House Series Finale: Will Lisa Edelstein, Jennifer Morrison and Olivia Wilde Return?

« Older   Newer »

1. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    http://tvline.com/2012/04/26/house-jennife...finale-cameron/

April 26, 2012 07:01 AM PDT
    House Exclusive: Jennifer Morrison Returning For Series Finale!

It’s a fairytale come true for Cameron fans: House grad Jennifer Morrison will make an appearance in the show’s rapidly-approaching series finale.

Although a Fox spokesperson declined to comment, TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress — who’s currently casting a spell on ABC’s Once Upon a Time — recently shot a cameo in the May 21 swan song.

Morrison, whose comeback was OK'd by current employer ABC, joins a growing list of Princeton-Plainsboro alums checking back in before the final curtain falls. As TVLine previously reported, Olivia Wilde (Thirteen), Amber Tamblyn (Masters) and Kal Penn (Kutner) are also set to appear in the episode, titled "Everybody Dies."

Morrison's doc was last seen in the Season 6 episode "Lockdown" when Cameron returned to finalize her divorce from Chase (Jesse Spencer), only to hook up with him one last time.

Thoughts? Are you more inclined to believe Hugh Laurie's assertion that the final episode will indeed be "uplifting?" Hit the comments!

http://youtu.be/qOi8N0tb9yk

Edited by Aleki77 - 26/4/2012, 16:17

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

WHAT? Just to see the House's death or for to die?

3. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Great news!! It would not have been right for Cameron to not be part of the finale somehow and I'm glad we'll get to see her one last time. I wonder if this is why Jen has been so silent on Twitter lately. She has the House finale surprise and all the stuff leading up to the Once season finale, she was probably scared of information leaking out too early, LOL ;)

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Report: Jennifer Morrison Will Return to House for Series Finale

Apr 26, 2012 11:35 AM ET
    by Lindsay Silberman

The whole gang is (almost) back together: Jennifer Morrison will return for the series finale of House, according to TVLine.

According to the report, Morrison, who currently stars on ABC's Once Upon a Time, recently shot a cameo for the Fox medical drama's final episode, "Everybody Dies." Fox declined to comment on the report.

Morrison, an original cast member, played Dr. Allison Cameron, one of the doctors on House's (Hugh Laurie) diagnostic team. She last appeared on House in the Season 6 episode "Lockdown," when Cameron returned to the hospital to get Chase (Jesse Spencer) to sign divorce papers.

Morrison will join fellow House alums Olivia Wilde (Thirteen) and Amber Tamblyn (Masters) — who separately confirmed they'd be returning for the May 21 episode. Kal Penn (Kutner) is also reportedly coming back for the finale. Original cast member Lisa Edelstein, who exited after the show's seventh season, is not expected to return.

Who else would you like to see in the series finale?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Report-Jennife...le-1046535.aspx

5. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about this, but I am so excited. I think this was the right thing to do on the part of everyone at House - for Jennifer and for the fans. Did I mention that I'm excited? :happy:

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison Back for House Series Finale!

26 aprile 2012 - 08:54 da Kristin Dos Santos

Dr. Cameron is in the House, y'all!

And that bad pun aside, House fans certainly have a reason to celebrate this morning, as a source close to production confirms that Jennifer Morrison (now starring on Once Upon a Time but formerly an integral cast member on House) is set to appear in the series finale.

So what are the deets?

They're being kept very secret, naturally. After all, this is the series finale (set for May 21), and the producers want the fans to be surprised. So promise us you'll gasp when you see JeMo onscreen?

A Fox spokesperson for the series declined to comment.

However, a source confirms the news (first reported by my frenemy at TVLine) that Morrison has shot a cameo for the series finale. I'm told it will be a brief but meaningful appearance, and that the finale was shot last week.

Yep, fellow fans, the show is officially out of production and the cast is moving on.

Anyone have some pain meds? (Kidding.) (A little.)

Stand by for more House scoop as the May 21 finale approaches. Kal Penn, Olivia Wilde and Amber Tamblyn are also set to appear. And we are still told that Lisa Edelstein will not.

