+1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon A Time - Preview + Interviews

http://youtu.be/4T-y3P_IWeU

2. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Who’s fairest of all new dramas? ‘Once Upon a Time’

Fairy tales are famous for their happy endings. For ABC’s “Once Upon a Time,” it’s been one heckuva happy beginning.

The alphabet network’s freshman fantasy conjured up nearly 13 million viewers when it debuted last month. Since then, it’s continued to spin gold like a ratings Rumpelstiltskin.

Returning with a new episode Sunday, this fairy tale mash-up set in the real world ranks as ABC’s most-watched regular series for its 7 p.m. time slot in seven years. Season-to-date, it’s television’s No. 1 new drama across all key adult demographics, teens (12-17) and kids (2-11).

“Once Upon a Time” clearly has broad appeal, regardless of how many candles are on your birthday cake. The program is producing the strongest family “co-viewing” numbers for any regularly scheduled drama series on the major nets in the past decade.

“Adults enjoy the storytelling just as much as kids enjoy it,” said Jennifer Morrison, the Arlington Heights native who co-stars as Snow White and Prince Charming’s grown daughter, Emma Swan.

“These are stories written for adults, but they never cross the line that would make them inappropriate for a child,” she said. “It feels like Harry Potter in the sense that it has this mythology and a magical element and good versus evil.”

The beauty of “Once Upon a Time” — aside from its impressive special effects and gorgeous Vancouver, Canada, setting — is how well it turns something old into something new again. It cleverly reboots centuries-old yarns, imbuing them with enough novelty to keep us guessing about the fates of characters we thought we knew so well.

Half the fun is watching these characters’ paths intersect in one big story — and in two parallel worlds: the fairy-tale land of the Enchanted Forest and the “real” town of Storybrooke, Maine.

You thought Cinderella’s fairy godmother got her to the ball? Nuh-uh. A flashback to fairy-tale land tells us it was that crafty guy from another story, Rumpelstiltskin (played brilliantly by Scottish actor Robert Carlyle), who put Cinderella on the V.I.P. list. He also tricked her into making a Faustian bargain for her first-born child.

The devilish deal comes back to haunt Cinderella in modern-day Storybrooke, where she’s living as a knocked-up maid and Rumpelstiltskin prances around as the town’s powerbroker, Mr. Gold.

“Once Upon a Time” is packed with the classic characters we grew up reading and watching: Snow White, Jiminy Cricket, Red Riding Hood. But they’ve been robbed of their happy endings and exiled from their fairy-tale confines thanks to a curse by the Snow White-loathing Evil Queen.

With no memory of their true identities, these fairy-tale fixtures are trapped in the real world as run-of-the-mill working stiffs in Storybrooke. Here, Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin, “Big Love”) is simply Mary Margaret, a teacher who’s oblivious to the fact that the comatose John Doe she visits in the hospital is her Prince Charming (Josh Dallas).

One character who knows full well what’s going on is Storybrooke’s ruthless mayor, Regina, who’s really the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla). Regina’s adopted son, Henry, 10, also has figured out the skinny on Storybrooke after reading his trusty book of fairy tales.

Henry (Jared Gilmore) knows that the only person who can break the queen’s curse is Emma Swan, the same woman who gave up Henry for adoption a decade ago. So Henry hightails it to Boston to bring the skeptical Swan to Storybrooke to undo the queen’s evil.

Got it?

“If someone had tried to explain it to me before I read the script, I might not have read it,” laughed Morrison, a Loyola University theater major who played Dr. Cameron on the Fox medical drama “House.” It was Morrison’s more recent role on the CBS sitcom “How I Met Your Mother” that caught the casting eye of “Once Upon a Time’s” co-creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.

Morrison didn’t need much arm-twisting to sign on as Swan after a long lunch at Art’s Deli in L.A. with Kitsis and Horowitz, who know a thing or two about mind-bending serialized dramas. They’re both former writers/producers of ABC’s “Lost.”

“They described their [‘Once Upon a Time’] vision as if they’d been watching the show for six years,” recalled Morrison, 32. “The amount of ideas they had and the detail of the mythology and the world it was based on … it was something I knew I wanted to be a part of.”

Morrison is no stranger to the likes of Snow White & Co. Growing up, she and her younger brother and sister routinely piled in the car and made the drive down to Disney World with their parents, longtime music teachers at Prospect High School in Mount Prospect.

