HIMYM - S06e10 - Blitzgiving on air 2010, Nov. 22

Discussion post mortem - recaps - reviews - clips - caps Photobucket

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother Press Release: S06e10 - Blitzgiving

CITAZIONE

AFTER THE GANG SPENDS A CRAZY NIGHT WITH "THE BLITZ," AN OLD FRIEND WITH BAD LUCK FROM COLLEGE, TED IS FORCED TO SPEND THANKSGIVING WITH ZOEY, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, NOV. 22

Jorge Garcia ("Lost") Guest Stars as The Blitz

"Blitzgiving" - When Ted leaves the bar early to prepare a Thanksgiving feast for his friends, the gang winds up partying all night with The Blitz, an old friend from college who has bad luck. As a result Ted is forced to spend Thanksgiving with Zoey, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Nov. 22 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Jorge Garcia ("Lost") guest stars as The Blitz.

SERIES REGULARS:

Ted.............................................. Josh Radnor

Marshall........................................ Jason Segel

Barney................................ Neil Patrick Harris

Lily........................................ Alyson Hannigan

Robin ..................................... Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST

Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget

Zoey..................................... Jennifer Morrison

Carl................................................ Joe Nieves

GUEST CAST:

Steve (The Blitz)........................... Jorge Garcia

Girl.............................................. Audra Griffis

Babak...................................... Roger Narayan

Cabbie.................................. Craig Cackowski

Lady in Red................... Rachele Brooke Smith

WRITTEN BY: Theresa Mulligan Rosenthal

DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

GENRE: COMEDY

Source: CBS

All promotional still - Promotional still - Jennifer Morrison - Promo #1 - Promotional interview - Sneak Peek #1

Edited by Aleki77 - 23/11/2010, 13:30

2. jennwithapen
        +1   -1

User deleted

Maybe all the hype jinxed it, but this episode was not my favorite. I was not impressed with the acting or the humor. Natural History was sooooo much better in my opinion. Oh well. Looking forward to the next new episode now that Ted and Zoey are "friends." :wub:

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'm sorry people! I have collapsed last night, you'll see the video and the caps
    very soon, probably during the day :stanco:

'How I Met Your Mother' recap: A curse and forgiveness on Thanksgiving

November 22, 2010

Jorge Garcia (“Lost”) stopped by Monday night's Thanksgiving episode and was once again playing a cursed character. He was Steve, a college friend of Marshall (Jason Segel) and Ted's (Josh Radnor) who had the curse of the Blitz. Whenever he left the room, something really cool happened. After Ted revealed his plans to stuff a turkey with a smaller turkey, which he dubbed a turturkeykey, he got ready to call it a night and leave the bar. Marshall and the rest of the gang protested that he shouldn't leave early or he might become the Blitz. Ted said he didn't believe in the curse — gasps all around — and left anyway. Of course, the next morning he woke up to find the apartment a mess, his friends blissfully passed out and Zoey (Jennifer Morrison) in the bathtub.

It turns out after Ted left the bar, Zoey entered and the gang had a memorable evening hanging out with her, leaving Ted to become the new Blitz. There was a skateboarding dog. Robin (Cobie Smulders) danced on the oven. Zoey gave Robin KISS face makeup while she was asleep. And there was something with a top hat called The Gentlemen, which made me think of the creepy Gentlemen from “Buffy.” Unfortunately, except for the skateboarding dog, who nailed it every time when I visited the set, I had a hard time understanding what was so awesome about their adventures. I guess you had to be really drunk. Steve's missed moments — a naked coed, an unstoppable beer tap resulting in free beer — seemed much more worthy of those emphatic “Aw, man!” responses. The curse eventually got passed to Barney, who desperately tried to pretend everything was OK before going back to Steve at the episode's end.

