HIMYM - S06e15 - Oh Honey on air 2011, Feb. 7

Discussion post mortem - recaps - reviews - clips - caps

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother Press Release: S06e15 - Oh Honey

CITAZIONE

TED REALIZES THAT HE HAS FEELINGS FOR ZOEY AND BARNEY MAKES A MOVE ON ZOEY'S COUSIN, HONEY,
    ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, FEB. 7

Grammy Award-Nominated Artist Katy Perry Guest Stars as Honey

"Oh Honey" — When Zoey fixes Ted up on a date with her cousin, the gang resorts to calling her "Honey" after learning how naive she is. Meanwhile, Ted calls an intervention on himself after having an epiphany about his feelings for Zoey, and Barney gets acquainted with Honey in Ted's place, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Feb. 7 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Grammy Award-nominated artist Katy Perry guest stars as Honey.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Ted Josh Radnor
    Marshall Jason Segel
    Barney Neil Patrick Harris
    Lily Alyson Hannigan
    Robin Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST
    Narrator Bob Saget
    Judy Suzie Plakson
    Zoey Jennifer Morrison
    Marcus Ned Rolsma

GUEST CAST:
    Honey Katy Perry
    Mrs. Matson Rene Taylor

WRITTEN BY: Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, co-creators and executive producers
    DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

Source: CBS

BTS promotional still - All promotional still - Promotional still - Jennifer Morrison - Promo #1 - Promo #2 - Sneak Peek #1 - BTS Clip

Edited by Aleki77 - 3/2/2011, 00:56

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ho bisogno di vedere nuovamente questo episodio, ma è stato intenso, divertente ed emozionante come non mi capitava da tempo e soprattutto è stato innovativo! La narrazione attraverso le chiamate a Marshall è stata una genialata che mi ha sorpreso e coinvolto tantissimo! Bravi questi scrittori che sanno anche reinventarsi.

Jennifer Morrison in How I Met Your Mother
    HIMYM - S06e15 - Oh Honey on air 2011, Feb. 7

Clip 1

www.megavideo.com/?v=KOT482TH

Clip 2

www.megavideo.com/?v=T3BZWZMJ

Edited by Aleki77 - 8/2/2011, 05:13

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Clip 3

www.megavideo.com/?v=Q5FN1693

Clip 4

www.megavideo.com/?v=O4A21Q0L

Edited by Aleki77 - 8/2/2011, 05:47

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

The amazing white outfits of Zoey in this episode of How I Met Your Mother

Some quick caps of the first kiss between Ted and Zoey

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Edited by Aleki77 - 8/2/2011, 06:50

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother' review: Katy Perry was a Honey, and Jennifer Morrison just as sweet

by Ken Tucker

Katy Perry may have been the guest-star attraction on this week’s How I Met Your Mother, but this nicely intricate episode shifted the focus away from her to focus on Jennifer Morrison’s recurring Zoey.

Indeed, Perry was used as bait for both viewers and for the show’s characters. Playing Zooey’s “hot cousin” known only to us as “Honey” (because her ditzy gullibility inspired Marshall to say, repeatedly, “Oh, honey!”), Perry wiggled and batted her eyes and played a very funny scene with Neil Patrick Harris’ Barney, totally buying into the romantic con-man’s claims that, among other things, he has four Nobel Prizes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV-mK-ASVMI

But the half-hour was really about Ted’s crush on Zooey, and how being in love with a married woman affected all of the show’s characters. One of the consistent charms of How I Met Your Mother is that, while the show talks a nice game of naughtiness (Barney, of Ted, re Honey: “He fell on his sword so she could fall on mine”), the series has a moral center about the notions of friendship, commitment, and loyalty.

