HIMYM - S06e17 - Garbage Island on air 2011, Feb. 21

Discussion post mortem - recaps - reviews - clips - caps

« Older   Newer »

1. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.17 - Garbage Island - Press Release

CITAZIONE

MARSHALL BECOMES OBSESSED WITH SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT AND TED RUNS INTO ZOEY'S EX-HUSBAND, THE CAPTAIN, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, FEB. 21

"Garbage Island" - After Marshall sees a documentary about garbage, he becomes fixated on saving the environment. Meanwhile, Ted runs into Zoey's ex-husband, The Captain, and Robin forces Barney to admit he has feelings for Nora, the girl who made history as his first Valentine's Day date ever, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Feb. 21 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Nazanin Boniadi ("General Hospital") guest stars as Nora.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Ted.............................................. Josh Radnor
    Marshall........................................ Jason Segel
    Barney................................ Neil Patrick Harris
    Lily........................................ Alyson Hannigan
    Robin ..................................... Cobie Smulders

RECURRING CAST
    Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget
    The Captain........................... Kyle Maclachlan
    Zoey..................................... Jennifer Morrison
    Arthur....................................... Bob Odenkirk
    Wendy.................................... Charlene Amoia

GUEST CAST:
    Nora...................................... Nazanin Boniadi
    Meeker..................................... Daniel O'Brien
    Food Guy................................. Edward Flores

WRITTEN BY: Tom Ruprecht
    DIRECTED BY: Michael Shea

source: cbs

All promotional still #1 - All promotional still #2 - Promotional still - Jennifer Morrison - Promo #1 - Sneak Peek #1 - Extended Preview - Behind the scenes

Edited by Aleki77 - 22/2/2011, 01:47

2. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

This episode has destroyed every my single hope for the future!!!!!!!!

3. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother' recap: Have you met Ted...'s mustache?

By Mikey O'Connell

No, we never really thought she was, but the hidden message in "Ted Mosby is a Jerk" planted a seed we've thus far never been able to forget.

But gray-templed future Ted runs into her in 2021, and -- can you imagine? -- it prompts a funny little story about things happening nowadays, namely how Ted manages to confront the Captain (Kyle MacLachlan) over stealing his wife and how Marshall (Jason Segel) finally starts to get his act together about pursuing environmental law. Also? Robin (Cobie Smulders) and Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) argue over his obvious feelings for Nora and Lily(Alyson Hannigan) is feeling the ill effects of not having sex in... exactly 5 weeks and 3 days.

Oh, and poor Zoey (Jennifer Morrison) definitely isn't the mother either.

Barney
    After his laser tag date with Nora, Barney insists that he's written her off for not sleeping with him. But his facial tics and noticeable bliss at the very mention of her name reveal that he's quite smitten. He spends the episode comically fighting the urge to call her before finally giving in.

Robin
    Continuing to suffer from a lack of story, Robin has nothing better to do than play wing man to Barney in is reluctant courting of Nora by forcing him to confront his feelings and making sure he calls her back. She also hasn't had sex in an even longer time than Lily. Barney tries to get her to break her dry spell with him, and her lack of enthusiasm makes us sad. We miss their love!

Marshall
    Back in New York but by no means over his post-paternal crisis, Marshall finds comfort in a documentary about "Garbage Island," a mass of trash in the ocean that prompts him to try and make both McLarens and GNB go green. This brings him two new enemies with Wendy the Waitress (who throws her back lugging disposing of the bars recycling) and Meeker (his co-worker who loses his job after supporting Marshall's expensive environmental plan for the company.) Lily's also not too fond of Marshall right now, mostly because all of her sexual advances towards her husband go ignored.

He finally admits that he's disappointed that his father died only knowing his son as a corporate lackey and admits that his reluctance to enjoy the marital bed is because he's now hesitant about having children before his career is in order. They agree to hold off on the baby-making while Marshall focuses on getting a new job.

Lily
    Hannigan spends the bulk of this episode in heat, stealing touches from her husband when she can and giving him the same eyes most people reserve for cheeseburgers. She remains an unsung genius of physical comedy.