“By the time I was 18 I had something like 27 vacations there,” Morrison said.

She recently found a photo of her young self at Disney World getting her autograph book signed by Cinderella.

“The look on my face was, ‘I want to be you,’ ” she said. “Little did I know that years later I would work on a show that would be dealing with all these characters.”

These characters are in high demand lately. The same week “Once Upon a Time” debuted, NBC launched its fairy-tale-themed police procedural “Grimm,” already extended for the full season. And two big-budget Snow White films are slated to hit movie theaters next year.

Morrison doesn’t think it’s a coincidence.

“Disney’s ‘Snow White’ first came out during the Great Depression,” she said. “We’re in an economic crisis and there’s a lot of uncertainty with people’s jobs. It’s an uncomfortable time, so it makes sense that people would be searching to find some kind of hope or a light at the end of the tunnel. Oftentimes, that’s the underlying story in fairy tales.”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/tele...pon-a-time.html

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time: Jennifer Morrison Talks Emma's Journey

Written By Clarissa
    November 27th, 2011

We’ve only seen four episodes of Once Upon a Time, but it’s become clear what type of show it is, as well as the format. Each episode is almost a self-contained story in the fairytale world, giving us another piece of the main characters’ backstory as fairytale characters, while introducing a few new ones along the way (like Cinderella). In addition, the Storybrooke characters continue to develop and grow alongside their fairytale counterparts.

But two characters don’t have fairytale counterparts in Once Upon a Time: Emma and Henry. Emma is clearly one of the central characters of the show, and it’s her relationship with Henry - and the other town’s characters - that has prompted this independent woman to put down roots and become part of a family. During a trip to the Vancouver set of Once Upon a Time last month, we had the opportunity to speak to Jennifer Morrison about her character and how Emma will develop throughout the first season.

Morrison acknowledged that there’s really no way to do the “Emma episode” of Once Upon a Time, because she doesn’t have a fairytale counterpart. However, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t expect to gain more insight into her character. The writers will give the audience ”a slower, steadier revelation of who she is. She’s revealed a little bit at a time through her relationships as the story goes on. Her willingness to get involved with certain people and her way of connecting to those people in those moments ends up revealing parts of her past. Those story lines, in a sense, become her flashbacks by proxy.”

Once Upon a Time's executive producer Steven Pearlman told us that Emma will spend the first half of the season “coming to grips with the fact that she has a kid and her relationship to Henry and what it means to be a parent, what it means to be a single parent and what it means to give up your kid for adoption.” While Emma has decided to indulge Henry’s belief that the Storybrooke characters have fairytale counterparts, she doesn’t really believe it. However, Pearlman says “…these things keep happening….suggestions that maybe [Henry’s stories] are true. She herself is kind of caught in this place of ‘am I a believer or am I not a believer?’”

Morrison particularly enjoys watching Emma and Henry grow closer and believes “Jared [Gilmore] and I have such an incredible journey together. [Emma is] this woman who is so incredibly resistant to opening herself up, because she knows that as soon as she opens herself up it’s gonna be a slippery slope of emotions that she’s not ready to handle. And yet [Henry is] just so charming and so sweet and so genuine that she can’t help herself and she gets sucked into feeling so motherly toward him.” Gilmore chimed in that Henry obviously wants help from Emma in saving the fairytale characters, but “but deep down [Henry] really wants her to stay with [him] and live with [him] and take care of [him]. Deep down I think [Henry] really wants to get to know her and break away from Regina.”

In Once Upon a Time's pilot episode, Regina asked Emma about Henry’s father. Emma brushed him off as a concern, saying he didn’t even know Emma had been pregnant. While the actors couldn’t tell us who Henry’s father is, Morrison believes “It’s gonna be a long while before anyone knows about that”. But, she said, “it’s going to be a fabulous reveal, I think.”

In addition to Emma’s relationship with her son, we know the major antagonistic relationship in her life currently centers around Regina. Morrison acknowledged that the relationship between the two women is tricky, because you have “a kid, his birth mother and his adopted mother who are both in his life.” In fact, we’ll be seeing more conflict between the two women in the November 27 episode, when Henry is in danger and both Emma and Regina are fighting about who should help him. But Morrison says “There’s some very interesting moments in some of the episodes where the two of them actually have to come together.”