HIMYM continues to make the aftermath of the death of Marshall’s father believable rather than just a plot point to flee from for the safety of comedy. In fact, the episode hinged upon the idea that we heard about the Ted/Zooey dilemma via phone calls to Marshall, who’s still with his remaining family in Minnesota. (Jason Segel plays the scenes with his mother and brother with lovely exasperation.) In a cross between Rashomon and the kid’s game Telephone, we heard and saw a series of misunderstandings between the pining Ted and the married Zooey.

Jennifer Morrison also gave a wonderful performance this night. Every time I see her now, I think that she was suppressing comic-romantic talent behind the grim mask of Cameron on House. It was fun to see her and Perry work their charms on the HIMYM cast, and to see the cast respond with typically adroit skill.

What did you think of this week’s How I Met Your Mother?

Twitter: @kentucker

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2011/02/07/how-i...#comment-201879

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Aleki77

@jenmorrisonlive I hope that the color choice was not random ❤
    13 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/Aleki77/status/34875664721121280

CITAZIONE
    jenmorrisonlive

@Aleki77 all of the color choices were inspired by the color names in the clue game. For example, ted wore purple for professor plum.
    2 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/jenmorrisonlive/...877764406349824

7. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

love the white dress with black buttons!!! a kiss? the kiss? woOow, can't wait to see it!!!

thanks Aleki!

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

ALL episode is on line :D you must see very VERY soon this episode! it's stunning!

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother': Katy Perry cameo outshone by Eriksen‎ family

By Mikey O'Connell - February 7, 2011 9:22 PM ET

Katy Perry has entered the pantheon of pop songstresses to grace an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" -- and though she earns high marks for playing Zoey's (Jennifer Morrison) dim cousin, "Honey," she hardly steals the show.

That honor goes to Marshall's (Jason Segel) mother Judy (Suzie Plakson) and brother Marcus (Ned Rolsma).

As is the case with most good "HIMYM" offerings, the story is told via gimmick. The gang relaying events to Marshall over the phone, while he lingers in Minnesota after his father's funeral. Slightly relapsing into his Midwestern childhood persona, Marshall politely answers every call "Eriksen residence" and contends with his mom and brother eavesdropping on all of his conversations.

Honey, and her stupidity, are the catalyst for these conversations, but the real story is that Ted (Josh Radnor) has finally realized his feelings for Zoey. And Zoey has finally realized her feelings for Ted.

These feelings don't work for Ted, because he is noble, and Zoey is married. But instead of admitting it to Zoey, he de-friends her by saying that Lily (Alyson Hannigan) hates her. Lily passes the buck to Robin (Cobie Smulders) and so on...

While all this is happening we learn, through the naive Honey, that Zoey is actually getting a divorce from the Captain. This opens the window for making out!

Nemeses no more, Zoey and Ted have officially partnered off -- so now, more than ever, it seems clear that she is not the mother. So let's see how quickly this plays out.

One thing we're not ready to let go of is the renewed focus on Marshall. And with his dad out of the picture, we'd like to make a formal request that the rest of his family up their appearances.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...sen-family.html

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Recap: 'How I Met Your Mother' 'Oh, Honey' with Katy Perry & Jennifer Morrison

February 08, 2011 09:50 AM EST
    by Elizabeth SanFilippo

Future Ted doesn’t always narrate How I Met Your Mother. In the case of season six, episode 15, “Oh, Honey,” the show actually takes a clever turn. Marshall (Jason Segel) is still with his family in Minnesota, and he’s fielding all sorts of calls--and stories--on the latest HIMYM.

Jennifer Morrison returns to How I Met Your Mother

It’s been a couple months since Zoey (Jennifer Morrison) hung out with the gang, but there’s a reason why. But that’s not the focus of the episode. Rather, it’s all about Ted’s (Josh Radnor) feelings for Zoey. He’s fallen in love with her, which is why he turns down sex with Zoey’s cousin Honey, played by guest star Katy Perry. Honey, in fact, went home with Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris).

Not surprisingly, this story doesn’t match the story Barney tells to Marshall over the phone. But again this second-version of the truth isn’t the focus of the episode.