Robin's dancing broke the oven, which meant Ted was on the hunt for a new place to cook his turturkeykey. After ruling out Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), Steve, and Lily and Marshall's places, Lily suggested going to Zoey's. She had extended an invite to them to come over for Thanksgiving. Ted was not pleased about this or that his friends were bonding with his enemy, but he relented. Zoey, however, seemed less unrelenting even after saying it was OK for Ted to come over too. The squabbling continued until Ted said that if Zoey was a cartoon character, she'd be Cinderella's evil stepmother. This hit a nerve, and Zoey kicked everyone out. In the cab, Ted pieced together the clues. Zoey was spending the holiday alone while her husband spent it with his daughter. A stuffed turkey with a note wishing Hannah a Happy Thanksgiving finally put it altogether. Her stepdaughter hates her and didn't want to spend the holiday with her.

“People don't stay enemies forever,” Ted told Zoey before they sat down to eat. Thank goodness because Ted and Zoey as enemies was starting to get old. They had such nice, easy chemistry when they first bonded over architecture in the season premiere. The continued antagonism just felt forced. But now the question is, will Zoey and Ted's friendship evolve into more? It was pretty clear in that first meeting that they were attracted to each other as people. And what about the Captain?

Although I didn't love this episode, there were highlights:
    — The continued heavy presence of sandwiches this season. Now combined with Weird Al's greatest hits and “Apocalypse Now.”

— Steve lamenting about all the nip slips, crotch shots, shooting stars and double rainbows he missed because of the curse. And of course, all the nods to Garcia's former gig on “Lost,” including him yelling out the numbers and this gem (and commentary on the series finale?): “I was on that island for what seems like eternity. I'm going to enjoy things on the other side.”

— Robin in response to the horrible smell at Lily and Marshall's apartment: “I think the smaller turkey tried to crawl further inside the bigger turkey.”

— Lily's inability to tell the difference among Renee Zellweger, Reese Witherspoon and Kate Hudson. I did not see “You, Me and Dupree,” but I'd want my money back too.

Readers, did any of the Blitz moments excite you? Are you glad Ted and Zoey have buried the hatchet? And what did you think of Garcia's guest spot?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...anksgiving.html

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother: 'Blitzgiving'; See you on another show, brother

We're really on a roll this year, huh?

A lot of people, myself included, have been comparing this season to the weaker ones, like four and five. I don't think this comparison is fair any more, as the show is quite clearly doing so well this year that it makes more sense to start ranking it with the big guns - aka, seasons 1 & 2. Sure, as Ted pointed out in last year's 'Doppelgangers', the characters and the show have changed a fair bit, as people and their shows do, but in a season where one particular long running comedy has become so dry and stale, it's a comfort to find new life in another one. I gotta say though - compared to last year's 'Slapsgiving 2', this was miles better.

I laughed a whole bunch of times during 'Blitzgiving', from the Tur-Turkey-Key - a word which got more ridiculous but also more funny as things went on - to the non-subtle Lost references from Jorge Garcia, who was so much fun as 'The Blitz', riding off the back of what I thought were one of his strongest seasons of 'LOST'. The idea of the blitz itself was really well executed, with lots of little 'Pineapple-incident'-esque things for the gang to remember (I particularly loved the payoff to 'The Gentlemen!'), and when what appeared to be Ted literally opening his mouth to pass the Blitz on to Barney I laughed a lot.

Obviously one of the focuses of this episode was to shift Ted's and our opinion on Zoey. She obviously warmed to him back in 'Natural History'(*), but I guess Ted just needed a little more time to warm to her. I think the 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' way in which Ted realised she had a heart all along was a little bit contrived - had Lily not stolen the Turkey toy they'd have all gone back to MacLarens and drank a bunch, and Barney would have probably ended up having sex with Zoey, knowing Barney. But you know what? It still worked - I could happily overlook that because the rest of the episode was so strong.

*I'm not saying they need to get to the Barney's Dad story right away, but it always confuses me on sitcoms when a big thing happens in a character's life and they put it to one side. Sure, it only happened two episodes ago, but in sitcom time, that's like a month. Surely he'd at least have opened the phone book by now?

Can I also make a fair assumption that Zoey is off the 'Mother' candidate list? With Ted and Zoey being 'friends', it seems a little weird that future Ted would later say, 'Oh no, that was your mom. Sorry, I completely spaced on that one.' I'm kinda glad - I much preferred the idea of Jennifer Morrison blending into the group for a while than Ted and Zoey being at each other's throats until her guest spot is up.