And then there's Ted, who sort of wins this episode for being naked and mustachioed in a hilarious fantasy sequence and for just being there during all of the Captain's scenes. Zoey makes her new boyfriend go to her old home to pick up a box of things. The Captain sidelines him and forces him into the study to join in the speculation about the cad who stole his wife away. (He doesn't know!) Through their awkward interaction, Ted comes to understand (and accept) that no matter how he paints it, he was the other man in the destruction of the Captain and Zoey's relationship. He briefly considers letting the Captain's doorman taking the fall for the emotional infidelity ("Maritime protocol demands physical retribution!") but admits that he's now dating Zoey during a quick exit. Is this the last we've seen of the Captain? It pains us to even think such a thing.

Our final glimpse at future Ted reveals two tantalizing nuggets of mother-y info.

1.) Zoey, as we've come to accept, is not the mother. Future Ted tells Future Wendy the Waitress that they're not together anymore.

2.) This wedding probably isn't Punchy's. We realize that Ted already has best man duties lined up, but there's no reason Marshall would be there too, let alone in a tux. Things could be headed in a very serious direction for Barney and Nora.

It's hard to think about it now, but we're not that far off from the end of the TV season. "Garbage Island" marks episode 17 of 24. And 24 will almost certainly bring with it at least a few more details on these ambiguous nuptials. So let's kick our speculative minds into a higher gear.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/20...s-mustache.html

4. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother 6.17 "Garbage Island" Review

By Lauren || Filed February 21st, 2011

Tonight’s How I Met Your Mother starts with future Ted of 2021 stuck in the Hong Kong airport and through a flashback to present day marked the return appearance of the Captain, the start of Marshall’s eco adventure and Barney admitting he actually (gulp) likes Nora.

Oh yeah, Ted and Zoey were still together at this point too.

The best part of tonight’s episode was again all Barney. He spent much of the episode denying his feelings for Nora but Robin, always knowing better, finally got him to make the call for a second date. The boy has got a big smile for his tiny laser tag partner.

His persistent denial was adorable and hilarious. Yet, when Barney offered to throw Robin a bone to break her dry spell and Robin asked for one back in an attempt to get him to admit his feelings, I found myself wanting them to get back together or at least, ya know, “pork.”

Marshall, meanwhile, was ignoring the many sexual advances from Lily and was wrapped up in a documentary called “Garbage Island.” Having once told his Dad he was going to be an environmental lawyer, he decided he needed to try and save the world now instead of staying a corporate “stooge.” Still grieving, he wanted to be the good man he always told his dad he would be. If they had kids now, he told Lily, he’d be stuck. The two decided they will wait to start a family for a year after “he’s cleaned up all the oceans and saved the planet” because we all know that’s how long it takes.

Ted attempted to be a good boyfriend and head to Zoey’s old apartment to get a box of her things. It was hear he met the Captain and heard his version of how things went down in their divorce and realizes that in this story he’s the bad guy. He’s the other man, who stole Zoey.

While at the Hong Kong airport, Future Ted confirms to Wendy the Waitress that Zoey’s not the mother and that things between them end quite badly. So with this confession, I have to wonder when will this relationship end and what will it teach us about Mr. Mosby? Here’s hoping we find out soon before we get sick of watching what we know doesn’t pan out.

Some additional thoughts:

* Alyson Hannigan is such a great actress. I think she's so under rated. And did everyone catch her pawing of Marshall at MacLaren’s? Amazing.
    * Loved the throwback to “The Mermaid Theory” episode with the Captain’s “murder in the eyes, happiness in the smile” gag
    * Robin and Barney banter always = a win.
    * Ted's got a great mustache.
    * This may just be a crazy thought, but has anyone else thought that this wedding thatTed meets the mother at could be Barney and Robin's?!?!

Quips of the Night:

* “Please, cheese, you like this girl.” – Robin
    * “I don’t get smitten, I smite.” – Barney re: being smitten on Nora
    * “With great penis, comes great responsibility.” – Barney
    * “We had great big boners for each other.” – The Captain re: him and Zoey
    * “In what moonman language is that a 5?” – Barney re: reading Nora’s phone number of a torn napkin

What were your favorite quips of the night? Do you like Barney’s affection for Nora or do you think him and Robin should get back together? What about Zoey and Ted? Should the writer just end them now since we know she’s not the mother? Let us know in the comments below!

