2013 - Event 15

« Older   Newer »

1. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oooh, Ooooh, Oh this is so optimistic. I do hope this movie gets released, and soon.
    Thank you ever so much, Aurore, for finding this and getting it out for us. ;) :D
    Now, what can you do to get it to the big screen?
    When I see this trailer, I think of Meg Ryan and Courage Under Fire.

2. Vadia555
        +1   -1

User deleted

I sure hope the movie gets good distribution. I can't wait to see it! The trailer also reminds me of Source Code (which I loved).

P.S. I'm new here -- HELLO. :)

3. HeatherC12
        +1   -1

User deleted

Hi Vadia555!! Welcome to the forum! :D

That trailer looks AMAZING. Wow! I love those thriller type movies like this one (not horror ones, just thriller ones!) and this one looks especially intense and action packed. I hope it gets released soon!! :wub:

BTW-Did anyone else hear news that they were going to show this at Cannes this summer or did I imagine that news??! :blink:

4. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

QUOTE (HeatherC12 @ 18/5/2013, 06:29) 
    BTW-Did anyone else hear news that they were going to show this at Cannes this summer or did I imagine that news??! :blink:

Mmmm, no, I didn't see it included in the Cannes lineup. I don't see this as being a "Cannes-type" of movie.

Also, welcome to the Forum, Vadia555. :)
    You will like it here.

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Vadia555 @ 17/5/2013, 23:40) 
    I sure hope the movie gets good distribution. I can't wait to see it! The trailer also reminds me of Source Code (which I loved).

P.S. I'm new here -- HELLO. :)

Hello Vadia555, welcome here! Please could you introduce yourself in I'm section? thanks a lot

6. Vadia555
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bankside Films held/is holding two "invitation-only, market premiere screenings" of Event 15 at Cannes on 5/17 and 5/18. I tried posting the link to the online RSVP for the screenings :woot: but kept getting an error. Anyway, I sure hope the early reviews are great!

7. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for this astute find, Vadia. This will give Event 15 some good exposure. Make sure to go to the "I'm" section on this Forum, as Aleki invited, so that we can all know some more about you. ;)

8. aurore
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

middle_zps592aefd6

9. tiuchis
        +1   -1

User deleted

Great pic!!! Thanks!!

10. aurore
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

jmoevent15still_zps1f9b6fdc

11. comotion
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

Another good picture and movie poster from Event 15. Thanks for finding these, Aurore. :)
    The choice of shooting these scenes in a mirror-sided elevator is most inspired. It couldn't have been easy to shoot, and it gives many different views of the participants -- thus keeping the viewing audience fully engaged.

I sure hope that the Cannes special engagement soiree for this picture got some needed involvement from distributors. :B):

12. Vadia555
        +1   -1

User deleted

Event 15 is a “found-footage psychological thriller,” according to this July 2012 article . . .

Kimberly Elise Shooting UK-Produced Found-Footage Psychological Thriller 'Event 15' (Pic)
    by Tambay A. Obenson
    July 6, 2012 6:46 PM

[I tried to insert the photo of the movie still here but keep getting an error message - sorry! It's an extreme closeup of Kimberly Elise/Blau's peering at something offscreen -- probably JMo in the elevator! -- V.]

“Sneak peak from movie I'm filming. A psych thriller #Event15”
    Words tweeted by Kimberly Elise just moments ago, which were accompanied by a photo, which you see above.

News to me that she's shooting a psychological thriller. The hashtag - #Event15 - helped, because I immediately searched for a film with that title on IMDBPro, and, sure enough, there it was. I then searched S&A and didn't find any past write-ups on it, so we obviously haven't covered it.

I did ask Ms Elise for more info, but of course she didn't reply. However, the little research I did was fruitful.

I learned that Event 15 is described as a tense, found-footage thriller, with a synopsis that reads:

Three soldiers get trapped in an elevator when terrorists set off a dirty bomb. But when White escapes, her world turns upside down as she realizes nothing is what it seems.

Starring alongside Kimberly Elise are Jennifer Morrison (she plays the lead protag), James Frain and Josh Stewart.

Elise plays a character named Blau, though it's not clear who that is exactly, and how involved she is in the narrative. But I'm anxious to find out.

Stephen Rider, who appeared in films like Safe House and The Great Debaters also has a role in this as a character named Diego.
    Event 15 is being directed by British filmmaker Matthew Thompson (this is his second feature); principal photography started late last month it appears.

We're due for an interview with Ms Elise, and we've been promised one, but it's just a matter of working out a time when it can happen. So stay tuned... when it happens, this is a project we'll obviously be asking her about.

It seems Kimberly Elise is playing a "watcher" whose name is Blau. "Blau" means "blue" in German, hmmm. So interested to see this movie!!

Hmmm...I wonder what significance the colors will have.

Event 15 is a 2013 Thriller film. Directed by Matthew Thompson, the film stars , Jennifer Morrison as White, Josh Stewart as Oldsman, James Frain as Andrews, Kimberly Elise as Blau (Blau= German for “blue”), Jude Ciccolella as General Black, Stephen Rider as Diego.

13. MelinaSM
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for all the information Girls!!!

14. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

new still:

799558jmoevent15a

15. MelinaSM
        +1   -1

User deleted

I can't wait for see this movie, i hope this movie is going to the movies!!

83 replies since 19/4/2012, 23:21   5964 views