Discussion post mortem - recaps - reviews - clips - caps Photobucket

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother': Jennifer Morrison gives us Zoey 101

By Mikey O'Connell
    October 19, 2010 12:07 PM ET

If Jennifer Morrison somehow ends up being the missing piece of the "How I Met Your Mother" puzzle, the series sure is trying to lead us astray with an inauspicious start.

Not only was Zoey introduced passively (she just sort of sidestepped on screen), it turns out she's actually married -- which would make being Cindy's (Rachel Bilson) roommate a little difficult for her.

But there was zero speculation in "Architect of Destruction," so we'll defer the looming "Mother" matter for another episode.

Other lessons learned

* Ted (Josh Radnor) doesn't have the strongest fan base among "HIMYM" fans. We usually stand by him, but he's been a pretty big weenie lately when it comes to his career. First wavering in his decision to build the new GNB headquarters and then going back and forth about quitting -- just because a pretty girl doesn't think a landmark should be torn down? You're 30, Ted. Maybe its time to act with a bit more conviction.
    * Marshall (Jason Segal) and Lily's (Alyson Hannigan) sexual escapades in the pursuit of having kids is really becoming one of this season's more engaging plot points. And Hannigan's sound effect for her egg retreating into her fallopian tube, while sort of disgusting, was hilarious.
    * Speaking of sexual escapades, we sort of thought "Subway Wars" was quietly setting Robin (Cobie Smulders) up for a serious relationship with Max (Geoff Stults). Stults is too familiar for just a walk-on. But any long-term hope for the two of them evaporated with this episode. Robin can't end up with "the small penis guy." Prediction: they casually date for the better part of this season before jealousy gets the best of Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and they reunite. [Editor's note: "prediction" and "wishful thinking" are really interchangeable terms]
    * Barney needs something to work for, after all. Though they certainly are compensating for his lack of storyline with an exceptional barrage of one-liners. "Boobs?" "I don't recall saying snakes," "Asian girls love them some Jews," and "I want to fill a pillowcase with dead batteries and beat you with it," are all welcome additions to the catalog of Barney-isms.

Ok, we can't totally ignore Zoey. What did you think of her debut -- and is there any hope of her sticking around?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...s-zoey-101.html

25 replies since 19/10/2010, 04:41   875 views