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cbs/how-i-met...5#ixzz1EftX8pEB

5. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Monday, February 21, 2011

Why Couldn't She Just Like Boats?: A Recap of Tonight's HIMYM ('Garbage Island')

Some news was released today that a hint about the wedding from ‘Big Days’ (yes the one where Ted meets the mother) would appear in tonight’s episode, ‘Garbage Island’. I was watching for it the entire episode. Now I know the writers of HIMYM can be extremely subtle at times. I also understand that the writers know how obsessive people in their fan base can be (i.e. yours truly). So while looking for this “clue” I tried to not be closed minded about it. But obviously when the episode started with Wendy the
    Waitress I started asking myself if maybe the wedding in ‘Big Days’ was hers. However, when Ted failed to even recognize who Wendy the Waitress was, I immediately discounted that thought. I mean, you would think he would remember who got married in a wedding where he was the best man. Anyway after discounting Wendy I began searching for something else…or rather someone else.

Now don’t get me wrong I definitely still paid attention to the main story. And good thing I did because the audience was told a lot of big things about a few of our main characters. First of all we learned that Ted does NOT marry Zoey. Wendy asks Ted right away if he is still with Zoey and he laughs it off. He even mentions that things between him & Zoey got pretty ugly towards the end (I wonder what’s going to happen to them…perhaps a duel between Ted and The Captain?). Second of all we find out that Barney is finally ready for a relationship. Okay, okay maybe not ready, but he is willing to explore the possibility of a relationship (BIG step for the Barnacle). Lastly we are told that Marshall is no longer content working for GNB and wants to pursue his dream of saving the planet.

All of these things are pretty significant, but to me none of them really spell out a “clue” about the wedding in ‘Big Days.’ At the end of the episode, it looked like a big clue might get dropped….Ted begins to talk about the wedding and a flashback begins. HOWEVER stupid Wendy cuts him off, saying she has to go. Obviously this was just a joke on the writers’ part (I mean do you really think the writers would just lay out the entire wedding scene for us right now?) but it was still kind of mean!

Anyway looking back at the episode, I now have a theory about the clue- and it doesn’t have to do with Wendy, Barney or Marshall. I might be WAY off base, but this is my blog, so yeah I’m just going to share my crazy ideas with you guys. In tonight’s episode Ted visits The Captain twice (obviously not on purpose…he is only trying to collect Zoey’s things). Both times The Captain ushers Ted to his study and complains about the mustached man that stole Zoey from him. In the second visit The Captain even accuses the doorman (who happens to have a mustache) of stealing Zoey and grabs his flails (yes flails) with the intention of seeking revenge.

Sidebar: Is it just me, or does Zoey clearly have a thing for men with flails? It’s already strange enough that Ted owned a flail, but The Captain owns TWO? I apologize if you own a flail- I am not trying to insult your people.

Ted is able to calm down The Captain and explain that The Captain & Zoey really were not the best match. Ted reminds ol ‘Cappy that Zoey doesn’t even like boats. And once Ted says that, this piece of dialogue happens:

CITAZIONE
    The Captain: Why couldn’t she just like boats? Just to have ONE thing in common. Other girls like boats don’t they?
    Ted: Of course they do! And you’ll find one. And you’ll be much happier with her than you ever were with Zoey.
    The Captain: If you put it that way I should almost thank the doorman.

Of course as Ted is leaving, he finally reveals to The Captain that the doorman was not the man who stole Zoey, Ted was. Immediately after this confession Ted bolts for his life. Interestingly enough, we don’t see The Captain go after Ted. Most people probably assume we don’t see The Captain chasing Ted down because Ted got a running head start. I personally believe we don’t see The Captain because he never chases Ted. I think instead that The Captain stays in his big leather chair, reflects on what just happened, and realizes that like the doorman, he should be thanking Ted.

