Cameron and Chase Story

« Older   Newer »

1. comotion
        +1   -1

User deleted

Right on, Heather -- very good points all around. I think that the show "jumped the shark" well before Jennifer's departure. She had the determination and good sense not to succumb to what I feel were the producers' pressures to make her want to leave voluntarily. I read somewhere that, in the show's later years, she was making $65,000USD per episode -- an amount that I'm sure she isn't even close to getting on OUAT, so she had to stay in a reduced role on a fading show. At least Jesse got to stay on till the end and enjoyed a nice, steady income stream, while Jennifer had to scramble for whatever she could find.

When I watch this very good video, I think of the happy, early years and the their real-life romance. The heck with the show's contentious "ships." Team "Jessifer" was where the fun stuff happened. For me, it was the most sad breakup, but all the more reason to totally admire them as thoroughly professional actors who could still nail the intimate scenes (those that the formulaic writers would parcel out to their characters) that they did in seasons 4-6.

Anyway -- and this may be the only time that I wish to quote/paraphrase the N.Y. Times -- "Living well IS the best revenge," and Jennifer and Jesse are, by their successful and happy lives, doing just that. :D

9 replies since 27/8/2013, 04:25   356 views