Once Upon a Time: Interview to Cast & Crew

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Josh Dallas charms in ‘Once Upon A Time’ but isn't as cookie-cutter as he seems

Danielle Turchiano, LA TV Insider Examiner 11/02/2011 7:56 AM

It has to be a tall order for any actor when they see the words “Prince Charming” on a character breakdown. And not simply a “Prince Charming” type , but an actual live action representation of a fairy-tale character. He must be handsome; he must be kind; he must be able to make young girls and young women swoon every time he comes on screen. But for Once Upon A Time ’s Prince Charming, Josh Dallas , it gets a little more complicated than that. It appears Prince Charming may be in the eye of the beholder because for Dallas, the guy he’s playing is just an “every man.”

“We’re going all the way back to the origins of Snow White and Prince Charming. We’re going to find out how they met; where they met; what his real name is; how he got the name Charming. We’re going to find out a lot of information of his backstory and how that epic true love was kindled,” Dallas previewed for LA TV Insider Examiner when we caught up with him in Storybrooke.

“You know, in fairytale land, it’s a place that’s visually very bright, where dreams can come true, and Storybrooke [is] darker; it’s gray; it’s colder; it’s a place where time has stopped and we’re all trapped there and no one has any memories and no one can get out.”

The show itself may deal in duality, but so do the characters. For Dallas, it isn’t enough to play fairy-tale land Charming and his currently comatose Storybrooke counterpart, though.

Ready to learn more than you expected to about Prince Charming??

“Storybrooke David is in some peril and in a coma. I will say that he’s not in it for long, and so we’re going to learn a lot more about him, and his story is yet to be discovered in Storybrooke,” Dallas shared, revealing “our world” Charming’s real name.

“Who he is, who his family is, what his maybe real or false memories are…You will find out, you know, and it’s what I’m finding out, too, as an actor, is finding out who this man is. Right now he’s very lost and confused…Who knows? Maybe there is even two princes…Maybe there’s even a prince and a pauper situation.”

This will make a lot more sense when you learn Charming’s real name in the fairy-tale land. If each person has a direct counterpart in each world, than we are missing another version of each man in each world. It is unclear as of yet just how and when that will all come to a head, but if it means we get double the double dose of Dallas, then we’re looking forward to that reveal most of all!

Dallas also revealed that family members will come out of the woodwork when David awakens. Some will claim to be a part of his past, with a draw to Mary Margaret ( Ginnifer Goodwin ), but not all will have pure intentions. Similarly, though, we will get to see his family on the fairy-tale side of things, starting with his dad, King George (guest star Alan Dale ).

“He is king of the kingdom, and the kingdom is ailing, and he needs some help. He goes to King Midas, and they make a deal, and King Midas says, ‘Well, if your son slays this dragon, I will take care of your kingdom. I will give you gold; I will give you riches; you will be taken care of.’ So he makes a deal with Midas for me to slay this dragon,” Dallas explained.

Many little girls dream of a handsome prince like Dallas coming into their lives and sweeping them off their feet, while little boys like Dallas just want the chance to pick up a sword and play the hero. Once Upon A Time is truly a dream come true for all in that regard, especially the actors who get to live out multiple fantasies through more than one complex character in the same show.

Once Upon A Time airs on Sunday nights at 8pm on ABC.

http://m.examiner.com/exLosAngeles/pm_7056...ntguid=vqVvcjKj

Edited by Aleki77 - 5/11/2011, 01:48

137 replies since 18/10/2011, 20:57   6848 views