Now in the above piece of dialogue it is hinted at that The Captain will one day find someone else. As we have already learned previously The Captain has no friends. So here is my crazy theory: maybe the wedding we see is The Captain’s. It would make sense to me that The Captain would meet someone else, be so grateful to Ted for breaking up him and Zoey, and would ask Ted to be his best man. After all, The Captain clearly is a bit crazy (which I LOVE about him). I also like thinking that the wedding is The Captain’s because then it would make sense why Zoey is so crucial to the story. Stella was important because she led to Ted getting a job as a professor (which according to Ted was a big part of why he meets the mother). Maybe likewise, Zoey is important because she’ll lead Ted to a wedding.

So there you have it; that’s my theory. The Captain remarries with Ted as his best man, and Ted meets his future wife at the wedding. Now there are some holes in this theory. Like why are Marshall and Lily there? Well like I said The Captain has no friends, so maybe he invites Ted’s friends to tag along. Another hole though is, even if Lily “tagged along” why would she be a bridesmaid? Well, we still don’t know for sure if the dress Lily was wearing was a bridesmaid dress. And even if it was, we still have absolutely no idea who the bride is. For all we know The Captain could marry Lily’s best friend from elementary school. Anyway my point is, although this theory is kind of far out- I still think it’s a possibility. Plus it would be fun to have Colonel Mustard be “the clue” J.

Overall I give this episode a WIN. While I don’t think it was a strong as the past few episodes, I do think it advances the storyline a lot. Because of this I think ‘Garbage Island’ was more positive than negative.

So what did you guys think about tonight’s episode? What do you think “the clue” was? Chime in below with your thoughts!

http://thetvreferee.blogspot.com/2011/02/w...oats-recap.html

6. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother 'Garbage Island' recap: The Captain returns

Tonight’s episode of How I Met Your Mother, which aired on CBS 2 in Queens at 8PM, was “Garbage Island.” Ted had the unfortunate surprise of running into Zoey’s ex-husband, The Captain, while Barney faced his feelings for Nora.

In Hong Kong in 2021, Ted is stuck in the airport when he runs into Wendy.

Back in 2011, Robin tells Barney that Nora enjoyed laser tag. He thinks it was a disaster because she didn’t want to get drinks, so he stopped listening. He denies liking her, but it’s obvious he does. Ted tells Wendy how he and Zoey met and got together (even though she didn’t ask). Zoey asks Ted to pick up a box from her old apartment, but he’s worried about seeing The Captain. Marshall leaves to go finish work, and the others say he’s been acting differently. Lily says he no longer cares about things he used to, and Barney correctly guesses how long it’s been since she and Marshall slept together. Barney hits on Robin, and she says he’s trying to prove he doesn’t care about Nora, who met a guy. He’s visibly upset that Nora has a date. Lily finds Marshall late at night watching a documentary on garbage, which he imagines telling him to him saying to save the planet. Ted goes to pick up the box and The Captain is waiting. He thinks Ted is on his side and brings him upstairs.

Marshall tells the others about Garbage Island and says he’s “going environmental.” He convinced MacLaren’s to join in, and Wendy hurt her back because of it. Ted joins them and tells them The Captain said that Zoey left him for another man. He tells Ted his side of the story, which paints Ted in a negative light. Ted says he’s the bad guy and realizes he forgot Zoey’s box. Lily tries to seduce Marshall, but he’s busy working on his presentation. Barney tells Robin that he went to the restaurant that she said Nora would be on a date at, but she wasn’t there. Robin gives him Nora’s number and realizes he’s scared of being in a relationship. She tells him to come over and sleep with her the following night and says he won’t do it because he doesn’t want to mess things up with Nora.

