House 6 season BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF AND DVD

Release AUGUST 31 2010

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Television's Favorite Irreverent M.D. Returns: 'House' Season Six

'Hugh Laurie is brilliant...' - David Hinckley, New York Daily News

AUGUST 31, 2010 COMING TO BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF AND DVD FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., May 19 /PRNewswire/ -- OVERVIEW: Get ready for a full dose of medical mystery when "House" Season Six comes to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and DVD on August 31, 2010 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment – the first season of this award-winning series to be presented on Blu-ray™. Hugh Laurie is joined by James Earl Jones (Star Wars), Laura Prepon ("That 70's Show") and David Strathairn (The Bourne Ultimatum) in guest appearances as he returns to his Golden Globe®-winning and Primetime Emmy® Award-nominated role as Dr. Gregory House. In this brilliant sixth season, House finds himself in an uncomfortable position – away from the examination room. As he works to regain his license and his life, his coworkers deal with staff shakeups, moral dilemmas and their own tricky relationships with House. Featuring an outstanding supporting cast including Omar Epps ("ER"), Olivia Wilde (Tron), Lisa Edelstein ("The West Wing"), Jesse Spencer (Uptown Girls), Peter Jacobson (Transformers), Jennifer Morrison (Star Trek), and Robert Sean Leonard, this must-own, five-disc collection includes all 21 Season Six episodes complete with hours of riveting bonus features, including an exclusive original short, behind-the-scenes interviews, episode commentaries and more!

BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO Blu-ray™ Hi-Def: Unleash the power of your HDTV with perfect picture and purest digital sound.

* BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers and more!
    o MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the series.
    * U-CONTROL:
    o A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO DIAGNOSTIC MEDICINE: A multi-disc picture-in-picture feature.
    * pocket BLU™: USHE's groundbreaking pocket BLU app uses iPhone™, iPod® touch, iPad®, Blackberry®, Android™, Windows and Macintosh computers to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player and offers advanced features such as:
    o Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
    o Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in their favorite episode.
    o Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there's a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
    o Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
    o Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray player with your device's easy and intuitive.
    * CRAZY COOL EPISODE: EPIC FAIL FEATURETTE: Features amazing visual effects from the episode "Epic Fail."

BONUS FEATURES (DVD and BLU-RAY™ HI-DEF):

* FEATURETTES
    o BEFORE BROKEN: AN EXCLUSIVE ORIGINAL SHORT: Featuring Hugh Laurie and shot on location with no script and no plan, experience House's emotional journey at Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital from an all-new up close and intimate perspective as originally envisioned by director/executive producer Katie Jacobs in a never-before-seen original short.
    o A DIFFERENT POV: HUGH LAURIE DIRECTS: Hugh Laurie does double duty as Dr. House and director of the episode "Lockdown."
    o NEW FACES IN A NEW HOUSE: A discussion about the challenges and opportunities that are presented when a show must hire more than 30 new actors to perform pivotal roles in an extremely important episode.
    o A NEW HOUSE FOR HOUSE: An in-depth feature highlighting the amazing Mayfield hospital set from the two-hour season premiere episode, "Broken."
    * FEATURE COMMENTARIES
    o BROKEN COMMENTARY with director/executive producer Katie Jacobs, writer/executive producer Russel Friend & writer/executive producer Garrett Lerner.
    o 5-TO-9 COMMENTARY with series star Lisa Edelstein and writer/executive producer Thomas L. Moran.
    o WILSON COMMENTARY with series star Robert Sean Leonard and writer/supervising producer David Foster, M.D.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – BLU-RAY™:

Street Date: August 31, 2010

Copyright: 2010 Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Selection Number: 61113015

Layers: BD-50

Picture Format: Widescreen

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Rating: Not Rated

Languages/Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles

Sound: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – DVD:

Street Date: August 31, 2010

Copyright: 2010 Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Selection Number: 61110990

Layers: Dual layer

Picture Format: Anamorphic Widescreen

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Rating: Not Rated

Languages/Subtitles: English SDH and Spanish

Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.