Despite the fact that Emma can’t really wrap her head around this fairytale thing, and her chilly relationship with Regina, there is hope that things might turn out for everyone. In fact, Morrison believes that ‘hope’ is the central theme of Once Upon a Time: “I think that ultimately the center of the show is the idea of hope and that without hope you don’t have anything. Emma has had a really rough life and there’s still a nugget of hope left in her. I think her relationship with Henry is going to grow that seed of hope in her that she could find some of the things that she dreamed of when she was younger before she was too cynical to let go of those things.”

A new episode of Once Upon a Time will be airing tonight on ABC. Watch a trailer and browse through photos for the episode here.

http://www.tvovermind.com/once-upon-a-time...-journey/108383

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison's Trek to Once Upon a Time

Jennifer Morrison seems to bounce from hit to hit to hit. She played Dr. Allison Cameron on House for nearly six seasons, tackled the recurring role of Zoey Pierson on How I Met Your Mother, and currently stars as Emma Snow on the fantastical series Once Upon a Time. And, let’s not forget her brief but pivotal turn as Winona Kirk, who gave birth to James T. Kirk, in Star Trek (2009). StarTrek.com recently caught up with Morrison for an interview in which she recounted her Star Trek experience and talked about Once Upon a Time.

Take us to your audition for Star Trek (2009)…

Morrison: They gave me sides that had nothing to do with the movie, that just had a lot of emotions that I guess would be comparable to what the character was going to go through in the movie. I went in and read for (casting director) April Webster. It was a crazy scene where I was supposed to be in some sort of water thing where the walls were closing in. It was me and my husband and we only had one air tank. I wanted him to take the air tank and he wanted me to take it. So I had to watch him drown while I took the air tank, and then I had to swim with him and get him to shore and then resuscitate him. I mean, this is a lot when all you have is a room and a chair and a camera. It was one of those things where you just had to completely go for it or you’re going to look like a crazy person.

Your scenes in Star Trek (2009) looked chaotic. How chaotic were they to shoot?

Morrison: Working with J.J. Abrams is a dream. He’s one of those just extraordinary human beings and crazy-crazy-crazy talented. It didn’t matter how many takes or how many angles we did, he’d always come in with a new idea. I always come in crazy-prepared. I’m very anal. I do tons of research. I come in with all this stuff… and he put me to shame with the amount of ideas he came up with. We were on the 50th angle of however many-th take and he’d say, “What about this? What about this?” As an actor, that’s just so great because every take feels new and fresh and inspired. It was just incredible.

Did you have any clue that, in essence, you were giving birth to the renewed franchise?

Morrison: I didn’t think of it that way, but I’m thrilled that we succeeded in doing that. I just felt lucky to have been any part of that at all. It’s fun to be a part of that whole world. There’s a whole mythology to Star Trek. I was excited, too, because as far as I knew, no actress had ever played Winona Kirk. She’s been discussed in the mythology, but never played before. So it was fun to be the first actress to play her on screen.

Actually, how aware of Star Trek were you before you landed your role in the film?

Morrison: I did not know a lot, to be honest, and I thought that was really going to hurt me. I ultimately ended up finding out that that helped me, because J.J. wanted to honor the franchise, he wanted to do it right, but he also wanted to make it fresh and new. So it was fine with him that this was my introduction to that world and my education in that world.

A few months ago, people had their doubts about two similar-sounding shows – Once Upon a Time and Grimm – making it. But both are doing well. How confident were you that Once Upon a Time would find an audience?

Morrison: I was fairly confident that it'd have a pretty wide range of ages interested, just based on knowing the stories that were coming and knowing that the show had a definitive direction. But I was privy to inside information, which was the scripts I was reading and the scripts I was shooting. I could see how, just based on one episode (the pilot), people could be skeptical and ask, “OK, where is this heading? How do we answer all these questions? What is this curse?” I certainly never jumped to any conclusion because you just never know how shows are going to do and how people are going to react. But I knew it was definitely something I’d watch. My family felt like it was something they definitely wanted to watch, and my friends felt it was definitely something they wanted to watch. Having a little bit of a tester, people I know feeling that way and feeling strongly about it, made me hopeful that there’d be a wide range of an audience.

Your character, Emma Swan, is a bail bond collector/bounty hunter/deputy sheriff who happens to be the daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White. When you read the script, did you think, “What the heck?” or “Count me in”?

