tim Goodman points out, its fate is up in the air.
    Goodman writes: "In Storybrooke, pretty much every fairy-tale character you can come up with -- you know, like Geppetto -- is hanging out as their modern self. This part of the series holds at least minimal fascination. But when Once Upon a Time flashes back to fairy-tale days, Uncle Hokey goes with them. And with him, there are no happy endings.

"In those moments -- especially when modern vocabulary sneaks in and Goodwin seems embarrassed to read her lines -- Once Upon a Time completely stops time. You can't tell if this is supposed to be farce; it's the opt-out moment. The show is a bold idea, and there's hope for the modern-world portions, but it doesn't quite know what it is (or maybe it does, but the audience won't). ABC made episode three available to critics as well, and -- tragic ending alert! -- the series appears to be getting worse, not better."
    The Los Angeles Times' Mary McNamara singles out Goodwin and Morrison's performances: "Goodwin is as good a Snow White as you're going to get this side of animation, but the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) seems to think she's Maleficent (different fairy tale if anyone's keeping track, which clearly no one is). Once the action leaves the overly Maxfield Parrish-ized world of magic trees and drooping pregnant princesses, things pick up considerably. There's a book; there an enlightened boy, Henry (Jared Gilmore); and best of all, there's Morrison. Her Emma is predictably cynical and prickly — fairy-tale princess, my Aunt Fanny — but she's sharp and lively enough to keep audiences begging for 'just a few more pages' before they go to bed."

New York Times critic Mike Hale also praises the lead actresses: "Once Upon a Time seemed to have the richer premise and more interesting characters, and having Ms. Goodwin (Big Love) in the cast automatically made it one of the more promising new shows. She’s excellent, and Ms. Morrison, known for playing uptight snobs on House and How I Met Your Mother, uses her whiskey-and-cigarettes voice (close your eyes, and it sounds like Angie Harmon) to good effect as the reluctant savior. Watching the pilot again, though, it became harder to ignore the soap opera underpinnings and the twee sentimentality."
    Chicago Sun Times critic Lori Rackl does not foresee the drama lasting: "The sparkly new drama flips back and forth between two worlds, the one we live in and the “imaginary” one inhabited by Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin of Big Love), Rumpelstiltskin (Robert Carlyle, The Full Monty) and all of those fairy-tale characters we read about in bedtime stories.

Wear your neckbrace, because Once Upon a Time has lots of flashbacks. It also has lots of Disney touches in the form of a CGI Jiminy Cricket, Tinker Bell and other special effects. Again, no surprise, since Disney owns ABC. Once Upon a Time gets points for being creative and different, and I’ve certainly watched worse shows this season but I don’t see this fairy-tale fantasy having broad enough appeal to conjure up the kind of viewer numbers it will need to stick around."

San Francisco Chronicle's David Wiegand points out that the show's Sunday night timeslot has traditionally done well for Disney fare: "The show is not only great, fluffy fun, but note that it occupies a traditional family time slot on Sunday nights. For years, Sunday evenings were dominated by the Walt Disney anthology series under a variety of names for, at one time or another, three broadcast networks. ABC is clearly looking to revive that tradition. Family fare is tricky these days - shows that are too G-rated aren't usually sophisticated enough for older members of the family. But Once Upon a Time is both family-friendly and smart enough to win viewers of any age and level of sophistication."

Hank Stuever of The Washington Post was won over by the "charming" and "elegant" show: Suffused with as many fairy-tale cliches as it can cram in, ABC’s new drama Once Upon a Time may seem like a poisoned apple to us blackhearted cynics. But happily this series turns out to be the fall TV season’s most charming and elegant surprise. The first episode is perfectly imagined, written and performed — which is saying something when you consider that the lead character is Snow White. When was the last time anyone over the age of 5 admitted to wanting to know more about Snow White?"

Dave Walker of The Times-Picayune mentions another acting standout, former Mad Men son Jared Gilmore: An incredibly cute kid played by Jared Gilmore (Bobby Draper in Mad Men) has figured out the connections between the two worlds, thanks to a big book of fairy tales. Somehow it works, even – especially – when a CGI Jiminy Cricket shows up."

Entertainment Weekly's Ken Tucker muses that the show may be too dark for mass consumption: "Everyone — from Morrison’s hard-boiled bounty hunter to Parrilla’s permanently enraged Queen — seems so miserable. This is a problem for the series, because viewers coming to the show for the light, good-will-prevail tone of fairy tales may be brought up short, and perhaps dismayed, by its dark fantasy. And dark-fantasy fans will probably find the series not dark enough.

"And to those of you who say, well, the Grimm brothers fairy tales from which Once takes off were more grim than we recall, I’ll say that I’ve re-read a bunch of the ones pertinent to this TV show, and they’re more brief, more varied in tone, and, at their conclusions, more positive in their outcomes. It takes but a few pages for Rumpelstiltskin to receive justice for his meanness; it’s going to take a long time for that to occur on Once Upon a Time, if only because the deft Robert Carlyle has been clearly cast as a long-term bad-guy."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/once...morrison-252502

8. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Count me in as thoroughly enjoying the start to what I hope will be a great adventure.

The whole cast did a magnificent job. Two scenes with Jen that I particularly liked.....1. When she first brings Henry back to Regina's house and Regina looks incredulously at Emma and gasps, "You're his birth mother?" Emma's cute, simple reply of "Hi," was priceless. And, 2. When Emma and Mary Margaret are picking up the books from the schoolroom floor, the looks they exchange are those of strangers who feel that they share some commonality.

It must be freezing cold in Vancouver because in some scenes the two of them were freezing.

In the interview of Raphael Sbarge and Jared Gilmore, it's revealed that the scene was shot after midnight and there was a light freezing rain -- not at all uncommon in Vancouver in late March/early April.

Incredible cinematography, beautiful scenery (the bridge scene).

Yup, that is at least one thing that greater Vancouver has going for it...it is a most beautiful area to shoot exterior shots. :) :)

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon A Time' Adjusted Up + Final Ratings For World Series Game 4 & Saints/Colts

Written By Bill Gorman

October 25th, 2011

Once Upon A Time was adjusted up a tenth of a ratings point (to a 4.0 rating) with adults 18-49 compared to the preliminary ratings.

There were no adjustments to adults 18-49 ratings for any of the broadcast network scripted shows, but the final numbers for World Series Game 4 and NBC's Sunday line up including Sunday Night Football are below.

Sunday's Final Broadcast Ratings:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/2...tscolts/108354/

10. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

the original script: www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Once_Upon_A_Time_1x01_-_Pilot.pdf

24 replies since 3/10/2011, 21:21   1034 views