Marshall presents his “going green” initiative at work, but it doesn’t go over so well. He’s not fired because his father just died (though the worker who stuck up for him was). Lily tries to seduce him again, but he’s distracted by the missing plastic rings from the 6-pack and goes to find them. Ted goes to pick up the box, but The Captain brings him upstairs again and says he knows the other man’s identity. He names the doorman after a couple of scares for Ted. The Captain says that he’s going to have him fired, but Ted talks him out of it. He says he and Zoey have nothing in common and he’s going to have to face it. Ted tells him he’ll find someone new and gets him to agree that it doesn’t matter who Zoey’s dating, confessing it’s him before running out (and grabbing Zoey’s box on the way). Lily finds Marshall going through the dumpster and joins him. Barney shows up at Robin’s and she yells at him that he’s not going to change. However, he wants Nora’s number and goes off to call her. Zoey tells Ted he did steal her by being the sort of guy who wouldn’t think of doing such a thing. She says the story isn’t over. Marshall is upset that his father won’t get to see him as anything but a corporate lawyer, and she realizes that he’s avoiding sleeping with her because he doesn’t want to start a family yet. He doesn’t want to be stuck at GNB, and she says to quit his job and become the environmental lawyer he wants to be before they start a family. The worker Marshall got fired goes to confront him at MacLaren’s and runs into Wendy. They bond over their hate for Marshall and get married.

In 2021, Ted tells them that he’s not with Zoey, but with another girl and starts telling the story, starting at the wedding.

Tune in to CBS 2 in Queens Mondays at 8PM for the rest of season 6 of How I Met Your Mother.

© Meredith Jacobs 2011

How I Met Your Mother 'Garbage Island' recap: The Captain returns - New York Primetime TV | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/primetime-tv-in-ne...s#ixzz1EgOYepNQ

7. aurore
        +1   -1

User deleted

I didn't like the episode and now I'm sad....

8. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jennifer Morrison as Zoey in How I Met Your Mother - S06e17 - Garbage Island

www.megavideo.com/?v=UA87KWUI

9. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother' "Garbage Island" Review: Zoey Isn't the Mother

February 21, 2011 09:50 PM EST

How I Met Your Mother fans have been waiting to find out who Ted's future wife is. In season six, episode 17, "Garbage Island," viewers learned who she's not. Jennifer Morrison's stint might not be over--yet--but she's not the mother.

This reveal came at the end of the HIMYM episode, kind of making the whole Zoey (Jennifer Morrison)/ Ted (Josh Radnor) storyline pointless. That didn't stop the How I Met Your Mother writers from stringing viewers along for a bit.

Wendy the waitress (Charlene Amoia) finally returned, and Ted thought she asked, "How did you meet?", not "How's the meat?" So the short version of the story ensues, but it's not about meeting the mother. It's about how Zoey divorced The Captain (Kyle MacLachlan).

Jennifer MorrisonYet, it doesn't match The Captain's story of events, which Ted learns when he goes to get a box of Zoey's things. Here, the writers give viewers a few laughs, care of pithy one-liners from Kyle MacLachlan: "We had great big boners for each other. Then, enter the scoundrel." Talk about awkward.

Ted thinks he's the bad guy in this story, but Zoey reassures him that he's not. She thinks Ted is kind, sweet, and someone who would never think of stealing someone's girl.

"Sometimes things need to fall apart to make way for better things," Zoey says.

But this is one doomed How I Met Your Mother relationship that abruptly ends.

Yet, other things are getting started elsewhere on HIMYM "Garbage Island."

Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) has a crush on Nora (Nazanin Boniadi), the gal he met last week. Yet, he refuses to admit his feelings to ex-girlfriend Robin (Cobie Smulders). Part of that reason is because he thought Nora wasn't interested. She didn't want to go for drinks after laser tag, and after that refusal, all Barney heard was "wah wah" a la the Charlie Brown cartoon.

In true Barney Stinson mode, he also explained his "lack" of feeling: "She had a nice face, her booty was in place, but Barney don't chase."

In fact, Barney will do almost anything to prove he doesn't like her, even though his smiles keep giving him away. He snuggles up to Robin and say, "We're due for a backslide... or we could do it the normal way."

HIMYM viewers momentarily cheered. Could it be? Will Robin and Barney finally hook up again? Not this time folks. He passed Robin's test and called Nora. Yet, that relationship has got to be doomed, too, right?