Morrison: Well, here’s the thing. Thank God no one pitched this script to me. I don’t know that I would’ve been able to wrap my brain around it if it were pitched to me. It was such an extraordinary script, and it was given to me as a script with no pitch. I read it completely blind and was just absolutely blown away. Honestly, as I read it, I kept saying, “I can’t believe this works. I can’t believe this works. But this really works.” It’s a concept that’s incredibly tough to articulate, but it all came together in a way that made sense.

The first half of the season will end Dec. 11 with the episode “The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter.” Give us a two-sentence set-up.

Morrison: We’re starting to see how different people’s lives were in Fairy Tale Land, before they were sent to Storybrooke. A lot of what’s been set up – with the curse, with how Emma being in Storybrooke is affecting things – comes to a head at that point.

Let’s try to link Star Trek and Once Upon a Time. Damon Lindelof has been described by your executive producers, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, as the show’s “grandfather.” So, did Damon have anything to do with you getting the role of Winona Kirk in Star Trek?

Morrison: Damon is very close with Eddie and Adam because they worked with him (as writers and producers) on Lost, and he’s been so supportive and such a strong advocate of the show. But I don’t know if he was involved in any of the casting decision making. I know that Eddie and Adam were interested in me from having seen me on How I Met Your Mother. And I know that when they were going forward with pursuing me as Emma Swan that they did talk to J.J., knowing that I had worked on Star Trek. J.J. had very nice things to say, which I truly, truly appreciate. It means a lot to me that he’d have nice things to say and that he was a part of reassuring them that I would be a good choice.

http://www.startrek.com/article/jennifer-m...nce-upon-a-time

5. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Princess power: Jennifer Morrison kicks butt in ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time’

‘Once Upon a Time” heroine Emma Swan takes no prisoners, and that’s just the way actress Jennifer Morrison likes it.

“For fairy tales to be relatable now, the female characters need to be empowered and fully human,” Morrison told the Herald regarding the new ABC fantasy series (airing tonight at 8 on WCVB, Ch. 5). “This is definitely not the version of the stories where they are damsels in distress.”

Since arriving in Storybrooke, Maine, to reunite with the son she gave up for adoption, Emma has crossed paths with the mayor (Lana Parrilla), who at one point had her falsely arrested.

But thanks to her skills with a chain-saw, the orphan turned bail bonds-woman proved to viewers and Storybrooke that she’s no fairy tale confection.

“Emma is so damaged. She has had such a hard life. If you mess with her, she is going to mess back,” said the Chicago native, best known for her six years on Fox’s “House.” “It is interesting to play a character who has a temper and has to reel it in.”

The 32-year-old hinted that more of Emma’s history is about to be revealed.

“We are getting close to the episode where you learn why Henry was given up for adoption,” Morrison said of Emma’s son. “The whole thing is uncomfortable for Emma. She has worked so hard to isolate herself, now she is faced with having feelings for this child.”

One of the complications in Emma and Henry’s budding relationship is her inability to believe his theory about Storybrooke. Henry is certain his adoptive mother, the mayor, is an evil queen who has cursed fairy tale characters and forced them to wander through modern-day life ignorant of their true identities.

Especially troubling for Emma is Henry’s belief that she is the only one who can break the spell.

“It’s going to be really fun for audiences to piece together what becomes the mythology of the show, the domino effect of one story affecting the other. We get the script, we go just as crazy,” Morrison said.

As Emma’s story arc grows, things are still unresolved for Morrison’s other alter ego, Dr. Allison Cameron on “House.”

The character was abruptly written off the show in the middle of the 2009 season, leaving fans in the lurch.

Will Dr. Cameron make a return for what is expected to be the show’s final season?

“I have not been con-tacted by anyone over there,” Morrison said of the Fox drama. “The door has always been open from my perspective. That show was an incredible part of my life

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/tele...ce_upon_a_timeb

6. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

'Once Upon a Time' a hit for Jennifer Morrison, viewers

The scary truth is that most people figured "Once Upon a Time" would be history after only a few episodes. After all, it's the rare new show that actually makes it, plus the freshman ABC fantasy debuted the same week as NBC's seemingly similar "Grimm." A couple of months later, however, both shows are hits, both have been renewed for the rest of the season and "Once Upon a Time" is, in fact, television's top-rated new drama.