CONTACTS: Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Jennifer Black

Publicity Director

(818) 777-0546

[email protected]

SOURCE Universal Studios Home Entertainment

RELATED LINKS
    www.universalstudios.com

Share with del.icio.us Share with digg Share with Facebook Share with Google Share with Buzz it Share with LinkedIn Share with MySpace Share with MyYahoo Post this Story to Newsvine Share with Reddit Share with StumbleUpon Share with Twitter
    Blog it
    Blog About This News Release Blog with WordPress

WordPress Blog URL:

Blog with Tumblr It
    Blog Search
    Search Blogs that Mention this News Release Blogs Discussing this News Releases Bookmark with Twitter

Other News Releases in Computer Electronics
    Telestream Joins Major Industry Leaders to Offer Video Transcoding Support for WebM
    VeriSilicon Announces Support for WebM on ZSP Digital Signal Processor Cores and SoC Platforms
    Brightcove Announces Support for WebM Video Format for Adobe Flash & HTML5
    Other News Releases in New Products & Services
    Telestream Joins Major Industry Leaders to Offer Video Transcoding Support for WebM
    VeriSilicon Announces Support for WebM on ZSP Digital Signal Processor Cores and SoC Platforms
    Brightcove Announces Support for WebM Video Format for Adobe Flash & HTML5
    Journalists and Bloggers

Visit PR Newswire for Journalists for releases, photos, ProfNet experts, and customized feeds just for Media.

View and download archived video content distributed by MultiVu on The Digital Center.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/te...x-94242494.html

2. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

sono quasi sorpresa dalla presenza di Jennifer sulla cover del cofanetto della stagione 6 ... tanto più che la disposizione a triangolo, con House a un vertice e Cameron e Cuddy agli altri, fa quasi intendere che ci sia stato un triangolo ... meglio i grafici degli scrittori, anche se in effetti trasmettono un messaggio falsato.

grazie Vi

4. mvitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

oltre a... :please: che bello una nuova immy promozionale...

già..., dopo H, i personaggi più importanti sono le sue donne... nel web cam e cuddy, come JM e LE, come l'hameron e l'huddy sicuramente smuovono un discreto numero di fans e credo che alla fine entrambi i personaggi abbiano segnato fortemente le diverse ere del tf. wilson e RSL sono altrettanto importanti ma non tali da caratterizzare e dividere i fans, sono più che altro una delicata costante che a tutti piace e "non disturba".
    ad ogni modo i massimi avvenimenti della S6 si riassumono nei pochi minuti clou dell'addio di cam e della svolta di H con cuddy, tutto il resto è stato trascurabile -_- ;)

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Review – House: Season Six

By Brittany Frederick on September 14th, 2010

Our sneak peek of Universal’s recent releases continues with season six of the FOX medical drama House. Let’s take a look inside the next volume of happenings at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital…

The Show

I’ll admit that when it first started, I was a big fan of House. Midway through the first season, I was introduced to it by a friend and followed it all the way through season two. However, by mid-season three, the show had rubbed me the wrong way one too many times, and I bid adieu. I haven’t watched it since. When I got the chance to review this season, I wondered: had it changed? Was House still so insufferable that I could no longer root for him as the show’s protagonist? Was the show still having all the major female characters fall over him? Was it still carrying the soapy plotlines of who was lusting after or sleeping with who?

I’m sure what I’m about to say is going to annoy fans of the show, but in my eyes, it hasn’t much improved since I said goodbye to it years ago. Yes, Hugh Laurie is still an amazing actor, but the character of House just isn’t one I want to watch anymore. Between how the show put more and more emphasis on him being a bastard, and the constant amount of women who seem to implausibly drool over him (in this season, he sleeps with Franka Potente’s character in the two-part premiere, and by season’s end we’re set up for a House-Cuddy romance, after however long of House-Cameron and House-guest star flirtations), he just borders on ridiculous and off-putting more than anything else. I’m aware that he’s no saint or teddy bear, but there are limits. I was interested in watching the beginning of the season, as his struggle with his addiction finally came to a major head (addictionology is something I’ve studied for awhile), but past that, I just couldn’t bond with the character the way I had when I watched the show before.

This season also ends up entangled with the romance between Cuddy and Lucas (Michael Weston, who has the best name in entertainment IMO, being a Burn Notice fan), the seems-sudden collapse of the seemed-sudden marriage between Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) and Chase (Jesse Spencer), and of course, Cameron’s departure from the series when Morrison was let go. Fans had long suspected someone was going to leave when the show began to add new team members in Season Four, and Morrison was the first to go. (I don’t count Kal Penn since he left for his own reasons.) The medical cases don’t much deviate from the now-familiar formula of, as my friend Fred Topel put it, “diagnose them, but be wrong four times and then find the right one.”

All of that isn’t for me, nothing against the millions of people who have kept the show on the air this long. There are, however, strengths within all the mess. Hugh Laurie remains a great actor and writer, and he also directs (a featurette is devoted to that here). Lisa Edelstein has been a great actress since she was on Sports Night, though I fear she’ll always be called “the hooker from The West Wing,” and I was glad to have an episode (“5 to 9″) that focused on her when too many early episodes merely had her show up for one line and then leave. Andre Braugher is one of the best actors of my generation, and he turns up here as Dr. Nolan, House’s psychiatrist. Him and Laurie opposite each other is a great combination to watch. Unfortunately, the show itself turned me off awhile ago, and this season doesn’t get me to change my mind.