That remains to be seen. There's one last How I Met Your Mother relationship on rocky ground, but sure to come out on top--but not in a sexual way. Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) haven't had sex in five weeks and three days, something Barney makes the gang aware of with his "finely calibrated sense of, how do I put this delicately? When a girl's been porked last."

Marshall is clearly stressed. Lily can't figure out why he has no interest in anything anymore--but he does. He's interested in garbage. He has renewed purpose: to institute new recycling policies, first at McLaren's with Wendy taking out heavy bags of bottles, and then at GNB. Yet, his GNB proposal doesn't go smoothly; the one person on his side, Meeker (Daniel O'Brien), gets fired. Marshall keeps his job, because he recently lost his dad.

Therein lies the problem. Marshall can't stop thinking about how his dad will never see the way he turned out. He just saw him as a corporate stooge. Lily encourages him to quit GNB and do his environmental thing, even if it means waiting to have kids.

But, wait, there's more. How did viewers find out Zoey isn't the one for Ted? Fast forward to 2021, when Future Ted runs into Future Wendy. She ended up with Meeker, after they discovered their mutual hatred of Marshall. Apparently, the bad guy can end up being the hero, too.

Not necessarily for Ted, though. Future Wendy asks what happened with Zoey, and all Ted can say is that it ended badly. But that's a story for another day, as is the story of meeting the mother.

Ted starts telling Wendy his "how i met the mother" story, beginning with the day of someone's wedding (come on Barney and Robin!) alluded to once before in the season six opener. But that's it. Wendy stupidly cuts him off.

But viewers had one more hint. Zoey won't be around for long.

What did you think of the big reveal on How I Met Your Mother "Garbage Island"? And how will Barney's new relationship with Nora all turn out?

HIMYM airs on CBS Mondays at 8PM Eastern.

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticl...281474979081075

10. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

'How I Met Your Mother' recap: 'That did not end well'

February 22, 2011 | 7:00 am

“Garbage Island” was quite a funny episode that moved along the character and relationship arcs in a very interesting way. I found myself laughing a lot while also being intrigued at some of the stories the episode was obviously setting up for the remainder of this season.

Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) catches feelings. Barney can't say Nora's (Nazanin Boniadi) name without smiling, but he refuses to admit he's smitten. “She had a nice face. Her booty was in place. But Barney don't chase,” he says. The man doth protest too much, and Robin (Cobie Smulders) is on to him. She encourages him to call Nora and then challenges him by accepting his offer to “throw her one.” When Barney shows up at her place, she gives up. “You're never going to change,” she says. “I'm done trying to help you.” But Barney's just there to get Nora's number, not sleep with Robin, who tells him, “Go get her.” Now, it's not like Barney's never had feelings before. He clearly had them for Robin, but that relationship didn't end so well. Maybe they weren't ready for it. Maybe now is the right time for commitment for Barney. It's also interesting that Robin is pushing him so hard toward Nora, and her line about him never changing is very telling. Obviously, Robin wants her friend to be happy, but I also think it's about Barney becoming the kind of man she wishes he was when he with her. She wants him to grow up. And for all the Barney and Robin lovers like me, hopefully, grow up into someone she could one day get back together with. Because I think a lot of character growth would have to happen first before Robin and Barney could go down that road again.

Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) put parenthood on hold? It certainly seems like that's the case, unless they accidentally get pregnant. Lily is so horny, she can't keep her hands off Marshall, but he's become preoccupied with saving the planet. Working as a corporate stooge at GNB (“At least I know I'm making the world -- a place,” he says) is not the man Marshall wanted his father to see him become. And having a family means he'll be stuck at GNB. Lily tells him it's OK. He should go save the planet, and they'll have kids later. So it looks like the show has found a way to get around the baby issue for the time being, and I'm fine with it. If I had to pick, I'd much rather see Marshall fulfilling his dream to become an environmental lawyer, something he's been talking about since Season 1. Not to mention, it lets the “HIMYM” bar adventures continue sans crying baby or strangely disappearing baby (a.k.a. “Friend's” Emma). Then again, the show could pull a bait and switch and end the season with the twosome expecting.