"I'm so glad that people are responding to the show," said Jennifer Morrison, who stars as Emma Snow, the daughter of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming (Joshua Dallas), who have been cursed by the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla). "I think there are different things going on that explain why it's connecting with people. I always feel that any show's success starts with the writing, and (creators/executive producers) Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are such incredible writers and have such an amazing vision for the storytelling. When we get the scripts we go crazy and we're calling each other and saying, 'Oh my God, can you believe this happened and that happened?'

"That's the foundation," she continued, "and then I've been making the 'Harry Potter' comparison. 'Harry Potter' deals with good vs. evil, with very, very real, grounded relationships amidst a world of mythology and inventive, magical things. We have those elements, and I think adults respond to that and kids respond to that, too, which is great because then families can watch the show together. And there just aren't a lot of family shows."

The action in "Once Upon a Time" shifts back and forth between two timelines: a modern-day town called Storybrooke and the fairy-tale world. Emma is told by a young boy, Henry (Jared S. Gilmore), that she is his mother and that, according to his fanciful book of fairy tales, everyone in Storybrooke is a cursed figure from the fairy-tale world.

For better or for worse, Henry is correct. His teacher, Mary Margaret Blanchard (Goodwin), is Snow White. His adoptive mother, also the town's mayor, is not only Regina Mills (Parrilla) but also the Evil Queen. The loathsome Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle) is Rumpelstiltskin, while the friendly therapist Archie Hopper (Raphael Sbarge) is Jiminy Cricket. And, according to Henry, Emma is a long-prophesied curse-breaker.

Speaking by telephone from the show's set in Vancouver, British Columbia, Morrison - whose credits also include "Star Trek" (2009), a recurring role on "How I Met Your Mother" (2010) and a long stint on "House" (2004-2010) - waxes enthusiastic about Emma. A bounty hunter who reluctantly agreed to stay in Storybrooke and recently accepted a job as the town's deputy sheriff, she is at once brave, sympathetic, cynical, flawed and strong.

"I truly love Emma," Morrison said. "Emma was incredibly appealing to me, from an acting perspective, because she has such a huge spectrum of emotions that she goes through in every single episode. She's so tough at times that you can't imagine her ever being vulnerable, and then so vulnerable at times that you can't imagine her ever being tough. And then there's everything in between.

"For an actor, that's just a dream to play."

The show concluded the first half of its first season Sunday with an episode entitled "The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter." Someone in Storybrooke perished, someone began to remember his or her fairy-tale past and, in classic cliffhanger fashion, several story threads have been left dangling.

"That episode was written almost like a season finale," Morrison said, "because they knew we'd be off the air for a few weeks after that. There's a lot happening in it. Emma is getting to a place in her life where she's really vulnerable for the first time in years, probably since she was a child, so there's an incredible journey that gets Emma to that place. And, in terms of the other characters, there are certain things that come to a breaking point.

"We've been exploring all these elements of the curse, what it means, what the rules are and how we all ended up under this curse," she continued. "By the time we got to that episode, we started to see what it meant for everyone in Storybrooke and how Emma's presence in the town has started to affect the curse."

By the time "The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter" aired, fans also had become that much more immersed in the show's so-called "Easter eggs," most of them tipping the cap to "Lost," the ABC series on which Kitsis and Horowitz previously worked.

The clock in Storybrooke has stopped at 8:15, and the doomed plane in "Lost" was Flight 815. Emma Swan is a key character on "Once Upon a Time," while much time was spent in the Swan Station on "Lost." Characters on both shows eat Apollo candy bars, and former "Lost" co-star Emilie de Ravin will guest star in an upcoming episode as Belle of "Beauty and the Beast" fame.

"Eddie and Adam were executive producers and writers on 'Lost' for more than four years," Morrison said, "so a lot of it is them paying homage to 'Lost,' to something they truly loved. There's a Driveshaft bumper sticker on the window of my yellow Bug, which was the band that Dominic Monaghan's character was in on 'Lost.' There are a few more things like that coming up.

"I think it's really fun for Eddie and Adam, for the actors and for the fans," she said. "Everyone gets a kick out of it."

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=352926

7. pandora1308
        +1   -1

User deleted

I don't even see or hear her, but just reading through this, I imagine her quite giddy. Don't know why :lol:

Thanks for the interview!

