Once Upon a Time: Interview to Jennifer Morrison

« Older   Newer »

1. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison living fairy-tale life

Once upon a time, Jennifer Morrison played Dr. Allison Cameron on the FOX series "House" where each week she faced the horrible actions of the evil king of medicine, Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie). She's traded the king for a queen as she plays Emma Swan on the ABC drama "Once Upon a Time."

Her character is the daughter of Snow White and the only help for the fairy tale community that has been put under a spell by the evil queen - or in this case mayor - Regina Mills (Lana Parrilla).

During an ABC party, Morrison tells me that when it comes to literary characters she's a fan of both "Cinderella" and "Alice in Wonderland." She laughs and says that her blond hair may have been a huge contributing factor to her choices.

The Chicago native always dreamed she would get to play Alice one day but that never happened. The closest she got was dressing up as Alice for Halloween. She might not have had the chance to play Alice but Morrison did find success on stage and then in film and TV.

Morrison loved her days on "House" but she's really excited about her current job. She was always on the receiving end of House's wrath but in "Once Upon a Time" she gets to hand out the pain.

"It's a different side of me that I haven't been able to give to a character until now," Morrison says. "I train as a boxer and I have that side of me that exists in my own life. Doing that stuff is just fun. This role is great because it gives me such range to play. At one moment she can be so angry and have such a horrible temper and then in another moment she is rational and lets her guard down where you see her vulnerability. The fact there is so much room to play there is so much fun."

"Once Upon a Time" is the latest stop for Morrison who has had an interesting career so far that includes a connection to some iconic characters. Not only is she playing the daughter of Snow White but in the "Star Trek" movie, she played the mother of Capt. James T. Kirk.

http://fresnobeehive.com/2012/01/jennifer_morris.html

140 replies since 15/10/2011, 05:56   8046 views