Zoey (Jennifer Morrison) is not the mother. Duh. The episode starts with Ted (Josh Radnor) in a Hong Kong airport in 2021. He runs into Wendy – long time no see! -- who reveals eventually that she married and had kids with Marshall's former co-worker Meeker, who got fired because of Marshall's green initiative proposal. He'd gone to the bar to confront Marshall when he ran into a frustrated Wendy, who was struggling with the heavy bottles she now had to carry to recycling because of Marshall. (“HIMYM” has to be the most pro-fate, it's-meant-to-be, everything-happens-for-a-reason show ever.) She asks him if he's still with Zoey. “That did not end well,” he reveals before beginning the story of how he met his wife. Wendy interrupts him because they have to take off. Damn it, Wendy.

Even though we didn't learn the mother's identity, we did find out a lot of interesting information. Within 10 years, Ted will be married with two kids and, of course, Zoey is not the mother. (Neither is Wendy, obviously, for those still holding out hope.) In fact, it sounds like we're in for a pretty terrible breakup. I wonder if their own personalities will tear them apart. Ted tells the Captain (Kyle MacLachlan) he never had anything in common with Zoey. But Ted thinks he and Zoey do. That's how they first bonded –- over their mutual interest in architecture. But I think Ted fails to see they have different attitudes and approaches to life. Ted is sensible, pragmatic, reliable and romantic. Zoey is free-spirited, unpredictable, challenging and married The Captain. Their relationship is not nearly as match made in heaven as Ted thinks it is. And that's on top of Ted's realization this week that he's the bad guy in Zoey and the Captain's marriage. He “stole” Zoey. “Sometimes things need to fall apart to make way for better things,” Zoey tells him. She's talking about herself and the Captain, but she could just as easily be prophetically talking about herself and Ted.

Favorite funny bits:
    – Barney's uncanny ability to guess how long it's been since someone's had sex, which he uses on Lily and Robin, who's having a dry spell of 18 weeks. But Barney, Robin doesn't need you to throw her one. She could have any guy she wanted.
    – The lispy voice-over on the Garbage Island program Marshall was watching. Did anyone recognize who it was? The video also led to some funny bits: Lily mimicking the voice-over (Her response when Marshall didn't respond to her advances: “Cwap.”); a suddenly awake Lily yelling, “Is it over? I call on top!”
    – Lily's inability to keep her hands off Marshall at the bar and then forcing Marshall to cup her breast was a great bit of physical comedy from Hannigan. It's also telling of how comfortable the cast must be together by now.
    – The reveal of Ted the Scoundrel with mustache and no shirt.
    – A GNB employee informing Marshall's boss he couldn't fire him because his dad just died. Totally the kind of reluctant empathy I expect from GNB.
    – “Who is this flower child and what has he done with my lionhearted friend Ted Mosby?” If this is the last we see of him, then I'm going to miss the Captain because Kyle MacLachlan is hilarious in a deranged kind of way in this role.
    – Holograms!

Readers, what do you think is ahead for the gang this season? Is Barney going to settle down? Is Robin just pushing him toward Nora to bury her own feelings for him? Will Lily and Marshall get pregnant? And what's going to break up Ted and Zoey?

— Vlada Gelman (follow my TV musings on Twitter at @stayingin)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...t-end-well.html

11. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

Garbage Island – Season 6 Episode 17

Date February 21, 2011

Guys, I’m going environ-mental… –Marshall

I love the fact that it’s not even the end of the Season and we are getting a lot to talk about… a lot the most shows would put off till the coveted Season Finale. Let’s get on with it.

Wendy the Waitress. First off I love Charlene Amoia, so I was pretty happy to see a lot of Wendy tonight. And she still looks amazing 10 years in the future! And the scenes she had were both funny and important. You see there are actually still people who believe she could be the mother…despite hard work trying to explain otherwise (ref. More on the Mother from HIMYM). I still love those people but the closing of Garbage Island while missing the big Mother question, does give us some insight into the future. Was it what we asked for? No. Was it cool to know? Absolutely, plus we get an answer to…

Zoey. Jennifer Morrison is very cool, no lie. But I’m very happy that HIMYM put to rest the idea she could be the mother. Although I felt they had said that long ago, some people don’t notice it all… and I love you guys, really. It’s your attention to detail that impresses me the most. I digress. The interesting thing here is it ends badly. And why shouldn’t it? Zoey tells Ted that the Captain left her when in fact it was the other way around. And Ted dismisses that so easily it seems… I mean are they even divorced yet? Way to be a douche still Ted.