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Best Pals - Jennifer Morrison And Ginnifer Goodwin Team Up For ‘Once Upon A Time’

Arguably one of the best new shows of the TV season, ONCE UPON A TIME is a fantasy thriller that brings the dark history of Grimm’s fairy tales to the contemporary reality of a small town in Maine. Created by ADAM HOROWITZ and EDWARD KITSIS (the team behind TRON: LEGACY), the series stars BEVERLY ELLIOTT, JARED GILMORE, GINNIFER GOODWIN, JENNIFER MORRISON, ROBERT CARLYLE and JOSH DALLAS.
    Long time pals who always wanted to work together, MORRISON and GOODWIN are thrilled this project came along. In fact, MORRISON recently confided to us that it almost seemed like an act of fate. (CLICK ON THE MEDIA BAR FOR AUDIO)

www.megavideo.com/?v=UD943289

Edited by Aleki77 - 19/12/2011, 05:46

9. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison living fairy-tale life

Once upon a time, Jennifer Morrison played Dr. Allison Cameron on the FOX series "House" where each week she faced the horrible actions of the evil king of medicine, Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie). She's traded the king for a queen as she plays Emma Swan on the ABC drama "Once Upon a Time."

Her character is the daughter of Snow White and the only help for the fairy tale community that has been put under a spell by the evil queen - or in this case mayor - Regina Mills (Lana Parrilla).

During an ABC party, Morrison tells me that when it comes to literary characters she's a fan of both "Cinderella" and "Alice in Wonderland." She laughs and says that her blond hair may have been a huge contributing factor to her choices.

The Chicago native always dreamed she would get to play Alice one day but that never happened. The closest she got was dressing up as Alice for Halloween. She might not have had the chance to play Alice but Morrison did find success on stage and then in film and TV.

Morrison loved her days on "House" but she's really excited about her current job. She was always on the receiving end of House's wrath but in "Once Upon a Time" she gets to hand out the pain.

"It's a different side of me that I haven't been able to give to a character until now," Morrison says. "I train as a boxer and I have that side of me that exists in my own life. Doing that stuff is just fun. This role is great because it gives me such range to play. At one moment she can be so angry and have such a horrible temper and then in another moment she is rational and lets her guard down where you see her vulnerability. The fact there is so much room to play there is so much fun."

"Once Upon a Time" is the latest stop for Morrison who has had an interesting career so far that includes a connection to some iconic characters. Not only is she playing the daughter of Snow White but in the "Star Trek" movie, she played the mother of Capt. James T. Kirk.

http://fresnobeehive.com/2012/01/jennifer_morris.html

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Morrison on Next Chapter of 'Once Upon a Time'

CITAZIONE
    Jennifer Morrison talks about what's coming up on ABC's 'Once Upon A Time' and how she has yet to have scenes in Fairytale Land. (Jan 9)

http://youtu.be/gYAIZhEJpzQ

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

January 15, 2012 04:58 AM PST

Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison Talks Hansel and Gretel, Graham's Suspicious Death

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8/7c), Hansel and Gretel are in for a not-at-all-sweet treat when they are lured into the home of the blind witch (played by Buffy alum Emma Caulfield) — while their Storybrooke counterparts, homeless waifs Josef and Ava, shed light on Emma’s own difficult childhood.

“This is actually one of my favorite episodes,” Jennifer Morrison says of bounty hunter-by-trade Emma’s mission to track down the Maine moppets’ birth dad, before they are put into the foster care system.

“Since you can’t flash back to my life in fairytale land, because it never happened, they’re using Hansel and Gretel as they did Cinderella [in "The Price of Gold"] to reveal some of Emma’s backstory,” the actress explains. “So what Emma goes through to try and help these children ends up becoming very personal for her, as her own life [as a foster kid] is in a sense revealed.”

And while many a Buffyverse fan will be tuning in to see Caulfield camp it up as the blind witch, this time around, at least, we won’t meet her in Maine. “But everyone who is in fairytale land definitely has a Storybrooke counterpart,” Morrison notes. “Whether or not we see them immediately doesn’t mean they don’t exist.”

Speaking of MIA Storybrooke peeps, we asked Morrison if Emma might start to catch onto the fact that dearly departed Sheriff Graham — with whom the blonde beauty was striking a spark at the time of his very abrupt death — didn’t die of entirely natural causes.

“Probably not anytime soon,” she ventured. “But maybe eventually….”

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/once-upon-a-...sode-9-preview/

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Once Upon a Time: Jennifer Morrison Reveals "Mysterious" New Love Interest Is Coming!