Here's hoping Jennifer's new, fiery red hair will bring some fiery new flavor to Cameron! Jennifer did have her red hair as of last week, when the finale was shot.

http://it.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kris...4#ixzz1tAFroIoq

7. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (jennwithapen @ 26/4/2012, 18:24) 
    I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about this, but I am so excited. I think this was the right thing to do on the part of everyone at House - for Jennifer and for the fans. Did I mention that I'm excited? :happy:

I'm excited too :happy:

8. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Isn't there supposed to be an hour-long retrospective before the final episode, too? :huh:

9. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (comotion @ 26/4/2012, 16:55) 
    Isn't there supposed to be an hour-long retrospective before the final episode, too? :huh:

Yes, there is an introspective on the whole series and hopefully her appearance in the finale means she'll be included in the special too. :)

10. Tropic Shawn
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grande notizia!!!

Giusto che Cameron presente quando tutto è iniziato lo sia anche quando tutto finirà...

Ma realisticamente che ruolo pensate possa avere nella series finale?

11. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

for me cameron will be back in simple scene like a phone call with foreman... or the writers would show her in chief of an hospital :) I hope to not see her in a chameron scene again :(

12. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

some cameos havent been shot yet... ?

http://youtu.be/7sSY9b0Rve4

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

House Finale Casting Update: Jennifer Morrison 'Cameron' Returning For Final Episode: ENTV

http://youtu.be/aBiMHVsRw34

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

House Scoop: Will Chase Reunite With Cameron In Series Finale?

Matt Webb Mitovich

It’s the question that House‘s “Chameron” fans been asking ever since it was announced that Jennifer Morrison would return for the series finale airing May 21: Will Chase and ex-wife Cameron reunite?

Speaking with TVLine at the red carpet for NBC’s Upfront event, where he was representing his new drama Chicago Fire, Jesse Spencer revealed that, yes, he and Once Upon a Time‘s leading lady do share a scene — “briefly,” he emphasized. (Note: The photo accompanying this story is from Season 6.)

“A lot of people came back, actually,” the Aussie added, alluding to the previously announced encores by Olivia Wilde (who first shows up in tonight’s episode), Amber Tamblyn (as Martha Masters) and Kal Penn (Kutner, R.I.P.)

Spencer would not elaborate on the nature of the Chase/Cameron scene, only saying that the finale as a whole “is not going to be the happiest thing in the world” yet does serve up “an appropriately satisfying ending for longtime viewers.” And specific to his alter ego — who quit in last week’s episode and is not seen tonight — he enthused, “Chase has a final moment which I’m very, very happy that they approached.”

Turning to NBC’s Chicago Fire, Spencer describes his Lt. Matthew Casey as “a natural-born leader” and “good soldier” who reports to the characters played by Eamonn Walker (Oz) and Merle Dandridge (Sons of Anarchy). But good soldier or not, “You can’t get away from egos completely in those situations,” he notes. “These guys are called heroes, but at the end of the day people are people and egos abound.”

Chicago Fire will air Wednesdays at 10/9c, premiere date TBA.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/14/house-series-...ameron-reunion/

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Finale Preview: Hugh Laurie and the House Cast Check Out

by David Hochman

Hugh Laurie

After eight seasons and 177 episodes, House ends with an outbreak of poignant goodbyes. In the emotional run-up to the series finale — the episode, titled "Everybody Dies," airs May 21 at 9pm on Fox — each shooting day brought cheers, standing Os and misty-eyed send-offs. "A succession of daily memorial services, it was," as Hugh Laurie puts it. "Someone would yell, 'Hey, everybody, this is Omar Epps' last scene!' 'This is Jesse Spencer's last scene!' 'This is B camera operator's last scene.' The art director's. The sound technician's. It became hard to process all the finality."

It's amusing to imagine Dr. Gregory House himself in a situation like that. TV's greatest medical grump was never a group-hug kinda guy, and it's hard to picture House sweetly switching off the lights at Princeton-Plainsboro Hospital the way, say, Sam Malone did at the end of Cheers. Then again, TV has never known a character quite like House — charming yet sadistic, brilliant yet impossible and somehow a sex symbol even with the limp, the unshaven mug and the pockets full of Vicodin.