Ted ends his friendship to Zoey

Ted knows it’s wrong to be in love with someone who is married, so he sets up his own intervention, a classic reference to past How I Met Your Mother seasons. Yet, the gang likes Zoey; Robin (Cobie Smulders) tells Ted to just ignore his feelings.

Yet, it turns out Zoey filled Ted’s fridge with ketchup, so he decides he needs to tell her the truth... or just wuss out. He says they can’t be friends because Lily (Alyson Hannigan) hates her. So ensues a string of phone calls in which Marshall learns that each one of the HIMYM friends told Zoey that someone else hates her.

The Eriksen family puts things together

Throughout all these How I Met Your Mother phone calls, Marshall’s mom (Suzie Plakson) and brother Marcus (Ned Rolsma) keep picking up the phone and offering their two cents. When Barney tells his version of the story, he says something weird happened. He ran into Zoey at a GNB protest and tells her that he went home with Honey, not Ted. Zoey hugs him. “Zoey’s in love with Ted!” Marcus declares.

Marshall doesn’t believe it at first, until he hears from Lily that Zoey has been going through some rough stuff. Honey then calls Marshall--Barney left his disposable phone in her apartment--and Marshall realizes just how gullible she is. He convinces her that he’s Zoey’s therapist.

In doing so, Marshall learns the truth. Zoey and the Captain are getting a divorce.

But, wait. What really happened between Barney and Honey?

As all HIMYM fans know, Barney has his own version of the truth. On “Oh, Honey,” that’s no different. Sure, he asked her “who’s your daddy?” But then she asked him the same and it set Barney off. Turns out his dad hasn’t contacted him since Barney wrote him a letter. Oh, gullible Honey believes that Barney deserves better. After all, he’s accomplished so much, from owning an airline, winning four Nobel prizes, and playing for the Yankees. Oh, Honey.

Marshall helps Ted and Zoey

This How I Met Your Mother episode relied on phone calls to Marshall, and that didn’t change in the end. Marshall calls Zoey and tells her how Ted feels. Then he does the same with Ted. So few words are needed, and it’s still an amazing aww HIMYM moment.

But is Zoey the “mother”? Only time will tell. Until then, expect to see plenty more of Jennifer Morrison on How I Met Your Mother as the relationship between Ted and Zoey finally starts off.

What did you think of HIMYM “Oh, Honey”? Did you like Katy Perry as a guest star? How did you like the format of this episode with Marshall as the link between all the friends? Share your thoughts below!

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticl...281474979030872

11. Irrational24
        +1   -1

User deleted

Oh Honey ! :D

The episode was so funny :D
    (All the scenes with Katy Perry were like :lol:, particularly the ones with Barney. I laughed all along the scene when Barney talked with Honey about his father :lol:)

And of course Jen was brillant and so lovely in her white oufits :heart:

I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous of Ted right now ! :D

Can't wait to see next episode !

12. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    himymprod
    Lotsa ?s re: wardrobe colors. M was playing Clue, so Ted = Prof. Plum, Zoey = Mrs. White, B = Mr. Green, Honey = Miss Scarlet!
    4 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/himymprod/status/35040984853123072

13. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

I loved this episode
    finally Ted and Zoey are together ! it's about time !!
    the kiss :heart:
    she's so beautiful in white (love the white dress with black buttons too)

I read some comments and more people likes her now :D

14. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

I'm happy for the good reviews, I hope to see it tomorrow and have the same good feelings :)

15. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

I do not like this review and especially those who wrote it, but I think it can be an example of how many people have changed their views on Zoey (and even on Jennifer Morrison) after watching this episode.

'How I Met Your Mother' Review: Say It Ain't Zoey

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Meghan Carlson
    Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Anyone who's been reading my How I Met Your Mother reviews this season knows my feelings about Zoey (Jennifer Morrison), but for those who are new around here, allow me to summarize:

* She's annoying.
    * She's an annoying wet blanket.
    * She's an annoying hypocritical wet blanket.
    * She wears too many hats and it makes me think she's hiding something.
    * She's an annoying hypocritical wet blanket who pouts like a spoiled she-baby.