Today 11:00 AM PST by Tierney Bricker and Kristin Dos Santos

To say we were upset over the death of Once Upon a Time's Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan), whom we once described as "the hottest TV sheriff to ever sheriff," is a bit of an understatement. Seriously, we're still wearing black and listening to Joni Mitchell on repeat. Due to our mourning, talking about Graham's death with the show's star Jennifer Morrison was on the top of our Kristin's to-do list at ABC's TCA party.

So how is Morrison feeling about the loss of the Hot Hipster Sheriff (may he rest in eternal hipster heaven)? Plus, is a new man coming into Emma Swan's life?

"I'm not happy about that, trust me!" Morrison tells us when we bring up (and complain about!) Sheriff Graham's death. "I'm like, 'Please send him back! Please send him back!'"

Morrison had nothing but kind things to say about her former co-star, calling him "a lovely, lovely guy." Also, he's not aware of his own hotness. (We had no idea he was blind!) "Jamie Dornan is one of those guys who has no idea how gorgeous he is," she gushes. "He's crazy in love with his girlfriend and a crazy talent and a great singer and a great actor; just a lovely, lovely human being. It kind of makes you want to throw up a bit, but in all the right ways!"

Though we're still mourning Graham's death, the show and Emma must go on. And what better way than to bring in a new love interest? "They do start to hint at someone who is literally called 'a mysterious stranger' for a long time."

The mysterious stranger will be played by Eion Bailey, whom Morrison calls "a lovely and very talented actor." Like Graham, the mysterious stranger may start buying into Henry's (Jared Gilmore) fairytale theory sooner than the other characters. "I think the mysterious stranger is one of those people who may be a part of that," Morrison teases. "He's going to have some knowledge that some of the other people in town don't have."

Check out our exclusive video interview with Jennifer above!

Once Upon a Time airs tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC.

www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kri...9#ixzz1jZK2Tz6B

www.megavideo.com/?v=B2EBIZYU

Edited by Aleki77 - 16/1/2012, 00:55

13. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (Aleki77 @ 15/1/2012, 17:31) 
    Morrison had nothing but kind things to say about her former co-star, calling him "a lovely, lovely guy." Also, he's not aware of his own hotness. (We had no idea he was blind!) "Jamie Dornan is one of those guys who has no idea how gorgeous he is," she gushes. "He's crazy in love with his girlfriend and a crazy talent and a great singer and a great actor; just a lovely, lovely human being. It kind of makes you want to throw up a bit, but in all the right ways!"

I had no idea that he had a girlfriend!

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

January 15, 2012 04:58 AM PST

Once Upon a Time's Jennifer Morrison Talks Hansel and Gretel, Graham's Suspicious Death

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8/7c), Hansel and Gretel are in for a not-at-all-sweet treat when they are lured into the home of the blind witch (played by Buffy alum Emma Caulfield) — while their Storybrooke counterparts, homeless waifs Josef and Ava, shed light on Emma’s own difficult childhood.

“This is actually one of my favorite episodes,” Jennifer Morrison says of bounty hunter-by-trade Emma’s mission to track down the Maine moppets’ birth dad, before they are put into the foster care system.

“Since you can’t flash back to my life in fairytale land, because it never happened, they’re using Hansel and Gretel as they did Cinderella [in "The Price of Gold"] to reveal some of Emma’s backstory,” the actress explains. “So what Emma goes through to try and help these children ends up becoming very personal for her, as her own life [as a foster kid] is in a sense revealed.”

And while many a Buffyverse fan will be tuning in to see Caulfield camp it up as the blind witch, this time around, at least, we won’t meet her in Maine. “But everyone who is in fairytale land definitely has a Storybrooke counterpart,” Morrison notes. “Whether or not we see them immediately doesn’t mean they don’t exist.”

Speaking of MIA Storybrooke peeps, we asked Morrison if Emma might start to catch onto the fact that dearly departed Sheriff Graham — with whom the blonde beauty was striking a spark at the time of his very abrupt death — didn’t die of entirely natural causes.

“Probably not anytime soon,” she ventured. “But maybe eventually….”

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/once-upon-a-...sode-9-preview/

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Talks "Once Upon a Time"

http://youtu.be/IwtuNaoeuwQ

CITAZIONE
    The "Once Upon A Time" star gushes over the success of her fairytale show. Plus, hear what's coming up later in the season!

140 replies since 15/10/2011, 05:56   8016 views