I watched the episode live last night - tut tut - so I'm quite tired still, and I'm up at silly o' clock in the morning so I could get this out on the blogosphere before having to get ready for college, so I'm going to leave it there before I make myself late. But for now..

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/how-i-met...l#ixzz166GRf9EE

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother - S06e10 - Blitzgiving
    clip #1 and #2

www.megavideo.com/?v=P0A0COGY

www.megavideo.com/?v=KZ6JFBRI

Edited by Aleki77 - 23/11/2010, 14:07

6. -ELY-
        +1   -1

User deleted

E vogliamo parlare dell'omaggione a Lost????

CITAZIONE
    Zoey: Ok Marshall, truth or dare?
    Marshall: Ok, well, Lilly doesn’t let me do truths, so dare.
    Zoey: Ok, I dare you to send a picture of your junk to a complete stranger.
    Marshall: Best idea ever!
    Zoey: Ok! Everybody shout out random numbers!
    Barney: Um
    The Blitz/Steve: 4 8 15 16 23 42!

7. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER “Blitzgiving” Review

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER “Blitzgiving” Season 6 Episode 10 – What did you think of tonight’s episode? The bar was set pretty high as How I Met Your Mother typically has epic Thanksgiving episodes (Slapsgiving anyone?). Add that to the fact that Jorge Garcia (or Hurley as I like to call him) is guest starring and I figured were were in for a classic episode of HIMYM. I was right.

Barney: I Loved watching Barney deal with being The Blitz (Aww Man!). My favorite moment with Barney as The Blitz was when the top hat flipped onto the Turkey which made everyone exclaim “The Gentleman”! Blitzgiving made me want to buy a top hat and play The Gentleman with a crowded bar. I was actually anticipating Barney to have a serious reunion with his father in “Blitzgiving”, but I guess that would have been too similar to last year’s Thanksgiving episode which featured Lily and her dad. I’m glad they kept it light this year.

Robin: I think I have a girl crush on Robin. Any girl that spends a big night out and then wakes up in full Kiss makeup is alright by me. I thought it was hilarious that she had a crush on the ‘wang guy’. That must have been a flattering text back.

Marshall: The above picture pretty much sums up why Marshall is so awesome. He’s always so enthusiastic. Like when Zoey dares to take a random picture of his wang and send it to a stranger. He didn’t even pause lol. I think if I had to pick one character to be locked in an elevator with from HIMYM it would be Marshall. Who would be yours?

Lily: My favorite Lily moment of the night was when she stole the Turkey from Zoey’s house (after a failed attempt to steal her scarf). The fact that Zoey got along so well with the girls made me think again that she would be good dating material for Ted. What do you think? Would Zoey make a good addition to the group?

Ted: My favorite story line of the night was the passing of ‘The Blitz’ curse with Jorge Garcia. I feel like Ted is typically the most down and out one of the group anyway so I thrilled when he passed the curse on to Barney. I caught two Lost references from Jorge (the ‘random numbers’ he came up with to phone Wang Guy and he also made a comment about living on an island). Were there any more? Based on the comments from last week, I agree we can rule Zoey out from being the mom Ted is supposed to meet his wife at the wedding. That being said, I still like the two of them together. They have something in my opinion.

So once again, HIMYM has set a high bar for itself for future Thanksgiving episodes. Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought of tonight’s episode of How I Met Your Mother, “Blitzgiving”!

http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/11/22/how-i-...content=Twitter

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Blitzgiving

By cmg42

How I Met Your Mother’s Thanksgiving episode may not have been as great as Slapsgiving but it sure did have its charm and was certainly and improvement from Robin Sparkles. This year we were delighted to meet the “Blitz”, a guy Ted, Lily, and Marshall knew from College. The Blitz was played by Jorge Garcia, you know Hurley from Lost. With his presence brought a ton of Lost related jokes, which may not have been very subtle but hey as a Lost fan, I thought they were great!