And yet ... last night's Zoey-centric episode, "Oh Honey," was one of my favorites of the season, and the big development at the end of the episode (spoilers below) didn't bother me as much as I thought it might. Let's talk about why (and hear your thoughts!) below:

"Oh Honey" was classic How I Met Your Mother fare, using multiple time and location-shifts, with Ted as our ever unreliable narrator, to tell and retell the story of when Zoey set up Ted with her clueless cousin, "Honey," played by Katy Perry. Along the way we were treated to lots of fun and funny little moments with Marshall still home in Minnesota, acting as our audience stand-in as Ted, Lily, Robin, Honey and Barney all took turns calling him to give him different pieces of the Clue-like Ted-Zoey puzzle.

(Speaking of Clue, which Marshall mentions he's been playing endless games of against himself, setting up his role as the detective in this tale: Check out just how detailed the Clue homage was! Those HIMYM writers are just too clever for their own good.)

Despite constant interruptions from his mom and brother--his brother actually serving as a poetic Watson to Marshall's Sherlock, as it were--Marshall was able to piece together the big revelation of the episode, and the one we need to discuss: Zoey is getting a divorce from the captain, and she and Ted are in looooove with each other.

Sidenote: On a macro level, I thought the writers used Katy Perry's stunt casting as well as they possibly could, harnessing her Barbie-like voice and mannerisms for the "Honey" character, letting her get fairly involved in the plot without asking too much of her, and allowing her to play mostly against their two strongest comedic actors in the cast, Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Segel.

Back to Zoey: As we've established time and again, we know she is not the Mother. (She's not Rachel Bilson's roommate; she wasn't in Ted's Econ lecture; and once we heard future-Ted ask the kids, "Remember Zoey?"--not a question you'd ask your children about their mother.)

But her proven non-Mother-dom doesn't necessarily mean that a relationship between Zoey and Ted is useless. In past seasons we have seen Ted's girlfriends come and go, and each one seems to help him creep, ever so slowly, toward meeting the love of his life. With their constant promises that season 6 will move the gamepieces, Bays and Thomas must have a larger plan for Zoey and Ted to make this long, drawn-out "Will they or won't they?" thing have a point. With so much other movement happening on HIMYM--Marshall's dad dying, Barney looking for his, Robin's new job, Marshall and Lily's baby-making--I'm more than willing to wait it out when it comes to Ted's search for true love. If Ted wants to mess around with a woman who hasn't even signed her divorce papers while all those other plots play out ... sure. That could be fun to watch develop (and inevitably implode).

Unfortunately, my main problem with Zoey stands, despite her efforts last night to woo Ted, and us, with ketchup: I still don't like her, nor do I like her and Ted together. Only on TV and in movies do characters who begin by fighting so much ever end up madly in love--and they also end up annoying the crap out of me in the process. I still don't even understand why Ted is so smitten with her in the first place. It's going to take a lot of work to convince me that she's worth our time or affection--and until then, I will continue to doubt that she's worthy of Ted's, either.

Still, I thought "Oh Honey" was a pretty solid half-hour of How I Met Your Mother, and the ketchup thing makes me warily hopeful that Zoey might not be quite as humorless as she's been portrayed so far. Maybe the gang will be a good influence on her. And hey, if Robin, the coolest chick on TV, likes her, maybe I should give Zoey another shot.

What do YOU think?

* Do you like Zoey?
    * Do you like Ted and Zoey as a couple?
    * What did you think of Katy Perry's guest spot?
    * Did you love Marshall's Clue references and Barney's The Wire "burner" references?
    * Where could all this be leading in relation to the Mother?

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/how-i-met-...ew-s-39318.aspx

28 replies since 29/1/2011, 00:36   2526 views