Barney. He really should work at a fire with a skill like is sexless meter. That’s a seriously impressive skill, but I’m sure it’s acquired. We do get the feeling that he & Nora will be an item, and I know that adds them to the possible wedding list. It does go to show that Barney is changing, now will he change so much that fans lose interest because he is a completely different character or can the writers keep him Barney enough to carry on? On a other note, let’s look at Robin in relation to this. We see she is pushing Barney but I really wonder if it;s as simple as that? I kept hoping to read some lingering emotional connection between Barney & Robin, like she was pushing Nora so she could get over Barney, but I didn’t really see it. It just remains a hope for me.

Marshall. I love the fact that Arthur goes easy on him because of his Dad but still fires Meker. Though is does appear Meker and Wendy’s mutual hatred of Marshall brought them together. Is this in fact the death of Corporate Marshall? Will we see him quit, interview? On the interview topic, if he tries to go back to the NRDC won’t that be like his 3rd interview? And he turned them down twice before? That should be interesting. Also, Lily was hilarious tonight, frantically trying to get noticed.
    Moments of Awesomeness

* When Barney doesn’t listen, would you consider that more of a light horn or a Charley Brown Parent’s moment?
    * Wendy.
    * Barney offering Robin an end to her dry spell by “throwing her one”
    * That did not end well. I loved that moment and wanted to shot a certain 4 letter phrase that ended with “I told you so” from the mountains.
    * The Captain’s angry, creepy stare, as he first see’s Ted from the shadows. I would still love to make that game Marshall made during Mermaid Theory.
    * Hologram Phones. Can’t wait for it.
    * Limit the search to guys with moustaches. Great Moustache for Ted. Also, did the door man look familiar?

Legendary Lines

Wendy: Actually, I said how is your meat?
    Ted: Oh…A little cold.
    Wendy: Gee, I wonder why.

Ted: That guy scares the panties off me.

Barney: With great penis comes great responsibility.

The Captain: We had great big boners for each other! Then, enter the scoundrel…

Barney: She had a nice face, her booty was in place, but Barney don’t chase.

The Captain: Rapscallion may be going a little too far, Ted
    Lingering Questions

* How much longer till we see the “not ending well” of Ted & Zoey.
    * When will we see the end of Corporate Marshall?
    * I head someone on twitter say this was the end of Wendy… I hope not.
    * Barney? Zoey? Will the beginning of them mean an end for an eventual Robin & Barney reunion?

Barney & Nora? Robin? Ted’s the bad guy. Corporate Marshall? Was the the mother heading into the bathroom right after Lily did that thing? Joking on that one…but discuss away!

What did you think about Garbage Island?

http://www.beawesomeinstead.com/how-i-met-...n-6-episode-17/

12. MVitto
        +1   -1

User deleted

just seen :D I like Barney storyline :rolleyes: ^_^

JMO part is nice but... ehm... we didn't exactly heard all Ted story about The Mother... why did they cut off Zoey-Ted storyline in this way?
    I think it's strange... I don't believe that the writers do something like that... I'm not sure but I had the feeling it's a misunderstanding... I'm not sure Zoey isn't The Mother...

if it's really a girl from his past, I'm ok. I don't understand how they used Zoey and I confirm I don't like this character too much.
    I'd love to see some kind of Mindy/Big Stan, Annie/100 women instead of this Zoey. JMO can be more funny than that...

IMO we have to wait a little more ;)

13. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

How I Met Your Mother - Episode 6.17 - Garbage Island

Caps HHQs - Jennifer Morrison

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

14. Aleki77
        +1   -1

User deleted

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

13 replies since 3/2/2011, 22:38   1045 views