As I said earlier, The Blitz was a guy Ted knew from college, and every time he said he was going to call it a night, something awesome happened; in college the Blitz went home early for the night and the next thing Marshall and Ted know a naked girl walks into their room. Anyways because Ted ducked out early the night before Thanksgiving, he in essence became the next Blitz. He apparently missed out on an awesome night, which included the gang meeting Zoey and deciding that she was awesome and she ends up crashing at Ted and Robins place. Ted is not happy and things only get worse when his plans to have thanksgiving at his place get ruined (because Robin danced on the oven) and they end up having to have Thanksgiving at Zoey’s. This leads to Zoey and Ted fighting and him finding out that she didn’t get to go to Thanksgiving with her husband and his daughter. Ted feels bad and he makes up with Zoey and they all have a nice thanksgiving at her place. Oh and Barney becomes the new Blitz until the very end when Hurley becomes the Blitz again. I do hope we see him again because he did add for some great comedy!

OK sooo now back to that theory I had a few weeks ago about Zoey (you can find it here http://wp.me/pXz7O-4W.) My theory is that Zoey is NOT the mother but that she is related to The Mother. I have this weird feeling that Hannah, The Captain’s daughter, is going to end up being The Mother making Zoey the step mother in law. Why add her name in this episode if it isn’t going to be used later? They never mentioned if the Captain’s daughter was in the city or not, just that Zoey wasn’t invited. Its also been revealed that Kyle McLaughlin is going to be back next episode making my theory right that he does have a bigger role than just one episode. I honestly feel that he is inadvertently forming a relationship with his in-laws before meeting his daughter Hannah, who I bet just happens to live with a certain girl we met last year named Cindy.

Favorite moments last night

After Barney realizes he’s the Blitz:

Barney: You’re all the Blitz! I slept with that cute Indian girl that cuts my hair.
    Robin: What does that have to do with anything?
    Barney: Nothing I just forgot to brag about it before!

“You sent a wang out and got a wang back.”- Robin about Marshall sending a pic of his “wang” to a random number.

Barney: Robin! Robin! I will pay you to be the Blitz. A hundred dollars, no! Ten thousand dollars, no! Sixty bucks. What’s a lot of money to someone like you

After Zoey dares Marshall to send a picture of his Junk to a complete stranger:

Zoey: Alright everyone shout out Random numbers!|
    Steve:4 8 15 16 23 42 (which as you know are the numbers from Lost)- Hilarious!!!

“I was on that island for what seems like eternity. I’m going to enjoy things on the other side.”- Steve complaining about being the Blitz and how he was happy to not be it any longer but really it was a GREAT reference to Jorge Garcia’s previous gig on Lost. I was on the floor laughing after this one.

http://primetimewithcaroline.wordpress.com...23/blitzgiving/

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother Review: "Blitzgiving"

November 23rd, 2010 7:06 AM by Chris O'Hara

Jorge Garcia tried valiantly to make a memorable guest appearance, dropping gems such as Kraft and Croft night and double rainbows. Unfortunately, little worked.

The Lost references, like the use of the infamous numbers (4, 8,15,16,23, and 42), fell short and lacked punch, much like the nod to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, which followed the gang getting stuck in the Thanksgiving Day Parade.

To makes matters worse, Zoey was back. Ah, man!

There were a few moments worth noting, though:

Barney in the back of the cab as he tried to pronounce his driver’s name, “Babbaka.”
    Robin falling for Wang Guy based solely on a picture of his “junk.”
    Barney, completely out of context and clearly agitated, admitting to sleeping with the “hot Indian girl” who cut his hair simply because he had forgotten to brag about it earlier.
    The main question of the episode - can enemies ever be friends? - was a good one. It was no doubt a nod to Ted and Zoey getting together, but was this surprising to anyone? Zoey is unhappy in her marriage; not exactly a news flash, right? I mean, they shot Kennedy, too. The show’s creators used a typically festive and hilarious episode to weave their silly web of Ted’s wife a little further. What happened to Slapgsiving? I guess Marshall just put tradition on hold for a year?

As I watched yet another disappointing holiday episode (See "Canning Randy"), I’m sure I missed some legendary television moment on another channel. While I ended up feeling like I was the Blitz, I fear our beloved show might find itself sacked if it keeps dishing out stuffing like this week’s episode.