Laurie was an equally unlikely prime-time star. When he landed the role in 2004, he was a 45-year-old British actor known mostly for BBC sketch comedies and playing the dad in the Stuart Little children's movies. "I was perfectly content being a gypsy actor, or at least I thought I was," Laurie says. He soon found greater meaning barking out medical advice and insults with pitch-perfect American snark. (Colleague to House: "You're late." House to colleague. "You're fat.")

Ever the English gent behind the scenes, Laurie leaves the series like a rock star and, in fact, is spending his summer playing piano on tour with Copper Bottom, the actor's acclaimed blues and jazz band (he has no definite plans beyond that). TV Guide Magazine reported Laurie's final-season salary as $700,000 per episode, and he's been generously dispensing thank-you gifts, including replica House canes for everyone on the cast and crew. On the last day of filming, Laurie chartered a private jet — "like the one Led Zeppelin used," he laughs — and flew the production to an undisclosed location 26 minutes outside L.A. for the final shoot. "The flight attendant gave me control of the microphone so I could bid everyone farewell," Laurie says. "Then, frankly, there was more man-hugging than you want to know about."

What fans most want to know about is how House will end. The finale welcomes back some familiar faces, including Jennifer Morrison as Cameron, Olivia Wilde as Thirteen, Amber Tamblyn as Masters and Kal Penn as Kutner — as in the Kutner who killed himself in Season 5. "We want a concluding episode that feels like a summation in some sense, something that takes an overview," says David Shore, who created House in the image of his own lovably cranky self. "The ending is very personal to me, but it's tough to make a good series finale. They've failed more than they've succeeded. I hope people are satisfied, but the show has to end either way."

The truth is, it's ending right on time. House's ratings, which peaked in Season 3, have been on a slow, quiet slide (the show finished in 42nd place last season). Plus, only so many more patients can develop mysterious nosebleeds as House's medical team frets over chickpea allergies or possible Lupus (why is it always possible Lupus?). As Epps, who played Dr. Eric Foreman for eight seasons, says, "I've been thrown up on so many times I can't remember. I've seen all kinds of organs explode, all kinds of human ooze coming out of who knows where. Now if I'm out in a restaurant and someone goes, 'Is there a doctor here?' I basically try to hide." That's not always easy. Peter Jacobson, who's played Dr. Chris Taub since Season 4, says, "There was a guy at an airport recently who asked me to look at his wife's arm to diagnose something. People often joke, but I realized he was dead serious."

Who wouldn't want doctors like them, and especially like House, a no-B.S. diagnostician who solves every medical riddle in 43 minutes? Even Laurie worships the guy. "I spend my entire life apologizing, and House never does," he says. "It's been incredibly liberating playing him. He can be horrible, he can be jagged and awkward, but the character has a confidence in his abilities and opinions, and sometimes that's all you need."

Shore still remembers dreaming up House. "I wanted an anti-Marcus Welby," he says. "A guy who calls idiots idiots to their faces, and with a bit of Sherlock Holmes thrown in." Along the way were challenges, like maintaining the show's high standards. "That's what kept us honest," Shore says. "It never got easy. Putting House in an institution. That was difficult. Putting him in a relationship. Whoa! Throwing his entire original team out. That was dumb commercially, but it felt like an opportunity. We kept creating situations that asked, 'How is House going to react?'"

What's funny is how little House changed over the years. "You look at the pilot episode and it's all right there," says Robert Sean Leonard, whose Dr. James Wilson is the only true friend House ever had. "House wasn't delighting people in the beginning, and he's not doing it in the end. It's a weird formula for success, but we ended up liking House because House didn't need to be liked by anyone."

For more about the House series finale, pick up this week's issue of TV Guide Magazine, on newsstands Thursday, May 17!

www.tvguide.com/News/House-Series-Finale-1047527.aspx

29 replies since 9/2/2012, 03:59   5239 views