The DVDs

House‘s DVDs are set up much the same way as The Office, in the digipak with the cardboard slipcover. Here’s where things get a bit funky. Unlike The Office, where the digipak opened up and the content listings were right inside, House opens up differently. The front cover opens to expose the discs right away, and the content listings start on the interior flap…then continue to the back of the box. At least the information is clear and readable. Also, I hope no one has a needle phobia (then again, why would you watch a medical show if you do?) because on each disc is a big, giant needle.

Like The Office, the digipak layout does mean a bit of a problem in putting the discs back in. While they do come out easily when you push down on the plastic holder, putting disc two back in means you have to remove discs one and two and make sure they lay properly when inserting them.

Annoyingly, there are forced previews on the first disc, but you can skip them by hitting the “menu” button on your remote. The menus are clean and easy to navigate, and if you’re a fan of the show’s theme song (“Teardrop” by Massive Attack) like me, you may watch them for a few minutes just to listen to it.

Technically, the episodes are in 1:78:1 widescreen. There’s a Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track, with English and Spanish subtitles. House has always been a visually interesting show with the bright interiors of the hospital to look at, and the transfer doesn’t disappoint.

Those big, giant needles are creepy to look at, though.

The Special Features

This is the first DVD release I’ve reviewed where there are significant features exclusive to Blu-Ray. Aside from the BD-Live and pocket Blu functionality (the same as with The Office), where content can be viewed on your TV, computer or mobile device, House Season Six also sports a slightly juvenile-named piece called “Crazy Cool Episode: Epic Fail Featurette,” which focuses on the visual effects from that episode. I’m amused that’s the best title they could come up with.

Where House really scores is with the special features. I’m always delighted when these get cast members involved, because they’re the ones fans really want to see – they’re the ones we watch every week and the ones we want to meet, or hang out with, or punch in the face. However, all too often and for various reasons, that doesn’t happen, or the cast members that are scrounged together are minor ones. However, House has cleared that hurdle and then some with these features. They are:

* Before “Broken”: An original short put together by executive producer Katie Jacobs and Hugh Laurie, allegedly with “no script and no plan,” detailing House’s emotional journey in the psychiatric hospital. More Hugh Laurie is always a good thing. There’s a fairly sizeable explanation of the “concept reel,” as they call it, from Katie Jacobs before you actually get into the featurette itself, which is actually like a music video (as in there’s no dialogue, but music instead, and is more of a chopped series of scenes without context). It’s only just over four minutes long, including a slightly disturbing moment where House has to be physically hauled off by three orderlies. I wouldn’t call it as good as advertised, but as I said, more of Hugh Laurie is always a good thing.
    * New Faces In A New House: Focusing on the challenges that are involved when the show tried to bring to life the populace of Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital.
    * A New House For House: Showcasing the Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital set.
    * A Different POV – Hugh Laurie Directs: A featurette on Hugh Laurie’s directorial debut with the episode “Lockdown.” Yes, he acts, he writes, he sings and now he directs. Is there anything this guy can’t do?! I’m just surprised it took this long before he did it. It’s a great piece that goes from concept meeting to writer’s meeting to everywhere else, while Laurie is interviewed about the experience. They cover meetings I didn’t even know existed. If you didn’t realize that he was British (and some people still don’t know that), you’ll learn now!
    * Three commentaries with major cast and crew: “Broken,” with EPs Katie Jacobs, Garret Lerner, and Russel Friend; “5 to 9″ with Lisa Edelstein and EP Thomas Moran; and “Wilson” commentary with Robert Sean Leonard and producer David Foster.

Between four worthwhile featurettes and three commentaries, two of which have secured two of the three main stars of the show, this is a great package of special features. I beg the rest of the DVD world to sit up and take notice of this arrangement. If only they all came like this.

The Bottom Line

While I can’t with a good conscience recommend House as a series anymore, I can say that fans will be rightly thrilled with this release, which has a nice transfer and amazing special features. It’s well worth the investment for fans of the series, though casual fans may want to stick to a rental until you’re sure the show itself is something you want to own. However, if you’re a House fan, then this is definitely worth the pickup and hours of satisfaction will follow.

www.tvovermind.com/fox/house/review-house-season/30699

4 replies since 19/5/2010, 18:24   321 views