The best part of Thanksgiving is leftovers, and while I won’t be going back for seconds of this episode anytime soon, there were a few tasty quotes to give thanks for and revisit:

CITAZIONE
    Ted: Who canceled, your coven?
    Steve: Coven, group of witches, boom!

CITAZIONE
    Zoey: Barney was here? I was walking around half naked.
    Barney: Aw Man! Wait which half?

CITAZIONE
    Lily: It's a booma-wang.
    Robin: Nice,
    Lily: Thanks.
    Robin: No I meant the wang.

CITAZIONE
    Barney: Robin! Robin! I will pay you to be the Blitz. A hundred dollars, no! Ten thousand dollars, no! Sixty bucks. What's a lot of money to someone like you?

CITAZIONE
    Robin: I think the smaller turkey just tried to crawl further inside the bigger turkey.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2010/11/how-i-met...ew-blitzgiving/

10. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

cute, funny and cute ep. Zoey is more interesting than before and I love the party-girl side of her. I also like to see the usual Ted caring for her :heart:

TPTB are building a character step by step... probably they want to make Zoey The Mother or to integrate Zoey in the gang. we'll see.

still needing the real romance with Ted :shifty: come on!!!

PS I love the Lily/Zoey moments, a great good friendship has began!

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

HIMYM: Catchin’ the Blitz

November 23, 2010 at 10:11 pm

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: 6.10 “Blitzgiving”

Hi there, Raked here with her own thoughts on How I Met Your Mother this week. I couldn’t help but wrestle it away from KT once I found out that Hurley was going to be on it. I mean, I devoted a few months of my summer to watching the complete series of Lost, so I miss my cast. It’s refreshing to see him again (and not some of the more whiny folks…but I digress).

It’s funny. For some reason, I can hardly bring myself to remember that this was a Thanksgiving episode. Perhaps it was because very little of it revolved around turkey. More so, it revolved around finding a table (and a working oven…something I wouldn’t mind myself) and the eventual friendship of Ted and Zoey.

What about Ted and Zoey? I do admit. I enjoy seeing Jennifer Morrison in something different than the scowl she eventually took on during her role as Cameron on House (I miss the dark-haired, chipper Cam), but the Zoey-centric episodes aren’t thrilling me. Perhaps it’s because here’s yet another girl that Ted is revolving episodes around that we know is not the mother. Ok, I guess they haven’t really told us she’s not the mother, but since they haven’t ended the episode with, “And that’s how I met your mother,” it’s a pretty good guess.

The idea of the Blitz was creative–and for that matter, relatable. Who hasn’t left a group of friends, only to discover that they missed some great part of the evening? The mist element going in and out of their mouths was very Hush and appropriate in the sense that HIMYM likes to put these quirky things in. However, the actual scenes of what Ted missed (and later what Barney missed) were just ho hum in my eye. I guess I would have much rather felt Blitzed myself, not knowing but just hearing the private jokes that I just didn’t get. Then, revealing the first real moment of being part of the group when the hat landed on the turkey.

Now, for Blitz himself–or Steve–I did enjoy his presence. It didn’t feel forced, which is an achievement in and of itself since TV has way too many guest stars nowadays. And honestly, my favorite part? Well, that was the Lost joke, when he said he was tired of being the Blitz and didn’t want it back: “I felt like I was on that island for eternity. It feels so good to be on the other side.”

Overall, not the best, not the worst, but certainly improved by the presence of Jorge Garcia. Now, can we get back to searching for a certain mother now?

http://raked.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/himy...chin-the-blitz/

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

HIMYM - S06e10 - Blitzgiving

Caps HQs - part 1

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Edited by Aleki77 - 25/11/2010, 09:05

13. pandora1308
        +1   -1

User deleted

Thanks for the caps! She was so funny in the episode. Love the banter between her and Ted. Hilarious :D

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Caps HQs - part 2

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Edited by Aleki77 - 7/12/2010, 20:41

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Caps HQs - part 3

Edited by Aleki77 - 8/12/2010, 01:04

15 replies since 8/11/2010, 21:21   1109 views